Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This kneeling down protest 14:07 - Sep 25 with 57683 viewsLoyal

Relevant?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This kneeling down protest on 14:25 - Sep 26 with 2801 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 12:03 - Sep 26 by londonlisa2001

Not been reminded of that by me.

The only point I've made on the subject is you can't claim to 'get it' just because you've watched JTAK. Nothing to do with nationality. I've said previously as an example, that Dav does 'get it' - the fact he's an American is neither here nor there.

As for the rest, the person who most champions free speech when it suits and threatens when it doesn't is Trump. And from the outside, there is nothing that could possibly disrespect your flag, anthem and nation more than having that idiot as your head of State. The peaceful and rather moving protests that have happened in the past few days bring nothing but admiration. I assume from your post that you don't believe the people involved to be patriots, but that suggests an incredibly narrow definition of what it means to be patriotic in my opinion.

It's also interesting that you describe the movement as being 'the Left'. Surely it's a movement for justice that straddles political divides?

I claimed "I get it" because I saw JTAK?

I was a supporter for years by then, and had been on this board for several months before it came out on DVD.

Hell, I might have even been the first person that saw the film on this side of the Atlantic, thanks to a pirated copy I got from a someone I met on this board, immediately when it came out. So I "got it" long before that, and I'm not sure why you'd think I said that about myself. But OK.

And I'm not judging the people who don't stand for the anthem. I already said I don't have any problem with them, or even people who burn the flag. America is about the freedom to do that. Trump had previously indicated that he got that, and it's been disappointing to see him contradict that.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This kneeling down protest on 14:28 - Sep 26 with 2792 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 12:07 - Sep 26 by NeathJack

Errr.... http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/us-sport/national-football-league/taking-a-kn

"Accident," sure.

It's pretty clear what's happened here. Poor guy looked just a POW giving a propaganda statement, when he issued that "apology."

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This kneeling down protest on 14:35 - Sep 26 with 2783 viewssquarebear

Apropos to nothing, I'm enjoying this debate. Well done, all.

Ahem. Carry on.
This kneeling down protest on 14:50 - Sep 26 with 2770 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 14:25 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

I claimed "I get it" because I saw JTAK?

I was a supporter for years by then, and had been on this board for several months before it came out on DVD.

Hell, I might have even been the first person that saw the film on this side of the Atlantic, thanks to a pirated copy I got from a someone I met on this board, immediately when it came out. So I "got it" long before that, and I'm not sure why you'd think I said that about myself. But OK.

And I'm not judging the people who don't stand for the anthem. I already said I don't have any problem with them, or even people who burn the flag. America is about the freedom to do that. Trump had previously indicated that he got that, and it's been disappointing to see him contradict that.

Tummer listen here Lisa knows more about America than you now give it a rest.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This kneeling down protest on 15:39 - Sep 26 with 2731 viewsDafyddHuw

This kneeling down protest on 06:41 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

This really belongs in a separate thread about this specific subject, so I'll make my answer brief and kindly request that we don't devolve into a long thread highjack.

It was really the extensive corruption of the Clinton Foundation and other dealings that made them filthy rich as "public servants," more than any of that other stuff.

That, and 8 years of a Clinton White House was already more than enough for me. Truly trashy, sleazy, dishonest people, those folks.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 6:44]

" Truly trashy, sleazy, dishonest people, those folks."

But the manchild wasn't even more so?

I understand tht you were between a rock and a hard place (I believe that's how the cliche goes), but Donald Duck would make a better job than Donald Trump.

From over here, Bernie Sanders seemed the only one who wasn't a member of the Maff.
This kneeling down protest on 15:39 - Sep 26 with 2731 viewsacejack3065

This kneeling down protest on 14:19 - Sep 26 by Darran

Why do people on here care so much about this shit?

Because people really like the NFL and equality and Trump is taking both on because he's a divisive manchild who is only interested in representing his base.
This kneeling down protest on 15:45 - Sep 26 with 2724 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 15:39 - Sep 26 by acejack3065

Because people really like the NFL and equality and Trump is taking both on because he's a divisive manchild who is only interested in representing his base.

Oh don't be daft it's just all silly bollox,taking on the NFL my arse.

This kneeling down protest on 15:50 - Sep 26 with 2719 viewsacejack3065

This kneeling down protest on 15:45 - Sep 26 by Darran

Oh don't be daft it's just all silly bollox,taking on the NFL my arse.

Of course it's all silly bollox and bluster. Trump feeds off creating this kind of outrage because it annoys his opponents and his supporters lap it up.

Call it what you will, he called for NFL players to be fired for protesting during the anthem and that kneeling should be banned.

More cynical people might suggest he's whipped up this media frenzy because his son in law was caught using a private email for government business, the very same thing he threatened to lock Hilary up for.
Login to get fewer ads

This kneeling down protest on 15:54 - Sep 26 with 2715 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 15:50 - Sep 26 by acejack3065

Of course it's all silly bollox and bluster. Trump feeds off creating this kind of outrage because it annoys his opponents and his supporters lap it up.

Call it what you will, he called for NFL players to be fired for protesting during the anthem and that kneeling should be banned.

More cynical people might suggest he's whipped up this media frenzy because his son in law was caught using a private email for government business, the very same thing he threatened to lock Hilary up for.

A very good post, acejack. Have an up vote.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 15:55 - Sep 26 with 2715 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 15:50 - Sep 26 by acejack3065

So why are people getting so worked up then?

This kneeling down protest on 15:58 - Sep 26 with 2714 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 09:54 - Sep 26 by Mo_Wives

"What bit of Republican/Fox news/Donald Trump invented bullshit made you think Donald f*cking Trump would be a better person to represent your country than Hillary Clinton? "

"Your news is lying to you...but mines not lying to me". F*cking LOL.

