Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fury v usyk , here we go 17:48 - May 13 with 9845 viewsthemodfather

the furore at todays press call, with tyson;s dad getting stuck in has livened it up, i think uysk is a a top fighter but Dubois nearly done him, low blow?? anyway i am going for FURY WIN IN 6,. fury looks very lean and has a great jab, long reach ( yep he does get caught and has been down) but when focussed does the job.
fury v usyk , here we go on 14:32 - May 19 with 1913 viewsthemodfather

good fight, fury had strong rounds 5-6 and i thought, yes this could be it, uysk cut, rattled and his feet stopped being quick, then after a quiet 7th uysk turned it around and nearly ko'd fury, that bloody ref? fury was gone, nearly down and usyk was going to end it, now ref stops fight or not, fury was defenceless. thereafter if fury got any decision there would have been uproar. right man won. fury did not do enough early on .
usyk now the only heavyweight in history to hold 4 or more unified belts so IS HE THE GREATEST? definitely in this era. nice fella too.
dire atmosphere though.
fury v usyk , here we go on 16:03 - May 19 with 1777 viewsBluce_Ree

Fights of that magnitude need to be on Vegas or at MSG.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

fury v usyk , here we go on 16:31 - May 19 with 1723 viewsstowmarketrange

fury v usyk , here we go on 16:03 - May 19 by Bluce_Ree

Fights of that magnitude need to be on Vegas or at MSG.

Like the rumble in the jungle,or the thriller in Manila?
fury v usyk , here we go on 16:43 - May 19 with 1678 viewsBluce_Ree

fury v usyk , here we go on 16:31 - May 19 by stowmarketrange

Like the rumble in the jungle,or the thriller in Manila?

Point taken. What I mean is go somewhere with a crowd that's there for the love of the sport and not just there because they're rich and bored.

fury v usyk , here we go on 16:43 - May 19 with 1679 viewssdm1508

I sometimes think Fury looks a sloppy puncher. So many lunches looked like slaps more than punches. I did this k he size would play more of a part though. Out of all the bigger heavyweights Fury is one of, if not most skilled. Joshua etc big punchers but not skilled boxers. Fury could defeat you with tactics and skill. I am not sure if Fury is actually the best at taking a shot despite what he did against Wilder. Usyks punches and what they were doing to Fury seem to occupy Fury's mins too much at times. Fury was at his best when he remembered he was the bigger fighter and was bullying Usky and fighting with confidence.

Usyk is a freak if nature. He has now put away two of the biggest in Fury and Joshua. I do wonder how he would fight against someone who has the size of both Fury and Joshua but also has Joshua's power and Furya boxing skill. Is there such a boxer out there
fury v usyk , here we go on 16:44 - May 19 with 1677 viewsthame_hoops

Not a big boxing fan, but I’ll watch the big matches. What are your guys opinions on the Mike Tyson verse fight versus that YouTuber? Surely Iron Mike should win it faily easily despite his age?
fury v usyk , here we go on 16:53 - May 19 with 1663 viewsstowmarketrange

fury v usyk , here we go on 16:43 - May 19 by Bluce_Ree

Point taken. What I mean is go somewhere with a crowd that's there for the love of the sport and not just there because they're rich and bored.

I can’t comment on the atmosphere at the fight because I was unlucky enough to listen to it on talksport.I will wait until it’s free on Sky before watching it,but money talks loudly in boxing,so the promoters go for the place offering the most.But they have done for the last 50 years or so.
fury v usyk , here we go on 16:56 - May 19 with 1644 viewsAntti_Heinola

A very convenient result for the rematch. Great spectacle, two great fighters, but the sport is bent as a corner.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

fury v usyk , here we go on 17:53 - May 19 with 1583 viewsMatch82

fury v usyk , here we go on 00:57 - May 19 by mart_Goblin

That second judge should be thrown out for giving the fight to Fury. He won 3 rounds , 4 at an absolute push. The ref stepping in in round 9 was outrageous too.
Disgrace

And the comments after about Usyk winning because Ukraine are at war were shameful, embarrassing and reason why I, and many others were shouting for Usyk and have been for weeks .

The best man , in every way, won.

I'd imagine 2 of the judges are told in advance you vote for fury, you vote for usyk. That way we get a little more controversy and a more likely rematch.
fury v usyk , here we go on 19:17 - May 19 with 1498 viewsdaveB

fury v usyk , here we go on 16:56 - May 19 by Antti_Heinola

A very convenient result for the rematch. Great spectacle, two great fighters, but the sport is bent as a corner.

