Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr 100% Norwich thread 21:34 - Nov 24 with 44416 viewscolinallcars

Proud of my 100% record - well, it's one out of one.
Still, rainbows I'm inclined to pursue so I'll go for a long awaited win and gee'd up by Clives desciption of Norwich's poor form.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:26 - Nov 25 with 2474 viewsWatford_Ranger

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:19 - Nov 25 by mart_Goblin

To pick Ozzy out is just lazy to be honest . He was no better but certainly no worse than anyone else.

Yeah didn’t do a lot wrong. Got forward, gives us a bit of pace sorely lacking in the team.

Meanwhile Paal constantly takes corners that would embarrass the Dog & Duck 2nd XI.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:27 - Nov 25 with 2455 viewsMalintabuk

What a totally depressing afternoon.... freezing cold.... p!ssing down .... and us, total misery..
Just about got feeling back in my fingers in the car to comment on here... read the thread and not really a lot to add....
Totally clueless going forward.... defence does seem more organised and the Bonner lad does have something about him, was probably our best player in midfield
But up front... can't cross.... can't create... and continents drift quicker than Dykes response to the few crosses we do get in. Willock I'm afraid as either gone or really can't be @rsed.... and Chair is there something in his contract that says he must play ont he left? ... because he must be the only left sided player in this league that can't use his left foot.....
I was one of the.... we may just get out of this...but unless Marti has a few Scandinavian gems up his sleeve coming in.... we are shagged
Well onto Tuesday I guess... but can't see anything better
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:29 - Nov 25 with 2425 viewslassel

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:15 - Nov 25 by NorthLondonR

Out of all of that today, how have you come to that c9nclusion? What exactly was so detrimental about his game akin to the entirety of the performance have you chosen to call him out? I mean if you compare to their right back what was so offensive to you? A very strange and almost pathological hatred of a player that whilst not a world beater is a 6 out of 10 most games... I find this concentrated effort of hatred quite strange, no doubt Cannon will hopefully add something based on what everyone's read on the Internet and having seen him, I think he will offer a lot, but of all the players today, to dussect only Ossie's performance is a bit weird and some may say, completely unjustified

Positionally shocking, defensively non existent and his ‘crossing’ when found is just embarrassing for a professional footballer.

I would turn the question around and say what did he and has he done to justify playing in the Championship?

The fact that his defenders can only say ‘he tries hard’ sums it up. If Cannon isn’t ready for Tuesday I’d have Drewe in at RB without a seconds hesitation and even Adomah as backup before looking at Kakay.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:29 - Nov 25 with 2422 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

So, 2 goals conceeded in 3 games, but only 1 scored. Marti has stopped the rot at the back, now we need to score. Easy!

The big worry for me is the lack of chances being created. Go back to Warburton and we'd score 3 or 4 a game because we had Eze, Bright, Manning and Chair, but we also missed loads, Hugill over the bar again.

We can knock the strikers, but Christ, we create maybe 1 or 2 chances per game. We haven't had a striker who could score from that ratio since Ferdinand.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:30 - Nov 25 with 2416 viewsted_hendrix

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:05 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that was miles better than a few weeks ago.

Positives

Generally solid at the back (they only had one shot on target).
Controlled midfield.
Pressing good.
Well set up to win second ball and to regain possession.

Negatives

Central midfield were too static, and didn't add anything in attack.
Chair and Willock too far apart, Chair overcarrying on a few occasions.
Set pieces still poor, not sure why we didn't go short more.
Crossing still poor.

This Is killing me, the end result Is the same another predictable loss.

WTF are Colback and Cook doing or achieving by getting booked?

Are our players f ucking thick or just plain thick and useless?

We still cant take threatening corners, Jesus wept I give In.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:30 - Nov 25 with 2416 viewsMedwayR

Only way we might have a goal threat is playing Dykes and Armstrong together, they should be a handful for CB's if played together. Plat a 4-3-1-2 with Chair given licence to roam.

Poll: Who’s better?

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:31 - Nov 25 with 2406 viewsVancouverHoop

Did Dykes go off injured or just not doing much?

It's hard to know for sure from watching the feed. Optimistically I think maybe he does a lot off the ball that isn't evident on-screen. I hope so anyway!
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:32 - Nov 25 with 2386 viewsNov77

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:00 - Nov 25 by stevec

Fck the board.

Who in their right mind thought this attack was sufficient to keep us up?

Ainsworth did, he said both dykes and Armstrong would get 10+ goals each this season, (what have they got so far? One each?)

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:34 - Nov 25 with 2360 viewsNorthLondonR

*meant to be a reply to the weird obsessive Kakay post

On that basis, surely your angst should be directed at Jimmy Dunne? A straight ball through the middle? Just a weird view
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 17:40]
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 2258 viewsWatford_Ranger

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:17 - Nov 25 by numptydumpty

i would play Smyth for Chair myself. Willock did well I felt

Chair is not a team player - always tries to do it himself - many opportunites potentially not created because he can be a one trick pony most of the time and is so greedy to hang onto the ball

I would get rid of Chair in January - all play currently goes through him and when it does it comes to a grinding halt.

