Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman 18:07 - Nov 14 with 45725 viewsDarran

Deserves its own thread.

A Statement From Phil Sumbler Re: Supporters Trust 14th Nov 2017 18:00
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have stood down from my position as Chair of the Swans Trust. 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:19 - Nov 14 with 2822 viewslonglostjack

This stinks. The Quislings will be found out.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 19:22]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:19 - Nov 14 with 2820 viewsWatchman

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:16 - Nov 14 by PozuelosSideys

Seems pretty clear to me that the American ownership team, plus the ex shareholders who now provide some sort of operational input into the club are taking the p1ss.

They clearly hold the fanbase in contempt. The club is being run as an American business, just like any other. The only way the fans can make a point imo, is by leaving the stadium empty on matchdays.

think longer term and who any future board would want to see on it

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:22 - Nov 14 with 2803 viewsChippy69

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:12 - Nov 14 by Yossarian

Well that is very sad, and troubling news. Phil has acted with integrity- which is a quality that is conspicuously absent from one or two individuals who appear to have not only lost touch with the fanbase, but also with their former selves.
I don’t envisage a stampede of quality rushing to take over from Phil, whatever wind and piss was spouted in the past few months- most sensible people realise that the role it is clearly a hiding for nothing. However, perhaps there might now be a growing acceptance that there is yet another fight on for the soul of this club. If people can’t mobilise over that then we really are in trouble. Best wishes, and peace of mind for the future Mr. Sumbler.

Why doesn't someone who knows what's going on, just let everyone know what the fu&king hell is going on with this club
fu&king napper is done in mun
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 19:23]

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:23 - Nov 14 with 2790 viewsLandore_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:06 - Nov 14 by Uxbridge

My position has changed for a couple of reasons, yes. When the detail is public I'll explain more then. Until then, I can't.

Phil has stated his reasons for resigning. If you are not happy with the direction of the Trust or the new terms of the deal why not speak up?

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:26 - Nov 14 with 2756 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:10 - Nov 14 by max936

It seems obvious as to what a lot of us thought and that's some of the Trusts hierarchy have become all to cosy with the sellouts/owners, this won't end well, seems there are massive problems ahead of us, just how they move the goalposts after drawing the offer up and delivering it I don't know, but then again its nothing that we probably didn't expect.

The moving of the goal posts and possible reneging on the deal shows the complete and utter contempt Jenkins, the Yanks and the sell-outs have for SCFC supporters, the club, the Trust and Trust members.

The deal was extremely accommodating for the Trojan Horse filth on the board, it was the kind of deal they didn’t even deserve! But yet? The same low-life, scumbag filth and their lack of any decency and lack of any morals seems to have returned. Utterly disgusting, utterly vile, a complete and utter disgrace! This lot make Tony Petty look angelic by comparison!

And that low-life piece of scumbag sh#t Jenkins has the gall to blame SCFC support/supporters for the clubs current state in the programme notes!

Argus!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:26 - Nov 14 with 2747 viewsGaryjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:23 - Nov 14 by Landore_Jack

Phil has stated his reasons for resigning. If you are not happy with the direction of the Trust or the new terms of the deal why not speak up?

He may as well before someone else does!
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:27 - Nov 14 with 2729 viewsplasjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:16 - Nov 14 by PozuelosSideys

Seems pretty clear to me that the American ownership team, plus the ex shareholders who now provide some sort of operational input into the club are taking the p1ss.

They clearly hold the fanbase in contempt. The club is being run as an American business, just like any other. The only way the fans can make a point imo, is by leaving the stadium empty on matchdays.

Good shout, especially televised games against the big clubs, but financially the owners would lose very little as season ticket supporters have already paid up, so would only lose the walk up supporters. but politically could be a positive.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:28 - Nov 14 with 2726 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:23 - Nov 14 by Landore_Jack

Like I said, I agreed with every single word. My views are pretty much identical. And like I said, until certain details are made public, I can't say much more than that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:29 - Nov 14 with 2703 viewsTheResurrection

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:00 - Nov 14 by Uxbridge

It is when NDAs are in place, and discussions are continuing. However, before any deal is ratified, if the terms change from those previously presented then the Trust board must go back to the members, once the differences are finalised. To do it before that is complete could just mean going back and forth.

Anyway, a very sad day for the Trust. Few on here could appreciate the time, effort, drive and determination Phil has shown as Trust chairman and he is a big loss. On a personal note, it's been a pleasure.

With regards to the statement, I agree with every single word. However the will of the board is to continue discussions. It's not something I agree with but there we are.

well get cracking with your resignation letter and show the same bloody integrity man.

