Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr 100% Norwich thread 21:34 - Nov 24 with 44429 viewscolinallcars

Proud of my 100% record - well, it's one out of one.
Still, rainbows I'm inclined to pursue so I'll go for a long awaited win and gee'd up by Clives desciption of Norwich's poor form.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:03 - Nov 25 with 2471 viewslassel

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 16:58 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can’t argue this squad isn’t shit, but the least shit is Chair.

As ever with all arguments to drop/sack/lynch you need someone else to take their place. We were howling for Willock weeks ago and got what we wanted. He’s done the square of fck all.

The same will happen for whoever we are beatifying to take over from Chair, although we are running out of Martyrs.

I love Chair as much as anyone, but he should be in Marti’s office smashing the place up demanding to operate between the lines…. He’s too comfortable lingering out on the left doing flicks and step overs 40 yards from any danger and a YTS full back could telegraph his step inside when we do find him in the right areas.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:03 - Nov 25 with 2469 viewsLblock

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 16:56 - Nov 25 by JAPRANGERS

6 points from safety now. Hopeless.

SEVEN

This lot stink of a well deserved relegation
Dozzell started most of Norwich best moves when he came on
Up front we are beyond a joke

Down with the Christmas decks I would say
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 17:18]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:03 - Nov 25 with 2465 viewscharmr

Thing I noticed is when the forward pass is on it just doesn’t happen. Why? confidence, vision, ability or likely all 3. Also the lack of combination play in their penalty box is always on especially when Chair cuts in on the right.

Probably a frustrating team to play in as a player.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:04 - Nov 25 with 2408 viewsDamo1962

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:01 - Nov 25 by Hooping_Mad

Had better movement than Dykes first half, not so good second.

I'm sixty...and I have better movement than Inkman.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:04 - Nov 25 with 2410 viewsNed_Kennedys

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 16:47 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not watching the game just reading this thread so no idea how he’s playing but people are crazy if they think Chair should be dropped and isn’t the only slither of hope we have for staying up.

On the other side if we are relying on Chair to create and score the goals to keep us up we are doomed: he’s just not got it in him.

Cifuentes has somehow got to work out how to get goals out of this team: this is not just down to the forwards looking unlikely to ever score as the crossing and creativity is lacking from the whole team.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:05 - Nov 25 with 2374 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:00 - Nov 25 by stevec

Fck the board.

Who in their right mind thought this attack was sufficient to keep us up?

The only conclusion is thay want us relegated to leverage their exit. I'm more and more sure of it.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:05 - Nov 25 with 2357 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought that was miles better than a few weeks ago.

Positives

Generally solid at the back (they only had one shot on target).
Controlled midfield.
Pressing good.
Well set up to win second ball and to regain possession.

Negatives

Central midfield were too static, and didn't add anything in attack.
Chair and Willock too far apart, Chair overcarrying on a few occasions.
Set pieces still poor, not sure why we didn't go short more.
Crossing still poor.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:06 - Nov 25 with 2342 viewsrbee

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 16:41 - Nov 25 by lassel

Jesus Christ Kakay is so poor..

I thought he did ok today especially in the first half breaking forward on numerous occassions.

There are many things wrong with our team but Ozzie is nowhere near the top of that list.
Login to get fewer ads

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:06 - Nov 25 with 2295 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:04 - Nov 25 by Ned_Kennedys

On the other side if we are relying on Chair to create and score the goals to keep us up we are doomed: he’s just not got it in him.

Cifuentes has somehow got to work out how to get goals out of this team: this is not just down to the forwards looking unlikely to ever score as the crossing and creativity is lacking from the whole team.

