Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64582 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 11:24 - Feb 18 with 2085 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 09:49 - Feb 18 by exhmrc1

did the trust know and you weren't told or were the trust kept out of loop

Some on the Trust board knew. Others didn’t. I was one of those who didn’t. So was Lisa. Although to be fair it seems no one knew that the announcement was going to be made when it was.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 11:28 - Feb 18 with 2076 viewsQJumpingJack

maybe the Trust should request that the Americans share press releases with them before any official announcements.
Stadium deal agreed on 11:30 - Feb 18 with 2070 viewsexhmrc1

Stadium deal agreed on 11:24 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

Some on the Trust board knew. Others didn’t. I was one of those who didn’t. So was Lisa. Although to be fair it seems no one knew that the announcement was going to be made when it was.

yet another case of trust board members being kept in the dark by those in the know. I really dont see how you and Lisa can stay on the board unless you have a vote of no confidence in those at the top in your next meeting
Stadium deal agreed on 11:45 - Feb 18 with 2029 viewsJacktheCork

Huw’s been on holiday, so has been unable to communicate what the Trust announcement should be to them.

Asinine statement will be released shortly.
Stadium deal agreed on 11:46 - Feb 18 with 2025 viewslonglostjack

Stadium deal agreed on 11:24 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

Why wasn't this communicated immediately to all Trust Board members by those members that did know? Not good enough.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stadium deal agreed on 11:49 - Feb 18 with 2016 viewsJacktheCork

On the upside; I’m starting to hope that Pearlman can get things done other than trousering supporter money.

The former snakes in chief and their gormless lackeys were too busy feathering their own nests to address the stadium issues, so I am hopeful that we can get something moving on that front now.

BUILD THE NORTH BANK KOP!
Stadium deal agreed on 11:51 - Feb 18 with 2004 viewsmax936

Stadium deal agreed on 23:29 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

I think that the fact we both saw fit to post on here making it absolutely clear that we didn't know diddly squat was probably an indication that a bit of a fuss was being made.

Speaking for myself, I'm absolutely fuming that I didn't know to be completely honest.

I think as a finance affiliate that there is a perfectly reasonable public assumption that I would know, and I'm bloody tamping that I didn't because it makes me look f*cking stupid.

I have made that very point today.

Which seems to imply that the Trust hierarchy have brought you and Andrew in to appease the masses, they seem to be still happy swimming with the Majority Owners whilst trying to make out that they are at some odds with them.

Thought the was going to be a new vote on the Trust share sale, that seems to have been shelved for now at least.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stadium deal agreed on 12:00 - Feb 18 with 1974 viewsmonmouth

So leaving aside who knew what and when, which shows the Trust has not reformed itself at all to make its own Governance effective, can we, as Trust members now possibly know if our Supporters Trust (you know the people charged to act on our behalf) actually supports this lease deal wholly or has reservations that it wishes to air (too late now I know - again), agrees the financial viability, the legal protection and that the benefit to the future of the football club is clear.

Or is that too much to ask.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 12:01]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 12:01 - Feb 18 with 1957 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 11:51 - Feb 18 by max936

Which seems to imply that the Trust hierarchy have brought you and Andrew in to appease the masses, they seem to be still happy swimming with the Majority Owners whilst trying to make out that they are at some odds with them.

Thought the was going to be a new vote on the Trust share sale, that seems to have been shelved for now at least.

It better not be shelved.

Stadium deal agreed on 12:03 - Feb 18 with 1951 viewsJacktheCork

SOunds like some of the board members there illegally need a dose of court action to unseat them from their useful idiot status.
Stadium deal agreed on 12:10 - Feb 18 with 1928 viewsTheResurrection

Lisa, Andrew....

WTF is going on..... ?? .

Communicate with us FFS

I want you both to publicly ask Stu MacDonald to stand down. The Trust is now officially a laughing stock and you two not knowing is neither an excuse I'm afraid.

We've heard all that before, so bloody many times. Make it your priority to know.

Get rid of him.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 12:10 - Feb 18 with 1926 viewsQJumpingJack

Stadium deal agreed on 12:01 - Feb 18 by monmouth

It better not be shelved.

I expect as long as we continue to struggle in the Premier League, both the Americans and The Trust will delay any share discussion/court action until the Summer to avoid any court action damaging performance on the pitch.
It will never be resolved.
Stadium deal agreed on 12:14 - Feb 18 with 1912 viewsmax936

Stadium deal agreed on 12:00 - Feb 18 by monmouth

So leaving aside who knew what and when, which shows the Trust has not reformed itself at all to make its own Governance effective, can we, as Trust members now possibly know if our Supporters Trust (you know the people charged to act on our behalf) actually supports this lease deal wholly or has reservations that it wishes to air (too late now I know - again), agrees the financial viability, the legal protection and that the benefit to the future of the football club is clear.

Or is that too much to ask.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 12:01]

They'll need a meeting to discus this then adjourn said meeting until more information is gained then have another meeting then arrange another meeting to confirm findings then another meeting to finalise those findings then ..................................

Stadium deal agreed on 12:15 - Feb 18 with 1908 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stadium deal agreed on 12:10 - Feb 18 by QJumpingJack

I expect as long as we continue to struggle in the Premier League, both the Americans and The Trust will delay any share discussion/court action until the Summer to avoid any court action damaging performance on the pitch.
It will never be resolved.

I suspect you’re right.

The moment that safety is guaranteed or relegation confirmed the literature should be sent out to Trust members on the new vote.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Stadium deal agreed on 12:16 - Feb 18 with 1904 viewsMoscowJack

This is all quite incredible.

I would like to ask - who decides on whether the whole Board or only certain Board members are told of the details of such important issues.

