Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper will be with us next season. 11:06 - Feb 3 with 3375 viewsNotLoyal

I’m certain he will grow with experience, not afraid to stick by his beliefs, has a good understanding of young players and dynamics. I think he could seriously shine next season for Swansea.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:09 - Feb 3 with 1841 viewsDarran

Deluded.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:16 - Feb 3 with 1813 viewsjackrmee

Totally agree with theOP

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:22 - Feb 3 with 1796 viewspembsjack

Same again next year, how exciting.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:26 - Feb 3 with 1785 viewsjack247

I’m impressed with the players he’s brought in this window.

Needs to realise that his job doesn’t finish at 2.50 on a Saturday. Potter last season changed systems two or three times a match when it was required. He also played players in innovative positions (Grimes at LB/CB, Naughton in midfield, Routledge up front).

Playing the same formation week in week out, rarely tweaking it in response to what the opposition do and only making like for like subs before the final few minutes make us easy to prepare against.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:31 - Feb 3 with 1777 viewsJinxy

Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:26 - Feb 3 by jack247

Needs to realise that his job doesn’t finish at 2.50 on a Saturday. Potter last season changed systems two or three times a match when it was required. He also played players in innovative positions (Grimes at LB/CB, Naughton in midfield, Routledge up front).

Playing the same formation week in week out, rarely tweaking it in response to what the opposition do and only making like for like subs before the final few minutes make us easy to prepare against.

Quite agree. Hopefully he will learn and evolve though. I'm surprised how the team around him don't advise as such, or maybe he's not the listening type. Time will tell.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:32 - Feb 3 with 1775 viewsQJumpingJack

It will be a great achievement by the club if we have a manager who has been with us for 12+ months.

We need stability and Cooper and his coaching team need to be given time.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:42 - Feb 3 with 1751 viewsjackrmee

Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:26 - Feb 3 by jack247

Yeah, but Potter is quite special when it comes to tactical nous IMO.
Plus, people were moaning like fuk about Potter doing that.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:51 - Feb 3 with 1729 viewsmagicdaps10

Tip for Cooper next season.

Try playing with some Wingers.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:59 - Feb 3 with 1714 viewsblackpooljack

He'll be with us next year because A. We can't afford to sack him. B. Nobody else would take him off our hands. Three words can sum up our season Dull Dull Dull.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 12:07 - Feb 3 with 1685 viewsItchySphincter

Don't like us chopping and changing managers all the time. Hopefully he does enough to get the support of the club and fans for a couple of seasons at least. If he stays more than a couple of years and we go backwards then pull the trigger.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cooper will be with us next season. on 12:08 - Feb 3 with 1686 viewsjasper_T

He'll be sacked in October if we're still picking up points at the rate we have been since August. Hopefully we've already got eyes on potential replacements.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 12:37 - Feb 3 with 1632 viewsNotLoyal

Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:22 - Feb 3 by pembsjack

Same again next year, how exciting.

But as I said, improvement through experience.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:00 - Feb 3 with 1576 viewsvetchonian

Brandon or Steve?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:17 - Feb 3 with 1546 viewskarnataka

Cooper will be with us next season. on 11:42 - Feb 3 by jackrmee

Yeah, but Potter is quite special when it comes to tactical nous IMO.
Plus, people were moaning like fuk about Potter doing that.

Not sure people were moaning about every experiment Potter tried but Grimes was superb in our midfield last season and trying him at LB seriously weakened out midfield. However, as he's nowhere near the midfield player he was last season, playing him at LB wouldn't be such as bad idea provided we had another midfielder to adequately step into his role and ATM, we don't. In fact, if we did, he'd already be playing there.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:39]
Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:25 - Feb 3 with 1531 viewsicecoldjack

I hope the OP is correct I really do. My take on Cooper is that he's your typical flat pack British manager who paints by numbers and cares more about shape and not losing rather than setting up to play and be creative with expansive football.

He took the job on the remit of us maintaining a certain style of play, he stepped all over the green shoots of recovery football laid down by potter and has made us an identikit championship team that will get worse as the talent is drained away .

Remove Ayews goals from this team and we are mediocre, that's Coopers work laid bare.

Like I said before Coppers biggest problem is that Potter played far more attractive football without the likes of Ayew and Borja, who if playing then would have no doubt ensured a play off place .

He can barely get a tune out of a decent squad of players, we look like a bunch of strangers on the field week after week , I have no idea what he actually works on in training, looks to me what ever he does is done with out the football because we struggle with it in match days !

Let's hope I'm wrong, but I'd boot him out in the summer and try and find a footballing coach with a long term continental approach to playing . I'm obviously dreaming as I think we are set for far more dross as talent leaves or gets sold.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:42 - Feb 3 with 1489 viewsThrasher6

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:25 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

I hope the OP is correct I really do. My take on Cooper is that he's your typical flat pack British manager who paints by numbers and cares more about shape and not losing rather than setting up to play and be creative with expansive football.

