Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ground in London 13:07 - Oct 29 with 3744 viewsBakes

Nice little piece about our ground

https://www.terraceedition.com/home-haute/best-ground-london-loftus-road-qpr-tom

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Best ground in London on 13:18 - Oct 29 with 3670 viewsHastings_Hoops

“The late stan Bowles” ?!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 13:18]
Best ground in London on 13:22 - Oct 29 with 3646 viewsAirtomoreira

Odd, saw a post on a FB page earlier referring to "the late Stan Bowles".
Best ground in London on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 3498 viewsLimehouseR

Some great photos in there as well. Many would disagree but we do have the best ground despite all the modern failings of an 'arena'.
Best ground in London on 13:53 - Oct 29 with 3441 viewscaptainmycaptian

Yep let's stay have a proper ground bring back rhe bear anyone on their day rangers irrespective of the state of the club. That with a really rocking ground amd at least we can enjoy the football. Who would of thought I would be looking back at some of the best days of QPR only having supported them from the late 80s
Best ground in London on 14:08 - Oct 29 with 3358 viewsdmm

A bit romanticised but I loved that and it provided a bit of much needed cheer.
Best ground in London on 14:30 - Oct 29 with 3289 viewshubble

Blimey: "Loftus Road is the Globe Theatre of grounds, where you can hear the last syllable of a soliloquy as well as the guffaws of the regulars in the gallery."

The theatre of broken dreams maybe!

I enjoyed the prose, but let's be honest, our beloved little ground is a shithole. No, I don't want to move to a soulless bowl, yes, I'd much, much rather we stayed in the bororough, but bloody hell I'd love somewhere where my knees aren't scored by the seat in front, where I can piss at half time and still get back for the start of the second half, and where my view isn't obscured by a pillar.

I thought the photos were great, and as I said, I enjoyed the prose, but this is a romantic, halcyon gloss on the ugly reality of our delapidated, decaying little ground.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Best ground in London on 14:50 - Oct 29 with 3180 viewsHammersmithR

Irony out of all this is if we go down nothing in terms on my entry to the ground and where I sit in the Upper Loft has changed from when we were last down in League 1! Only change is we have to scan to go in rather than than same young kid taking the stub out of your season ticket. My cramped seat is still the same. Shows in 20 odd years we just haven’t moved forward in so many key areas. Most of the people around where we sit were there in the League 1 days and we’re not going to be around forever. If you went on a commercial flight you wouldn’t be allowed to sell a ticket with such little legroom.
Best ground in London on 17:25 - Oct 29 with 2944 viewsqpr_1968

well i thought that was absolute quality.....and feel proud to be a qpr supporter, in every sense of the word.

well done.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

Best ground in London on 17:48 - Oct 29 with 2851 viewsdutch

Best ground in London on 14:30 - Oct 29 by hubble

Blimey: "Loftus Road is the Globe Theatre of grounds, where you can hear the last syllable of a soliloquy as well as the guffaws of the regulars in the gallery."

The theatre of broken dreams maybe!

I enjoyed the prose, but let's be honest, our beloved little ground is a shithole. No, I don't want to move to a soulless bowl, yes, I'd much, much rather we stayed in the bororough, but bloody hell I'd love somewhere where my knees aren't scored by the seat in front, where I can piss at half time and still get back for the start of the second half, and where my view isn't obscured by a pillar.

I thought the photos were great, and as I said, I enjoyed the prose, but this is a romantic, halcyon gloss on the ugly reality of our delapidated, decaying little ground.

Not romantic but realistic. Some would prefer a newer, cleaner, more comfortable experience, others, me included want to hold on to the unique cave we live and play in. I would not swap more leg room for less atmosphere and proximity. And certainly not if it means moving out of our ancestral homeland. I'd rather watch us here in division one, than in some faceless place nowhere near anywhere.
Best ground in London on 18:10 - Oct 29 with 2778 viewsthehat

Interestingly my 15 year old Daughter has just got home from West Ham v Everton it was a school trip for the girls football team on a coach etc.

“So how did it go” I asked “ well apart from one rendition of I’m for ever blowing bubbles it wasn’t great we were sat in the gods and the game and atmosphere was flat. It was nice to watch the game without any emotional stress but give me Loftus Road any day” she replied.

I can’t lie it brought a smile to my face………That’s my girl………
Best ground in London on 18:14 - Oct 29 with 2762 viewsHastings_Hoops

Best ground in London on 17:48 - Oct 29 by dutch

Not romantic but realistic. Some would prefer a newer, cleaner, more comfortable experience, others, me included want to hold on to the unique cave we live and play in. I would not swap more leg room for less atmosphere and proximity. And certainly not if it means moving out of our ancestral homeland. I'd rather watch us here in division one, than in some faceless place nowhere near anywhere.

If the club needs to generate revenue from its assets through a live music venue as the owners appear to obsess over; do it as the training ground and build some conference facilities overlooking the training pitches + exclusive health spa for players and ‘high paying’ guests to use… Heathrow area is as much a good place for generating revenue this way as W12 which is, let’s not forget, surrounded by stiff competition (Albert hall, Earl’s Court, shepherds bush academy (or whatever it’s called now) etc).
Focus on improving Loftus road as a football arena and optimise concourse areas and hospitality as Michael Drain has proposed.
Best ground in London on 19:22 - Oct 29 with 2625 viewsNorthLondonR

Best ground in London on 18:14 - Oct 29 by Hastings_Hoops

If the club needs to generate revenue from its assets through a live music venue as the owners appear to obsess over; do it as the training ground and build some conference facilities overlooking the training pitches + exclusive health spa for players and ‘high paying’ guests to use… Heathrow area is as much a good place for generating revenue this way as W12 which is, let’s not forget, surrounded by stiff competition (Albert hall, Earl’s Court, shepherds bush academy (or whatever it’s called now) etc).
Focus on improving Loftus road as a football arena and optimise concourse areas and hospitality as Michael Drain has proposed.

San Miguel is not Spanish
Best ground in London on 19:24 - Oct 29 with 2604 viewsjoe90

Best ground in London on 19:22 - Oct 29 by NorthLondonR

Actually discovered this recently. A good quiz question.

Ps: Nice article. A welcome change to read something positive about QPR. I was actually feeling frustrated about where I sit, a combination of annoying fans, children kicking my seat and the constant threat of being shat on by a pigeon. The joys of Loftus Road!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 19:36]
Best ground in London on 20:08 - Oct 29 with 2457 viewskernowhoop

Lovely!!
Best ground in London on 20:17 - Oct 29 with 2410 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Bakes. Loved that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best ground in London on 20:27 - Oct 29 with 2371 viewsOakR

Thanks for this - really enjoyed reading that!

We'd all like more legroom and no pillars, and the ability to get serverd / go to the toilet in under 20 minutes at HT, but imagine having a one of those soulness bowls!

If we ever do change the Spurs model is definitely the way to go, on a smaller scale - keep the same atmosphere better, well everything else!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Best ground in London on 20:28 - Oct 29 with 2368 viewsSonofpugwash

Stick a retractable roof on it.Game changer and would get rid of the pigeons.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Best ground in London on 12:10 - Oct 30 with 1990 viewsTheChef

Best ground in London on 19:22 - Oct 29 by NorthLondonR

Actually Filipino!

Never knew that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024