Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide 13:28 - Nov 7 with 24759 viewsYossarian

Just being reported by BBC Wales political correspondent Nick Servini that Carl Sergeant has committed suicide after being sacked following allegations of misconduct by various women. Very sad.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:41 - Nov 7 with 4671 viewswestwalesed

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:46 - Nov 7 by Neath_Jack

Here we go, time to blame the women again...

Another wonderful thread in the making.

Oh i know, of course you're not going to blame them, it's us poor snowflakes that's the problem with this country. PC gone maaaaaaad and all that.

Nobody is blaming any women as far as I can see.

People should be supported for speaking out against sexual harassment.

But equally people should be able to defend themselves. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:47 - Nov 7 with 4660 viewsswanforthemoney

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:16 - Nov 7 by Loyal

You were quick ✌
Agree 're the kids etc, awful, as I said I hope none of those allegations are false.

So you hope the allegations are true, then ?

I stand in the North Stand

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 18:24 - Nov 7 with 4585 viewsYossarian

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:05 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

"I can’t help thinking there’s a whiff of McCarthyism about all of this:
“Have you now, or have you ever made a clumsy pass at an attractive woman, or have you now or at any time in the past complimented a female about he hair, clothes or her general appearance?
Have you ever embraced a female colleague in the workplace?”

Your list reads as an attempt to trivialise the behaviours that have led to a series of suspensions and, in this case, a sacking.

In this case, I am not judging the man - I haven't made an assumption about his guilt. I simply said that you do not get sacked for complimenting a woman. Because you don't.

The only one that's rushed to a judgment here are those that immediately assume that this man's death is indicative of a witch hunt, or McCarthyism, or similar. Again, your post assumes that there are women that he 'may have behaved badly towards'. You are assuming it's nothing more than that. As you said, you don't know that, so why make the assumption?

Rather than trivialise the accusations, why not wait to find out what's happened?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 16:06]

Well, let’s just say you have your perspective and I have mine then.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 18:39 - Nov 7 with 4567 viewsJackfath

Whatever the reasons for Mr Sargeant's demise, the fact he leaves two children and a wife and undoubtedly many people who speak highly of him, feeling devastated, perhaps those who are debating the issues on here, without knowing the truth and facts need to hold their thoughts for now.

RIP Mr Sargeant.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 18:50 - Nov 7 with 4536 viewspikeypaul

Will Carwyn tell us why he sacked him before he could defend himself?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 19:25 - Nov 7 with 4507 viewstheloneranger

In spite of the specific detail of the complaints against Carl Sargeant not being made public, sensational headlines have screamed from the pages of the UK's most popular newspapers.

The Daily Mail referred to "shocking sex allegations", others have banded about terms such as "shamed", completely improperly in these circumstances.

Guilt should never be assumed, and processes must support all involved.

Whatever the truth about the allegations made against Carl Sargeant, no-one should feel unsupported and abandoned and no-one should be deterred from complaining because there is no established process.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 19:42]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:11 - Nov 7 with 4452 viewsdickythorpe

Carwyn needs to explain. A man is dead now, regardless of whether he was or wasn't guilty of any offence.

Very sad. We need to know the facts. If Carl was a pervert then good riddance, but if Carwyn got it wrong and acted on duff information then he is history.
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:14 - Nov 7 with 4450 viewsishootpeople

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:11 - Nov 7 by dickythorpe

Carwyn needs to explain. A man is dead now, regardless of whether he was or wasn't guilty of any offence.

Very sad. We need to know the facts. If Carl was a pervert then good riddance, but if Carwyn got it wrong and acted on duff information then he is history.

Shocking post.
Login to get fewer ads

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:25 - Nov 7 with 4430 viewsdickythorpe

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:14 - Nov 7 by ishootpeople

Shocking post.

Until you change your username I'll treat that reply as infantile.
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:25 - Nov 7 with 4433 viewswestwalesed

On how Carwyn Jones' future is on the line too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-41906961

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:26 - Nov 7 with 4426 viewsItchySphincter

The bloke might have been depressed.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:41 - Nov 7 with 4408 viewswhoflungdung

plenty of judgementalism here

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:42 - Nov 7 with 4399 viewsdickythorpe

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:41 - Nov 7 by whoflungdung

plenty of judgementalism here

Hark at you!!!!
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:46 - Nov 7 with 4393 viewswhoflungdung

Indeed ,I'm a sinner ,just like you

Read what you post and give dicky back to us

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:51 - Nov 7 with 4387 viewsLohengrin

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:49 - Nov 7 by acejack3065

Met Carl several times and he was always a great bloke and great to be around. It's a shame it's ended this way and he will be missed by many who worked in and around Welsh politics.

