Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread 01:23 - Apr 11 with 31477 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

N/A. on 17:08 - Apr 14 with 2296 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 22:59]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:08 - Apr 14 with 2294 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 16:51 - Apr 14 by Smellyplumz

We have perfected the art of being exactly where the ball isn't.

Yep. Didn’t fall for us today at all. Had the chance to win that in the 1st half but didn’t take our chances. After going behind a point is a good result but it still feels like 2 points dropped.
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:08 - Apr 14 with 2292 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:03 - Apr 14 by Smellyplumz

Tammy was poor again today for the time he was on the pitch.

Asking too much of him too late maybe.

We don't have anyone who would have made the difference today. A bit toothless in the final third over the 90 minutes.

When you want something too much you tend to snatch at things or don't connect with the ball clearly. I saw various examples of that today.

But we are 1 point better off with a 5 point buffer so keep the faith.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:09 - Apr 14 with 2283 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:02 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

No we don't.

Enlighten?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:12 - Apr 14 with 2243 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:09 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

Enlighten?

4 points against Stoke and Saints will probably be enough, 6 almost certainly.

Anything from the next two is a bonus - a point at Bournemouth would be good, three would be epic.

Edit: Just saw your "THREE POINTS WILL BE ENOUGH" post...
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 17:14]
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:14 - Apr 14 with 2207 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:03 - Apr 14 by londonlisa2001

It's only the bottom three that matter.

Southampton were 2 goals up with 20 mins to go. They lost. We had a point (played really well and could easily have had all three).

We are now 1 point safer than before with 1 less game to play. That's all that matters.

15th, 16th, 17th - this season, to be frank, I couldn't care less. If we stay up, it's miraculous given where we were.

I get the statistical analysis youre putting forward.

I thought we played well today, particularly first half. I enjoyed the game and we created enough chances to win three games.

But we didnt, and thats my beef. We arent taking the opportuities, nor are we getting the points where we really could be.

3 tough games coming up and its entirely possible that when Southampton come knocking that a result for them would see us in the relegation slots with only one game left. My arse is very firmly twitching after today tbh.

At least with teams below us, there are other permutations which can happen and benefit us.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:16 - Apr 14 with 2186 viewsCaptain_Sham

In all likelihood the last two games are going to matter. Its difficult imagining a scenario where we will need to win them. We will need to draw them as both Stoke and Soton will very likely still be below us, even if only marginally. Its going to be shat your pants time. Theres no getting round it I'm afraid.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 17:17]

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:18 - Apr 14 with 2154 viewslonglostjack

I'm missing Dwight and his negativity today. It's become part of my Saturday experience. Hope you're OK Dwight ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:19 - Apr 14 with 2140 viewsmagicdaps10

Personally would have liked it put to bed by now, think it will go to game 37......fingers crossed.

Stoke win monday and we are sweating big style.

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:23 - Apr 14 with 2072 viewsLibertarian

Ok, so we’re 1 point further away from the bottom 3 with 1 less game to play.

Against WBA we had a good opportunity to win and didn’t push for it. At least today we showed more desire to win and until they scored we were looking good.

As others have said, a tough 3 games coming up. I think Chelsea at home is our best shot for points from those 3.

The last 2 games are going to be massive. Let’s hope other results go our way before we get to them.
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:24 - Apr 14 with 2069 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:14 - Apr 14 by PozuelosSideys

I thought we played well today, particularly first half. I enjoyed the game and we created enough chances to win three games.

But we didnt, and thats my beef. We arent taking the opportuities, nor are we getting the points where we really could be.

3 tough games coming up and its entirely possible that when Southampton come knocking that a result for them would see us in the relegation slots with only one game left. My arse is very firmly twitching after today tbh.

At least with teams below us, there are other permutations which can happen and benefit us.

It's not statistical analysis. It's a statement of fact. We are better off tonight than we were this morning.

Obviously it would have been better if we'd won today - that may well have been enough to see us safe to be honest. But it's completely possible we could pick up a point or two against Chelsea / Bournemouth.
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:25 - Apr 14 with 2053 viewsBarryTownSwam

A point today is another point gained. Takes us to 33 points, 5 pts clear (plus a positive goal difference, so in reality 6 pts clear) with one less game to go

WBA are gone so only 2 to worry about. Both Stoke and Soton have a dreadful run-in.

A point v Chelsea and points at B'mouth are possible, takes us to 35 points or more, its then about not losing against Stoke and Soton in our last two games

Keep the faith
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:28 - Apr 14 with 2030 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:19 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

Personally would have liked it put to bed by now, think it will go to game 37......fingers crossed.

