Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke red card overturned 18:53 - Apr 11 with 7087 viewssherpajacob

First sending off overturned because it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

I haven't seen a,replay but from my view in the south stand, if he's not brought down, Dan is clean through on goal. No one is catching him.

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/bruno-red-rescinded
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 18:59]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Stoke red card overturned on 19:00 - Apr 11 with 5390 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Awwww I’m really bummed out for them

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stoke red card overturned on 19:02 - Apr 11 with 5383 viewsBadlands

Had they stayed at 11 players we might have kept our concentration higher and scored more.
Have to say I thought it was a red.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Stoke red card overturned on 19:08 - Apr 11 with 5359 viewsGowerjack

Stoke red card overturned on 19:02 - Apr 11 by Badlands

Had they stayed at 11 players we might have kept our concentration higher and scored more.

Red card every day.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stoke red card overturned on 19:12 - Apr 11 with 5336 viewssherpajacob

Remember Fabianski at West ham. That was appealed but not overturned.

The one on Tuesday was far more obviously a goal scoring opportunity denied.

Stoke red card overturned on 19:19 - Apr 11 with 5309 viewsjackal

Strange call. Red card all day long for me.

Having said that, I couldn't give a toss.
Stoke red card overturned on 19:27 - Apr 11 with 5276 viewsDr_Winston

Stoke red card overturned on 19:02 - Apr 11 by Badlands

Not a case of concentration. Stoke sat deeper (and deeper) thus giving our previously rampant wide players less space to work in. We're not at the point where we can consistently unlock defences from other areas (yet) so we had less of an impact.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stoke red card overturned on 19:30 - Apr 11 with 5264 viewskarnataka

Stoke red card overturned on 19:19 - Apr 11 by jackal

Strange call. Red card all day long for me.

Having said that, I couldn't give a toss.

Agree on both points.
Stoke red card overturned on 19:47 - Apr 11 with 5220 viewsItchySphincter

The ref was a sh!t house and should have red carded their number 8 in the first half. That red was a yellow all day long but the ref shit out so many times he had no choice but to send one of them off in the end. The other sending off was fair and they were lucky to end with nine.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke red card overturned on 20:33 - Apr 11 with 5099 viewsCooperman

Stoke red card overturned on 19:47 - Apr 11 by ItchySphincter

The ref was a sh!t house and should have red carded their number 8 in the first half. That red was a yellow all day long but the ref shit out so many times he had no choice but to send one of them off in the end. The other sending off was fair and they were lucky to end with nine.

He was the last defender so the ref had to give out the red.

Their #8 also provided the comedy moment of the night by arguing with his team mate. Each wave of his arm was met with a more voiciferous cheer from us until he finally gave up and was met with groans.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Stoke red card overturned on 20:42 - Apr 11 with 5071 viewsPegojack

Saw the incident on the highlights where Dyer was through in the area and taken out. No attempt whatsoever by the defender to play the ball, just barge Nathan over to stop his shot. Penalty all day long.
Stoke red card overturned on 20:45 - Apr 11 with 5062 viewspencoedjack

Having seen the highlights was never a red
Stoke red card overturned on 20:55 - Apr 11 with 5026 viewskarnataka

Stoke red card overturned on 20:42 - Apr 11 by Pegojack

Saw the incident on the highlights where Dyer was through in the area and taken out. No attempt whatsoever by the defender to play the ball, just barge Nathan over to stop his shot. Penalty all day long.

100% Mikey
Stoke red card overturned on 21:23 - Apr 11 with 4919 viewsJonathans_coat

Stoke red card overturned on 20:42 - Apr 11 by Pegojack

Penalty and Red card may I add.
Stoke red card overturned on 22:18 - Apr 11 with 4759 viewsJacket

Stoke red card overturned on 19:47 - Apr 11 by ItchySphincter

To be fair, I think he gave James more protection than most refs in this division have. Plenty of the duffers they've got in this League would have allowed them to finish with 11.
Stoke red card overturned on 22:19 - Apr 11 with 4752 viewsjasper_T

Stoke red card overturned on 20:33 - Apr 11 by Cooperman

He was the last defender so the ref had to give out the red.

Their #8 also provided the comedy moment of the night by arguing with his team mate. Each wave of his arm was met with a more voiciferous cheer from us until he finally gave up and was met with groans.

