Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 116792 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 09:19 - May 27 with 3336 viewsWark

Local paper today:
(google translate with lots of corrections)

Potters on Swansea's interest and the love of ÖFK: "Sensitive and nostalgic"

Daniel Kindberg has given Swansea permission to talk with Graham Potter.
In a long interview, the ÖFK coach tells about his feelings of the season so far, the future of the club and what attracts Swansea City.
"They want to regain their identity and build something for the future," said Potter.

Last week, everything has been about Graham Potter and the recently relegated Premier League club Swansea City.

Several reputable newspapers have reported on the Welsh club's interest, pointing out ÖFK's coach as the main candidate to take over as a new manager.

Potter and Daniel Kindberg have so far kept the lid on, but after the 2-0 victory against Häcken and heading into the World Cup break, Kindberg held an extra press conference where he announced that Swansea was allowed to contact Potter.

Huw Jenkins, a Swansea representative, called me last night and asked me if he could approach Graham for a talk - and I have granted permission, he said.

However, this should not be interpreted as Potter being lost for ÖFK this summer.

"This does not mean Graham leaves, we're not there," said Kindberg.

When the ÖP Sport sits down with the protagonist himself, he talks about his feelings of what may have been his last match as coach of Östersunds FK.

- One reflects back in seven years. I came to this club when it was in the fourth division and nobody really liked it. Not even the people here in Östersund. So when you think where we are now and where we were then, it will be obviously emotional and nostalgic to look back and feel proud.

Throughout the interview, he repeatedly points out how much he likes to be part of the club; to work with the players and the team. Being proud and at peace with his life right now.

Despite the setbacks and controversy around ÖFK this spring he has always felt pride in his work.

In order for him to move it takes a real challenge.

- Yes absolutely. All parts must fit in. There are many jobs in football but you have to be careful how to choose them. It is about the right time, the right kind of project and the right place.

The question everyone now ask is about the Welsh coastal town of Swansea and "the Swans" is right in the time of the 43-year-old. He confirms that he was talking to representatives of the club. More than that he doesn't want to go into today.

- I do not want to repeat it (what said) right now. They have contacted me and told about their project.

He still allows himself to paint with a broad brush and describes how he views the club.

"It's a former Premier League club that wants to return. They want to regain their identity and build something for the future. They have a fantastic fan base with passionate supporters. There is nothing more to say than it is a big football club.

That is largely what he said to his players at the Jämtkraft Arena as well, where he dutifully tried to prepare the team for each individual match.

- The players know the situation that there's an interest and that I've been approached. But I have told them that they need a nice break.

With three straight victories and a draw against league leaders AIK, ÖFK has resurrected after the tough start that made lots of negative headlines.

"I'm proud of them because they've responded well to the adversities that have been this spring. It has been an interesting spring season when we needed to handle both external and internal expectations as a result of the success of the Europa Leaguet. When we did not get the start we had hoped for, there were a lot of things we went through in a good way and ended strongly by being six in the league, not far behind the top three.

If you would leave - does it feel important to come back from the busy spring, where the headlines have not been so flattering for Östersund?

"It will be a bit of a hypothetical question. Again, it is a process of the club's establishment in the highest league. This is only our third season in Allsvenskan and if you look back at all the interviews that I have done, I've always said that's exactly what it's all about. Now we are in a position where the club can build on, is financially secure and has a well-playing team.

At the same time, Östersund's FK is facing a major trial this summer. Daniel Kindberg says that evening that you will not stand in the way of a possible sale of Ken Sema and Saman Ghoddos - if the right bid comes. But already, FC Copenhagen has agreed on a transition to ÖFK's third big star: the defender Sotirios Papagiannopoulos.

The feeling this evening is, however, that an era may have ended. With "Sotte" to Copenhagen, two other stars who want to go on in their careers and a coach on their way to something bigger, you can't deny that ÖFK is a club in transition.

- That's exciting. You know that the club will get money for them, which makes it possible to grow. One has to understand that there is a hierarchy. We do not have to give in to it, but I think it's the right thing to do. That's what's best for the players, for the club. You can look at it in a broader perspective. From David Accam to Rasmus Lindkvist, to Modou Barrow, to Alex Dyer, to Fouad Bachirou.

- Players come and go and that's how it is. Then the challenge for the club will be to find replacements and continue to evolve.

Even though it is awaiting negotiations between Potter, ÖFK and Swansea, he still has a finger in the game when it comes to player recruitment. The plans are there and the club will continue to work with the same method as before.

Exactly what awaits the next few weeks remains to be seen. One thing, however, is booked and ready.

- I'll have some vacation. Taking the family away for some sun.

Where will it be?