That’s very different to calling for him to be dropped, which was my point.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 with 2290 viewsjoolsyp

We have to find somebody who can score in Jan if we're going to stay up. I'm really enjoying watching Marti-ball and felt we were by far the better team today. 62% possession and out-shot them 9-7 (3-1 on target) according to the Beeb. We have to keep in touch with the likes of Huddersfield, Plymouth and Millwall over the christmas period. Keep the faith lads and lasses!
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 with 2268 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:06 - Nov 25 by rbee

I thought he did ok today especially in the first half breaking forward on numerous occassions.

There are many things wrong with our team but Ozzie is nowhere near the top of that list.

Agreed.

I thought he was good in the first half, but Cannon would still have added a bit more quality.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 with 2254 viewslassel

Hard disagree.

Kakay being anywhere near the field is symptomatic of the rot that has set in at QPR.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:08 - Nov 25 with 2215 viewsFredManRave

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 16:59 - Nov 25 by Dorse

What a pain in the arse.

Beer time.

Let's face it Dorse, the first line could have been any sentence in the world.

But the second one was always going to be that one.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:08 - Nov 25 with 2207 viewsbosh67

Did Dykes go off injured or just not doing much?

We are definitely better than we were but of course no strikers, no goals and little chance of doing much until or unless another few actual goal scorers can be found.

Pretty hopeless for Marti to try and turn this around when it's so obvious we lack any fire power.

Someone else said it here, but why did we get rid of Chris Martin when he was on a low wage and actually chipped in with some goals? Most fans couldn't wait to get rid but the guy kept us up. I admire Dykes for his effort after his illness, but we would have done better keeping Martin!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:11 - Nov 25 with 2111 viewsnumptydumpty

Agree with this and not just because he been at club since very young. He has improved and does create on occasions - not a gifted player but you get his full effort and sometimes can be effective.

He is now also a reserve as Cannon when fit is ahead of him.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:12 - Nov 25 with 2097 viewsJimthehip

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:05 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that was miles better than a few weeks ago.

Positives

Generally solid at the back (they only had one shot on target).
Controlled midfield.
Pressing good.
Well set up to win second ball and to regain possession.

Negatives

Central midfield were too static, and didn't add anything in attack.
Chair and Willock too far apart, Chair overcarrying on a few occasions.
Set pieces still poor, not sure why we didn't go short more.
Crossing still poor.

Yes I thought a LOT better. Field has to score at the end. its an awful miss.

You look at the stats and we were the better team. Bossed possession, more shots on goal more on target. Things WILL change. With this way of playing we will stay up.

Impressed with Dixon Bonner. I personally would start Armstrong for Dykes on Tuesday. If Cannon fit play, but I do I think Kaykay did ok today. Clarke salter to play if fit imo. I'd play Smyth for Willock for Tuesday

Tuesday we're gonna win. I just feel like we're nearly there.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:13 - Nov 25 with 2055 viewscharmr

We are a million miles away from the dirge of a few months ago and a million miles from where we need to be. Can definitely see it happening, it’s just when.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:15 - Nov 25 with 1974 viewsNorthLondonR

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 by lassel

Hard disagree.

Kakay being anywhere near the field is symptomatic of the rot that has set in at QPR.

Out of all of that today, how have you come to that c9nclusion? What exactly was so detrimental about his game akin to the entirety of the performance have you chosen to call him out? I mean if you compare to their right back what was so offensive to you? A very strange and almost pathological hatred of a player that whilst not a world beater is a 6 out of 10 most games... I find this concentrated effort of hatred quite strange, no doubt Cannon will hopefully add something based on what everyone's read on the Internet and having seen him, I think he will offer a lot, but of all the players today, to dussect only Ossie's performance is a bit weird and some may say, completely unjustified
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:17 - Nov 25 with 1912 viewsnumptydumpty

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:12 - Nov 25 by Jimthehip

Yes I thought a LOT better. Field has to score at the end. its an awful miss.

You look at the stats and we were the better team. Bossed possession, more shots on goal more on target. Things WILL change. With this way of playing we will stay up.

