Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This kneeling down protest 14:07 - Sep 25 with 58346 viewsLoyal

Relevant?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This kneeling down protest on 17:15 - Sep 27 with 2579 viewslondonlisa2001

This kneeling down protest on 17:03 - Sep 27 by Mo_Wives

Do you think our remembrance day poppies are odd?

I don't think poppies are odd, or their use as a symbol of remembrance. I do find the recent obsession with the poppy and the move to it becoming pretty much mandatory for the best part of a month to be odd, yes.

It's not a direct comparison with the American flag anyway though. The American flag can't be used on one hand as a revered symbol of the fallen and on the other as a marketing gimmick to sell anything from beer to burgers.
This kneeling down protest on 17:20 - Sep 27 with 2561 viewsDarran

Lisa be like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This kneeling down protest on 17:23 - Sep 27 with 2555 viewstrampie

This kneeling down protest on 17:01 - Sep 27 by Mo_Wives

The way I see Americans view on the flag is very much like our poppy. it's amongst other thing a symbol of their fallen soldiers.

Some people see the American flag as being as repulsive as the Union jack, symbols of imperialism.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

This kneeling down protest on 17:24 - Sep 27 with 2554 viewslondonlisa2001

This kneeling down protest on 17:20 - Sep 27 by Darran

Lisa be like.

What don't you understand Darran?

Or are you just trying to crawl up Tummer's backside for the sake of it?
This kneeling down protest on 17:24 - Sep 27 with 2554 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 17:15 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

I don't think poppies are odd, or their use as a symbol of remembrance. I do find the recent obsession with the poppy and the move to it becoming pretty much mandatory for the best part of a month to be odd, yes.

It's not a direct comparison with the American flag anyway though. The American flag can't be used on one hand as a revered symbol of the fallen and on the other as a marketing gimmick to sell anything from beer to burgers.

Well, do you know, I agree with what you just said. You've shown me a different angle to view this. I'm trying to say how it's a symbol of their fallen...but you make a good point about marketing. Well done, you're getting better at this.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 17:25 - Sep 27 with 2547 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 17:23 - Sep 27 by trampie

Some people see the American flag as being as repulsive as the Union jack, symbols of imperialism.

No shit, Sherlock

Good luck, Mr Cooper

This kneeling down protest on 17:27 - Sep 27 with 2538 viewstrampie

This kneeling down protest on 17:25 - Sep 27 by Mo_Wives

No shit, Sherlock

Yip no shit.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

This kneeling down protest on 17:28 - Sep 27 with 2536 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 17:27 - Sep 27 by trampie

Yip no shit.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

This kneeling down protest on 17:30 - Sep 27 with 2527 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 17:24 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

What don't you understand Darran?

Or are you just trying to crawl up Tummer's backside for the sake of it?

This kneeling down protest on 17:30 - Sep 27 with 2527 viewsphact0rri

This kneeling down protest on 15:35 - Sep 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

You've gone on and on - both in this thread, and another, apparently - about how Trump has done nothing for Puerto Rico. After my initial attempts to tell you that the Puerto Rican governor was quite happy with, and complimentary of, the USA's efforts were met with your skepticism, I give you concrete proof that 1) this is true about the governor, and 2) Trump's actions have in fact been unusual and extraordinary by even the USA's standards.

So now that we've reached this conclusion, your reply is simply:

1) Then why are others also trying to help as private individuals? (This is asinine and irrelevant. Private donations are always going to be needed for natural disasters of this scale, no matter what the US government does, just like they were in Texas, Florida, etc.)

2) Trump must be motivated by bad publicity and his advisors, since this doesn't fit your preconceived notions. Yeah, Trump clearly is the type to worry about bad publicity.

Ya know, it wouldn't kill you to just admit you were wrong.

But again, you're not going to hear about any of this in the MSM either, even though paying 100% of the cleanup costs is a very newsworthy topic. It just doesn't fit their narrative of the President as a complete racist, and they clearly have the same character flaw as you, which Trump has exposed.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 15:43]

You besides all the "amazing work" being done. 90% of Puerto Rico doesn't have power after a week. After most of the island is still underwater. Yes, please tell me about all this amazing work.

Here's more quotes from the governor from yesterday.

“We need more help. We need more help with resources. We need more help with people being deployed so that we can get logistical support elsewhere,” Rosselló continued.

“And we need Congress to take action so we can have an aid package that is real for the American citizens that live in Puerto Rico and that is flexible so that we can take immediate action.”

