Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64632 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 15:58 - Feb 17 with 2666 viewsFlashberryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 15:44 - Feb 17 by costalotta

That mindset is not uncommon in and around South Wales and particularly Swansea. So you are not alone.

I don’t care about the advertising boards as I prefer to watch the game on the pitch and sometimes the crowd.

You would if you sat in the front row, Oh! and I prefer to watch the game.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Stadium deal agreed on 16:01 - Feb 17 with 2654 viewsairedale

We’re an upper middle PL club at best though, so I wouldn’t think that big companies will be chucking large amounts of the do re mi in our direction anytime soon.
Stadium deal agreed on 16:07 - Feb 17 with 2637 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 15:52 - Feb 17 by TheResurrection

Excellent work Andrew, you're making a real difference there 😉

I can’t know what I’m not told.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 16:41 - Feb 17 with 2568 viewsperchrockjack

Plenty of opinion on here ,plenty of business people ,plenty of experts so.....

What's the best option ?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Stadium deal agreed on 16:41 - Feb 17 with 2576 viewsAmbergambler

Stadium deal agreed on 11:37 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

Of course it was poor quality steel, Rowecord Engineering were involved

Is it still standing after our massive earthquake?
Stadium deal agreed on 17:03 - Feb 17 with 2538 viewsGlyn1

Stadium deal agreed on 16:07 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Fair enough. But are there board meetings at all?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Stadium deal agreed on 17:06 - Feb 17 with 2533 viewscostalotta

Stadium deal agreed on 15:58 - Feb 17 by Flashberryjack

You would if you sat in the front row, Oh! and I prefer to watch the game.

how do you know I don’t?

Some people need something to be p ssed off about.

If you don’t like yr seat , when the stadium is expanded you will have the opportunity to get a seat better suited to your requirements ? Bigger pictur !
Stadium deal agreed on 17:17 - Feb 17 with 2514 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 17:03 - Feb 17 by Glyn1

Fair enough. But are there board meetings at all?

There was a Trust board meeting on Monday night.

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 17:32 - Feb 17 with 2496 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 17:17 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

There was a Trust board meeting on Monday night.

That don’t sound good.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium deal agreed on 17:36 - Feb 17 with 2485 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 17:32 - Feb 17 by monmouth

That don’t sound good.

Theee hours long it was. 😱

Stadium deal agreed on 17:37 - Feb 17 with 2482 viewsJackfath

Stadium deal agreed on 17:36 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Theee hours long it was. 😱

Did you have tea and biscuits, if so, what type of biscuit do the board like?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Stadium deal agreed on 17:45 - Feb 17 with 2477 viewsawayjack

Stadium deal agreed on 10:57 - Feb 17 by Jango

It’s obviously financially beneficial to the club to secure this deal. Whether the extra money raised will be pumped directly back into the club or used to line the shareholders pockets is another matter. Only time will tell. Hopefully we’ll look back at this as a moment we took the step to the next level.

Can't decide if your 'next level' comment is serious or a HJ piss take.
Stadium deal agreed on 17:47 - Feb 17 with 2474 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 17:37 - Feb 17 by Jackfath

Did you have tea and biscuits, if so, what type of biscuit do the board like?

There was no tea and no biscuits.

Stadium deal agreed on 17:50 - Feb 17 with 2458 viewsDJack

Stadium deal agreed on 17:47 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, so coke and hookers then...flown in on the Trust helicopter.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Stadium deal agreed on 17:52 - Feb 17 with 2453 viewsFlashberryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 17:47 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

3 hour meeting with no tea and biscuits, that's absolutely outrageous..

No wonder Sumbler and Cooze resigned.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Stadium deal agreed on 18:03 - Feb 17 with 2433 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 16:07 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Fair enough, but are you saying that the Trust didn't know or that just you didn't know?

I don't understand why weren't the Trust questioning this deal LOUDLY before it was signed and sealed? We all knew about it and have done for a long time.

Apart from having something to hold over the Americans, it would be vital for the Trust to sign off on something so significant before it goes ahead.

I haven't seen anything anywhere about a decrease if we're relegated, which worries me.