Impressed with Dixon Bonner. I personally would start Armstrong for Dykes on Tuesday. If Cannon fit play, but I do I think Kaykay did ok today. Clarke salter to play if fit imo. I'd play Smyth for Willock for Tuesday

Tuesday we're gonna win. I just feel like we're nearly there.

i would play Smyth for Chair myself. Willock did well I felt

Chair is not a team player - always tries to do it himself - many opportunites potentially not created because he can be a one trick pony most of the time and is so greedy to hang onto the ball

I would get rid of Chair in January - all play currently goes through him and when it does it comes to a grinding halt.

Admittedly a talented player but his greediness and predictability seen as we focussing on him to be our one creative force and he really isnt I feel we get some money for him and totally tear up what we been trying for last 18 months becasue Chair is not working right at all

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:17 - Nov 25 with 1906 viewsmart_Goblin

Another hugely frustrating Saturday.

We do have to be patient with the coach . You can tell he has a clear vision and to me, is someone we should protect as he simply can’t get this turd to shine no matter how hard he polishes.

But patience is entitled to be short with some of these players . Twice today we’ve seen QPR players run into each other brainlessly. They looked panicked and nervous and for the umpteenth time in the last 2/3 years they have withdrawn and started feeling sorry for themselves.
And as for the goal …the most basic lump forward which should result in the most basic of dealings for any defence this side of under 9 football …but Jimmy Dunne. That’s f*cking criminal from
Someone I’ve said openly is not good enough .

What does Cifuentes do about that ?

We can pass neat and tidy and look better on the ball which we did for the first hour but if your main man is in affective so much so you have to take him off to try to win the game with 30 mins left , then it’s a desperate situation.

Get behind Marti. Let him do his job. But some of this lot I can’t wait to see the back of
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 18:38]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:18 - Nov 25 with 1886 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 by joolsyp

We have to find somebody who can score in Jan if we're going to stay up. I'm really enjoying watching Marti-ball and felt we were by far the better team today. 62% possession and out-shot them 9-7 (3-1 on target) according to the Beeb. We have to keep in touch with the likes of Huddersfield, Plymouth and Millwall over the christmas period. Keep the faith lads and lasses!

That's how I see it. All we have to do is finish above three poorer teams. Next three home games are key for me - get seven points and it's a different table.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:18 - Nov 25 with 1871 viewsPetros

Just to say, Dunne showed more composure on the left wing in that final minute move than Chair and Willock have all season.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:19 - Nov 25 with 1858 viewsmart_Goblin

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:15 - Nov 25 by NorthLondonR

Out of all of that today, how have you come to that c9nclusion? What exactly was so detrimental about his game akin to the entirety of the performance have you chosen to call him out? I mean if you compare to their right back what was so offensive to you? A very strange and almost pathological hatred of a player that whilst not a world beater is a 6 out of 10 most games... I find this concentrated effort of hatred quite strange, no doubt Cannon will hopefully add something based on what everyone's read on the Internet and having seen him, I think he will offer a lot, but of all the players today, to dussect only Ossie's performance is a bit weird and some may say, completely unjustified

To pick Ozzy out is just lazy to be honest . He was no better but certainly no worse than anyone else.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:21 - Nov 25 with 1803 viewsbaz_qpr

We are a midfield playmaker short, a creative wide player short and two strikers short. If Glass-Salter is fit he has to start over Dunne who has a Karl Ready clanger in him a game.

Its miles better, we are competitive and we should have got something out of that game but it shows up the deficiencies and utter idiocy of the Ainsworth appointment and Cook / Cannon aside the summer recruitment.

And Marti needs to get in Chairs ear he has to play the earlier ball and look to get it back rather than trying to win it on his own.

Edit - Re Willock, yes better, but contributed very little to actual chance creation which is what his Job is and has definitely lost a yard of pace
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 17:24]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:22 - Nov 25 with 1784 viewsmart_Goblin

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 by joolsyp

January will be too late I fear
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024