Let me explain something to you, Hump. All corporate news channels are lying to us. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, RT, etc etc.... They are no longer in the business of presenting the truth. They are now click bait (if they can present the truth and maximise profits, result. If not, profit comes first). Fox panders to the right wing, CNN panders to the left wing. If you don't believe me, then let CNN producer, John Bonfield explain it to you. Here he is talking about the Trump/Russia story.

Edit -The illuminati are stopping the video being played. Anyone interested can find it on YouTube under the title:- American Pravda: CNN Producer says Russia Narrative "bullsh*t"
2nd Edit - I've added a shorter one including Van Jones (CNN presenter) agreeing

If you didn't take the time to watch it, then amongst other things he said:

>We have no proof of the Russia story but we run with it because it does the best business for us.

>The president (Trump) is right to say "You are witch hunting me. You have no proof"

>If we had treated President Obama the way we treat Trump, our liberal viewers would have been put off...they would have thought we were unnecessarily attacking him.

Open your eyes, Hump, all corporate news is run this way - Profit Trumps Truth (excuse the pun). So before you ask Tums "What was it that made you believe what you believe?" from your ivory tower. Why don't you sit down and ask yourself what made YOU believe what you believe?. Although, if you find the answer, I fear all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put Humpty together again.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 11:21]

Another great example of the lying done by the turds at CNN, with their biased agenda, occurred just yesterday. Brian Fallon, a CNN regular, tweeted:

Setting aside the idiocy and irresponsibility of calling a perceived lack of attention to Puerto Rico "racist," it was also patently false. Puerto Rico's governor, Ricardo Rossello has praised and thanked the USA and Trump for our quick and thorough response to their crisis thusfar.

This kneeling down protest on 15:59 - Sep 26 with 2710 viewsacejack3065

This kneeling down protest on 15:55 - Sep 26 by Darran

So why are people getting so worked up then?

people tend to react to inflammatory things the President says and does. Luckily he's just been full of sh*t so far but its worth asking what would we do if he actually did use the weight of the federal government to try and get dissenting journalists or sports stars sacked?
This kneeling down protest on 16:03 - Sep 26 with 2705 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 15:59 - Sep 26 by acejack3065

people tend to react to inflammatory things the President says and does. Luckily he's just been full of sh*t so far but its worth asking what would we do if he actually did use the weight of the federal government to try and get dissenting journalists or sports stars sacked?

Well I did say people on here so I'm still not getting it?

This kneeling down protest on 16:16 - Sep 26 with 2696 viewsacejack3065

This kneeling down protest on 16:03 - Sep 26 by Darran

Well I did say people on here so I'm still not getting it?

well we can't post about the swans because it's too depressing. Much happier posting about the collapse of western society
This kneeling down protest on 16:17 - Sep 26 with 2694 viewsacejack3065

This kneeling down protest on 15:54 - Sep 26 by Mo_Wives

A very good post, acejack. Have an up vote.

you little flirt
This kneeling down protest on 16:18 - Sep 26 with 2692 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 16:16 - Sep 26 by acejack3065

well we can't post about the swans because it's too depressing. Much happier posting about the collapse of western society

Fair point.

This kneeling down protest on 17:02 - Sep 26 with 2674 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 16:17 - Sep 26 by acejack3065

you little flirt

I think now would be a good time for a few words from my favourite philosopher...

[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 7:11]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 17:09 - Sep 26 with 2667 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 17:02 - Sep 26 by Mo_Wives

I think now would be a good time for a few words from my favourite philosopher...

[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 7:11]

Big Cheap Trick fan.

This kneeling down protest on 17:12 - Sep 26 with 2661 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 17:09 - Sep 26 by Darran

Big Cheap Trick fan.

Who isn't, Daz?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 17:24 - Sep 26 with 2650 viewsphact0rri

This kneeling down protest on 15:58 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

Another great example of the lying done by the turds at CNN, with their biased agenda, occurred just yesterday. Brian Fallon, a CNN regular, tweeted:

Setting aside the idiocy and irresponsibility of calling a perceived lack of attention to Puerto Rico "racist," it was also patently false. Puerto Rico's governor, Ricardo Rossello has praised and thanked the USA and Trump for our quick and thorough response to their crisis thusfar.

WHAT? Puerto Rico is thanking the US for complete inaction? I even did a post asking if he's thanked the USA and most of the links are him begging for aid, and how much help they need. only thing close is this...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

This kneeling down protest on 17:40 - Sep 26 with 2643 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 17:24 - Sep 26 by phact0rri

WHAT? Puerto Rico is thanking the US for complete inaction? I even did a post asking if he's thanked the USA and most of the links are him begging for aid, and how much help they need. only thing close is this...

Complete inaction?

And yes, he has thanked the USA, and specifically Trump.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/breaking-puerto-rico-gov-rossello-gratef

Didn't stop that CNN idiot from making up lies and even groundlessly throwing out the race card, the old favorite tactic of the Left.

This kneeling down protest on 17:40 - Sep 26 with 2643 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 17:12 - Sep 26 by Mo_Wives

Who isn't, Daz?

Very well said Sir,very well said indeed.

This kneeling down protest on 18:25 - Sep 26 with 2602 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This kneeling down protest on 17:12 - Sep 26 by Mo_Wives

Who isn't, Daz?

Donald trump?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

This kneeling down protest on 18:34 - Sep 26 with 2597 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 18:25 - Sep 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Donald trump?

Fair point Tom.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/apr/21/cheap-trick-we-got-asked-to-play-f

This kneeling down protest on 18:35 - Sep 26 with 2597 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 18:25 - Sep 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Donald trump?

WRONG!...he's the yugest Cheap Trick fan

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024