- My wife booked. It will be two weeks in New York.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 9:22]
Graham Potter on 09:31 - May 27 with 3271 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 09:19 - May 27 by Wark

Local paper today:

In a long interview, the ÖFK coach tells about his feelings of the season so far, the future of the club and what attracts Swansea City.
"They want to regain their identity and build something for the future," said Potter.

Last week, everything has been about Graham Potter and the recently relegated Premier League club Swansea City.

Several reputable newspapers have reported on the Welsh club's interest, pointing out ÖFK's coach as the main candidate to take over as a new manager.

Potter and Daniel Kindberg have so far kept the lid on, but after the 2-0 victory against Häcken and heading into the World Cup break, Kindberg held an extra press conference where he announced that Swansea was allowed to contact Potter.

Huw Jenkins, a Swansea representative, called me last night and asked me if he could approach Graham for a talk - and I have granted permission, he said.

However, this should not be interpreted as Potter being lost for ÖFK this summer.

When the ÖP Sport sits down with the protagonist himself, he talks about his feelings of what may have been his last match as coach of Östersunds FK.

- One reflects back in seven years. I came to this club when it was in the fourth division and nobody really liked it. Not even the people here in Östersund. So when you think where we are now and where we were then, it will be obviously emotional and nostalgic to look back and feel proud.

Throughout the interview, he repeatedly points out how much he likes to be part of the club; to work with the players and the team. Being proud and at peace with his life right now.

Despite the setbacks and controversy around ÖFK this spring he has always felt pride in his work.

- Yes absolutely. All parts must fit in. There are many jobs in football but you have to be careful how to choose them. It is about the right time, the right kind of project and the right place.

The question everyone now ask is about the Welsh coastal town of Swansea and "the Swans" is right in the time of the 43-year-old. He confirms that he was talking to representatives of the club. More than that he doesn't want to go into today.

- I do not want to repeat it (what said) right now. They have contacted me and told about their project.

He still allows himself to paint with a broad brush and describes how he views the club.

"It's a former Premier League club that wants to return. They want to regain their identity and build something for the future. They have a fantastic fan base with passionate supporters. There is nothing more to say than it is a big football club.

That is largely what he said to his players at the Jämtkraft Arena as well, where he dutifully tried to prepare the team for each individual match.

- The players know the situation that there's an interest and that I've been approached. But I have told them that they need a nice break.

With three straight victories and a draw against league leaders AIK, ÖFK has resurrected after the tough start that made lots of negative headlines.

"I'm proud of them because they've responded well to the adversities that have been this spring. It has been an interesting spring season when we needed to handle both external and internal expectations as a result of the success of the Europa Leaguet. When we did not get the start we had hoped for, there were a lot of things we went through in a good way and ended strongly by being six in the league, not far behind the top three.

If you would leave - does it feel important to come back from the busy spring, where the headlines have not been so flattering for Östersund?

"It will be a bit of a hypothetical question. Again, it is a process of the club's establishment in the highest league. This is only our third season in Allsvenskan and if you look back at all the interviews that I have done, I've always said that's exactly what it's all about. Now we are in a position where the club can build on, is financially secure and has a well-playing team.

At the same time, Östersund's FK is facing a major trial this summer. Daniel Kindberg says that evening that you will not stand in the way of a possible sale of Ken Sema and Saman Ghoddos - if the right bid comes. But already, FC Copenhagen has agreed on a transition to ÖFK's third big star: the defender Sotirios Papagiannopoulos.

The feeling this evening is, however, that an era may have ended. With "Sotte" to Copenhagen, two other stars who want to go on in their careers and a coach on their way to something bigger, you can't deny that ÖFK is a club in transition.

- That's exciting. You know that the club will get money for them, which makes it possible to grow. One has to understand that there is a hierarchy. We do not have to give in to it, but I think it's the right thing to do. That's what's best for the players, for the club. You can look at it in a broader perspective. From David Accam to Rasmus Lindkvist, to Modou Barrow, to Alex Dyer, to Fouad Bachirou.

- Players come and go and that's how it is. Then the challenge for the club will be to find replacements and continue to evolve.

Even though it is awaiting negotiations between Potter, ÖFK and Swansea, he still has a finger in the game when it comes to player recruitment. The plans are there and the club will continue to work with the same method as before.

Exactly what awaits the next few weeks remains to be seen. One thing, however, is booked and ready.

Where will it be?

Thanks for the update that's interesting especially the 2 weeks in New York bit.
Not sure we can afford to wait 2 weeks.
Huw won't rush though not like it's as important as selling the club for personal gain or anything.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Graham Potter on 09:33 - May 27 with 3259 viewsomarjack

Graham Potter on 09:19 - May 27 by Wark

Local paper today:

Where will it be?

So..2 weeks in NYC..another week until negotiations conclude and official appointment.