It was a pretty fair result though, Usyk clearly won

After all the talk from Fury about Usyk being a middleweight and the mocking of AJ when he lost to him, it was a pretty humiliating night for Fury to get put on his arse by him
fury v usyk , here we go on 19:40 - May 19 with 1464 viewsbosh67

fury v usyk , here we go on 16:56 - May 19 by Antti_Heinola

I think in the end Usyk won it pretty comfortably but not perhaps as comfortably as some people thought. He was a worthy winner though.
[Post edited 21 May 12:27]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

fury v usyk , here we go on 19:49 - May 19 with 1438 viewsBluce_Ree

fury v usyk , here we go on 16:44 - May 19 by thame_hoops

Not a big boxing fan, but I’ll watch the big matches. What are your guys opinions on the Mike Tyson verse fight versus that YouTuber? Surely Iron Mike should win it faily easily despite his age?

Jake Paul - who above anything else is a crypto scamming c**t - looks fat at the moment but he's a big boy for sure and Tyson was never the biggest heavyweight. The age difference is like 30 years, which is a worry.

As an MMA fan, I've watched a few Jake Paul fights as he's been demolishing past their prime UFC fighters along the way. So far he's been a very mediocre boxer with not much apparent skill. You won't see many combos, any clever footwork or many faints from him. But he can go the distance and seems to have legit power in his right hand.

But he did lose to Tommy Fury and that's concerning for him as Tommy Fury is F**KING SHIT.

But Tyson wasn't exactly pulling up trees when he stopped fighting twenty years ago. So I can't expect much from him now. Especially as he was apparently walking with a stick a year ago. He looks fierce in training footage but that's easy to do if the camera is only rolling for a few seconds.

I expect it to be an absolute dogshit fight with one guy who's far too old and one guy who's far too shit just clinging onto each other to a meaningless decision.

fury v usyk , here we go on 19:50 - May 19 with 1439 viewsAntti_Heinola

fury v usyk , here we go on 19:40 - May 19 by bosh67

I think in the end Usyk won it pretty comfortably but not perhaps as comfortably as some people thought. He was a worthy winner though.
[Post edited 21 May 12:27]

Not arguing with the result. Just suspect it would always be a close points decision facilitating an inevitable rematch.

Bare bones.

fury v usyk , here we go on 20:53 - May 19 with 1387 viewsCLAREMAN1995

fury v usyk , here we go on 12:12 - May 19 by daveB

It was a really good fight, thought Usyk won by about 4 rounds, any other fight the ref stops it in the 9th, he was gone at that point, God knows what the ref saw who gave it to Fury

It was similar to the second fight he had with AJ, afterwards Joshua was adamant he won and his corner were giving him wrong information throughout but he wasn't winning the tight rounds and rounds 8-10 Usyk just blew him away

If they have a rematch UI think Fury will win but wouldn't be shocked if Usyk decides to retire now at the very top

Just a question on your first point Dave .Fury was gone completly and only for the extra padding in the corner would have crashed down and out brutally hard IMO.
That means the ref has to stop it to prevent any further damage to a defenseless fighter but instead he let it go and then the bell sounded. If there was another 30 seconds left Usyk would have delivered more punishing blows to kill it off completly .
I think the ref did not protect the fighter in his vunerable state and that is unacceptable with the head injuries all over every sport .
fury v usyk , here we go on 21:18 - May 19 with 1349 viewsitsbiga

fury v usyk , here we go on 20:53 - May 19 by CLAREMAN1995

Just a question on your first point Dave .Fury was gone completly and only for the extra padding in the corner would have crashed down and out brutally hard IMO.
That means the ref has to stop it to prevent any further damage to a defenseless fighter but instead he let it go and then the bell sounded. If there was another 30 seconds left Usyk would have delivered more punishing blows to kill it off completly .
I think the ref did not protect the fighter in his vunerable state and that is unacceptable with the head injuries all over every sport .

Probably would have been a stoppage in anormal fight.
A unified undisputed heavyweight fight of this importance needed to go on decisively.
He was held up by the ropes so needed a count by the rules.
Def saved by the bell.
[Post edited 19 May 21:20]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

fury v usyk , here we go on 07:46 - May 20 with 1135 viewsdaveB

yeah I agree he should have stopped it but I think the time left in the round and how big the fight was had an influence and he gave him a standing count instead, doesn't make it right but ca see why the referee did that and Fury did recover to last 3 more rounds and looked fine by the end
fury v usyk , here we go on 08:50 - May 20 with 1084 viewsPlanetHonneywood

fury v usyk , here we go on 16:43 - May 19 by Bluce_Ree

Yeah, because the Marcos government didn't use the TIM for sportswashing and for the entertainment of the 40 rich families that own the country.

