Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed 11:46 - Jan 30 with 23241 viewsAngelRangelQS

Personal terms being discussed.

Source: Walesonline
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:40 - Jan 30 with 6461 viewsnantywatcher

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:38 - Jan 30 by pencoedjack

If I was a car salesman I'd love to do a part ex deal with most of you lot

If you don't drive a BMW you ought to!
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:44 - Jan 30 with 6405 viewspencoedjack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:17 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

Couldn't care less.

Me neither
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:44 - Jan 30 with 6405 viewsAngelRangelQS

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:31 - Jan 30 by pencoedjack

I disagree that's it 'aggressive by the club 'in fact it's very weak

Van Arnolt has just been sold for 14 million Sunderland fans rate him like we rate Taylor

I want Taylor out & Ayew in but this shows the clubs shite transfer dealings

Taylor has far more limitations than Van Arnolt who can also play on the wing. Sam seems to think he can improve him defensively as he did at Sunderland last year, by all accounts.

Personally, I think we just want to get Taylor off the books and bring in another attacking option. From a financial perspective we are going to have to duck and dive to bring in more quality and if that means having to use players as undervalued make weights, so be it.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:47 - Jan 30 with 6346 viewsJango

Van Arnolt has just been sold for 14 million Sunderland fans rate him like we rate Taylor

Van aanholt can play wing, wing back or full back. He's a very good attacking threat who can take free kicks. There's a reason why a prem team wants him and only a championship team wants Taylor
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:50 - Jan 30 with 6296 viewsE20Jack

Van Aahnolt has scored 7 and assisted 9 in the last 3 seasons....Taylor has scored 1 and assisted 5 in the last 6 (yes six) seasons.

Taylors best ever full season for Swansea isnt even equal to Van Aahnolts worst in terms of total performance rating.

They are not comoarable and on completely different levels of ability.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:53 - Jan 30 with 6236 viewsjasper_T

Not convinced at all by the lesser Ayew, but getting rid of Taylor and getting another wing option is fine by me.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:02 - Jan 30 with 6081 viewspencoedjack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:50 - Jan 30 by E20Jack

Van Aahnolt has scored 7 and assisted 9 in the last 3 seasons....Taylor has scored 1 and assisted 5 in the last 6 (yes six) seasons.

Taylors best ever full season for Swansea isnt even equal to Van Aahnolts worst in terms of total performance rating.

As a DEFENDER he has also been part of a defence that has conceded more than us in the last 2 seasons in a side that has finished below us.

Anyway we agree to disagree that whoever negotiates Sunderland's transfers is far better than who does the same role at our club.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:14 - Jan 30 with 5917 viewsTummer_from_Texas

It would be nice to live in a world where we could sell Neil Taylor to another PL club for £14 million, but unfortunately we live in one where no PL club is quite that stupid at the moment.

I'm satisfied living in a world where we can send our surplus left back where he probably belongs - the Championship - while picking up a promising option at wing (which we badly need) for £5 million.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 13:16]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:15 - Jan 30 with 5896 viewsAngelRangelQS

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:02 - Jan 30 by pencoedjack

As a DEFENDER he has also been part of a defence that has conceded more than us in the last 2 seasons in a side that has finished below us.

Anyway we agree to disagree that whoever negotiates Sunderland's transfers is far better than who does the same role at our club.

In Allardyce's press conference recently, he acknowledged that PVA had issues with his defending but said that when he worked alongside him at Sunderland and coached him 1 on 1, he felt that there was an improvement and that he could replicate that with Palace. If they can, then they've got themselves a very good full back indeed.

The fee is also £10m, rising to £14m for PVA. Taylor you would imagine is valued around the £5-6m mark, assuming a price of £10/£11m for Ayew.

I appreciate there is a big difference in price but I'd like to think we wouldn't have sold Taylor to Palace for £5m. The other point worth making is that if Taylor was such a steal, we'd have had other clubs queuing up for him.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:15 - Jan 30 with 5890 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Also worth noting - you've got to figure Jordan's brother told him good things about Swansea if he agrees to this deal.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:16 - Jan 30 with 5861 viewsLeonWasGod

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:14 - Jan 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

It would be nice to live in a world where we could sell Neil Taylor to another PL club for £14 million, but unfortunately we live in one where no PL club is quite that stupid at the moment.

I'm satisfied living in a world where we can send our surplus left back where he probably belongs - the Championship - while picking up a promising option at wing (which we badly need) for £5 million.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 13:16]

Agree with that, but I was hoping PC could unearth us an exciting option or two rather than just go along with our usual list of players. But that's me just being unrealistic; I need to remember that our funds are somewhat limited.

