Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attitude 17:22 - Feb 15 with 4428 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent today. From the off. Very impressive. Defended from the front and got our rewards time and again.

Disappointing to concede the second goal again so close to the first. And we were more open than I'd like early on.

All the same, the reaction to the setback was utterly superb.

Attitude. Love it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Attitude on 17:30 - Feb 15 with 3231 viewsbosh67

Much better in front of goal today. Butland had to make a number of good saves. We looked dangerous again and quick, which was good because Stoke are painfully slow at the back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Attitude on 17:44 - Feb 15 with 3109 views2Thomas2Bowles

Attitude on 17:30 - Feb 15 by bosh67

Much better in front of goal today. Butland had to make a number of good saves. We looked dangerous again and quick, which was good because Stoke are painfully slow at the back.

I can't say anything but pleased with the result coming back from 0-2.

But I still think MW is a one-trick pony and Stoke were very poor.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Attitude on 17:44 - Feb 15 with 3119 viewstraininvain

Great response. Still fancied us to win at 2-0 down. Last time I felt that way was the magic few weeks under Magilton all those years ago.

Bit quiet on here tonight!
Attitude on 17:51 - Feb 15 with 3069 viewsslmrstid

I was very grumpy with the club (NOT Warburton and the squad) 2 weeks ago and I still am,and feared the worst at 2-0,but the comeback and performance on the whole was excellent. Nice and noisy as the goals went in which I always love to see. I think calling Warburton a one trick pony is harsh, on the whole he is doing a great job with what he has.

We must never rest on our laurels mind and until we get to 52/53 points the whittler in me will be fearful, but for tonight I am one Happy Hoop
Attitude on 17:53 - Feb 15 with 3044 viewsBlackCrowe

Thought Hugill was immense today, but in a real shift and never stopped.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Attitude on 17:55 - Feb 15 with 3022 viewsstevec

Think their stroppy posturing in front of LR end at both their goals got the players and the crowd on it.

Nice of them to crown it off by bringing Cousins on.
Attitude on 17:58 - Feb 15 with 2986 viewsqprxtc

He chewed a hat?
Attitude on 18:02 - Feb 15 with 2943 viewsVancouverHoop

Attitude on 17:53 - Feb 15 by BlackCrowe

Thought Hugill was immense today, but in a real shift and never stopped.

He was. He's good at what he does but needs support. Today he had it. We attacked as a group, rather than poking the ball up front for Hugill to run onto. Even Cameron was looking to shoot or for an opening. There were opportunities all over the place and he took his well. Actually all the goals today were well made and well taken – except Chair's gimme at the end.
Login to get fewer ads

Attitude on 18:02 - Feb 15 with 2934 viewsStanisgod

Attitude on 17:51 - Feb 15 by slmrstid

I was very grumpy with the club (NOT Warburton and the squad) 2 weeks ago and I still am,and feared the worst at 2-0,but the comeback and performance on the whole was excellent. Nice and noisy as the goals went in which I always love to see. I think calling Warburton a one trick pony is harsh, on the whole he is doing a great job with what he has.

We must never rest on our laurels mind and until we get to 52/53 points the whittler in me will be fearful, but for tonight I am one Happy Hoop

Agree. Perfect timing bringing Chair on.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Attitude on 18:03 - Feb 15 with 2925 viewsDWQPR

Attitude on 17:44 - Feb 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

If Warburton is a one trick pony then I am happy to keep on watching his team. We have played some cracking football at times this season despite the leaky defence and when was the last time we have scored four or more goals at home four times in one season. Thoroughly enjoyable. We are better than our league position and compared to where we thought we would be at the start of the campaign and worrying where the goals would come from, well I can sit through another season like this one. No fear of going up and no fear of going down but a bucketload of entertainment and the delight of seeing youth talent shine.

Eze was very much back in the mood today, Hugill bullied, Samuel showed guile when he couldn’t use his speed, Manning was excellent going forward and is far better when he has Barbet with him pinging the balls diagonally. And Kelly looks a decent keeper (forget the dropped ball near the goal line, both keepers did very well given the conditions. And to think we missed three absolute sitters, literally on the goal line each time. And Butland made a couple of brilliant saves as well. Could have been better than the Cardiff result.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Attitude on 18:16 - Feb 15 with 2823 viewsdavman

This - sums up my feelings perfectly.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Attitude on 18:17 - Feb 15 with 2818 viewsEastR

Sadly our attitude from the off today was p£ss poor. They were all over us to start with and it was only going two goals down that woke us up.
Everything for the subsequent hour was a joy to behold.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Attitude on 18:21 - Feb 15 with 2773 viewsWestbourneR

Attitude on 17:44 - Feb 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Better to have one good trick that lots of bad ones.

I assume you do remember our away record under Holloway?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Attitude on 18:21 - Feb 15 with 2770 viewsDejR_vu

Yeah, not sure how much better MW could have done given the hand he’s been dealt. I think he’s done an unbelievable job so far.

Great result today, particularly after going two down, and especially given that confidence must have been knocked by the last few results.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Attitude on 18:23 - Feb 15 with 2751 viewsBlackCrowe

Cameron excellent as well today.

