Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kakay- Centre Half today? 17:52 - Apr 5 with 4757 viewsextratimeR

Just wondering, looking at the utter shambles in midfield and at Centre back today, ( not Fields fault, Warbs shouldn't have tampered with defence and midfield at the same time) surely it would have been much easier to put Kakay in at Centre back.
When he has had to play their before, Fulham Home etc he has been superb.

It was painfully obvious after five minutes that something was horribly wrong in midfield.

Fair do's to Forest, they were good, and Dieng stopped three certain goals before half-time, (not counting Barbet's intervention), and Houghton is now sorting them out, they should be a handful next season.

Pleased for Dykes, I think we will get their with Willock , Dykes and please God Charlie, but some tough decisions ahead about some of our players before next season.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:15 - Apr 5 with 2592 viewsfrancisbowles

Utter shambles is a bit strong. Our passing was off, not only in midfield but Ball was the worst offender. Forest were well organised and most of the time we couldn't draw them out. When we did the final ball wasn't good enough.

Just a bad day. Hope De Wijs is fit for Saturday and if not then Cameron. Field was ok but unsurprisingly it wasn't as fluid as before. I guess that it was MW trying to choose what he believed would be the best option. Can't get every decision right. It could possibly have been worse if Ball had gone in at cb or rb.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:15 - Apr 5 with 2591 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Up until the first goal it wasn't going too bad. It was clear after 5 mins that this was a much greater challenge than Coventry but we were going ok.

It felt like we needed a change after half time but Warburton seemed to think this was one of those games where a better version of plan A was needed rather than a plan B.

Indeed Forest won the game with a better version of their plan A in the second half.

As soon as that first goal went in you felt it wasn't going to be our day.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:49 - Apr 5 with 2432 viewsSuperhoops2808

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:15 - Apr 5 by francisbowles

Utter shambles is a bit strong. Our passing was off, not only in midfield but Ball was the worst offender. Forest were well organised and most of the time we couldn't draw them out. When we did the final ball wasn't good enough.

Just a bad day. Hope De Wijs is fit for Saturday and if not then Cameron. Field was ok but unsurprisingly it wasn't as fluid as before. I guess that it was MW trying to choose what he believed would be the best option. Can't get every decision right. It could possibly have been worse if Ball had gone in at cb or rb.

I agree with this... Surely now is the time to tinker with formations and line ups. We're safe, and not going up (anyone who thought we were before the game was mad) so lets see what occurs with some tweaks here and there

Agreed, a bad day at the office
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:03 - Apr 5 with 2378 viewsbosh67

Watching Warburton’s post match interview he said that he didn’t have Jordy or Geoff available so he went with Field as he had played CB at WBA. It was obvious that he had to patch things up today. He made no excuses. We weren’t very good and Forest deserved to win. Hopefully he gets both Jordy and Geoff back next game and we revert to a more familiar set up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:21 - Apr 5 with 2282 viewsMatch82

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:15 - Apr 5 by francisbowles

Watched the second half with sound off, but in the first half Sinton and London seemed to be quite critical of Ball, which is rare for them when it comes to one of our players. Sometimes I wonder if listening to the way they talk about the players gives a hint to whats happening behind the scenes, I remember watching a pre season game when they would not stop talking about how Great Dieng was even for relatively routine stuff and look how that turned out
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:22 - Apr 5 with 2278 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane is the interesting part of all this. While I like the idea of Albert as a sub at rwb, I'm not sure he could be started there, and certainly not as a rb in a flat back four. Which means Kakay had to go there in the starting eleven.

Kane was on the bench on Friday, and I can only think of two reasons that he was not today: he became injured or ill in the interim or it's linked to the video somehow. Either way he was missed today because, as Karl pointed out in the Fred, Forest concentrated on Wallace and gave us our right wing where Kane would surely have caused more damage than Kakay.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:29 - Apr 5 with 2245 viewsdmm

Ball has actually played more games at CB than Field and I was surprised Field and not Ball was asked to play at CB.

So I think the OP has a point. If Kakay had played RCB, with Kane out of the match day squad, Thomas could have filled in at RWB. That would have allowed Field and Johansen to have continued their excellent work together in CM.

