Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking news - Potter’s gone 16:51 - May 18 with 26498 viewsSPboy

Looks like it’s official

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/18/graham-potter-to-leave-swansea-
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 22:22 - May 18 with 2795 viewsswan65split

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 22:09 - May 18 by Glyn1

The more clubs that are seriously interested in James the higher the price will be, so that's good news. Personally, I'm expecting £5 million plus unrealistic add ons.

"It was James pace that Potter played on at times." I'm genuinely not sure if that is praise or a criticism.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 22:12]

Wouldn't say it was criticism. He found an advantage. And used it at times to hide some weaknesses we had........
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 22:33 - May 18 with 2716 viewsCroftyjack

What I can't quite work out is how Potter is deemed the best choice available...he's not even the best of choices in the championship never mind the world
.baffling
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 23:15 - May 18 with 2547 viewsLandore_Jack

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 22:33 - May 18 by Croftyjack

What I can't quite work out is how Potter is deemed the best choice available...he's not even the best of choices in the championship never mind the world
.baffling

If Brighton continue to struggle he'll be gone by January.

#backtojack

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 23:52 - May 18 with 2480 viewsLeonWasGod

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:13 - May 18 by SgorioFruit

I don’t blame Potter one bit. It was always going to be a move for him to get back to Britain and then step up to the premier league at first time of calling. He ain’t going to reach the premier league with a club like ours who are currently trying to make as many of its staff redundant as possible.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 18:15]

This is the bottom line. If he thought we had the potential to challenge and had reasurrances of support from the owners, he’d possibly still be here.

He obviously hasn’t and that’s something we should all be worried about.

I may be completely wrong, but I get the feeling we’ve just gone from building towards a promotion challenge to just surviving. I don’t bet, but if I did I think the smarter money would be on relegation rather then promotion.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 00:02 - May 19 with 2430 viewsJacket

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 23:52 - May 18 by LeonWasGod

This is the bottom line. If he thought we had the potential to challenge and had reasurrances of support from the owners, he’d possibly still be here.

I may be completely wrong, but I get the feeling we’ve just gone from building towards a promotion challenge to just surviving. I don’t bet, but if I did I think the smarter money would be on relegation rather then promotion.

100%. Shows everything you need to know about the Yanks' mindset that they thought offering him a bigger pay cheque would sway his thinking. He knew that he was in for a similar season and that he wouldn't be making any progress in terms of his career if he stayed. So he took the option of getting an even bigger pay cheque from owners who would at least try to give him support on the pitch.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 00:10 - May 19 with 2392 viewsLuther27

Bottom line is.....what reason for leaving will Potter give? I'll hazard a really wild fking guess here....love the club, the players...the fans are awesome...it was an unbelievable difficult decision etc etc etc.
The board will wish him well...we tried our best to keep him etc etc etc
As paying fans this is the sht we are expected to listen to ...and believe.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 00:32 - May 19 with 2349 viewsjackrmee

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 17:45 - May 18 by WarwickHunt

That racehorse you found in your garden on Xmas morning...have a look in your bed.

She's a gonner

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 00:40 - May 19 with 2288 viewssainthelens

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 23:15 - May 18 by Landore_Jack

This.
He needs to sort out a decent defensive coach, or he's fcked .
Login to get fewer ads

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 00:54 - May 19 with 2249 viewsBillyChong

Who can blame him? He’s hardly been backed by the board. He’s not daft and can see what’s coming. The yanks and the sellouts are to blame competley. Good luck to him.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone (n/t) on 01:02 - May 19 with 2257 viewsjazzswan

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:48 - May 18 by Captain_Sham

Who the fk is Gary Potter?

[Post edited 19 May 2019 1:06]
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 01:03 - May 19 with 2256 viewsjazzswan

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:48 - May 18 by Captain_Sham

Who the fk is Gary Potter?

A dislexic Wizard?
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 01:04 - May 19 with 2253 viewsjazzswan

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:59 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

His name in the alternate universe??

A dislexic wizard mun!
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 08:25 - May 19 with 1973 viewsPrivate_Partz

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 23:52 - May 18 by LeonWasGod

Spot on.
I think he believed in the project. A lot of work has gone into getting us back to our passing game and developing the youngsters he was forced to work with.
He knew that his brief here was to continue working miracles with ever decreasing resources and no ambition for promotion.
In short protect the Hedge Fund and tread water until the Yanks can offload to a mug buyer. An impossible task, hence he is offski.
I doiubt any thought will be given to who replaces him as long as they are cheap and prepared to take whatever sh!t is thrown at them for a few bucks.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 09:58 - May 19 with 1801 viewsjackrmee

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:01 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

I can’t see many players following.

Maybe James but he’s going regardless. My only other worry is Oli as they are desperate for reinforcements up top.

VDH not better than Dunk or Duffy. Grimes not ready for PL yet (imo).

Grimes will be gone. Clubs sniffing around him already.
I'd be surprised if Oli stays now. A 20 goal striker for a bargain price will tempt many.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 09:58 - May 19 with 1797 viewsGowerjack

Dear God.