He took the job on the remit of us maintaining a certain style of play, he stepped all over the green shoots of recovery football laid down by potter and has made us an identikit championship team that will get worse as the talent is drained away .

Remove Ayews goals from this team and we are mediocre, that's Coopers work laid bare.

Like I said before Coppers biggest problem is that Potter played far more attractive football without the likes of Ayew and Borja, who if playing then would have no doubt ensured a play off place .

He can barely get a tune out of a decent squad of players, we look like a bunch of strangers on the field week after week , I have no idea what he actually works on in training, looks to me what ever he does is done with out the football because we struggle with it in match days !

Let's hope I'm wrong, but I'd boot him out in the summer and try and find a footballing coach with a long term continental approach to playing . I'm obviously dreaming as I think we are set for far more dross as talent leaves or gets sold.

This. Good post.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:46 - Feb 3 with 1479 viewsLeonWasGod

Hope so. If we're having to go in a different direction focussing increasingly on youth, it could take a while. Not seeing it yet, but that doesn't mean it can't. He won't be the first manager to get off to a slightly slow start; it's happened to some of the greatest.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:49 - Feb 3 with 1468 viewsjack247

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:25 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

He’s obviously got something about him to have won the under 17 World Cup and run Liverpools side. Ok it’s working with teenagers, but he wouldn’t have got either role without being talented. Him and Marsh have got us reasonably well drilled defensively, even though we occasionally (Stoke, Brentford twice each) get overrun in midfield.

We do struggle to construct attacks under him. As you say, we look a bit paint by numbers going forward and rely on Ayew, Celina, Brewster to make something for themselves.

I don’t know for sure, but I’m pretty certain Liverpool and England age grade team managers would be instructed to play broadly the same system as the first team. I think he’s struggling to vary the way we attack. Neat and tidy, looks great when it works, but very predictable.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:53 - Feb 3 with 1456 viewsjasper_T

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:49 - Feb 3 by jack247

He’s obviously got something about him to have won the under 17 World Cup and run Liverpools side. Ok it’s working with teenagers, but he wouldn’t have got either role without being talented. Him and Marsh have got us reasonably well drilled defensively, even though we occasionally (Stoke, Brentford twice each) get overrun in midfield.

We do struggle to construct attacks under him. As you say, we look a bit paint by numbers going forward and rely on Ayew, Celina, Brewster to make something for themselves.

I don’t know for sure, but I’m pretty certain Liverpool and England age grade team managers would be instructed to play broadly the same system as the first team. I think he’s struggling to vary the way we attack. Neat and tidy, looks great when it works, but very predictable.

Long list of former u17s world cup winning managers gone on to bigger things, is there?
Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:58 - Feb 3 with 1444 viewsjack247

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:53 - Feb 3 by jasper_T

Long list of former u17s world cup winning managers gone on to bigger things, is there?

Yeah you’re right, England just give jobs like that to Trevor the kit man and Brian who does such a good job of washing the players cars.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 14:06 - Feb 3 with 1422 viewsjasper_T

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:58 - Feb 3 by jack247

Yeah you’re right, England just give jobs like that to Trevor the kit man and Brian who does such a good job of washing the players cars.

Kevin Betsy destined for greatness, clearly.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 14:11 - Feb 3 with 1413 viewsjack247

Cooper will be with us next season. on 14:06 - Feb 3 by jasper_T

Kevin Betsy destined for greatness, clearly.

I’m not sure where you got the implication that he was definitely going on to great things from my post. All I said was he must have had something about him to get that role at Liverpool and England. The post was mainly critical of his tactics and inflexibility. Perhaps you’re just feeling cantankerous today.
Cooper will be with us next season. on 14:31 - Feb 3 with 1381 viewsDewi1jack

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:00 - Feb 3 by vetchonian

Brandon or Steve?

It'll be Lee

It's in his genes

Got the coat!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Cooper will be with us next season. on 14:37 - Feb 3 with 1370 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper will be with us next season. on 13:49 - Feb 3 by jack247

Yes he had something about him for the U17s world cup.
The best youngsters at that age that UK money could buy.
Trained by their home clubs to a very high standard.
His contribution was minimal as part of World Cup managerial team.

Our young players have gone backwards under him which is extremely worrying, how long before he affects the newcomers the same way?
Cooper will be with us next season. on 14:54 - Feb 3 with 1347 viewsDarran

If people sit down for a minute and actually give our current situation a bit of thought they might come to the worrying conclusion that Cooper may not be up to the massive rebuilding job that lies ahead.
I’m not saying he isn’t but he’s going to have a very difficult job on his hands the way the club is being run.
VdH gone.
Ayew probably gone.
Rodon possibly gone.
All the loanees gone.
Several players out of contract.

Think about it and it might just sound tad worrying.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 16:33]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024