Having such a significant lease can be a great plan or a huge weight of debt (should we go down) and SURELY taking on the running of a stadium is something that ALL shareholders should vote on.

It's got to a point that the tail is wagging the dog internally now too, which really makes my blood boil.

Finally, shouldn't we at least expect some sort of official announcement from the Trust regarding such an important decision? Surely they can explain (in some detail) why they backed it (as they haven't tried to block it).

I'm naturally suspicious of coincidence but all of these coincidences (mainly around the share sale and now acquisition of stadium lease) makes me even more worried that someone (or two) within the Trust have other interests....or their families do!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Stadium deal agreed on 12:17 - Feb 18 with 1901 viewsmax936

Stadium deal agreed on 12:10 - Feb 18 by TheResurrection

Lisa, Andrew....

WTF is going on..... ?? .

Communicate with us FFS

I want you both to publicly ask Stu MacDonald to stand down. The Trust is now officially a laughing stock and you two not knowing is neither an excuse I'm afraid.

We've heard all that before, so bloody many times. Make it your priority to know.

Get rid of him.

Seems that Lisa and Andrew are being kept out of the loop on some stuff important stuff at that, so its not fair to chuck it all at their feet in fairness.

Stadium deal agreed on 12:19 - Feb 18 with 1895 viewsdonkonky

Stadium deal agreed on 11:51 - Feb 18 by max936

Yep. An up date on the current state of play is needed. I thought the last AGM would have been the catalyst for the share sale vote to be revised and put back to members. Is this issue being put on the back burner in light of the relegation fight ?
Stadium deal agreed on 12:27 - Feb 18 with 1866 viewsMattG

Stadium deal agreed on 12:19 - Feb 18 by donkonky

Yep. An up date on the current state of play is needed. I thought the last AGM would have been the catalyst for the share sale vote to be revised and put back to members. Is this issue being put on the back burner in light of the relegation fight ?

My understanding was that the Trust Board were going to provide an update on the sale this month which will hopefully make for interesting reading.
Stadium deal agreed on 12:29 - Feb 18 with 1859 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 12:15 - Feb 18 by Joe_bradshaw

I suspect you’re right.

The moment that safety is guaranteed or relegation confirmed the literature should be sent out to Trust members on the new vote.

No. Vote now. The timing of any action if voted for can then be determined. Otherwise it will be 'we can't buy players in the summer because of the Trust' and other such shit.

Stadium deal agreed on 12:42 - Feb 18 with 1834 viewswobbly

Stadium deal agreed on 12:29 - Feb 18 by monmouth

No. Vote now. The timing of any action if voted for can then be determined. Otherwise it will be 'we can't buy players in the summer because of the Trust' and other such shit.

Nothing to vote for, Monmouth. Everyone seems to have forgotten that the trust had a deal with the Americans to buy some of the shares, and it was the Americans who then reneged on it. The Americans. THEY pulled out on a deal they had made with US, the supporters.

is actually another example of why the Americans can’t be trusted. And why the sellouts should hang their heads in shame, having destroyed their legacy.

In the meantime, it’s pretty clear that ECB has no idea if, when or whether the trust plans to make any statement, comment or give any opinion whatsoever on the lease of the stadium. And nor does the finance affiliate. No slur on ECB, but the trust is asleep at the wheel.
Stadium deal agreed on 12:45 - Feb 18 with 1821 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 12:42 - Feb 18 by wobbly

Nothing to vote for, Monmouth. Everyone seems to have forgotten that the trust had a deal with the Americans to buy some of the shares, and it was the Americans who then reneged on it. The Americans. THEY pulled out on a deal they had made with US, the supporters.

is actually another example of why the Americans can’t be trusted. And why the sellouts should hang their heads in shame, having destroyed their legacy.

In the meantime, it’s pretty clear that ECB has no idea if, when or whether the trust plans to make any statement, comment or give any opinion whatsoever on the lease of the stadium. And nor does the finance affiliate. No slur on ECB, but the trust is asleep at the wheel.

Literally everything I know about the stadium lease deal is on this thread.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 12:46 - Feb 18 with 1816 viewswobbly

Stadium deal agreed on 12:45 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

Yep, my point. Sadly.
Stadium deal agreed on 12:49 - Feb 18 with 1808 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 12:45 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

ECB and Lisa - did you ask for more information or access to more information re. the stadium lease? Or did you presume that it would be addressed at some point so didn't bother?

I'm not looking to blame either of the two of you....just trying to understand how this has happened.

UX - you seem quiet on this.....were you one of those in the loop or out of it? Could you help us understand the thinking of this please, preferably before we all jump to too many unreasonable conclusions?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Stadium deal agreed on 12:53 - Feb 18 with 1801 viewsJackfath

Why are some board members withholding information from the others? Are they more important? Surely a board needs to be operating on a transparent level with everything above board, if it is not, there is a problem.

Given that the board are there to represent the members, this should be left. Surely those that knew need to explain themselves to the others and if the reasons aren't good enough (I'm not sure what would be), then they should be asked to leave with immediate effect.

Honestly, have these people learned nothing from the events of the recent past?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Stadium deal agreed on 13:25 - Feb 18 with 1740 viewsswancity

Stadium deal agreed on 12:53 - Feb 18 by Jackfath

Why are some board members withholding information from the others? Are they more important? Surely a board needs to be operating on a transparent level with everything above board, if it is not, there is a problem.

Given that the board are there to represent the members, this should be left. Surely those that knew need to explain themselves to the others and if the reasons aren't good enough (I'm not sure what would be), then they should be asked to leave with immediate effect.

Honestly, have these people learned nothing from the events of the recent past?

Is that happening

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024