By then the World Cup would have started..after the WC we'll only have 2 weeks to prepare for the new season+purchase players that we couldn't yet due to their engagement in the World Cup (Ghoddos for example is going to Russia with Iran)

Slow.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Graham Potter on 09:47 - May 27 with 3197 viewsLoyal

Graham Potter on 09:33 - May 27 by omarjack

So..2 weeks in NYC..another week until negotiations conclude and official appointment.

By then the World Cup would have started..after the WC we'll only have 2 weeks to prepare for the new season+purchase players that we couldn't yet due to their engagement in the World Cup (Ghoddos for example is going to Russia with Iran)

Slow.

And whilst lazy Jenkins does his usual the others appoint, recruit and plan.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Graham Potter on 09:56 - May 27 with 3148 viewsdonkonky

Graham Potter on 09:33 - May 27 by omarjack

Slow.

Surely we can’t wait 2 weeks only to be told he doesn’t fancy the challenge. Maybe meeting up with owners / Jenkins is America to finalise move?
Graham Potter on 09:57 - May 27 with 3144 viewsThornburyswan

Graham Potter on 09:31 - May 27 by thornabyswan

Thanks for the update that's interesting especially the 2 weeks in New York bit.
Not sure we can afford to wait 2 weeks.
Huw won't rush though not like it's as important as selling the club for personal gain or anything.

Agreed not ideal but negotiations can still progress with both him & his people plus IF he is the right guy we can wait 2 weeks.
Graham Potter on 10:08 - May 27 with 3082 viewsLoyal

I genuinely give up.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Graham Potter on 10:09 - May 27 with 3074 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 09:56 - May 27 by donkonky

Surely we can’t wait 2 weeks only to be told he doesn’t fancy the challenge. Maybe meeting up with owners / Jenkins is America to finalise move?

What he says and what he does may not be the same though.
I still think terms will be agreed next week.
Potter will give Huw a list of targets and assess our squad whilst on holiday not that many of them will still be with us come the start of next season.
If it is going to take 2 or 3 weeks to finalise that shows a lack of commitment on Potters part and we need to find someone else.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 10:28 - May 27 with 2972 viewsDr_Winston

I doubt Jenkins is rushing him either. Huw's got form for doing f*ckall in early summer. Used to piss off on holiday as soon as the transfer window opened, which was oddly defended on here at the time.

How things change.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Graham Potter on 10:35 - May 27 with 2931 viewsdonkonky

Graham Potter on 10:28 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

I doubt Jenkins is rushing him either. Huw's got form for doing f*ckall in early summer. Used to piss off on holiday as soon as the transfer window opened, which was oddly defended on here at the time.

How things change.

Totally new ball game here.. Isn’t this the first time since Martinez at Chester where we will attempt to get a manager who’s still got a contract with another club? Potter seems to be holding all the aces on this one. Hope Jenkins knows what he’s doing....needs all his luck to pull this one off.
Graham Potter on 11:03 - May 27 with 2827 viewsymaohyd

Graham Potter on 10:08 - May 27 by Loyal

I genuinely give up.

Yes, me too.

It just gets worse, doesn't it.

Carvahal situation, now this.

Relegation didn't bother me one bit. Excited about the chance to turn the club around, new young coach etc.

Not to dwell on the sale to the Americans and the merits or otherwise of Jenkins and the board.

But...they made some excellent decisions (Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup) , however never had the foresight to reshape the structure of the club to cope with the demands of the PL and we ultimately paid the price.

Awful recruitment policy, taking an age to get signings over the line is old news now. Move on and learn from it.

To be making the same mistakes again though....i could honestly bloody cry.

West Brom, Stoke ...managers sorted.

Swansea City, dicking around at a time that the club faces its biggest ever challenge in terms of rebuilding.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Graham Potter on 11:15 - May 27 with 2791 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter on 08:54 - May 27 by keith_gatebroth

Swans managerial vacancy -
Potter announces he’s going on vacation!
Carvalhal drove overnight from Sheffield and took training the next morning in his eagerness to take over the reins at Swansea.
Disrespectful, move on to someone who has enthusiasm for the job.

Carvalhal had players available to train when he did that. Our squad is all on holiday or off with international sides.
Graham Potter on 11:20 - May 27 with 2774 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 11:15 - May 27 by jasper_T

Carvalhal had players available to train when he did that. Our squad is all on holiday or off with international sides.

Yes but we do have a slight rebuilding job on our hands.
What with anything from.10 to 15 players expected to leave.
Also the transfer window closes 3 weeks earlier this summer.
But your right just chill and enjoy the nice weather.