( http://thehill.com/latino/352409-puerto-ricos-governor-we-need-more-help)

I don't know what MSM is by the way. And honestly, I'd love to be wrong. I'd love to not have to hear every day on the news, how completely awful it is. and how people are still sick and dieing a week on. Its unacceptable.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

This kneeling down protest on 17:12 - Sep 28 with 2428 viewsMillJack

This kneeling down protest on 05:36 - Sep 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

To answer your last sentence: because Hillary was the alternative.

As much as I disagree with Trump about a number of things, in the end it wasn't a hard choice, and I don't regret it. Hopefully, the Democrats and Republicans can offer at least one better choice in 2020.

To answer the earlier part of the post, I disagree that private companies should have the right to do that, and I hope that Shilling successfully sues the hell out of them, even though he's an ass. Americans, no matter how extreme and misguided their beliefs are, should be allowed to express themselves without their livelihood being placed at risk. If ESPN doesn't like their employees talking about politics, that's too damned bad. ESPN doesn't own their brains and souls when they are off the clock. If you let big companies do that, you are setting a very dangerous precedent.

If people complain that they won't watch the network anymore because of the personal beliefs of some individual who works for them, that network should reply "sorry, but we don't tell them what to think. And we can't fire someone for their private beliefs that have nothing to do with sports." As long as they are consistent and apply that policy to BOTH sides, they should be fine in the eyes of any reasonable, fair person.

That is how free speech works, my friend. It's a lot more than just the 1st Amendment. It's a lot more than just the government.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2017 5:46]

Why didn't you just refrain from voting?

Granted my views are of an outsider looking in but I honestly couldn't have brought myself to vote for either of them.
This kneeling down protest on 17:17 - Sep 28 with 2423 viewsexiledclaseboy

This kneeling down protest on 17:12 - Sep 28 by MillJack

Why didn't you just refrain from voting?

Granted my views are of an outsider looking in but I honestly couldn't have brought myself to vote for either of them.

Especially when there were other candidates available. Voting for the stupidest one (trump) because you couldn’t stomach the other main one (Clinton) is spectacularly but perhaps not untypically dumb.

Poll: Tory leader

This kneeling down protest on 17:32 - Sep 28 with 2415 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 17:17 - Sep 28 by exiledclaseboy

Especially when there were other candidates available. Voting for the stupidest one (trump) because you couldn’t stomach the other main one (Clinton) is spectacularly but perhaps not untypically dumb.

Well, because he wasn't the stupidest one. Or the most corrupt. Or, most importantly, the one who was going to pick up where Obama left off to continue to destroy the foundation of American free enterprise by pushing the collectivist, anti-libertarian ideology of the so-called "Democratic" party.

Your opinion about my vote is spectacularly but perhaps not untypically presumptuous and ignorant. I'm quite flattered, though, that it has generated so much concern around here though. Especially considering the fact my single, little vote was meaningless, since I don't live in a "swing state."

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This kneeling down protest on 17:39 - Sep 28 with 2406 viewsexiledclaseboy

This kneeling down protest on 17:32 - Sep 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Well, because he wasn't the stupidest one. Or the most corrupt. Or, most importantly, the one who was going to pick up where Obama left off to continue to destroy the foundation of American free enterprise by pushing the collectivist, anti-libertarian ideology of the so-called "Democratic" party.

Your opinion about my vote is spectacularly but perhaps not untypically presumptuous and ignorant. I'm quite flattered, though, that it has generated so much concern around here though. Especially considering the fact my single, little vote was meaningless, since I don't live in a "swing state."

Your first sentence is just plainly wrong. Second is arguable. Third is ridiculous and typical of the hysterical reaction of the American right during the eight years there was a black fella living in the White House instead of building it or cleaning it. You all lost your collective marbles and frankly it seems you’re all still trying to locate them. Your choice. As was your vote of course. It just amuses me that you spent the entire campaign on here agreeing that trump was a dumbass who was totally unfit to be “president” and then when it came down to it you went right ahead and voted for the fool anyway because (and by your own admission) you knew that a trump win would piss those on the left off. Madness.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 17:41]

Poll: Tory leader

This kneeling down protest on 17:39 - Sep 28 with 2405 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 17:32 - Sep 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ignore the ignorant twàt Tumms he’s not worth it.

This kneeling down protest on 18:04 - Sep 28 with 2389 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Understood, Dar, but the really low-class accusation that I had a problem with a "black fella" in the White House does require a response:

That's about as presumptuous and low as even you can get, ECB, and simply false. Projecting your own racism on me, perhaps? Doesn't matter; go f*** yourself in any case.