"Last man" isn't an actual rule.
Stoke red card overturned on 22:30 - Apr 11 with 4723 viewsGlyn1

To balance it out, here are the views of Stokies who thought it wasn’t a red. Lots of them did think it was a red though. None of them, whatever they thought of the decision, thought that they didn’t deserve to lost against us, and they all accept that the Swans outclassed them. The FA Tribunal must have agreed with some of this stuff, i.e. it wasn’t deemed to be a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

I think it's one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Seemed a pretty dubious last man red to me. Indi is the furthest defender back but he makes an attempt for the ball, so wasn’t just wiping him out, the lad cuts back, so going away from goal and that cut back gives other Stoke players time to catch up with play, which they clearly would have done if he didn’t go down.

looking at it again I honestly don’t see any contact from indi, it looks like James puts his foot onto indi and then goes down.

Definite grounds for appeal. Had the defender knocked the beyond Bruno towards goal then that would have been a clear goal-scoring opportunity and a definite red card. Instead, he knocked it to the side, where Clucas was getting round on the cover and would have had a chance to make a challenge. I thought at the time Free Kick and yellow card and I’m still sure that should have been the case.

Crazy decision. He was an appalling ref who just wanted to give the home crowd everything they wanted.

He's lost the ball and is moving away from goal. Even leon britton on swansea local radio said as it happened it would be a yellow.

I think Clucas easily catches James there. James looks fast, and good, but he’s not fast enough to be able to knock the ball backwards, cutting inside and still be able to have a clean run on goal from scratch with Clucas 5 yards away at full pelt (with no ball) running as the crow flies. If he’d knocked it past Indi towards goal to chase then different story but he didn’t, he knocks it inside and has to go backwards to beat Indi. So Clucas and other defenders are on the scene immediately.

Pressure being put on the ref also by the Swansea players, what happened to the rule about a yellow card to be issued for players circling the ref?

No way this was a red card.

Having calmed down and looked again I thought both red cards were harsh. There was cover for BMI and no way was it a clear goalscoring chance so that's a yellow. Edwards second yellow was **** also the runt threw himself to the floor after being overpowered.

Not said much about the ref, because would sound like sour grapes and we were well off the pace. He was though ******* pathetic and gave Swansea absolutely everything. The crowd completely intimidated him, and bayed for a foul every time we made a tackle. Gave us f*** all, a complete homer. Would love to see what score he was given by each team. Swansea 9 Stoke 3?

Proper unfair that we just have to take the points loss from a wrong decision like that. I know we were sh*** anyway but that’s not the point.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Stoke red card overturned on 23:08 - Apr 11 with 4618 viewssherpajacob

Stoke red card overturned on 22:30 - Apr 11 by Glyn1

To balance it out, here are the views of Stokies who thought it wasn’t a red. Lots of them did think it was a red though. None of them, whatever they thought of the decision, thought that they didn’t deserve to lost against us, and they all accept that the Swans outclassed them. The FA Tribunal must have agreed with some of this stuff, i.e. it wasn’t deemed to be a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

I think it's one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Seemed a pretty dubious last man red to me. Indi is the furthest defender back but he makes an attempt for the ball, so wasn’t just wiping him out, the lad cuts back, so going away from goal and that cut back gives other Stoke players time to catch up with play, which they clearly would have done if he didn’t go down.

looking at it again I honestly don’t see any contact from indi, it looks like James puts his foot onto indi and then goes down.

Definite grounds for appeal. Had the defender knocked the beyond Bruno towards goal then that would have been a clear goal-scoring opportunity and a definite red card. Instead, he knocked it to the side, where Clucas was getting round on the cover and would have had a chance to make a challenge. I thought at the time Free Kick and yellow card and I’m still sure that should have been the case.

Crazy decision. He was an appalling ref who just wanted to give the home crowd everything they wanted.

He's lost the ball and is moving away from goal. Even leon britton on swansea local radio said as it happened it would be a yellow.

I think Clucas easily catches James there. James looks fast, and good, but he’s not fast enough to be able to knock the ball backwards, cutting inside and still be able to have a clean run on goal from scratch with Clucas 5 yards away at full pelt (with no ball) running as the crow flies. If he’d knocked it past Indi towards goal to chase then different story but he didn’t, he knocks it inside and has to go backwards to beat Indi. So Clucas and other defenders are on the scene immediately.

