Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home 15:29 - Nov 11 with 4675 viewsfreddieeddie

Over the last few years I have become detached from QPR which is very unlike me. No way would I have gone another game this season. If Holloway comes back, I will be looking at going lots of games, that says it all.

I all I want is my team to play with passion, real passion though. Great to have a manager that loves the club and also shows so much character.

As I have stated many times I don't care what league we are in, what results we get (obviously more wins the better), as long as we BATTLE, ATTACK & have a TOGETHERNESS. I think Ollie will bring all of that to the table.

As someone else said, no one could say it would work out with Klopp, Mourinho or anyone else so lets get our real leader back. Nice that he played with Les before so they have that connection. I can imagine Ollie and TF getting on great also.

Good days ahead.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 15:36 - Nov 11 with 4093 viewsBoston

Hope so, never his greatest fan but right now he's going to get my full approval....until Christmas anyway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 15:56 - Nov 11 with 3994 viewsfreddieeddie

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 15:36 - Nov 11 by Boston

Hope so, never his greatest fan but right now he's going to get my full approval....until Christmas anyway.

Well I have to confess to always being a huge Ollie fan. Would never have let him go and then the same for Warnock. Two cracking managers for us and two we should have kept. Proper managers.

I hate it when people say they are not tactical enough for the premiership. We are a very small club and if we do go back up at some stage will struggle for a good few years. Stick with managers like that. I'm over the moon anyway.

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 16:13 - Nov 11 with 3920 viewsTrom

Like the man but not sure about this at all.

Lots of passion to be expected but tactics I'm not so sure about. One thing for sure we will see if the current teams issues are about a lack of player motivation or a lack of skill and tactics.

If it's the latter then I'm not sure Olly is the man to appoint. I remember a fair number of games where I knew we'd lost before kick off under Olly. In fact anytime Matt Rose was in midfield my heart sunk and as far as I remember I was never proved wrong (home at least).

Also he looked a shadow of his former self at Millwall - looked like his spirits and fight had been broken.

Anyway I'll give him time if he's appointed and hope that my concerns are ill founded.
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 16:23 - Nov 11 with 3863 viewsdavman

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 16:13 - Nov 11 by Trom

Lots of passion to be expected but tactics I'm not so sure about. One thing for sure we will see if the current teams issues are about a lack of player motivation or a lack of skill and tactics.

If it's the latter then I'm not sure Olly is the man to appoint. I remember a fair number of games where I knew we'd lost before kick off under Olly. In fact anytime Matt Rose was in midfield my heart sunk and as far as I remember I was never proved wrong (home at least).

Also he looked a shadow of his former self at Millwall - looked like his spirits and fight had been broken.

Anyway I'll give him time if he's appointed and hope that my concerns are ill founded.

The thing is, last time round he joined us, it really appeared as though the end was nigh. Administration, relegation to the third tier and the theft of our two best (and only) saleable assets in Crouch and Darlington.

Depression was rife; we had hit rock bottom. No-one would have wanted the job; Gerry had enough before relegation was confirmed and we all feared for the future of the club.

Falling crowds, failing team with a real chance of free falling through the league structure and with only SEVEN playing professionals on the books.

OK, it took three seasons, but he turned it round from there, steadily improving each season, building an atmosphere on and off the pitch like nothing else.

Its different now. We are not quite at our lowest ebb (although it doesn't feel too different to me if I am being honest) and there are far too many high expectations in and around the club. People want something. So, signing someone like Georges Santos (a folk hero of mine...) will not go down now like it did then - a great value comedy signing.

Olly best get a few wins under his belt sooner rather than later and I hope that he does himself proud...

Good Luck to two QPR Legends!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 16:38 - Nov 11 with 3787 viewsToast_R

I can't help but think has got disaster written all over it.

The fans will be expecting a upturn in results immediately, we won't get it and we'll carry on bobbing along like we have been mid table with no signs of progression.

He'll be getting bile and boos spat in his direction before March IMO and this is what he'll be remembered for. It'll be a great shame.

Heart ruling heads rarely ends well.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 16:39]
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 16:47 - Nov 11 with 3742 viewsHantsR

If true, it sounds like one might er ... let's put it in gentleman's terms, "if you’ve been out for a night and you’re looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they’re good looking and some weeks they’re not the best. Today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren’t the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let’s have a coffee”
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 17:01 - Nov 11 with 3680 viewsfreddieeddie

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 16:13 - Nov 11 by Trom

In fairness thats always been the case at QPR. Lately seeing Hasselbainks line ups my heart sinks. Hate playing one up front, my heart sinks. Years ago away to any northern team in the cold I knew we'd lose. That's just life.

