Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread 10:59 - Aug 29 with 48353 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 14:21]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:14 - Aug 29 with 3208 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:28 - Aug 29 by Glyn1

But we haven't scored more goals than them.

But the league table say's we have scored more goals than them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:24 - Aug 29 with 3173 viewsTNT

Pressure's on them.

A point would be great.

Three would be a fk off statement.

Defeat ain't the end of the world.

Give me a draw, and I'll give you your hand back.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:26 - Aug 29 with 3166 viewsGowerjack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:40 - Aug 29 by monmouth

Where’s our old mate 1964? Good and fair poster.

And where the hell is Lisa Leeds. None of the above.

She moved to London..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:39 - Aug 29 with 3117 viewscentrestandswan

A Leeds view.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:44 - Aug 29 with 3102 views1964white

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:40 - Aug 29 by monmouth

Where’s our old mate 1964? Good and fair poster.

And where the hell is Lisa Leeds. None of the above.

Hi Monmouth

Still around on MOT, not made any comments on the match day thread yet as I've been really busy, several posts on the other topics though. I actually did make a couple of posts on your forum this morning.

How are you mate ? thanks for the compliment

Your lads have made a good start playing some decent football as the Swans always do whenever I watch them. Good to see two footballing sides at the top of the table, lets hope we are both there come next May

I'm looking forward to the match on Saturday, our toughest test so far I suspect
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:51 - Aug 29 with 3069 viewsFireboy2

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:24 - Aug 29 by TNT

Pressure's on them.

A point would be great.

Three would be a fk off statement.

Defeat ain't the end of the world.

Give me a draw, and I'll give you your hand back.

I was wondering where the fvcker went

By fvck i hope we draw
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 29 with 3044 viewsGlyn1

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:14 - Aug 29 by Flashberryjack

But the league table say's we have scored more goals than them.

No it does not.

It says that we have scored one more goal than them. Goal not goals / singular not plural.

Hopefully we'll correct that on Saturday.

(And yes, I am a boring pedant )
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 22:11]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:10 - Aug 29 with 3040 viewsGlyn1

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:55 - Aug 29 by SwansNZ

Is 11 not more than 10?

Is 11 two more than 10?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:20 - Aug 29 with 3004 viewsFieryJack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 29 by perchrockjack

Was thinking of going to tis but

1.Nobody to go with

and

2.Dont want to jinx us

And very tricky to vacate the stadium safely.People--be careful.Its a fair way from the city centtre and not a pleasant walk.City is great though

This is all true.

Definitely dodgy outside, particularly if you're not in a large group, or there aren't enough coppers around.

My cunning plan is to hide in plain sight and get in amongst the Leeds lot by using their fans' shuttle buses to and from the ground.

Can always fake a Yorkshire accent if I have to, but couldn't get away with a football conversation with any of them because I know naff all about their team etc.
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:31 - Aug 29 with 2960 viewsTNT

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:20 - Aug 29 by FieryJack

This is all true.

Definitely dodgy outside, particularly if you're not in a large group, or there aren't enough coppers around.

My cunning plan is to hide in plain sight and get in amongst the Leeds lot by using their fans' shuttle buses to and from the ground.

Can always fake a Yorkshire accent if I have to, but couldn't get away with a football conversation with any of them because I know naff all about their team etc.

Tie a white silk scarf around your wrist mun, sorted.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 29 with 2950 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:10 - Aug 29 by Glyn1

Is 11 two more than 10?

We have both scored multiple goals (plural).
Therefore, we have scored more goals (plural) than they have. We have not scored more goal than they have.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:52 - Aug 29 with 2910 viewsbuilthjack

0-2

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:16 - Aug 29 with 2877 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:44 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

That preview has had about as much quality research done on it as our last takeover.

FFS

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:26 - Aug 29 with 2867 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 29 by SwansNZ

Therefore, we have scored more goals (plural) than they have. We have not scored more goal than they have.

Look, we've scored more goal than them, right!

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 03:53 - Aug 30 with 2705 viewsbrightonjack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:20 - Aug 29 by FieryJack

This is all true.

Don Revie, Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Jack Charlton. That's all you need to know.
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 04:38 - Aug 30 with 2686 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:10 - Aug 29 by Glyn1

Is 11 two more than 10?

11 is more goals than 10.

"More goal" is not the way people speak English.

You are being ridiculously pedantic.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 05:39 - Aug 30 with 2661 viewsCaptain_Sham

Are Glyn and Jasper the same person?

Its just a ride.

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:01 - Aug 30 with 2556 viewsbluenile

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 29 by SwansNZ

That told him. . . . . .

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread (n/t) on 08:07 - Aug 30 with 2545 viewslonglostjack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 03:53 - Aug 30 by brightonjack

Don Revie, Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Jack Charlton. That's all you need to know.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 8:44]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:45 - Aug 30 with 2490 viewslonglostjack

This is all true.

Don’t forget to wear a cloth cap and if they start talking about the Leeds team selection, turn the conversation around to pigeon racing or your favourite recipe for Yorkshire pudding. You’ll be fine.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:43 - Aug 30 with 2427 viewsBadlands

Leeds' wealth grew from the wool trade.
I wonder what chant will be used in n attempt to insult us! How long before before the English Nationalist sing their little song? And how long will it take for the WoL to write our obituary should we not win.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:09 - Aug 30 with 2397 viewsblackpooljack

I'll get this in nice and early. Is there any kind soles out there that could put up a link tomorrow for live streaming for us poor unfortunates that won't be able to attend or don't reside in SW Wales. Thanks in advance to anyone who can.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 14:45]
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:10 - Aug 30 with 2396 viewsJack_Brel

Routledge was superb the other night against Cambridge. Should something like this be our front four tomorrow, perhaps with Routledge subbed off at the 60 min. mark or so for a winger with Celina taking over in AM?

----------Borja---------- (striker)
----Celina------Ayew-- (wingers)
-------Routledge------- (AM)
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 10:13]
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:05 - Aug 30 with 2308 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:10 - Aug 30 by Jack_Brel

Routledge was superb the other night against Cambridge. Should something like this be our front four tomorrow, perhaps with Routledge subbed off at the 60 min. mark or so for a winger with Celina taking over in AM?

----------Borja---------- (striker)
----Celina------Ayew-- (wingers)
-------Routledge------- (AM)
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 10:13]

He was, and maybe this kind of game is a bit too much for Dhanda (as good as he was last weekend). I'd say use Byers there with Fulton and Grimes behind and the rest as you were.

Routs on the bench along with Peterson, Bidwell/Declan (Nauts to start at LB) , Nordberg, Surrige , Wilmot and Garrick

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:04 - Aug 30 with 2230 viewsperchrockjack

I really was tempted to go to this fixture and last time I went ,think we drew , was ok at a local pub some way away but Elland Rd to City Centre is not a trip to make ,trust me.Traffic passes under a few bridges and it is risky depending on result.

Conversely,Leeds is the original northern powerhouse and still a financial centre with great shopping and architecture. Real old brass still around in north Leeds. South Leeds is where John Charles Sports Centre lies but it is pretty rough around there.

Think and plan ,folks.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024