Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket world cup 10:58 - May 26 with 35587 viewssainthelens

For the cricket followers on here, who's your fancy?
I've had good wedge on India. England will find a way to fck it up, and as long as the Indians arnt too knackered after the IPL I think they'll be to strong.
Cricket world cup on 19:38 - Jul 14 with 857 viewsLuther27

Brilliant advert for cricket. Stokes second 6....luck or just sport?
Cricket world cup on 19:38 - Jul 14 with 857 viewslifelong

England so lucky to have won that.
Cricket world cup on 19:39 - Jul 14 with 856 viewsPhil_S

Cricket world cup on 19:35 - Jul 14 by BLAZE

If you're happy winning a world cup under those circumstances then enjoy

Totally f*cking happy 😂😂

What an immense game not sure the nerves will recover for some time
Cricket world cup on 19:39 - Jul 14 with 852 viewsJack59

Incredible England victory, but it's not finished yet, they are calling for a peoples vote in New Zealand
Cricket world cup on 19:40 - Jul 14 with 836 viewsPhil_S

Cricket world cup on 09:30 - May 31 by Phil_S

They did make some poor shots but they made some excellent shots, fielding moments and of course an out of the world catch but as ever people focus on the negative.

South Africa would have taken 312 yet got bowled out for 100 less - give the credit where it is due and stop focusing on the negative

But then I guess based on the football you watch, you understand more about the negatives than the rest of us.

Excellent win on the first day of a very long tournament

Never in doubt 😂😂
Cricket world cup on 19:40 - Jul 14 with 835 viewsLuther27

Cricket world cup on 19:34 - Jul 14 by Muteswan

Hope Stokes stays away from Bristol tonight.😳

Cricket world cup on 19:40 - Jul 14 with 824 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cricket world cup on 19:38 - Jul 14 by lifelong

England so lucky to have won that.

Yup. Great innit.

Poll: Tory leader

Cricket world cup on 19:41 - Jul 14 with 820 viewsBLAZE

A month and half of play determined by a fluke. If the English team had any class they wouldn't have celebrated like they did. Hollow victory, but I suppose we'll hear about it for 50 years none the less
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket world cup on 19:42 - Jul 14 with 797 viewsUxbridge

Ouch. Have to feel for NZ, done by a fluke and a technicality. Not really a good way to end the game but there's got to be a winner eh. What drama...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Cricket world cup on 19:42 - Jul 14 with 796 viewsJonathans_coat

Cricket world cup on 19:41 - Jul 14 by BLAZE

A month and half of play determined by a fluke. If the English team had any class they wouldn't have celebrated like they did. Hollow victory, but I suppose we'll hear about it for 50 years none the less

Cobblers!
Cricket world cup on 19:44 - Jul 14 with 775 viewslifelong

Cricket world cup on 19:40 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

Yup. Great innit.

Nasser reckoned that England deserved the win...
Cricket world cup on 19:47 - Jul 14 with 745 viewsDarran

Open top bus parade in Cardiff.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cricket world cup on 19:48 - Jul 14 with 729 viewstheloneranger

Perhaps they should go back to the rule that in the event of a tie the team losing the least number of wickets are the winners.

Nah ... Not so exciting!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cricket world cup on 19:51 - Jul 14 with 707 viewsBLAZE

Cricket world cup on 19:48 - Jul 14 by theloneranger

Perhaps they should go back to the rule that in the event of a tie the team losing the least number of wickets are the winners.

Nah ... Not so exciting!!

Far more sensible, and if the England fans on here hadn't just benefitted from the ridiculous ruling then they would admit it too
Cricket world cup on 19:53 - Jul 14 with 679 viewsunion_jack

Cricket world cup on 19:33 - Jul 14 by bluey_the_blue

Never hear the end of it for the next 50 year now...

I think I’ll keep reminding you just to p1ss you off🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cricket world cup on 19:54 - Jul 14 with 669 viewsPegojack

Cricket world cup on 19:42 - Jul 14 by Uxbridge

Ouch. Have to feel for NZ, done by a fluke and a technicality. Not really a good way to end the game but there's got to be a winner eh. What drama...

