Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? 18:00 - Nov 17 with 9145 viewsLohengrin

Given that Wales are enjoying the best start to a qualifying campaign for a generation and with the resultant surge in interest what are the odds The Welsh FA will switch the remaining home fixtures from Malaygoland to The Millennium?

Demand is bound to far outstrip supply and the association that continually bleats about being on its arse wouldn't willingly throw away hundreds of thousands of pounds, would it?

Does anybody know if they are tied in by contract and, if so, could there be an out?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 22:07 - Nov 17 with 1581 viewsPrivate_Partz

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 21:43 - Nov 17 by jack_lord

Swansea's location?

You mean just over thirty miles further along the same M4?

You mean on the same A465 that they are concentrating the dualling towards the a470 link first?

The assembly has concentrated on improving the links in to Cardiff first and foremost.

This has been to the detriment to Swansea and those further west.

It is worse than that J Lord.
The rest of Wales can F off with the WAG transport infrastructure plans. The North Wales dual carriageway is a mess and people are dying in West Wales due to sharing roads that are not much more than farm tracks with juggernauts.
Train links are also a complete joke from Cardiff westwards and northwards.
Still let's spend billions on a new motorway through protected countryside and build a new Cardiff metro to replace a system that is already in place.
I hope one day the people of Wales will wake up and smell the coffee and give the useless politicians outside of Cardiff grief for the shocking job they are doing in representing their respective areas.
In short I agree that transport links are a major issue and Cardiff has to be the preferred option. Even if most of the north wales support will have to travel through England to get there.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 22:13 - Nov 17 with 1570 viewsSwan91

this would be the perfect campaign to get fans going to the games again, they should make the most out of it and put it in the millenium stadium.

like for the belgium home game have it buy one get one free or something, or atleast have cheap tickets so families can go. imagine having belgium play here and the millenium stadium has over 50K supporters cheering wales on, would be such a lift for the team.

these deals could work well in the long run aswell having attracted people who usually doesn't go to games and turn them into a possible regular.

with the whole media play on this campaign for Wales as the biggest yet and having the whole belief them, they would be foolish not to make the most out of it and try and fill the big stadium!
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 22:20 - Nov 17 with 1549 viewsPrivate_Partz

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 22:13 - Nov 17 by Swan91

this would be the perfect campaign to get fans going to the games again, they should make the most out of it and put it in the millenium stadium.

like for the belgium home game have it buy one get one free or something, or atleast have cheap tickets so families can go. imagine having belgium play here and the millenium stadium has over 50K supporters cheering wales on, would be such a lift for the team.

these deals could work well in the long run aswell having attracted people who usually doesn't go to games and turn them into a possible regular.

with the whole media play on this campaign for Wales as the biggest yet and having the whole belief them, they would be foolish not to make the most out of it and try and fill the big stadium!

I agree with this but the pitch is a worry for me. It always alternates between mediocre and very poor. It would be a shame if the campaign gets detailed because of this.
And don't get me going about the sheer greed of pulling down a perfectly good stadium to build another in its place that is not fit for purpose.......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 22:37 - Nov 17 with 1507 viewsDyfnant

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:51 - Nov 17 by Lohengrin

The CCS is a club ground not a National Stadium for the National Team. It's the crowd and the atmosphere they generate that makes a player confident not a patch of grass and at the Millennium that atmosphere would be cranked up x40,000.

This campaign is taking off and tens of thousands of fans are set to miss out. It's a shame.

The atmosphere like the one at the millenium stadium for the playoff game with Russia? It was absolutely cack, the games need to stay at a smaller stadium to keep the happy clappers out

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 22:57 - Nov 17 with 1486 viewswestside

don't roads and trains go to swansea as well then ?
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 22:57 - Nov 17 with 1486 viewsKilkennyjack

Mill stad

Beware of the Risen People

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:11 - Nov 17 with 1465 viewswestside

wasn't cardiff supposed to host euro 2020 games because they had wonderfull transport links and wonderfull hotels and a wonderfull taxpayer owned airport and wonderfull stadiums.

oh dear
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:12 - Nov 17 with 1462 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 21:46 - Nov 17 by Brynmill_Jack

What time is the last train from Cardiff out west on a weeknight?

