Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432629 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 09:24 - May 12 with 1634 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 09:16 - May 12 by monmouth

Don't be a moaning Minnie, optimism is all you need. Where's your bullbog spirit that won us* the war.

*nothing to do with our allies and, particularly, millions of gallons of Russian blood.

The laughable thing about all this is that according to my Dad, Churchill was arguing very strongly and passionately indeed for closer European integration at the end of the war. Is that true? If so, why didn't Cameron and his Mk 1 morons use it? Speaking of which as we're on a downward spiral May and the Mk 2 morons were worse, and Johnson and Mk 3 worse still. Who's next off the production line? Jenprick?

By the sweet baby jesus the country will need Starmer to step up to the Oche.

But he's a Zionist, or something

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 09:26 - May 12 with 1629 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 09:24 - May 12 by waynekerr55

But he's a Zionist, or something

My dad is a Zionist?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 09:28 - May 12 with 1627 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 09:16 - May 12 by monmouth

Don't be a moaning Minnie, optimism is all you need. Where's your bullbog spirit that won us* the war.

*nothing to do with our allies and, particularly, millions of gallons of Russian blood.

The laughable thing about all this is that according to my Dad, Churchill was arguing very strongly and passionately indeed for closer European integration at the end of the war. Is that true? If so, why didn't Cameron and his Mk 1 morons use it? Speaking of which as we're on a downward spiral May and the Mk 2 morons were worse, and Johnson and Mk 3 worse still. Who's next off the production line? Jenprick?

By the sweet baby jesus the country will need Starmer to step up to the Oche.

He’s currently killing Johnson with kindness. A very clever guy.

It’s like Chinese water torture.
Corona Virus on 10:23 - May 12 with 1570 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 22:58 - May 11 by Garyjack

Just as a point of order, if you take away places like Malta, Gibraltar and a few other minor countries, then England is the most densely populated country in Europe. Just saying

The Uk is only 51st most densely populated country
Corona Virus on 11:15 - May 12 with 1515 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 08:19 - May 12 by Kilkennyjack

👏👏

Full of people who won the war, when they were not even born.

They lost the peace though by leaving the EU.
Well done feckwits.

Incorrect. Peace has been maintained by virtue of belonging to NATO, not the EU.
Corona Virus on 11:18 - May 12 with 1510 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 11:15 - May 12 by ploppy

Incorrect. Peace has been maintained by virtue of belonging to NATO, not the EU.

Peace was maintained by the desire to not go through war again.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 11:20 - May 12 with 1507 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 01:22 - May 12 by Glyn1

Here are a series of colour coded maps about population density in countries.

http://statisticstimes.com/demographics/countries-by-population-density.php

I think they have one just for Europe but didn't find it.

The USA has an amazingly low population density which should help them in States such as Arizona, Oklahoma etc.

Just an idle question for someone with a calculator, if all of the world's population moved to the USA would its population density be above ours, or still be below?

UPDATE:
Here's one of their tables.

http://statisticstimes.com/demographics/european-countries-by-population.php

The Netherlands and Belgium are more densely populated than the UK (mainly because there aren't many people in large areas of Scotland), but Germany and especially France are lower than us.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 1:27]

Don't need a calculator. If all of the world's population moved to the USA, then by definition, the UK would be empty. So yes, their population density would be greater than the UK.
Corona Virus on 11:22 - May 12 with 1503 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 11:18 - May 12 by Highjack

Peace was maintained by the desire to not go through war again.

And that. Certainly nothing to do with the EU.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 11:23 - May 12 with 1503 viewsmagicdaps10

Corona Virus on 08:05 - May 12 by WarwickHunt

It’s also populated by more dense people than the rest of the European countries.

That is unfortunately true.

Unfortunately there are other countries the same, the Irish people are pushing for the pubs to open ASAP.
😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Corona Virus on 11:34 - May 12 with 1490 viewschad

Corona Virus on 18:35 - May 11 by Swanjaxs

Wearing coats in May ffs! Southern softies 😡

Ay up pet, is a bit nesh, but remember

ne'er cast a clout til may be out
Corona Virus on 11:38 - May 12 with 1481 viewsmagicdaps10

So anyhow, what is the weather like in London?