This. NZ were coasting it before the fluke six, but replays showed Stokes knew nothing about the ball coming in, it was a pure fluke. Very cruel....
Cricket world cup on 19:56 - Jul 14 with 655 viewsjackharris

Well done England and Wales for a amazing come back after losing those 3 group matches. Awesome win v India. And excellent victories v New Zealand in the round robin and Australia in the semi-Final.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Cricket world cup on 19:57 - Jul 14 with 647 viewsMuteswan

Cricket world cup on 19:41 - Jul 14 by BLAZE

If a Swans match is decided by a deflected own goal that was going miles wide would you still have the same opinion? Sometimes being lucky is just what it is.
Cricket world cup on 19:58 - Jul 14 with 644 viewssherpajacob

Cricket world cup on 19:53 - Jul 14 by union_jack

I think I’ll keep reminding you just to p1ss you off🤣

At some point Bluey will have a day off from being a,tw@t. Some of us may not live to see it, but I have to believe it will happen.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cricket world cup on 19:59 - Jul 14 with 633 viewsbluey_the_blue

I felt disappointed, Id have liked to have seen it won on the pitch, not on a boundary countback.

Would be better imo in the event of a super over draw, play another super over - but you cannot use same batsman or bowlers. Keep playing that way till there's a decisive winner.
Cricket world cup on 19:59 - Jul 14 with 630 viewsBLAZE

Cricket world cup on 19:56 - Jul 14 by jackharris

Well done England and Wales for a amazing come back after losing those 3 group matches. Awesome win v India. And excellent victories v New Zealand in the round robin and Australia in the semi-Final.

Wales
Cricket world cup on 20:01 - Jul 14 with 613 viewsMuteswan

Cricket world cup on 19:59 - Jul 14 by BLAZE

Wales

You obviously have not got the faintest clue. Welsh players can play and many have.
Cricket world cup on 20:02 - Jul 14 with 601 viewsunion_jack

Cricket world cup on 19:57 - Jul 14 by Muteswan

If a Swans match is decided by a deflected own goal that was going miles wide would you still have the same opinion? Sometimes being lucky is just what it is.

Absolutely, nice to be on the right side of it for once. We had some good luck today, of course ‘that 6’ but also the 6 that was caught on the boundary but the fielder stepped on the ‘rope’.

Also, that run out against Australia which hit the stumps going through the batsman’s legs.

But you know what they say, you make your own luck so I don’t care😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cricket world cup on 20:03 - Jul 14 with 593 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cricket world cup on 20:01 - Jul 14 by Muteswan

You obviously have not got the faintest clue. Welsh players can play and many have.

Like when James and Watkin were overlooked?
Cricket world cup on 20:05 - Jul 14 with 576 viewsJonathans_coat

Cricket world cup on 19:59 - Jul 14 by BLAZE

Wales

(From Wikipedia)

The following Welsh people have played Test cricket for England:

Johnnie Clay -: Clay played one Test match for England in 1935.[20]
Robert Croft -: Croft played international cricket for both England and Wales. He is first Welsh cricketer to score 10,000 runs and take 1,000 wickets in first-class cricket.[21]
Geraint Jones -: Born in Papua New Guinea and brought up in Australia, Jones qualified to play for England through his Welsh parents. Jones was the England wicketkeeper between 2004 and 2006, most notably part of the team that regained the Ashes from Australia in 2005. He subsequently represented the Papua New Guinea national cricket team.
Jeff Jones -: He took forty-four wickets in fifteen Tests for England from 1964 to 1968.[22]
Simon Jones -: He became an integral member of England's triumphant Ashes-winning team in 2005. Jones's pace and mastery of reverse-swing carried him to 18 wickets at 21 in four Tests, before he was forced to sit out a nervy final match due to an ankle problem.[23]
Tony Lewis -: 9 Tests. He is the only Glamorgan cricketer to captain England and lead a major tour abroad. He went on to become the face of BBC Television cricket coverage in the 1990s, and become president of the MCC.[24]
Austin Matthews -: He played for Northamptonshire, Glamorgan and single Test for England.[25]
Hugh Morris -: He played in three Tests for England in 1991.[26]
Gilbert Parkhouse -: He played in seven Tests for England in 1950, 1950—51 and 1959.[27]
Pat Pocock -: He played in twenty Tests and one ODI for England from 1968 to 1985.[28]
Greg Thomas -: He played in five Tests and three ODIs for England between 1986 and 1987.[29]
Maurice Turnbull -: He played in nine Tests for England from 1930 to 1936.[30]
Cyril Walters -: He had most of his success after leaving Glamorgan to do duty as captain-secretary of Worcestershire.[31]
Steve Watkin -: He played three Test matches in 1991 and 1993, and four One Day Internationals in 1993 and 1994.[32]
Allan Watkins -: He played for England in fifteen Tests from 1948 to 1952.[33]
Matthew Maynard -: He played four tests for England from 1988 to 1993 and 14 one day internationals. Captain of Glamorgan CC, England backroom staff for Ashes winning series 2005 and presently Director of Cricket at Somerset [34][35]
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 20:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024