Don't delay and as soon as you do I propose a vote of no confidence in Stu MacDonald as Supporters Directer.

As for Phil, we've had a turbulent relationship I think it's fair to say but something had to change on the Trust and I'm pleased he's shown the courage to make this strong decision.

I'm sure Phil won't just go away and his time and experience on the Trust will be utilised many more times ahead.

11 years is too long for anyone to have sat on the Board but that's not all his fault. I'm sure he agrees with this point anyway.

I think it's fair to say old Sumbler has legendary status in the Swans family and from someone who has criticised him I've always had huge underlying respect for him.

Thank you and good luck, it's not an easy job and it's made more difficult by people like me on times, but nobody said it would be a bed of roses.

Cheers mate.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:30 - Nov 14 with 2693 viewsLandore_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:26 - Nov 14 by Garyjack

He may as well before someone else does!

This is one of the issues with the Trust. Everything is secretive and nobody is prepared to speak up and keep members informed.

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:30 - Nov 14 with 2687 viewsChippy69

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:28 - Nov 14 by Uxbridge

Like I said, I agreed with every single word. My views are pretty much identical. And like I said, until certain details are made public, I can't say much more than that.

Well make them public then
and resign

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:31 - Nov 14 with 2681 viewsPozuelosSideys

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:19 - Nov 14 by Watchman

think longer term and who any future board would want to see on it

Honestly, im not sure the Trust has much long term value within the club, i know people wont agree with that, but it seems the management will continue to do as they please by hook or by crook regardless.

Personally im at the stage where id rather see fans not put any money into the club by not going, no ST or by commercial streams. A relegation would see attendances halve, TV money drop off a cliff and minimal other advertising income available. The owners will also be lumbered with that stadium lease. Their share investment would be worth peanuts.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:32 - Nov 14 with 2668 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:29 - Nov 14 by TheResurrection

well get cracking with your resignation letter and show the same bloody integrity man.

Don't delay and as soon as you do I propose a vote of no confidence in Stu MacDonald as Supporters Directer.

As for Phil, we've had a turbulent relationship I think it's fair to say but something had to change on the Trust and I'm pleased he's shown the courage to make this strong decision.

I'm sure Phil won't just go away and his time and experience on the Trust will be utilised many more times ahead.

11 years is too long for anyone to have sat on the Board but that's not all his fault. I'm sure he agrees with this point anyway.

I think it's fair to say old Sumbler has legendary status in the Swans family and from someone who has criticised him I've always had huge underlying respect for him.

Thank you and good luck, it's not an easy job and it's made more difficult by people like me on times, but nobody said it would be a bed of roses.

Cheers mate.

Will you be joining the Trust now? You did say you would if Phil (and others) resigned.
You’ve got to be a member to be eligible for elections.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:35 - Nov 14 with 2620 viewsMartyrman57

Best wishes for the future Phil. YJB
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:39 - Nov 14 with 2559 viewsWatchman

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:31 - Nov 14 by PozuelosSideys

Honestly, im not sure the Trust has much long term value within the club, i know people wont agree with that, but it seems the management will continue to do as they please by hook or by crook regardless.

Personally im at the stage where id rather see fans not put any money into the club by not going, no ST or by commercial streams. A relegation would see attendances halve, TV money drop off a cliff and minimal other advertising income available. The owners will also be lumbered with that stadium lease. Their share investment would be worth peanuts.

Do not think about the Trust here think about other peoples motives, what do they want.

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:39 - Nov 14 with 2547 viewsshandyjack

yet another sad day for my club, well done and thank you for your time Phil.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:40 - Nov 14 with 2528 viewsJackfath

Thank you for doing your very best Phil. I am not envious of the position you've been in, incredibly stressful. My very best wishes for the future, whatever that holds.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:44 - Nov 14 with 2477 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:31 - Nov 14 by PozuelosSideys

I can see your point!

I guess a good few are now thinking what's the point of supporting a club when it comes to the nitty gritty i.e. it means aiding and abetting the insatiable greed of a bunch of low-life parasitic Trojan horse impostors. They treat the supporters like sh#t and are only here to feed of the Premier League carcass, fans support, their money and efforts to get behind the team both home and away.

Argus!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:45 - Nov 14 with 2458 views3swan

Right then Phil when's the book coming out
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:45 - Nov 14 with 2444 viewsLoyal

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:29 - Nov 14 by TheResurrection

Cheers mate.