Ball was very under par today but, to be fair, he's not usually as bad.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 19:30]
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:35 - Apr 5 with 2216 viewsstevec

Feels like we’ve got a core of 10 good players. A lot better than we’ve had in a while but it does require them performing week in and week out, if that doesn’t happen you look to the bench and there aren’t any potential messiahs waiting in the wings.
Login to get fewer ads

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:41 - Apr 5 with 2175 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:35 - Apr 5 by stevec

Feels like we’ve got a core of 10 good players. A lot better than we’ve had in a while but it does require them performing week in and week out, if that doesn’t happen you look to the bench and there aren’t any potential messiahs waiting in the wings.

Well, I thought Adomah and Dykes were better than any of the starting players but I think your point is bang on. Forest's bench today was slightly frightening compared to ours.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:49 - Apr 5 with 2141 viewsOldPedro

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:22 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Kane is the interesting part of all this. While I like the idea of Albert as a sub at rwb, I'm not sure he could be started there, and certainly not as a rb in a flat back four. Which means Kakay had to go there in the starting eleven.

Kane was on the bench on Friday, and I can only think of two reasons that he was not today: he became injured or ill in the interim or it's linked to the video somehow. Either way he was missed today because, as Karl pointed out in the Fred, Forest concentrated on Wallace and gave us our right wing where Kane would surely have caused more damage than Kakay.

Agree with Brian's point about Kane - has he been on the pitch since his interview ? Kakay had done ok as a centreback in a three previously, so would have expected him to move into the three, with Kane at RWB which would have allowed Field and JoJo to maintain their midfield partnership

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:51 - Apr 5 with 2132 viewsextratimeR

Yes, agree if Dewijs had been available things might have been very different.

Yes, the Kane point from Brian is a good question, is their a selection problem because of the interview?
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 09:51 - Apr 6 with 1702 viewsdaveB

The big problem we faced was that Forest sat deep and blocked off our space to play in so we lost the option of a quick cross field pass or a one two to get on on them we were having to go sideways and as soon as we made a mistake they pounced. Thought Hughton's gameplan worked superbly against us, was similar whenever we played Brighton his teams leave you with nowhere to go and eventually you get frustrated and they take control of the game
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:03 - Apr 6 with 1669 viewsnix

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:49 - Apr 5 by OldPedro

Agree with Brian's point about Kane - has he been on the pitch since his interview ? Kakay had done ok as a centreback in a three previously, so would have expected him to move into the three, with Kane at RWB which would have allowed Field and JoJo to maintain their midfield partnership

Do you think clubs actually start talking about moving players on before the transfer window opens? From another interview with Kane, where he said he had told the coaching team he thought he should be first choice and that he wanted (expected?) to play regularly, he may want to move on.

Personally I think it would be best all round. While he's had a few great moments this season, he hasn't been an unqualified success. I just don't think he's good enough to be guaranteed a place on the starting sheet every week. He's not exactly Rob Dickie, or even Barbet. If that's what he wants, and he'll be frustrated if he doesn't get it, I'd prefer him to move.

I honestly think that Kakay could be at least as good as Kane, given another season in the Championship and he's both younger, and I should imagine, cheaper than him.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:23 - Apr 6 with 1635 viewsTacticalR

It looks as though Kakay likes to get forward. At the back some of the things he does (e.g. poor clearances) make me nervous. Hopefully he will improve.

Air hostess clique

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:27 - Apr 6 with 1624 viewsMyke

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:03 - Apr 6 by nix

Do you think clubs actually start talking about moving players on before the transfer window opens? From another interview with Kane, where he said he had told the coaching team he thought he should be first choice and that he wanted (expected?) to play regularly, he may want to move on.

Personally I think it would be best all round. While he's had a few great moments this season, he hasn't been an unqualified success. I just don't think he's good enough to be guaranteed a place on the starting sheet every week. He's not exactly Rob Dickie, or even Barbet. If that's what he wants, and he'll be frustrated if he doesn't get it, I'd prefer him to move.

I honestly think that Kakay could be at least as good as Kane, given another season in the Championship and he's both younger, and I should imagine, cheaper than him.