Well the 2200 off Paddington is the last train to Swansea, the later 2330 terminates at Cardiff.

The 2200 gets to Newport slap bang on 0000. So I imagine about 0020 it leaves Cardiff. And that's just the First Great Western London express services. There are Arriva 'local' trains.

Compare that to the last train past Cardiff from Swansea is at 2028 on weekdays and 1928 on Saturdays (which means I can't catch a train home after 5.30 games).

I posted on the October game threads when people were slating the FAW for using the CCS only that it is possible to go as far as west as Fishguard after an evening CCS kick off, as Far East as Bristol, Gloucester, as north as Hereford.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 23:26]
Login to get fewer ads

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:17 - Nov 17 with 1455 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 22:57 - Nov 17 by westside

don't roads and trains go to swansea as well then ?

But trains don't run 24/7. Like I've said various times you'd need to leave 10mins after kick off to catch a train back to Newport on a 7.45pm weekday kick off.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 23:18]
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:20 - Nov 17 with 1449 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:11 - Nov 17 by westside

wasn't cardiff supposed to host euro 2020 games because they had wonderfull transport links and wonderfull hotels and a wonderfull taxpayer owned airport and wonderfull stadiums.

oh dear

What the hell has Euro2020 got to do with the qualifying games?

Only Welsh people & about 3500 max away fans will go, nobody else.

We lost out due to poor timing of a Scottish UEFA guy dying.

Not like many of you have been to Hampden on here as it's not a premier league ground but it's a dive so why they chose it over Cardiff simply comes down to UEFA politics sadly.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:24 - Nov 17 with 1442 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 22:57 - Nov 17 by Kilkennyjack

Mill stad

I've already said there is no chance of moving the games. The FAW confirmed this to the FSF Cymru group last month.

End of discussion.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:25 - Nov 17 with 1439 viewsmatt_the_jack

Not going to happen, people have already bought and paid for their seats for all the remaining home games.

The Rugby World Cup is also on around the same time Wales finish against Andorra. So unlucky to the people who miss out.

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:27 - Nov 17 with 1438 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:25 - Nov 17 by matt_the_jack

Not going to happen, people have already bought and paid for their seats for all the remaining home games.

The Rugby World Cup is also on around the same time Wales finish against Andorra. So unlucky to the people who miss out.

This (other than unlucky... Tough is my opinion ...GLORY HUNTERS)
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 23:29]
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:28 - Nov 17 with 1436 viewsDarran

So just to clarify there's actually a debate going on about moving a game from a stadium that holds over 33k to a stadium that holds just over 20k?

F*ck my eyes no wonder I rarely post on here these days.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:28 - Nov 17 with 1436 viewsjazzswan

Two Options for me..

Game played at Legoland, GOOD LUCK WALES,I will watch on the telly

Game played at Millennium Stadium, I WILL BE THERE

Too much history for me with some of the SCUM, Millennium stadium is more neutral ground.

Wales still in it next year? SELL OUT

C'mon .. Welsh FA.. Switch the game and make the SUPPORT more inclusive!
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:33 - Nov 17 with 1376 viewsjack247

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:39 - Nov 17 by trampie

Wasn't Wales one of the best supported national teams [or was that the very best supported national team at one time] in Europe or was it the World ?

Only by default, we had the biggest stadium and came close to filling it/possibly even did fill it a few times when we nearly qualified under Hughes. Wembley was being rebuilt, so England like Soain, Italy, Germany etc played at club grounds. I'm sure they all had higher demand, just smaller stadiums.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:34 - Nov 17 with 1374 viewsbuilthjack

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:05 - Nov 17 by JBT95

Why should I care if people will be unable to get tickets?

I've been to every home qualifying game since I started going in March 2003 and only missed 4 friendlies.

I've been to the Millennium with 16k. I've been to Parc y Scarlets with 6k.

Great if people want to go but to criticise the FAW if they choose not to move because of all of a sudden demand outstrips supply is crazy when for years people had the chance to go but for whatever reason chose not to.