Graham Potter on 11:47 - May 27 with 2665 viewsWhiterockin

Graham Potter on 11:15 - May 27 by jasper_T

As a matter of interest does anyone know when the players report back apart from those on International duty. Doesn't seem to be much movement in the transfer market with other clubs at the moment. So possibly 2 weeks is not to long to wait if Potter is the right man and he accepts.
Graham Potter on 12:10 - May 27 with 2555 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 10:28 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

How things change.

The worry for me is Wark's report from his Loval paper of the 27th May. The Chairman states that Jenkins contacted him 'yesterday' for permission to speak to Potter.
Unless we have been tapping up behind the club's back then it would suggest that any negotiations are at a very early stage.
All the vibes coming from Potter suggest he is very happy at the club he is with. The fact he is off on holiday suggests he may not be fully on board.
I would not be surprised to see us having to look elswhere resulting in more dithering and delay.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Graham Potter on 12:23 - May 27 with 2490 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Graham Potter on 12:10 - May 27 by Private_Partz

The worry for me is Wark's report from his Loval paper of the 27th May. The Chairman states that Jenkins contacted him 'yesterday' for permission to speak to Potter.
Unless we have been tapping up behind the club's back then it would suggest that any negotiations are at a very early stage.
All the vibes coming from Potter suggest he is very happy at the club he is with. The fact he is off on holiday suggests he may not be fully on board.
I would not be surprised to see us having to look elswhere resulting in more dithering and delay.

if he doesn't snap our hands off he's got his doubts. And he's not the only one.
Jenkins, after all his deserved criticism doesn't seem to be getting the message.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Graham Potter on 12:35 - May 27 with 2427 viewsmonmouth

Graham Potter on 12:23 - May 27 by Brynmill_Jack

if he doesn't snap our hands off he's got his doubts. And he's not the only one.
Jenkins, after all his deserved criticism doesn't seem to be getting the message.

Am I the only one reading this as a done deal then?

Read that newspaper report again, and a holiday in America that he is at pains to point out ‘his wife booked’. I’d be very surprised if he’s not already our new manager.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Graham Potter on 12:35 - May 27 with 2426 viewsomarjack

This is starting to look dead to me.

Moving at a snail pace,minimum 2 weeks delay (meanwhile Stoke and WBA have already started preparations for the next season)..delayed incomings and outgoings..shambolic management and planning.

Swansea are hardly an exciting prospect for him with those muppets in charge and I can't blame him.

Coleman it is then..It'll suit him well as he's used to clusterf*cked environments.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 12:38]

Graham Potter on 12:39 - May 27 with 2400 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 12:35 - May 27 by monmouth

Read that newspaper report again, and a holiday in America that he is at pains to point out ‘his wife booked’. I’d be very surprised if he’s not already our new manager.

I don't want no hen pecked wimp as our manager ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Graham Potter on 12:39 - May 27 with 2394 viewsomarjack

Graham Potter on 12:35 - May 27 by monmouth

I don't get your reasons to be optimistic.

Graham Potter on 12:40 - May 27 with 2387 viewspencoedjack

Graham Potter on 12:23 - May 27 by Brynmill_Jack

This ^

A relatively unknown manager seems to be dithering on taking up a job with us.

Jenkins probably trying to save on a couple of weeks wages.
Graham Potter on 12:44 - May 27 with 2365 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter on 12:10 - May 27 by Private_Partz

Of course we've tapped him up. No one asks a club for permission to speak to their manager unless they already know he's interested.
Graham Potter on 12:47 - May 27 with 2350 viewsdonkonky

Graham Potter on 12:39 - May 27 by omarjack

I don't get your reasons to be optimistic.

Reckon it’s a done deal. If he has such a bond with his current employees he surely wouldn’t leave them in the shit going into the second half of their season. I mean messing them around for two weeks when they will need to get their new man in as well.
Graham Potter on 12:57 - May 27 with 2292 viewsomarjack

Graham Potter on 12:47 - May 27 by donkonky

Reckon it’s a done deal. If he has such a bond with his current employees he surely wouldn’t leave them in the shit going into the second half of their season. I mean messing them around for two weeks when they will need to get their new man in as well.

We could say the same thing about us though..should we wait for him for 2 weeks so he can tell us he thought about it and decided to decline..and stay with Ostersunds..leaving us all in a rush to identify a replacement.

I don't like his bullsh!t..he's either very indecisive which is really bad for a manager..or he's kind of a d!ck.

Graham Potter on 13:16 - May 27 with 2209 viewsgazza_1234

Potter's wife is ready to move.

http://http//www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44111956
Yet being married to a football manager means another upheaval could be just around the corner - as Graham's success means he is being eyed up by prospective suitors.

Rachel, 41, says: "We're both up for a new challenge. We like to take risks.

"For some other people it might totally freak them out, but for us it's just a bit exciting."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024