All my years loving QPR my best memory is still in Division one, some crappy home game, with Ainsworth flying in like a nutter with Bircham, Rowlands, Cook and Gallen all around him. S*** game but I just loved it.

I love a bit of long ball also so Ollie for me everyday.

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 17:11 - Nov 11 with 3629 viewsWestbourneR

Love Ollie but this is clearly a mistake. Never go back. Another wasted appointment.

Starting to realise that judgement on managers the most important asset a DoF or Chairman can have.

Can we just see Southampton's shortlist and be done with it?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 17:12 - Nov 11 with 3627 viewsloftboy

Love the bloke (in a manly way) hopefully he will have seen what we have all seen in shopido and plays with two wingers and two strikers, for Lee cook, Furlong and Gallen see sylla/Polter and shopido, happy days.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 17:26 - Nov 11 with 3548 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 16:23 - Nov 11 by davman

The thing is, last time round he joined us, it really appeared as though the end was nigh. Administration, relegation to the third tier and the theft of our two best (and only) saleable assets in Crouch and Darlington.

Depression was rife; we had hit rock bottom. No-one would have wanted the job; Gerry had enough before relegation was confirmed and we all feared for the future of the club.

Falling crowds, failing team with a real chance of free falling through the league structure and with only SEVEN playing professionals on the books.

OK, it took three seasons, but he turned it round from there, steadily improving each season, building an atmosphere on and off the pitch like nothing else.

Its different now. We are not quite at our lowest ebb (although it doesn't feel too different to me if I am being honest) and there are far too many high expectations in and around the club. People want something. So, signing someone like Georges Santos (a folk hero of mine...) will not go down now like it did then - a great value comedy signing.

Olly best get a few wins under his belt sooner rather than later and I hope that he does himself proud...

Good Luck to two QPR Legends!

dav, are you serious it doesn't feel too different?

The club was this close to going out of existence, the season he took over was absolutely, positively dire. Newcastle beating us 6-0 the other week was bad, but anyone who was at the Wimbledon drubbing will tell you that was far, far worse. At least Newcastle had a really good team. The club was on its knees.

We're mid table. The football has been a bit dull. This is what it is like for most clubs most seasons! I know it feels bad, but bloody hell it is light years away from where we were then.

Bare bones.

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 17:41 - Nov 11 with 3499 viewsNorthernr

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 17:26 - Nov 11 by Antti_Heinola

The club was this close to going out of existence, the season he took over was absolutely, positively dire. Newcastle beating us 6-0 the other week was bad, but anyone who was at the Wimbledon drubbing will tell you that was far, far worse. At least Newcastle had a really good team. The club was on its knees.

We're mid table. The football has been a bit dull. This is what it is like for most clubs most seasons! I know it feels bad, but bloody hell it is light years away from where we were then.

We lost 5-0 at Wimbledon, 5-0 at Preston, 4-2 at Barnsley, 5-2 at Sheff Wed that season then released the entire squad and went into administration at the end of it. This is a fcking paradise by comparison. That performance at Sheff Wed, against a really dreadful Sheff Wed side, never gets mentioned but was about as bad as it gets. We only got two because Crouch decided to stop laying it off to the other tossers and do it all himself.
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 17:49 - Nov 11 with 3443 viewsparker64

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 17:41 - Nov 11 by Northernr

We lost 5-0 at Wimbledon, 5-0 at Preston, 4-2 at Barnsley, 5-2 at Sheff Wed that season then released the entire squad and went into administration at the end of it. This is a fcking paradise by comparison. That performance at Sheff Wed, against a really dreadful Sheff Wed side, never gets mentioned but was about as bad as it gets. We only got two because Crouch decided to stop laying it off to the other tossers and do it all himself.

Never forget the 5-0 at Wimbledon, the team coming out for the second half in dribs and drabs as Wimbledon had Steptoe and Son blaring out over the tannoy.
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 18:11 - Nov 11 with 3357 viewsstevenagehoop

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 17:26 - Nov 11 by Antti_Heinola

Annti he says " it's different now"

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 18:13 - Nov 11 with 3353 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Agreed!