PC's got a massive job on his hands making us work as a unit, because there's precious little individual talent left in thes squad.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:22 - Jan 30 with 5783 viewsMorfa_Same

I assume Taylor has a sell-on clause. I hope this isn't an attempt to get around paying it like with Vorm.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:23 - Jan 30 with 5771 viewspencoedjack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:15 - Jan 30 by AngelRangelQS

In Allardyce's press conference recently, he acknowledged that PVA had issues with his defending but said that when he worked alongside him at Sunderland and coached him 1 on 1, he felt that there was an improvement and that he could replicate that with Palace. If they can, then they've got themselves a very good full back indeed.

The fee is also £10m, rising to £14m for PVA. Taylor you would imagine is valued around the £5-6m mark, assuming a price of £10/£11m for Ayew.

I appreciate there is a big difference in price but I'd like to think we wouldn't have sold Taylor to Palace for £5m. The other point worth making is that if Taylor was such a steal, we'd have had other clubs queuing up for him.

As I said fella we will have to agree to disagree

To me although (we believe him to be shite) I think we are letting him go cheaply
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:25 - Jan 30 with 5735 viewsSwansea93

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:22 - Jan 30 by Morfa_Same

I assume Taylor has a sell-on clause. I hope this isn't an attempt to get around paying it like with Vorm.

At the end of the 2009—10 season, Taylor joined Football League Championship side Swansea City on a free transfer.[3] A fee of £150,000 plus 10% of any future profit was agreed between the two clubs just before entering a professional footballers compensation committee tribunal on 30 September 2010

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:27 - Jan 30 with 5702 viewsHighjack

Are you including defensive stats into that? Taylor's always been horse shyte going forward but until recently he was probably far better than van Aanholt defensively.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:30 - Jan 30 with 3796 viewslifelong

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 12:17 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

Couldn't care less.

I care.

Our club has a long history of having Welsh international and locally sourced players in our starting line ups.
It's a shame that this is no longer the case.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 13:44]
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:32 - Jan 30 with 3773 viewssomersetsimon

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:25 - Jan 30 by Swansea93

At the end of the 2009—10 season, Taylor joined Football League Championship side Swansea City on a free transfer.[3] A fee of £150,000 plus 10% of any future profit was agreed between the two clubs just before entering a professional footballers compensation committee tribunal on 30 September 2010

Should be an easy one to get away with. Everyone knows that we only ever buy players for £5M, therefore Ayew is only worth £5M, therefore Taylor is worth nothing.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:53 - Jan 30 with 3652 viewsPegojack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:32 - Jan 30 by somersetsimon

Should be an easy one to get away with. Everyone knows that we only ever buy players for £5M, therefore Ayew is only worth £5M, therefore Taylor is worth nothing.

Why do I sense another court appearance for the Swans looming over a swap deal and sell on clause?
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:53 - Jan 30 with 3646 viewsClinton

Any free-kicks or penalties in PVA's total ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:56 - Jan 30 with 3615 viewsAngelRangelQS

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:53 - Jan 30 by Clinton

Any free-kicks or penalties in PVA's total ?

I expect there'll be a free kick in there.... why does it make a difference though?
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 14:12 - Jan 30 with 3512 viewsBorojack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:53 - Jan 30 by Pegojack

Why do I sense another court appearance for the Swans looming over a swap deal and sell on clause?

We won't win this one it's pretty clear that Villa value Ayew at about 9 million.
We value Taylor at 4 hence the 5 million fee.
We will have to pay Wrexham about 400 grand which is only fair.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 14:23 - Jan 30 with 3436 viewswaynekerr55

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:53 - Jan 30 by Pegojack

More like trading standards for selling sub prime tat...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 14:46 - Jan 30 with 3322 viewspremierjack

I like this signing, ayew must be worth around 9-10 million so the sums add up. He looked good in the PL when I have seen him, we have always played our best with pace out wide, hopefully ayew and narsingh will provide that.

Van anholt's fee has absolutely no relevance to what we sell Taylor for, there is a massive difference in quality between the two players.

Another CB along with this signing and I think that we have done very well in this window.
Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 14:52 - Jan 30 with 3265 viewsFlashberryjack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 14:46 - Jan 30 by premierjack

I like this signing, ayew must be worth around 9-10 million so the sums add up. He looked good in the PL when I have seen him, we have always played our best with pace out wide, hopefully ayew and narsingh will provide that.

Van anholt's fee has absolutely no relevance to what we sell Taylor for, there is a massive difference in quality between the two players.

Another CB along with this signing and I think that we have done very well in this window.

PC just on SS1 saying that the Taylor Ayew deal is almost done, and wished Taylor the best in his new challenge.

Also said that it's likely that we will see out the season with Center Backs we already have.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 15:01 - Jan 30 with 3211 viewsE20Jack

Taylor + £5m for Ayew agreed on 13:02 - Jan 30 by pencoedjack

And Taylor has also been part of the defence which is one of the worst statistically in Premier League history. Van Aanholt is superior to Taylor in both defence and attack.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024