Pressure being put on the ref also by the Swansea players, what happened to the rule about a yellow card to be issued for players circling the ref?

No way this was a red card.

Having calmed down and looked again I thought both red cards were harsh. There was cover for BMI and no way was it a clear goalscoring chance so that's a yellow. Edwards second yellow was **** also the runt threw himself to the floor after being overpowered.

Not said much about the ref, because would sound like sour grapes and we were well off the pace. He was though ******* pathetic and gave Swansea absolutely everything. The crowd completely intimidated him, and bayed for a foul every time we made a tackle. Gave us f*** all, a complete homer. Would love to see what score he was given by each team. Swansea 9 Stoke 3?

Proper unfair that we just have to take the points loss from a wrong decision like that. I know we were sh*** anyway but that’s not the point.

Some of them think Clucas would have caught Dan up.

Stoke red card overturned on 23:39 - Apr 11 with 4563 viewsTreforys_Jack

Stoke red card overturned on 23:08 - Apr 11 by sherpajacob

Stoke red card overturned on 23:47 - Apr 11 with 4549 viewsjack_lord

Whatever the Stoke fans think about the red card, they have completely overlooked the Dyer incident which is one of the most clear cut penalty calls between the clubs as opposed to the one by those cnts a few years ago. Cnts

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Stoke red card overturned on 09:12 - Apr 12 with 4272 viewsUxbridge

You can see why it was overturned, the ball went sideways and went towards Clucas. They're ignoring the reason it went in that direction though, which was because James was trying to avoid the defender who he could see was about to take him out. As he was the last defender and James would have had a clear run on goal without that, then I think the red was the right call. Was surprised it was given though, they usually aren't.

Not that it mattered. We were battering them.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Stoke red card overturned on 09:17 - Apr 12 with 4263 viewsCooperman

Stoke red card overturned on 22:19 - Apr 11 by jasper_T

"Last man" isn't an actual rule.

There we go, we are said to learn something new each and every day of our lives and I've ticked my box by 9:15am. I didn't realise the rule was now written as it is. Now I know what I know I've changed my view to one of red card being the wrong decision. That said it's nice to get the decision going our way.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Stoke red card overturned on 09:39 - Apr 12 with 4228 viewsFireboy2

Stoke red card overturned on 23:08 - Apr 11 by sherpajacob

They obviously dont know how fast dan is then
Stoke red card overturned on 10:03 - Apr 12 with 4189 viewsLeonWasGod

Really surprised that was overturned as it's a red card every day of the week for me. Here's the point just before Dan is taken out (player turns his back, isn't even looking at ball).

https://ibb.co/YWp8MR0"> src="

And here's the point Dan is taken out. He's shifted the ball to the right but still towards the goal (look at the position of the ball relative to the stripe on the grass in the 2 shots), but Dan's on this side of the defender and would have been through on goal. He's still well ahead of Clucas at the point he's fouled (and Dan was running at pace). There's no way in a million years that Clucas is making up several yards on Dan in full flight - no chance at all. It's an obvious goal scoring opportunity denied. Awful, awful decision to overturn that. The ref got it spot on.

https://ibb.co/7SyWVb4"> src="
Stoke red card overturned on 10:16 - Apr 12 with 4168 viewsHighjack

Stoke red card overturned on 09:39 - Apr 12 by Fireboy2

They obviously dont know how fast dan is then

And how slow Clucas is

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Stoke red card overturned on 10:25 - Apr 12 with 4151 viewsVincent_Vega

Stoke red card overturned on 10:03 - Apr 12 by LeonWasGod

Really surprised that was overturned as it's a red card every day of the week for me. Here's the point just before Dan is taken out (player turns his back, isn't even looking at ball).

https://ibb.co/YWp8MR0"> src="

And here's the point Dan is taken out. He's shifted the ball to the right but still towards the goal (look at the position of the ball relative to the stripe on the grass in the 2 shots), but Dan's on this side of the defender and would have been through on goal. He's still well ahead of Clucas at the point he's fouled (and Dan was running at pace). There's no way in a million years that Clucas is making up several yards on Dan in full flight - no chance at all. It's an obvious goal scoring opportunity denied. Awful, awful decision to overturn that. The ref got it spot on.

https://ibb.co/7SyWVb4"> src="

I've just seen the highlight on twitter,

If that's not a clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity then I do not know what is

Still means fcuk all to us now

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024