Admittedly a talented player but his greediness and predictability seen as we focussing on him to be our one creative force and he really isnt I feel we get some money for him and totally tear up what we been trying for last 18 months becasue Chair is not working right at all

What little hope we have is lost without Chair. He was suspended for the last match and it was painful watching Willock in comparison.

Saying that, while I see what Cifuentes is trying to do by playing the wide players very wide, it’s unlikely to get the best from Willock or Chair.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:45 - Nov 25 with 2191 viewsqprcmob

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 13:45 - Nov 25 by Discodroids

8 pints of Lowenbrau last night lads. I've got a hangover like i've been out with Kit Lambert on a smartie cap top of Gak In the bowels of a Members only Rue belliard satanic sex club, and then on for a 5 hour dinner in Le Chalet de la Forêt with Francis Bacon. Crashed out on the sette like a sack of week old tripe.

Got Disco Junior and his missus over for Dinner and yet more Lager. I'm up for it about as much as a dinner date with john wayne gacy with his backpack of Garden twine, Pliers, Polythene bags, Swarfega, plumbers tape and wrags of ethanoyl chloride .

With luck a QPR win will have me up and about and screaming with joy like a toothless typhus ridden hag watching beheadings at the angled blade of the French revolution guillotine. Fu(k knows.. what the fu(k am i talking about..

And lo, on the 7th day he created lowenbrau. And he saw that it was good. Bastard Good.

3-1 supahoopsa.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 13:49]

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:48 - Nov 25 with 2160 viewsstevec

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:32 - Nov 25 by Nov77

Ainsworth did, he said both dykes and Armstrong would get 10+ goals each this season, (what have they got so far? One each?)

Yep he just went along with it. Should have walked if he had any gumption.

Whether the fckers will do anything about it in January is anybody’s guess.

We have to get beyond the idea that Chair/Willock is some kind of salvation, Willock is washed up.

Chair on the left is a total waste. Play him centre of three attacking midfielders, try Armstrong to one side and Smyth to the other side. Field and Colback can sit behind.

It won’t solve the decrepit situation of Dykes up front, we still probably won’t win games, probably make us more vulnerable behind too, but just bed something in with a view to having something resembling a centre forward some time in the future, even if this season becomes a write off.

I can’t watch us floundering around for much longer, it’s pitiful.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:49 - Nov 25 with 2142 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

And one other thing. If we do get relegated we can lay it squarely at Ainsworth and the cnt that appointed him.

How can a team go from conceding 3 or 4 a game regularly to only conceding 2 in 3 games? Basic coaching.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:57 - Nov 25 with 2077 viewsRuislipHoop

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:49 - Nov 25 by Wilkinswatercarrier

And one other thing. If we do get relegated we can lay it squarely at Ainsworth and the cnt that appointed him.

How can a team go from conceding 3 or 4 a game regularly to only conceding 2 in 3 games? Basic coaching.

Disagree,the fault lies squarely with the DoF and the owners.No long term plan,no structure,no long term transfer policy
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:11 - Nov 25 with 1948 viewsManinBlack

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 16:59 - Nov 25 by SherryHoop

Not the result that will take us down but something needs to click for us soon or it's going to be too big a gap to close.

You can only really create confidence by winning but somehow Marti needs to create it from somewhere.

We need to eek out a few 1-0s just to stop the rot.

To be honest Norwich could field 11 ducks and they would still beat us. We always find a way to lose to them even when they are in poor form.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:12 - Nov 25 with 1940 viewsdaveB

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:05 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that was miles better than a few weeks ago.

Positives

Generally solid at the back (they only had one shot on target).
Controlled midfield.
Pressing good.
Well set up to win second ball and to regain possession.

Negatives

Central midfield were too static, and didn't add anything in attack.
Chair and Willock too far apart, Chair overcarrying on a few occasions.
Set pieces still poor, not sure why we didn't go short more.
Crossing still poor.

thought Paal had a good game, really performance deserved a draw at the every least, thought we played well but really poor defending from Dunne again for the goal and Field has to hit the target at the end

Willock started well but faded second half
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:16 - Nov 25 with 1899 viewssupahoopsa

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:26 - Nov 25 by Watford_Ranger

Yeah didn’t do a lot wrong. Got forward, gives us a bit of pace sorely lacking in the team.

Meanwhile Paal constantly takes corners that would embarrass the Dog & Duck 2nd XI.

Glad I'm not the only one who is seriously fed-up with our corners. We had more today than I can remember for a long time, but not one of them caused Norwich a problem. Willocks ridiculous corner to the edge of the 18 yard box straight to a Norwich player and Paal constantly unable to beat the first man and as for the last corner he took, straight to the first man, back to Paal who then did the complete opposite and hit a dreadful over hit cross over the heads of everyone and straight out for a goal kick.