I used to live in Manila and the shenanigans tgat went on around the hosting of the fight were stunning. I went out to the venue...it's now the Muhammed Ali shopping mall!

I think the RITJ was an even worse case of sportswashing mixed with the arrival of Don King. Great film a few years back, 'When we were Kings' which is well worth a watch.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

fury v usyk , here we go on 12:25 - May 21 with 890 viewsrichpr

Mike Tyson in his prime would have beaten either of them within 3 rounds. If Usyk is the best around it just goes to show what a sorry state world heavy weight boxing is in. Usyk has no flair, he is just a bit of a machine in the art of not losing.

Within 3 minutes of losing, slimy Warren and Fury were promoting the rematch. They couldn't even be bothered to make it look as if it wasn't pre-arranged.

If you want to watch a proper fight then watch Frazer Clarke v Fabio Walder - best fight of this century so far.
fury v usyk , here we go on 12:28 - May 21 with 882 viewsrichpr

Clarke v Wardley...

fury v usyk , here we go on 12:33 - May 21 with 875 viewsbosh67

fury v usyk , here we go on 12:25 - May 21 by richpr

Mike Tyson in his prime would have beaten either of them within 3 rounds. If Usyk is the best around it just goes to show what a sorry state world heavy weight boxing is in. Usyk has no flair, he is just a bit of a machine in the art of not losing.

Within 3 minutes of losing, slimy Warren and Fury were promoting the rematch. They couldn't even be bothered to make it look as if it wasn't pre-arranged.

If you want to watch a proper fight then watch Frazer Clarke v Fabio Walder - best fight of this century so far.

I tend to agree that a prime Tyson would have taken both out but I think Usyk is a better fighter than you give him credit for. Even Tyson would have found his relentless front foot attack style a problem to deal with. Plus Tyson wasn't great in the deeper rounds and Usyk just seems to get better and stronger as fights go on.

I think in a rematch that Fury needs to stop clowning around. He also needs to not be forced into the corners, which is basically how Usyk wore him down.

I agree on Frazer Clarke v Fabio Walder. That was a genuine toe to toe war.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

fury v usyk , here we go on 13:00 - May 21 with 831 viewsmikeygunn

fury v usyk , here we go on 12:25 - May 21 by richpr

It was a 2 fight contract so always going to be a rematch. And disagree massively about Usyk. He’s absolutely brilliant.Undisputed in 2 weight classes, an Olympic gold medal and he’s so clever in the ring. On top of that, he’s a class act outside the ring.
fury v usyk , here we go on 21:28 - May 21 with 669 viewsSuperhoops2808

Would have been a brave man to stop that fight bearing in mind the importance of the fight

Look at Michael Masi when he bent the rules in the F1 to create a spectacle. He and his family are still living under the fear of death threats etc because of his stupid decision.
fury v usyk , here we go on 09:47 - May 22 with 519 viewsrichpr

fury v usyk , here we go on 13:00 - May 21 by mikeygunn

It was a 2 fight contract so always going to be a rematch. And disagree massively about Usyk. He’s absolutely brilliant.Undisputed in 2 weight classes, an Olympic gold medal and he’s so clever in the ring. On top of that, he’s a class act outside the ring.

Not disputing that Usyk is the best around at this moment in time but the opposition is not the best. The powers that be have picked about 6 boxers and have arranged a merrygo round of fights between them. Next is the rematch fury v usyk, then it will be a big pay day fury v Joshua. Usyk will probably be allowed to beat Wilder etc etc.

Not many wanted a rematch with Mike Tyson.

4 or 5 years ago Fury was at the top of his game but he is way off the pace now. Watching him walk out of the ring with his flab wobbling over his underpants was IMO a bit embarrassing.

A bit like the Premier league
fury v usyk , here we go on 12:22 - May 23 with 329 viewsbosh67

Shows how much of the hype and build up to these fights is staged. Very nice moment of respect between the fighters at the end.

Never knowingly right.

fury v usyk , here we go on 17:57 - May 23 with 249 viewsstowmarketrange

I just watched the whole fight for free this afternoon,and I’d say the judge who thought that Fury won the fight either had crap in his eyes,or was taking a bribe.
I think the best Fury could claim in the last 6 rounds was a draw in the 7th and 12th rounds.I’d like to see his scorecard to see how he thought Fury won 3 more rounds than Usyk,considering the 10-8 9th round.
Anything to ensure that there’s a rematch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024