The knives will be out if we concede and if we're not top by eight points at Christmas, he'll simply have to go.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 18:18 - Nov 11 with 3334 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 18:11 - Nov 11 by stevenagehoop

Annti he says " it's different now"

yeah, then: although it doesn't feel too different to me if I am being honest

wasn't having a dig at him, but that viewpoint seems to be reasonably common on here and at times on the QPR podcast as well, as if this is like the worst thing they've ever seen.

Said before, until last season i think we had 5 or 6 seasons where every game was vital because we were either going up or down. Fans have become quite used to that, and now we're mid-table for a bit, a few have gone overboard. In my opinion. But, as I said, this is life for most clubs. What six year period was, as Al Murray would say, 'not normal'.

Bare bones.

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 18:40 - Nov 11 with 3241 viewskropotkin41

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 18:50 - Nov 11 with 3187 viewsRangersw12

I'm not going to let the miserable fckers ruin this for me

I can't think of anyone better managing us at the moment than Ollie . A person who loves the club and will do everything in his power to make us a success

Can't wait for the next game and haven't said that for a while .

Holloway's blue & white army
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 18:50 - Nov 11 with 3183 viewsPinnerPaul

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 18:40 - Nov 11 by kropotkin41

won't play?
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 19:03 - Nov 11 with 3108 viewsBAWHoops

Watch his 20 minute interview on Player, then come back on here and tell me you aren't buzzing to go to Loftus Road on Saturday

Best I've felt about the club in years and years

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 19:12 - Nov 11 with 3055 viewsfreddieeddie

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 19:03 - Nov 11 by BAWHoops

Watch his 20 minute interview on Player, then come back on here and tell me you aren't buzzing to go to Loftus Road on Saturday

Best I've felt about the club in years and years

Can't see the interview but feel the same just looking at the pictures on the official. Love the bloke and nice seeing him with Les and Sinton.

So glad about this. Just hope everyone sticks by him throughout the tough times also.

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 19:15 - Nov 11 with 3034 viewsloftus77

First, welcome back Ian Holloway — a legend at Rangers, no doubt.

But for me, SOOOO much about whether Olly will be a success depends on the extent to which JFH had actually lost the dressing room.

That is something as fans we will never know for sure. But, ironically, the performance at Forest “worried” me in how good it was, partic second half. Fulham, Cardiff and Wigan away were all similar - were these performances of a team desperate to get rid of a manager?

|If they were, then the “emotional fella” (Stress Test 2004) that is Olly might be a tonic (and well done to the club). — but if the team were still buying into JFH then this change, while loved by the fans, could destabilise the ship further.

Let’s have coffee and bring it all on.
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 19:16 - Nov 11 with 3036 viewsdavman

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 18:18 - Nov 11 by Antti_Heinola

yeah, then: although it doesn't feel too different to me if I am being honest

wasn't having a dig at him, but that viewpoint seems to be reasonably common on here and at times on the QPR podcast as well, as if this is like the worst thing they've ever seen.

Said before, until last season i think we had 5 or 6 seasons where every game was vital because we were either going up or down. Fans have become quite used to that, and now we're mid-table for a bit, a few have gone overboard. In my opinion. But, as I said, this is life for most clubs. What six year period was, as Al Murray would say, 'not normal'.

Thanks for clearing that up, Bob!

Antti, the bit in brackets is a little insight to my pessimistic nature (I don't even have a glass let alone a half full one) and was a little aside. My point is that times they have changed and Olly is coming to a club much less punch drunk than then and with many fans with a false sense of entitlement, neither of which will buy him too much time if the going gets tough.

As Clive says, that season we went down was the nadir that was coming slowly ever since we got relegated from the Prem. It was a desperate time...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 19:17 - Nov 11 with 3026 viewskensalriser

I'm in a good mood today so I'll give him until New Year's Day. Of course, I reserve the right to change that as soon as he loses a game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 19:24 - Nov 11 with 2985 viewsToast_R

The Wimbledon game was possibly the most depressing performance I've ever sat through. The Steptoe music summed up that team perfectly. Useless.
Funnily enough my first ever QPR game was against Wimbledon in 1990 at Plough Lane and they put in another of those performances then too. Just the 3-0 that time.
Fantastic news that Olly is coming home on 19:53 - Nov 11 with 2936 viewsRangersDave

You know what?

I don't care!

All I know is that for the first time this season I have a smile on my face when thinking about QPR.

That in itself is a great feeling. Welcome back Olly.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024