Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? 15:57 - May 23 with 7506 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

France Camping - couple of days on DDay beaches, sun and sand at Cote Sauvage, Bordeaux and the vineyards around St.Emillion.

Should be a cracker!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 12:47 - May 25 with 2574 viewsjacktheripper

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 13:58 - May 24 by Professor

My mother lives in Tenerife and it was 40 plus two years ago-painful. Love going out in the early spring or autumn-just extends a summer feeling.

That said its Disneyworld this year.

Last big holiday before the kids are too old to want to go with us.

Worth visiting Busch Gardens down in Tampa. If you're into rollercoasters this is the best park there by far.
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 23:46 - May 26 with 2469 viewsTNT

Prob south of France...

...but also looking for somewhere in West Wales, that will let our dog come with us. If anyone can recommend somewhere (near Newport Sands if poss), that would be very much appreciated...especially by my dog, Jac!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 06:36 - May 27 with 2439 viewspeenemunde

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 20:30 - May 23 by pikeypaul

When the kids are back in school in September it will be somewhere within the EU since it will be our last holiday abroad whilst we are a member of it and will be nice for old times sake.

310 AFLI

SIUYRL

But taking the grandson down to Portleven in August.

USA 🇺🇸 for me, couldn’t bring myself to spend any of my money in any eu country.
4 weeks in New York, flying out the day after my daughters finish for the summer.
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 06:42 - May 27 with 2436 viewssquarebear

New York in July/August? That’s brutal. Hope there’s a breeze for you to enjoy.
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 07:33 - May 27 with 2423 viewsbermudajack

Had a week 8n Rome in Feb
Two weeks in Barcelona at the mid- end of June on my own through work
British Grand Prix - silverstone early July
Washing DC straight after - staying on Capitol Hill
Flying straight from there to Toulouse (Frontenac) for a final week

I’m gonna be knackered 😁👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 08:20 - May 27 with 2409 viewsstevethejack

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 16:39 - May 24 by blaenaugwentjack

Would love to check out cuba.

Awesome place - 2 years ago spent 11 days travelling around and 3 days all inclusive to chill out.

Currently in New Zealand, been here a week, 5 more weeks left to explore as much as possible.
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 10:15 - May 27 with 2379 viewsBLAZE

Thanks for all the advice. Ended up booking Bulgaria as it ticked the most boxes and TUI had a deal on which made it the cheapest option too. Couple of miles outside of Sunny Beach, 4* hotel built in 2017

I look forward to being told I've made a massive mistake
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 12:47 - May 27 with 2353 viewsdameedna

Last year Uk and France.

This year Florida Trinidad Tobago Los Angeles.
Login to get fewer ads

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 13:45 - May 27 with 2339 viewsWxmJax

Gone from having no holidays to this year having already been to London, Dubai and the Outer Hebrides with trips to Venice and New York still to come and I haven't even been down for a rissole and a Joe's yet.
If anyone is looking at France, Brittany is superb around Perros Guirec and if anywhere near Bordeaux you have to visit the Dunes de Pilat. Mind you it's knackering climbing to the top.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 13:54 - May 27 with 2335 viewsWxmJax

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 16:44 - May 23 by Legend83

Our first year doing the EuroCamp thing with the 3 nippers.

Driving down and having one night to break up the journey in a gite in Graignes, Normandy.

Then drive down to La Garangoire just East of La Rochelle, staying in the grounds of a big chateau for 10 days.

Can't wait!

For anyone going to the west coast of France, I highly recommend a trip to Puy du Fou. It's a theme park with no rides, just shows celebrating the history of the area from Roman times. The Ben Hur show was good but I loved the bird show. It's an all day event finishing around 11pm. Just make sure you take a cushion.

You'd be mad to miss this.

http://www.puydufou.com/en

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 22:11 - May 27 with 2277 viewsmajorraglan

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 08:20 - May 27 by stevethejack

Awesome place - 2 years ago spent 11 days travelling around and 3 days all inclusive to chill out.

Currently in New Zealand, been here a week, 5 more weeks left to explore as much as possible.

New Zealand is a great place to visit. If you go to Rotorua, make sure you go up the sky lift and go on the luge, it’s awesome. Have a couple of races down against your nearest and dearest or mates and you won’t regret it. The faster you go the more fun you’ll have. Have a look at some of the reviews.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g255111-d257425-Reviews-Skyline_

If the weather is good, it’s worth doing the Tongariro Crossing walk over the Volcanoes, but it may not be possible this time of the year.

If you are going to the South Island and have the time, go on the Picton Ferry, it’s a really nice 4 hour crossing through some fabulous scenary.
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 22:41 - May 27 with 2256 viewsAguycalledJack

Torquay for a few days in July for me and Mrs. jack.
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 22:41 - May 27 with 2256 viewsstevethejack

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 22:11 - May 27 by majorraglan

New Zealand is a great place to visit. If you go to Rotorua, make sure you go up the sky lift and go on the luge, it’s awesome. Have a couple of races down against your nearest and dearest or mates and you won’t regret it. The faster you go the more fun you’ll have. Have a look at some of the reviews.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g255111-d257425-Reviews-Skyline_

If the weather is good, it’s worth doing the Tongariro Crossing walk over the Volcanoes, but it may not be possible this time of the year.

If you are going to the South Island and have the time, go on the Picton Ferry, it’s a really nice 4 hour crossing through some fabulous scenary.

Cheers for the advice.