While I agree that Kakay is much more inexperienced than Kane and therefore has more room for improvement, imo Kane is a far better wing back than Kakay at this time and I would have no problem with him being a regular starter next season, although that seems very unlikely now. Kane has been excellent since Christmas and was our main supplier of crosses until Wallace eventually got on his bike. Kane was superb against Watford and I believe he could have damaged Forest with all the space he would have had in front of him. Of course some of his crossing was dire, but that was sort of pounced upon here (especially v Fulham in the cup) and I felt it was a bit of an over-reaction. Probably all academic now anyway, but I am not at all convinced that Kakay is his natural successor and I think we need to look at this next season. I don't think Adomah or Thomas should be seriously considered as long term prospects any more than BOS or Willock would be on the other side. For me, that position is a wing BACK, not a WING back.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:32 - Apr 6 with 1610 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:49 - Apr 5 by OldPedro

He came on against Reading for the last few minutes.
I'd be a bit worried if we are bombing him out due to that interview whilst we have no issues with Austin saying what he likes.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 11:07 - Apr 6 with 1561 viewsnix

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:27 - Apr 6 by Myke

While I agree that Kakay is much more inexperienced than Kane and therefore has more room for improvement, imo Kane is a far better wing back than Kakay at this time and I would have no problem with him being a regular starter next season, although that seems very unlikely now. Kane has been excellent since Christmas and was our main supplier of crosses until Wallace eventually got on his bike. Kane was superb against Watford and I believe he could have damaged Forest with all the space he would have had in front of him. Of course some of his crossing was dire, but that was sort of pounced upon here (especially v Fulham in the cup) and I felt it was a bit of an over-reaction. Probably all academic now anyway, but I am not at all convinced that Kakay is his natural successor and I think we need to look at this next season. I don't think Adomah or Thomas should be seriously considered as long term prospects any more than BOS or Willock would be on the other side. For me, that position is a wing BACK, not a WING back.

I'm not sure you can compare Kakay against Forest with Kane against Watford. Kane was given a ridiculous amount of space in that game and I remember saying during the match they'd got their tactics completely wrong against us. Forest on the other hand gave us almost no space or time on the ball past the halfway line, hence our possession stats being good even though we gave the ball away a lot, because we were only allowed to play freely in our own half. Kane's good crossing tends to be against the sides that give him space and time, otherwise he hits the defender in front of him or the first defender in the box.

Many people didn't think Furlong would make it either at 23, but he's doing pretty well in the Premiership atm. Not saying Kakay will reach that level, but I'd like to give him a bit more time. He's got a lot of time to develop and he's not even played a full Championship season yet.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 11:16]
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 11:29 - Apr 6 with 1536 viewsMyke

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:32 - Apr 6 by daveB

I'd be a bit worried if we are bombing him out due to that interview whilst we have no issues with Austin saying what he likes.

Probably a clear enough indication that the club don't expect him to be here next season, so no need to take action. Besides, dropping Chaz - twitter would go into meltdown!!
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 11:35 - Apr 6 with 1531 viewsMyke

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 11:07 - Apr 6 by nix

I'm not sure you can compare Kakay against Forest with Kane against Watford. Kane was given a ridiculous amount of space in that game and I remember saying during the match they'd got their tactics completely wrong against us. Forest on the other hand gave us almost no space or time on the ball past the halfway line, hence our possession stats being good even though we gave the ball away a lot, because we were only allowed to play freely in our own half. Kane's good crossing tends to be against the sides that give him space and time, otherwise he hits the defender in front of him or the first defender in the box.

Many people didn't think Furlong would make it either at 23, but he's doing pretty well in the Premiership atm. Not saying Kakay will reach that level, but I'd like to give him a bit more time. He's got a lot of time to develop and he's not even played a full Championship season yet.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 11:16]

I think there was more space down our right as Forest seemed to focus more offensively on our left - Hughton had obviously done his homework on Wallaces recent form. But I agree 100% that Kakay has plenty of development time ahead of him yet and I think will at the very least develop into a decent squad player. But I don't think he is ready to be our regular wing back next season and if Kane is on his way, we need to be looking at another right-sided defender
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 11:37 - Apr 6 with 1526 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 10:32 - Apr 6 by daveB