Stoke win monday and we are sweating big style.

If Stoke win Monday West Ham have 1 more point than us with a last 5 games against Everton, Leicester, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal. And Stoke will still be 3 points behind us having played a game more.
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:28 - Apr 14 with 2028 viewsmagicdaps10

Dont expect anything with City but if we play the formation today against Chelsea and Bmouth, be positive and I think we could pick up 2 points minimum.

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:30 - Apr 14 with 2018 viewsCaptain_Sham

4 draws and we stay up.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:40 - Apr 14 with 1921 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:14 - Apr 14 by PozuelosSideys

There shouldn’t be any beef. This squad can’t give more than that. The effort was there but we lack quality, and we all know that. Can’t fault the effort (unlike last week) and like you say we got in enough good positions to win that easily. It just shows where we’re at with the squad, and a bit of bad luck with injuries.

Carlos needs better support in the summer.
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:48 - Apr 14 with 1856 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:28 - Apr 14 by londonlisa2001

If Stoke win Monday West Ham have 1 more point than us with a last 5 games against Everton, Leicester, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal. And Stoke will still be 3 points behind us having played a game more.

If Stoke win on Monday, West Ham will implode.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:53 - Apr 14 with 1797 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:18 - Apr 14 by longlostjack

I'm missing Dwight and his negativity today. It's become part of my Saturday experience. Hope you're OK Dwight ?

I was at the match. I thought we played well and deserved to win.

There were a number of players who I thought were very poor (Dyer and Naughton) and one who I thought was a disgrace and shouldn't play again this season (Narsingh).

Numerous times they would attack down their left, with Bolasie and Baines overlapping each other whilst Narsingh walked about near the halfway line. Often Baines would sprint right past Narsingh on his way forward and Narsingh would jog back leaving Naughton facing a 2v1.

He is a disgrace and I hope he is criticised heavily by the coaching team.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:54 - Apr 14 with 1796 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 16:59 - Apr 14 by PozuelosSideys

At least we had a bit of breathing space and there were teams between us and relegation spots. Now there arent.

Unless my maths are out we’ve increased the margin between us and 17th after today’s round of fixtures?
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:54 - Apr 14 with 1785 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:54 - Apr 14 by costalotta

Unless my maths are out we’ve increased the margin between us and 17th after today’s round of fixtures?

Like I said, dudes tripping.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:58 - Apr 14 with 1759 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:53 - Apr 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There were a number of players who I thought were very poor (Dyer and Naughton) and one who I thought was a disgrace and shouldn't play again this season (Narsingh).

Numerous times they would attack down their left, with Bolasie and Baines overlapping each other whilst Narsingh walked about near the halfway line. Often Baines would sprint right past Narsingh on his way forward and Narsingh would jog back leaving Naughton facing a 2v1.

I'm afraid I agree with you Dwight.

Him, Dyer and Routledge can start packing as far as I'm concerned.
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:59 - Apr 14 with 1744 viewstrinityann

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:53 - Apr 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Narsingh was pretty lively going forward though despite his defensive failures.
The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 18:05 - Apr 14 with 1712 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:25 - Apr 14 by BarryTownSwam

A point today is another point gained. Takes us to 33 points, 5 pts clear (plus a positive goal difference, so in reality 6 pts clear) with one less game to go

WBA are gone so only 2 to worry about. Both Stoke and Soton have a dreadful run-in.

A point v Chelsea and points at B'mouth are possible, takes us to 35 points or more, its then about not losing against Stoke and Soton in our last two games

Keep the faith

We had enough chances to have been out of sight 1st half, they virtually had that one chance, Narsingh and Carrol both looked to pass instead of going for it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 18:05 - Apr 14 with 1704 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 17:59 - Apr 14 by trinityann

Narsingh was pretty lively going forward though despite his defensive failures.

Really? His only quality is his speed yet he struggled to get past 33 year old Leighton Baines until he was taken off.

Attacking wise he offers more than Routledge or Dyer but he is a huge liability defensively, especially when the full back he plays ahead of is already so poor (Naughton).

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 18:11 - Apr 14 with 1667 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City Vs Everton FC Match Thread on 18:05 - Apr 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Really? His only quality is his speed yet he struggled to get past 33 year old Leighton Baines until he was taken off.

Attacking wise he offers more than Routledge or Dyer but he is a huge liability defensively, especially when the full back he plays ahead of is already so poor (Naughton).

He hasn’t played for weeks ffs, lm critical of today’s game but to pick on Narsingh is a fuking joke Dwight.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024