Been to NZ before, Mrs hasn't. Tongariro crossing doable but Mrs won't be able to. Think I pushed it with us doing abseiling, black water rafting and rock climbing through Waitomo caves. Tongariro is just a step too far. Rotorua is cultural stuff for us. May do the luge when in Queenstown. Got a Heli hike planned for Franz Josef Glacier, whale watching in Kaikoura along with other bits and bobs. Been a long time putting it together and make the most of it.
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 22:44 - May 27 with 2249 viewsJoe_bradshaw

A week in Cornwall with the grandchildren in August and to recover from that 2 weeks in Mexico visiting Aztec and Mayan temples followed by 2 more in Texas in September.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 22:51 - May 27 with 2243 viewsmajorraglan

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 22:41 - May 27 by stevethejack

Cheers for the advice.

Been to NZ before, Mrs hasn't. Tongariro crossing doable but Mrs won't be able to. Think I pushed it with us doing abseiling, black water rafting and rock climbing through Waitomo caves. Tongariro is just a step too far. Rotorua is cultural stuff for us. May do the luge when in Queenstown. Got a Heli hike planned for Franz Josef Glacier, whale watching in Kaikoura along with other bits and bobs. Been a long time putting it together and make the most of it.

Heli Hike in Franz Josef is good, the night sky there was awesome as you could really see the Milky Way due to the lack of light pollution. Whale watching is good as was the swimming with wild dolphins in Kaikoura. They basically are you a few miles off shore, let you snorkel and encourage you to make really stupid noises and the dolphins will come up and swim around you.

Great place. Enjoy.
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 04:34 - May 28 with 2193 viewsdameedna

New Zealand. Mount muanganui is worth it on north island. Not too far from auckland and hobbit land.

The north west coast of the north island above auckland is good. Surfing immense. Begins with letter P. Nine foot swell and go with a local. Dont go swimming. Scenery superb and roads narrow.

Ps Milford Sound is a good option.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 4:36]
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 10:33 - May 28 with 2116 viewsProfessor

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 12:47 - May 25 by jacktheripper

Worth visiting Busch Gardens down in Tampa. If you're into rollercoasters this is the best park there by far.

Thanks.

We went to Florida 5 years ago and tried to do too much. Staying at one of the Disney properties so avoiding having to drive ( I can’t deal with automatics) and we had a bump last time ( not our fault) plus the cost of parking. The boy and I are going to Kennedy Space Center by coach and we will use Uber for a shopping trip or two. Add to that I don’t actually like the rides. Bad experience in Aberavon as a toddler in 1970 has put me off for life. Looking forward to it though eye-wateringly expensive. Paid for by having no real break last year and doing a load of consultancy work instead
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 16:41 - May 29 with 2029 viewskarnataka

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 21:50 - May 23 by jack_lord

Salou though Tarragona is round the corner if you want a bit of culture

Me & the Mrs stayed in Salou for a few days in March and visited Tarragona but we thought Sitges was nicer, just further up the coast towards Barca.

Did a bit of a road trip in Portugal & Southern Spain in March and I'm off to Central Spain (Extremadura) a week on Saturday for a week and might go to Shetlands again in July before the schools break up, loved it up there last year but was very lucky with the weather which more often isn't the case.

Then me & the missus going somewhere in both September & October but haven't decided where yet, shortlist so far is any 2 from Girona, Venice, Tuscany & Sicily.
[Post edited 29 May 2018 17:33]
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 17:22 - May 29 with 2006 viewsEbo

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 10:15 - May 27 by BLAZE

Thanks for all the advice. Ended up booking Bulgaria as it ticked the most boxes and TUI had a deal on which made it the cheapest option too. Couple of miles outside of Sunny Beach, 4* hotel built in 2017

I look forward to being told I've made a massive mistake

When the tourist trade started taking off in Bulgaria a 4* hotel was basically a panic room sized apartment where you could boil the kettle and piss in the bog at the same time.

It's a lot different now (I'm told).

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 17:58 - May 29 with 1978 viewsWxmJax

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 16:41 - May 29 by karnataka

Me & the Mrs stayed in Salou for a few days in March and visited Tarragona but we thought Sitges was nicer, just further up the coast towards Barca.

Did a bit of a road trip in Portugal & Southern Spain in March and I'm off to Central Spain (Extremadura) a week on Saturday for a week and might go to Shetlands again in July before the schools break up, loved it up there last year but was very lucky with the weather which more often isn't the case.

Then me & the missus going somewhere in both September & October but haven't decided where yet, shortlist so far is any 2 from Girona, Venice, Tuscany & Sicily.

If you go to Venice and you like being on the water, don't discount staying on Lido de Venice. You're away from the hustle and bustle, it's only 10 minutes by vaporetto to St.Marks square (30€ for a 72 hour transport pass)

you get to have a view from your room like this

you get to arrive every time at St.Marks Square like this

and as it's the start of the route you get the best seats for The Grand Canal. Think we did it about 3 times.

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 18:29 - May 29 with 1963 viewsTNT

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 16:41 - May 29 by karnataka

Done Venice and Sicily - nice, but Tuscany really does it for me.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 18:56 - May 29 with 1956 viewskarnataka

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 17:58 - May 29 by WxmJax

If you go to Venice and you like being on the water, don't discount staying on Lido de Venice. You're away from the hustle and bustle, it's only 10 minutes by vaporetto to St.Marks square (30€ for a 72 hour transport pass)

you get to have a view from your room like this

you get to arrive every time at St.Marks Square like this

and as it's the start of the route you get the best seats for The Grand Canal. Think we did it about 3 times.

Thanks for the tips. We did Venice in 2016 but would like to go back for longer. We stayed on the shores of Lake Garda that time and went into Venice by train but we haven't got any plans yet.
2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 18:59 - May 29 with 1952 viewskarnataka

2018 Holijobs - What are you doing? on 18:29 - May 29 by TNT

Done Venice and Sicily - nice, but Tuscany really does it for me.

Well, if my wife gets her way (and of course she always does!), Tuscany will definitely be top of the list!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024