Just had a nosy on the oatcake forum. Butland's really copping - one poster calling him Flapjack - lol.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Attitude on 18:28 - Feb 15 with 2703 viewsLongsufferingR

Attitude on 18:17 - Feb 15 by EastR

Sadly our attitude from the off today was p£ss poor. They were all over us to start with and it was only going two goals down that woke us up.
Everything for the subsequent hour was a joy to behold.

Really? We should have been 2-0 up in the first 25 minutes. Other than 2 defensive lapses I thought we were excellent throughout.
Attitude on 18:33 - Feb 15 with 2664 viewsMatch82

Attitude on 18:23 - Feb 15 by BlackCrowe

Cameron excellent as well today.

Just had a nosy on the oatcake forum. Butland's really copping - one poster calling him Flapjack - lol.

Yeah if I'm stoke I'm not happy with Butland tonight. Made a few good saves but several of the goals he should be getting flak for.
Attitude on 18:46 - Feb 15 with 2572 viewsEastR

Attitude on 18:28 - Feb 15 by LongsufferingR

Really? We should have been 2-0 up in the first 25 minutes. Other than 2 defensive lapses I thought we were excellent throughout.

Yeah, like I said for an hour we were sublime after giving them a two goal head start. The first twenty minutes we had a good couple of chances but our midfield and defence was all over we the place. What was pleasing was they called it out and sorted it out to recover the situation.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Attitude on 18:48 - Feb 15 with 2564 viewsNorthLondonR

Attitude on 17:44 - Feb 15 by traininvain

Great response. Still fancied us to win at 2-0 down. Last time I felt that way was the magic few weeks under Magilton all those years ago.

Bit quiet on here tonight!

I've never felt a feeling of we'll win this since Derby away 2009 either... just had a feeling. I remember that magilton inspired comeback against the rams away.
Attitude on 18:51 - Feb 15 with 2532 viewsNorthLondonR

Attitude on 18:46 - Feb 15 by EastR

Yeah, like I said for an hour we were sublime after giving them a two goal head start. The first twenty minutes we had a good couple of chances but our midfield and defence was all over we the place. What was pleasing was they called it out and sorted it out to recover the situation.

I agree we could have had at least 6 today. Apart from Campbell, who did look a tricky customer, they were shocking. Joe Allen has been mugging a career out of football all his life. And as someone pointed out, how flat-footed and slow are they at the back. However thank god for Bright... please tie him down to a contract asap.
Attitude on 18:57 - Feb 15 with 2476 viewsstowmarketrange

Attitude on 18:48 - Feb 15 by NorthLondonR

I've never felt a feeling of we'll win this since Derby away 2009 either... just had a feeling. I remember that magilton inspired comeback against the rams away.

So do I because I almost broke my toe kicking a chair when they scored their 2nd goal.How stupid did I feel at ft when we won 4-2 and my toe was throbbing like mad.
Attitude on 19:00 - Feb 15 with 2451 viewsNorthLondonR

Attitude on 18:57 - Feb 15 by stowmarketrange

So do I because I almost broke my toe kicking a chair when they scored their 2nd goal.How stupid did I feel at ft when we won 4-2 and my toe was throbbing like mad.

I'm saying it now, I think we'll slay the Florists next week. 2-3
Attitude on 19:20 - Feb 15 with 2305 viewsSpen

Attitude on 18:28 - Feb 15 by LongsufferingR

We really should have been 2-0 up before they scored. Warbs is the best manager we've had since Warnock, he has a clear vision of how we play and it's been individual mistakes that have cost us a higher league position this season. When we start moving the ball quicker we look unplayable at times. Eze geting back up to his high standards after a few lean weeks which is still to be expected for someone of his age but a great effort by the everyone today. Stoke were poor but did have some quality about them, but we really should have scored 7 with the chances we created.
Attitude on 19:40 - Feb 15 with 2192 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Attitude on 18:03 - Feb 15 by DWQPR

If Warburton is a one trick pony then I am happy to keep on watching his team. We have played some cracking football at times this season despite the leaky defence and when was the last time we have scored four or more goals at home four times in one season. Thoroughly enjoyable. We are better than our league position and compared to where we thought we would be at the start of the campaign and worrying where the goals would come from, well I can sit through another season like this one. No fear of going up and no fear of going down but a bucketload of entertainment and the delight of seeing youth talent shine.

Eze was very much back in the mood today, Hugill bullied, Samuel showed guile when he couldn’t use his speed, Manning was excellent going forward and is far better when he has Barbet with him pinging the balls diagonally. And Kelly looks a decent keeper (forget the dropped ball near the goal line, both keepers did very well given the conditions. And to think we missed three absolute sitters, literally on the goal line each time. And Butland made a couple of brilliant saves as well. Could have been better than the Cardiff result.

Sing it, Sister.
Agree completely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Attitude on 20:09 - Feb 15 with 2009 viewsDWQPR

Attitude on 18:48 - Feb 15 by NorthLondonR

Said exactly that to my brother on the way back. Never felt we would lose.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024