I'm the first to agree that we need better strikers, but we could have Haaland and Salah playing up front and they'd have no idea whether a cross was going to actually be played and if it was, absolutely no idea where it was going to go

We need to get the BASICS right

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:19 - Nov 25 with 1865 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:57 - Nov 25 by RuislipHoop

Disagree,the fault lies squarely with the DoF and the owners.No long term plan,no structure,no long term transfer policy

the results prove that a good coach can make players better. And I did say the cnt that appointed him.

If Marti had been in charge since May we would not be in the bottom 3.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:28 - Nov 25 with 1767 viewsManinBlack

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:07 - Nov 25 by joolsyp

We have to find somebody who can score in Jan if we're going to stay up. I'm really enjoying watching Marti-ball and felt we were by far the better team today. 62% possession and out-shot them 9-7 (3-1 on target) according to the Beeb. We have to keep in touch with the likes of Huddersfield, Plymouth and Millwall over the christmas period. Keep the faith lads and lasses!

I would rule out Plymouth unless they sell their forwards in January. We have scored 11, they have scored 29. They put 6 past Norwich. We have played 180 minutes against Norwich scoring nowt. Today Plymouth beat Sunderland who have more wins at Loftus Road this year than we do. Seriously Plymouth, a candidate to be one of the worst three teams in this division? That is stretching optimism beyond any credibility. I see more chance of the Pilgrims taking six points off us than dropping in the bottom three.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:32 - Nov 25 with 1732 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:12 - Nov 25 by daveB

thought Paal had a good game, really performance deserved a draw at the every least, thought we played well but really poor defending from Dunne again for the goal and Field has to hit the target at the end

Willock started well but faded second half

Good post that should have been the equalizer from Field and we would all be happy .
Lets not forget before this new Manager our chances died with giving up the first goal but today we were one kick away from a draw that is massive progress IMO.
Of course the goal chances are pathetic for us and nobody seems to have that killer edge right now.
Pity Armstrong and Dykes were away for the last 2 weeks he could have figured something out but nothing is happening .
The stupid bookings have to stop there is no excuse for 2 experienced pros like Cook and Colback they should be fined by QPRat least maybe taking cash out of their pocket will teach them .
One bright spot to steal a line from Clive ,at least Hwang did not pull his Hwang out celebrating the goal
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:34 - Nov 25 with 1712 viewsNortholt_Rs

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:18 - Nov 25 by Wegerles_Stairs

That's how I see it. All we have to do is finish above three poorer teams. Next three home games are key for me - get seven points and it's a different table.

We’ve got 10 points from a possible 51 …..so, it would be miraculous for us to get 7 points out of the next 9.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:51 - Nov 25 with 1598 viewsTacticalR

Still in Norwich trying to get warmed up.

For all our possession we looked devoid of creativity. A lot of our players are static, which means the midfield players had nobody to pass to. Field and Colback kept turning backwards. I would guess confidence is a factor. Chair coming deep to get the ball is always a bad sign. The hopeful balls forward to Dykes and Armstrong didn't work either.

It's better than Ainsworthball, but still not easy to watch.

Norwich look a typical Championship side (not a promotion side), a bit fitter and stronger than us.

Air hostess clique

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:58 - Nov 25 with 1536 viewsNed_Kennedys

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:06 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s very different to calling for him to be dropped, which was my point.

You’ve posted a few times on this thread implying that Chair is our best player and our best chance of staying up: he really isn’t and has had a terrible season in the main. Cifuentes has got to work out how to get him playing much better starting with looking up and passing more.
Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:11 - Nov 25 with 1438 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 17:30 - Nov 25 by MedwayR

Only way we might have a goal threat is playing Dykes and Armstrong together, they should be a handful for CB's if played together. Plat a 4-3-1-2 with Chair given licence to roam.

Give me strength! Name me one game, one, where them being on the pitch at the same time has looked even promising! Dykes is done at QPR, ands Armstrong is a hulk of a winger who might score 3-5 goals this season if we're lucky. He just about warrants a place on the bnech right now, but that's it.

In the words of Edwyn Collins, as far as our 'strike force' goes, it's a case of 'rip it up and start again'!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 19:12 - Nov 25 with 1438 viewsWatford_Ranger

Mr 100% Norwich thread on 18:16 - Nov 25 by supahoopsa

Glad I'm not the only one who is seriously fed-up with our corners. We had more today than I can remember for a long time, but not one of them caused Norwich a problem. Willocks ridiculous corner to the edge of the 18 yard box straight to a Norwich player and Paal constantly unable to beat the first man and as for the last corner he took, straight to the first man, back to Paal who then did the complete opposite and hit a dreadful over hit cross over the heads of everyone and straight out for a goal kick.

I'm the first to agree that we need better strikers, but we could have Haaland and Salah playing up front and they'd have no idea whether a cross was going to actually be played and if it was, absolutely no idea where it was going to go

We need to get the BASICS right

Created a bit of havoc with a basic chip into the far post from a free kick that led to a corner. Chair then uses that corner to try and set Willock up for a one in a million Paul Scholes volley rather than just put the thing somewhere near the penalty spot. A simple game complicated by idiots sometimes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024