Well he has more legendary status than the idiots who held Huw Jenkins as some sort of mystical God ovrr the years. The same goes for the players. I've spoken to Phil on numerous occasions and its also good to read he doesn't forget some of the forgotten movers of days gone by. Shame the club eroded them from their own pathetic take on the club's history. Interestingly Chris I had a dodgy thumb moment on my iPad yesterday and a thread from 4 years ago popped up with you saying many things regards Jenkins and co which eventually came to fruition. Unlike the majority I agreed then and agree now, money talks, greed blinds and as always they take cover with their millions. This club needs provocation to thrive, you have had it in spades (another thread) maybe you will never take the mantle, your PR leaves much to be desired however illuminating at times but consider it, think about it. Now's the time for strong people to take the stage like Phil and the boys did all those years ago.
Thanks Phil for your time served, I know you will take nothing for your service but you didn't forget those around you who maybe mentored or assisted your mindset.
You have nothing to justify, you have done your job mate, and for that I raise a glass of no alcohol beer.
Let no person dismiss this from swansea city history, because its true. Unlike many things of recent times.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:55 - Nov 14 with 2353 viewslondonlisa2001

I read the statement with despair.

I read Uxbridge's comments with despair.

I read of mattG's resignation with despair.

It brings me absolutely no pleasure to hear that the deal is not what it seemed to be. I genuinely hoped for the sake of the club that I was being massively overly cynical when I and many others argued long and hard before the vote that the details of the deal would be manipulated to put the Trust in a bad place.

I wrestled with the decision to personally not renew because I disagreed with the recommendation to such an extent I couldn't be a member of an organisation that supported it. I exchanged mails with Phil on that topic.

The Trust CANNOT be taken over by the appeasers, by those who are terrified to rock the boat, by those who are content to be patted on the head by the owners.

This is an awful day for all supporters. Awful.

I've been critical of the Trust on here a lot recently. And some of that has been taken as criticism of Phil as leader of the Trust. It appears from Phil's statement that he and I were on the same page rather more than I thought. For that, Phil, I apologise.

A massive statement. A crucial statement. A much needed statement.

They cannot be allowed to win.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:05 - Nov 14 with 2259 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:55 - Nov 14 by londonlisa2001

It brings me absolutely no pleasure to hear that the deal is not what it seemed to be. I genuinely hoped for the sake of the club that I was being massively overly cynical when I and many others argued long and hard before the vote that the details of the deal would be manipulated to put the Trust in a bad place.

I wrestled with the decision to personally not renew because I disagreed with the recommendation to such an extent I couldn't be a member of an organisation that supported it. I exchanged mails with Phil on that topic.

The Trust CANNOT be taken over by the appeasers, by those who are terrified to rock the boat, by those who are content to be patted on the head by the owners.

I've been critical of the Trust on here a lot recently. And some of that has been taken as criticism of Phil as leader of the Trust. It appears from Phil's statement that he and I were on the same page rather more than I thought. For that, Phil, I apologise.

I know have full realisation that certain Trust members of integrity and decency have had to deal with the worst possible bunch of individuals imaginable i.e. Jenkins, the Yanks, and the sell-outs.

I’m starting to get very sympathetic and empathetic towards individuals from the decency wing of SCST!!!!!!!

Argus!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:05 - Nov 14 with 2256 viewsOldjack

This

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:08 - Nov 14 with 2209 viewswaynekerr55

Time to mobilise the troops...

The war has begun

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:09 - Nov 14 with 2201 viewsTheResurrection

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:45 - Nov 14 by Loyal

Well he has more legendary status than the idiots who held Huw Jenkins as some sort of mystical God ovrr the years. The same goes for the players. I've spoken to Phil on numerous occasions and its also good to read he doesn't forget some of the forgotten movers of days gone by. Shame the club eroded them from their own pathetic take on the club's history. Interestingly Chris I had a dodgy thumb moment on my iPad yesterday and a thread from 4 years ago popped up with you saying many things regards Jenkins and co which eventually came to fruition. Unlike the majority I agreed then and agree now, money talks, greed blinds and as always they take cover with their millions. This club needs provocation to thrive, you have had it in spades (another thread) maybe you will never take the mantle, your PR leaves much to be desired however illuminating at times but consider it, think about it. Now's the time for strong people to take the stage like Phil and the boys did all those years ago.
Thanks Phil for your time served, I know you will take nothing for your service but you didn't forget those around you who maybe mentored or assisted your mindset.
You have nothing to justify, you have done your job mate, and for that I raise a glass of no alcohol beer.
Let no person dismiss this from swansea city history, because its true. Unlike many things of recent times.

Cheers mate and it was a nice touch from Phil to mention your kid.

What thread was that in particular?

But yes, it's never a great idea to put anyone in football on a pedestal, not when there's so much money floating about.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024