I've never heard Charlie Austin do anything but give praise and credit where its due. Todd Kane, on the other hand, clearly has an overinflated opinion of himself and has no issue with showing a complete lack of respect to a team-mate. That alone should guarantee him some sort of internal discipline measure being levied against him, and I think you can be pretty certain that this is what has occurred behind the scenes, as I can't see the Warbler tolerating that sort of stupidity.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 11:48 - Apr 6 with 1500 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 11:37 - Apr 6 by E15Hoop

I've never heard Charlie Austin do anything but give praise and credit where its due. Todd Kane, on the other hand, clearly has an overinflated opinion of himself and has no issue with showing a complete lack of respect to a team-mate. That alone should guarantee him some sort of internal discipline measure being levied against him, and I think you can be pretty certain that this is what has occurred behind the scenes, as I can't see the Warbler tolerating that sort of stupidity.

All he said was that he thinks he's a better player than Kakay, it wasn't that bad and been blown out of all proportion. A daft thing to say but If he said Kakay was better than him that would have been worse imo.

Incredible the stick Kane is getting over an interview most people have only seen 9 seconds of. No focus at all on the death threats he was getting from fans on twitter just an excuse to pile into him even more
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 12:15 - Apr 6 with 1439 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 11:48 - Apr 6 by daveB

All he said was that he thinks he's a better player than Kakay, it wasn't that bad and been blown out of all proportion. A daft thing to say but If he said Kakay was better than him that would have been worse imo.

Incredible the stick Kane is getting over an interview most people have only seen 9 seconds of. No focus at all on the death threats he was getting from fans on twitter just an excuse to pile into him even more

Whilst I am not in the least condoning death threats, I suggest that Mr. Kane would be well advised to reflect on what he might have done to contribute to this state of affairs.

Clearly the club saw something more serious than "simply saying that he's better than a team mate". His whole tone was one of "I'm bigger than the club", and that's simply completely unacceptable in a situation where squad togetherness is paramount.

If you give someone a loaded gun, don't be surprised if someone is stupid enough to fire it at you..
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 12:44 - Apr 6 with 1397 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 12:15 - Apr 6 by E15Hoop

Whilst I am not in the least condoning death threats, I suggest that Mr. Kane would be well advised to reflect on what he might have done to contribute to this state of affairs.

Clearly the club saw something more serious than "simply saying that he's better than a team mate". His whole tone was one of "I'm bigger than the club", and that's simply completely unacceptable in a situation where squad togetherness is paramount.

If you give someone a loaded gun, don't be surprised if someone is stupid enough to fire it at you..

In the interview he said he got some threats last season and some after the red card v Brentford. Being an average right back shouldn't be an excuse for someone to threaten to kill him and his family.

Not sure he ever suggested he was bigger than the club, I must be missing something
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:03 - Apr 6 with 1364 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 12:44 - Apr 6 by daveB

In the interview he said he got some threats last season and some after the red card v Brentford. Being an average right back shouldn't be an excuse for someone to threaten to kill him and his family.

Not sure he ever suggested he was bigger than the club, I must be missing something

I'm not in the least suggesting that his treatment by a section of the Twitterati is anything other than disgusting. However, to me the whole interview piece seemed to him to be an excuse for self-glorification and the context was essentially "I'm doing QPR a massive favour by condescending to play for them, when I should have had a £13.2 million move to Sheffield United". Compounding that by then insulting a team-mate is hardly likely to win friends and influence people.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:38 - Apr 6 with 1314 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:03 - Apr 6 by E15Hoop

I'm not in the least suggesting that his treatment by a section of the Twitterati is anything other than disgusting. However, to me the whole interview piece seemed to him to be an excuse for self-glorification and the context was essentially "I'm doing QPR a massive favour by condescending to play for them, when I should have had a £13.2 million move to Sheffield United". Compounding that by then insulting a team-mate is hardly likely to win friends and influence people.

possibly not going to win friends but I've heard QPR players in the past say far worse and no one seemed to care. I personally didn't think he came across that way in thinking he was better than the club more just someone with a lot of self belief who wanted to show how good he can be.

If a more popular player had made similar comments no one would have said a word about it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024