Agree. 33000 full house at CCS better than 50000 at the millennium. I am like you, rarely missed a Home Wales game since the 70s and been away loads. Tickets won't be a problem to the loyal followers.
The games in the early days at the millennium were good, but the atmosphere soon went after about 7 or 8 games. Pitch poor too.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:41 - Nov 17 with 1364 viewsmatt_the_jack

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:27 - Nov 17 by JBT95

This (other than unlucky... Tough is my opinion ...GLORY HUNTERS)
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 23:29]

Well that too, good luck to everyone wanting to go to watch Wales in France. No chance for most.

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:41 - Nov 17 with 1363 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:33 - Nov 17 by jack247

Only by default, we had the biggest stadium and came close to filling it/possibly even did fill it a few times when we nearly qualified under Hughes. Wembley was being rebuilt, so England like Soain, Italy, Germany etc played at club grounds. I'm sure they all had higher demand, just smaller stadiums.

Spain play at small grounds about the same size as the Liberty.

If they had bigger demand they could get bordering on 100k per game at the Nou Camp.

As has been seen INGURLAND can't sell out Wembley.

When you divide 3,063,456 (the official 2011 census population of Wales) by 74500 (the rough capacity of the Millennium Stadium) the answer is just over 41. So 1 in 41 people of the Welsh population filled that ground. I doubt there are many as well % of population countries supported international football teams about.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:56 - Nov 17 with 1351 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 23:28 - Nov 17 by jazzswan

Two Options for me..

Game played at Legoland, GOOD LUCK WALES,I will watch on the telly

Game played at Millennium Stadium, I WILL BE THERE

Too much history for me with some of the SCUM, Millennium stadium is more neutral ground.

Wales still in it next year? SELL OUT

C'mon .. Welsh FA.. Switch the game and make the SUPPORT more inclusive!

Only you miss out by saying you wont go to the CCS though.

The FAW won't care.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 00:02 - Nov 18 with 1342 viewsjazzswan

Not missing if I see it that I don't want to be there!
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 02:13 - Nov 18 with 1306 viewsphact0rri

I don't get why they do CCS instead of the millenium. I know that I was talking to my father about tripping up to holiday and see family and catch a qualifier. But I think an away match would probably be a better atmosphere for our purposes then circle around to visit family afterwards.

Last time I tried to catch a national match there was a horrible experience. maybe they've gotten better at sorting out of country but the prices are high, hotels are a horror show, and getting around as a tourist is worse than going to the dentist.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 02:31 - Nov 18 with 1299 viewsjackharris

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 00:02 - Nov 18 by jazzswan

Not missing if I see it that I don't want to be there!

To say that there is no chance that Wales will move the Belgium game is naive, if the demand is there after the Israel away game. Not saying that the halfwits at the FAW would!

1. The Millennium Stadium pitch is now a hybrid pitch, the same as our Liberty Stadium playing surface.
2 . Tournament tickets could be transfered to seats in the Millennium.
3. The facilities around the CCS are f*cking shocking. I went to the Bosnian game and there is one pub, one KFC and one McDonalds. And an Asda where people were buying cans.
4. The CCS is not that accessible, compared to the Millennium Stadium.
5. The move to the CCS stadium has been a success, the Millennium Stadium had become to big and the pitch was abysmal, however, this Belgium game is massive.
6. I have spent 30 years supporting Wales and nothing will compare to the German 1-0 game at Cardiff Arms Park in front of 38,000 and the 2-1 victory over Italy at a full, electric Millennium Stadium in front of 73,000 fans.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 03:26 - Nov 18 with 1292 viewsZut_Alors

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/wales/2330095.stm

72 thousand watched that. Home advantage is crucial and it would be even stronger at a packed Millennium. One of the main factors in England having such a strong record in qualifying is the intimidation factor of Wembley.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 09:54 - Nov 18 with 1228 viewsDewi1jack

The Belgian game is next June.
Personally, I can see the FAW requesting the game is put back until the Saturday afternoon and playing it at the Millennium.
Couldn't see any problem then of selling the ground out.
Family tickets, good pricing that allows the ground to be full and provides the FAW and the RFU with an extra income. Everyones a winner.

Ground full of happy clappers, p1ssed up muppets wearing cowboy hats and face daffodils, not having the slightest idea who the players are or what the rules are, are the only downsides really.
No different to the normal Millennium crowd from what I've seen really

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024