What a bunch of drama queens..

Can't for the life of me see why you're all getting so worked up over something that was inevitable.

Onwards & Downwards.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:08 - May 19 with 1727 viewsthornabyswan

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 17:08 - May 18 by Porthcawlswan

Now please can we actually try and do something about our owners!

I don't think it would have mattered who the owners were re Potter going.

We lost Rodgers and Martinez to Wigan and Liverpool.

Don't under estimate the lure of the Premier League.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:14 - May 19 with 1685 viewsmagicdaps10

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:08 - May 19 by thornabyswan

I don't think it would have mattered who the owners were re Potter going.

We lost Rodgers and Martinez to Wigan and Liverpool.

Don't under estimate the lure of the Premier League.

Do you think if he was given a little bit more support, the season might have panned out different, better?

He was promised he would have a central midfielder, a player to build the team around.......they pulled the plug on that.
Was told on the eve of the season that he could not pick Dyer, Routledge, Narsingh week in week out.
Was told he could not pick Fer after he recovered from injury.
Was told that Carroll could not play as he was being lined up to in Jan.
Was told not to play James in the last game as there had been a bid.

I cant disagree with some but the restrictions were thick and fast.........it ground him down in the end.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:30 - May 19 with 1629 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its just a ride.

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:35 - May 19 with 1602 viewsjasper_T

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:14 - May 19 by magicdaps10

Do you think if he was given a little bit more support, the season might have panned out different, better?

He was promised he would have a central midfielder, a player to build the team around.......they pulled the plug on that.
Was told on the eve of the season that he could not pick Dyer, Routledge, Narsingh week in week out.

I cant disagree with some but the restrictions were thick and fast.........it ground him down in the end.

"Our players weren't injured, they were just pretending because the evil owners told them to." And Ollie was never ill, either, they just couldn't afford his 20 goal bonus...

Get a grip, mate. Fer was rushed back twice and it backfired spectacularly. Carroll's hip looked nasty in the Jimmy Bullard physio thing. DJ had been playing with injections for the last couple of meaningful games.

Not buying a CM worked out brilliantly. Grimes is being eyed by PL clubs and Byers is a top young prospect.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:48 - May 19 with 1548 viewsthornabyswan

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:14 - May 19 by magicdaps10

We had a huge financial loss to fill.
Would rather finish 10th and lose Potter than end up like Bolton or Portsmouth of old.

Nearly all players and managers have 1 big motivation and that is money.

The Villa Derby game is worth 170 million.
No championship club can compete with that without getting in financial trouble.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:56 - May 19 with 1522 viewsunion_jack

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 23:15 - May 18 by Landore_Jack

I don’t agree with this.

Brighton may very well go down next season with Potter. But, he will have got a season in with a squad that would have gelled and be one of the favourites possibly to go back up. He’s done well here with many constraints. If backed, Brighton may go one step back to go two forwards.

Depends on how long term thinking Brighton are.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:59 - May 19 with 1507 viewsCaptain_Sham

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:56 - May 19 by union_jack

I don’t agree with this.

Brighton may very well go down next season with Potter. But, he will have got a season in with a squad that would have gelled and be one of the favourites possibly to go back up. He’s done well here with many constraints. If backed, Brighton may go one step back to go two forwards.

Depends on how long term thinking Brighton are.

Yes but if he does well back in the championship he will be offered a better job and fk off again because he's a mahoosive cnt.
[Post edited 19 May 2019 11:00]

Its just a ride.

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 11:01 - May 19 with 1486 viewsswan65split

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:35 - May 19 by jasper_T

"Our players weren't injured, they were just pretending because the evil owners told them to." And Ollie was never ill, either, they just couldn't afford his 20 goal bonus...

Get a grip, mate. Fer was rushed back twice and it backfired spectacularly. Carroll's hip looked nasty in the Jimmy Bullard physio thing. DJ had been playing with injections for the last couple of meaningful games.

Not buying a CM worked out brilliantly. Grimes is being eyed by PL clubs and Byers is a top young prospect.

I think Byers will be the pick of the bunch when we look back,
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 11:02 - May 19 with 1474 viewsdickythorpe

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 10:59 - May 19 by Captain_Sham

Yes but if he does well back in the championship he will be offered a better job and fk off again because he's a mahoosive cnt.
[Post edited 19 May 2019 11:00]

Very limited manager. Talked a lot of sense early on.May be a lovely bloke but didn't inspire me as season went on.
Did not improve our weaknesses. We shát ourselves when opposition got a corner or whenever any of our keepers tried playing out if defence.
Some performances were very poor and we were lucky not to get hammered at times.
[Post edited 19 May 2019 11:03]
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 11:15 - May 19 with 1420 viewsjasper_T

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 11:01 - May 19 by swan65split

I think Byers will be the pick of the bunch when we look back,

He was my pick last summer. Was going to be Championship player of the year (with Ollie top scorer).

Done well despite two injury setbacks and having to play an unfamiliar role.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024