Paying ÂŁ300,000 a year lease is nothing in the PL but surely that's a considerable amount if we're in League 1 or League 2. For example, Notts County's whole playing budget is ÂŁ2m a year so ÂŁ300k would be a huge amount at that level, especially if we're responsible for the upkeep of the stadium too. It's already starting to look worn in quite a few places....I can't imagine what the costs of repair will be like in 10-15-20+ years time.

Also, does this increase over the 50 (?) year lease? ÂŁ300k a year won't be a lot in 40 years time, unless it's tied to inflation.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Stadium deal agreed on 18:06 - Feb 17 with 2426 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stadium deal agreed on 17:50 - Feb 17 by DJack

Ah, so coke and hookers then...flown in on the Trust helicopter.

Has the Trust become Oxfam?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Stadium deal agreed on 18:06 - Feb 17 with 2427 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 18:03 - Feb 17 by MoscowJack

Fair enough, but are you saying that the Trust didn't know or that just you didn't know?

I don't understand why weren't the Trust questioning this deal LOUDLY before it was signed and sealed? We all knew about it and have done for a long time.

Apart from having something to hold over the Americans, it would be vital for the Trust to sign off on something so significant before it goes ahead.

I haven't seen anything anywhere about a decrease if we're relegated, which worries me.

Paying ÂŁ300,000 a year lease is nothing in the PL but surely that's a considerable amount if we're in League 1 or League 2. For example, Notts County's whole playing budget is ÂŁ2m a year so ÂŁ300k would be a huge amount at that level, especially if we're responsible for the upkeep of the stadium too. It's already starting to look worn in quite a few places....I can't imagine what the costs of repair will be like in 10-15-20+ years time.

Also, does this increase over the 50 (?) year lease? ÂŁ300k a year won't be a lot in 40 years time, unless it's tied to inflation.

I’m saying i didn’t know. I’ve no idea what the details of the deal are and as such have no view on whether it might be good, bad or indifferent.

Stadium deal agreed on 18:19 - Feb 17 with 2402 viewsairedale

Hope they sort out the zombies behind the bars. Should pay them a % of what they take over the bar. Bah!
Stadium deal agreed on 19:24 - Feb 17 with 2347 viewsvetchonian

Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes "the Carling Stadium" as that branding appears nearly everywhere in the ground these days.
Do wonder if this lease plus I guess the millstone of its maintenance could be the undoing of many years of prudent financial stewardship .
Surprise surprise there is a lot of corrosion evident around the stadiums steelwork no surprise really when we are located in an area with salt air and damp environment
I would hVe thought this needs some urgent remedial works which won't be cheap...or is this something Jaxx construction could do?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 19:57]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Stadium deal agreed on 19:26 - Feb 17 with 2344 viewsQJumpingJack

Very worrying if the Trust were not informed on this; it shows the Americans have no respect for them.
Stadium deal agreed on 19:27 - Feb 17 with 2341 viewsGowerjack

Stadium deal agreed on 18:03 - Feb 17 by MoscowJack

ÂŁ300k a year for the lease then we have the running costs and for what?

Lining the owners pockets nothing more nothing less.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stadium deal agreed on 19:29 - Feb 17 with 2341 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 19:26 - Feb 17 by QJumpingJack

Very worrying if the Trust were not informed on this; it shows the Americans have no respect for them.

I didn’t say the Trust wasn’t informed. I said I didn’t know.

Stadium deal agreed on 19:31 - Feb 17 with 2334 viewslondonlisa2001

As the Trust's financial affiliate, it's reasonable for posters to expect that I have seen details of this deal.

For the record, I have not.

I found out about it by seeing it mentioned on here.

I have still seen no details.

I have absolutely no idea whether it is good for the club or not. None.

My understanding from previous discussions (not from official information) is that the ÂŁ300k over annum does NOT vary according to division. It may be a great deal for the club. It may not. I don't know.

One thing I would add is that a good deal for the majority owners in the short term does not necessarily equate to a good deal for the club in the long term. The two may be aligned, but there is no guarantee that is the case.
Stadium deal agreed on 19:41 - Feb 17 with 2315 viewsmonmouth

So the minority one fifth owner is a) ignored or b) says nothing or c) says nothing AND does not consult its financial expert on a deal that hinges entirely on the financial aspects for viability and legal aspects for long term protection.

How very spiffing.

There’s no option b is there. Splendid.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 19:42]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024