Why is he wearing the regimental tie of The Royal Scots , any idea? I thought he was a north Walian?

EDIT: Oops! Probably best if I put the picture up!

[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 21:06]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 21:47 - Nov 7 with 4317 viewsLeonWasGod

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:47 - Nov 7 by swanforthemoney

I presume he does. Because if they turn out to be false it means that he's taken his own life for no reason other than a bit of a fk up by Carwyn. Who will then have that on his conscience for the rest of his life.

Horrible either way, but I can see the logic.
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 22:03 - Nov 7 with 4293 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 21:47 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

I presume he does. Because if they turn out to be false it means that he's taken his own life for no reason other than a bit of a fk up by Carwyn. Who will then have that on his conscience for the rest of his life.

Yeh that's how I see It as well.
It' is probably well known on here that I don't like Carwyn. I find him dictatorial, complacent and plain lazy.
I hope those qualities have not led him into a hasty decision. I would not want him, or anyone, to have that on their conscience.
As you say if is horrible either way and I feel for the poor family of this man. This will be news for quite sometime I would imagine which will be terrible for them.
Very sad.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 22:06]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 00:53 - Nov 8 with 4188 viewsLoyal

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:47 - Nov 7 by swanforthemoney

I will put it another way.
If someone made a false allegation against a member of my family and it affected them so badly they committed suicide ripping the lives of their nearest and dearest apart I would find them and cut their fcking head off.
If you require any further clarity use Google translate 👍
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 0:57]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 00:55 - Nov 8 with 4181 viewsLoyal

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 21:47 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

Thanks 👍
Some people's lives are so black and white off the ptich the fog never clears.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 01:02 - Nov 8 with 4174 viewsSwanjaxs

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 00:53 - Nov 8 by Loyal

I will put it another way.
If someone made a false allegation against a member of my family and it affected them so badly they committed suicide ripping the lives of their nearest and dearest apart I would find them and cut their fcking head off.
If you require any further clarity use Google translate 👍
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 0:57]

Absolutely mate! A lot more to come out about this, but if it transpires that these allegations turn out to be malicious then the perpetrators responsible will have blood on their hands

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 09:34 - Nov 8 with 4061 viewswhoflungdung

This country loves nothing more than sensational sex stories only this time it's just a working class Welsh Assembly member so it's not sensational enough for the sicker fookers in society

Ironic that a fellow Connah s Quay man suffered the salacious trial by internet

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 09:39 - Nov 8 with 4055 viewsacejack3065

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 20:51 - Nov 7 by Lohengrin

Why is he wearing the regimental tie of The Royal Scots , any idea? I thought he was a north Walian?

EDIT: Oops! Probably best if I put the picture up!

[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 21:06]

No idea sorry. Either one of his family members served or it's just coincidentally a stripey tie.
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:22 - Nov 8 with 3983 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 01:02 - Nov 8 by Swanjaxs

Absolutely mate! A lot more to come out about this, but if it transpires that these allegations turn out to be malicious then the perpetrators responsible will have blood on their hands

National news have just released a statement from Sergeant's family and it must be worrying for our First Minister.
Sergeant was not informed of the accusations made against him. Was not given any help or support either. Also there is a claim that a press interview by Carwyn on Monday actually prejudiced the case.
One side of the story is emerging. We now have to wait for the views from the WAG side.
It must be terrible for Sergeant's family and friends.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:29 - Nov 8 with 3926 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Looks like the First Minister will need to explain what happened here pretty quickly.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:42 - Nov 8 with 3908 viewsJoshTheJack

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:21 - Nov 7 by squarebear

But suicide? Suicide?

If he’d done nowt then presumably he’d have been able to clear his name. To do this just does terrible harm to his loved ones, plus also his accusers.

Why, man? Were you that vain that your ego couldn’t take the shame of being found out? Were you so sensitive that even being subject of media scrutiny was too much to bear? Was the loss of your cabinet role too damaging to your pride? Or was this the last desperate act of a man broken by the sins of his past - a warning shot over the heads of any future would-be accusers. “Keep it zipped or whoever you accuse might kill themselves too”?

Just a terrible, heart-breaking thing to do. Rest in peace man, but you’re a git for having done this.

I think i accidentaly hit report abuse to this post.Mods please ignore it,It was my clumsy fingers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024