Ideology aside, I was proud when America elected our first black President, and was a supporter of both Herman Cain and Dr. Ben Carson when they ran.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This kneeling down protest on 18:07 - Sep 28 with 2382 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 18:04 - Sep 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Understood, Dar, but the really low-class accusation that I had a problem with a "black fella" in the White House does require a response:

That's about as presumptuous and low as even you can get, ECB, and simply false. Projecting your own racism on me, perhaps? Doesn't matter; go f*** yourself in any case.

Ideology aside, I was proud when America elected our first black President, and was a supporter of both Herman Cain and Dr. Ben Carson when they ran.

You tell him,who the hell does he think he is telling you who you should have voted for? He’s like Trump himself trying to take you rights away.

This kneeling down protest on 18:12 - Sep 28 with 2380 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This kneeling down protest on 18:07 - Sep 28 by Darran

You tell him,who the hell does he think he is telling you who you should have voted for? He’s like Trump himself trying to take you rights away.

LOL, thanks and touche'.

This kneeling down protest on 18:15 - Sep 28 with 2373 viewsPozuelosSideys

This kneeling down protest on 17:39 - Sep 28 by exiledclaseboy

Your first sentence is just plainly wrong. Second is arguable. Third is ridiculous and typical of the hysterical reaction of the American right during the eight years there was a black fella living in the White House instead of building it or cleaning it. You all lost your collective marbles and frankly it seems you’re all still trying to locate them. Your choice. As was your vote of course. It just amuses me that you spent the entire campaign on here agreeing that trump was a dumbass who was totally unfit to be “president” and then when it came down to it you went right ahead and voted for the fool anyway because (and by your own admission) you knew that a trump win would piss those on the left off. Madness.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 17:41]

Wow. What a terrible post full of generalisations and sterotypes. Fck my eyes.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

This kneeling down protest on 18:19 - Sep 28 with 2366 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 18:15 - Sep 28 by PozuelosSideys

Wow. What a terrible post full of generalisations and sterotypes. Fck my eyes.

Innit?

This kneeling down protest on 18:26 - Sep 28 with 2361 viewsPozuelosSideys

This kneeling down protest on 18:19 - Sep 28 by Darran

Innit?

Seriously, im in the US a lot (mainly the more liberal cities), but its such a big place, with so many people and even more differing opinions, to tar millions of people with the same brush is cwaaazy.

Granted, i dont really understand the Trumpesque logic of saying these peaceful protests (far better than violent ones which we have seen!) do the country and its military down and its "unAmerican" etc. As far as i was aware, the military fought for freedom of expression and speach. Its just unfortunate a number of clowns cant think objectively for themselves, especially when its such an important and devisive issue.

People should be allowed to show their opinion peacefully, and they are doing so. Just like the guy who played for the Steelers did, but in the opposite way. Nothing wrong with that either. FWIW, the Cowboys got it spot on.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

This kneeling down protest on 18:28 - Sep 28 with 2357 viewsDarran

This kneeling down protest on 18:26 - Sep 28 by PozuelosSideys

Seriously, im in the US a lot (mainly the more liberal cities), but its such a big place, with so many people and even more differing opinions, to tar millions of people with the same brush is cwaaazy.

Granted, i dont really understand the Trumpesque logic of saying these peaceful protests (far better than violent ones which we have seen!) do the country and its military down and its "unAmerican" etc. As far as i was aware, the military fought for freedom of expression and speach. Its just unfortunate a number of clowns cant think objectively for themselves, especially when its such an important and devisive issue.

People should be allowed to show their opinion peacefully, and they are doing so. Just like the guy who played for the Steelers did, but in the opposite way. Nothing wrong with that either. FWIW, the Cowboys got it spot on.

Exactly Poz. God Bless America.

This kneeling down protest on 18:31 - Sep 28 with 2351 viewsPozuelosSideys

This kneeling down protest on 18:28 - Sep 28 by Darran

Exactly Poz. God Bless America.

Lets not talk about the G word, thats a whooole different issue

This kneeling down protest on 19:00 - Sep 28 with 2326 viewsLoyal

Kneeling down, I suppose if you are genuinely abused and mistreated and want to show some form of legitimate support then good. But the people of the USA and uk have no idea about brutality, abuse or anything. The very fact that they can do it should tell them they are misjudging the whole thing for their own personal agenda.

Fcking complaining for the sake of it IMO.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This kneeling down protest on 19:07 - Sep 28 with 2324 viewsMo_Wives

This kneeling down protest on 18:04 - Sep 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

I wouldn't take it too hard, Tex...the definitions have changed.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024