Just want to verify that before the pictures appear.

Corona Virus on 11:47 - May 12 with 1466 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 11:49 - May 12 with 1463 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 11:23 - May 12 by magicdaps10

That is unfortunately true.

Unfortunately there are other countries the same, the Irish people are pushing for the pubs to open ASAP.
😂

It was like that every morning before the lockdown.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 11:53 - May 12 with 1451 viewschad

Corona Virus on 11:38 - May 12 by magicdaps10

Reportedly smoulderingly hot at Burnt Oak, and Jamaica Docks not too parky
Corona Virus on 11:55 - May 12 with 1449 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 19:36 - May 11 by theloneranger

Based on the PM's confusing speech yesterday ... I think I’ve worked it out...

* 4 year olds can go to school, but university students who have paid for the tuition they haven’t had and the accommodation they aren’t living in, can’t go to university.

* A teacher can go to school with many 4 year olds that they are not related to, but can’t see one 4 year old that they are related to.

* You can sit in a park, but not tomorrow or Tuesday but by Wednesday that’ll be fine.

* You can meet one person from another household for a chat or to sunbathe, but not two people so if you know two people from another household you have to pick your favourite. Hopefully, you’re also their favourite person from your household or this could be awkward. But possibly you’re not. But as I can’t go closer than 2m to the one you choose anyway you wouldn’t think having the other one sat next to them would matter - unless two people would restrict your eyeline too much and prevent you from being alert.

* You can work all day with your colleagues, but you can’t sit in their garden for a chat after work.

* You can now do unlimited exercise when quite frankly just doing an hour a day feels like you are some kind of fitness guru. I can think of lots of things that I would like to be unlimited but exercise definitely isn’t one of them.

* You can drive to other destinations, although which destinations is unclear.

* The buses are still running past your house, but you shouldn’t get on one. We should just let empty buses drive around so bus drivers aren’t doing nothing.

* It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.

* Our youngest children go back to school first because... they are notoriously good at not touching things they shouldn’t, maintain personal space at all times and never randomly lick you.

* We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well despite us offloading coronavirus patients into care homes and now we are claiming that was never said in the first place, even though it’s in writing in the stay at home guidance.

* The slogan isn’t stay at home any more, so we don’t have to stay at home. Except we do. Unless we can’t. In which case we should go out. But there will be fines if we break the rules. So don’t do that.

Don’t forget...

Stay alert... which Robert Jenrick has explained actually means Stay home as much as possible. Obviously.

Control the virus. Well, I can’t even control my dogs and I can actually see them. Plus I know a bit about dogs and very little about controlling viruses.

Save lives. Always preferable to not saving lives, I’d say, so I’ll try my best with that one, although hopefully I don’t need telling to do that. I know I’m bragging now but not NOT saving lives is something I do every day.

So there you are. If you’re the weirdo wanting unlimited exercise then enjoy. But not until Wednesday. Obviously.

Did you write that? It appeared in my Facebook feed sometime yesterday afternoon, maybe about 3-4pm ish and the people who posted it (UK Paramedic Humour) said they didn't know its origin but would like to find out and thank them and ask them to join their team! If you did, very well done, mate!
[Post edited 12 May 2020 11:55]
Corona Virus on 12:50 - May 12 with 1399 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 11:38 - May 12 by magicdaps10

Sunny and, once again, quite warm.

I’ve seen lots of pictures already - amazingly the ‘people in my carriage’ this morning were the same people, wearing the same clothes, sitting in the same seats as the ‘people in my carriage’ yesterday.

What are the chances...
Corona Virus on 13:32 - May 12 with 1347 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 12:50 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

I’ve seen lots of pictures already - amazingly the ‘people in my carriage’ this morning were the same people, wearing the same clothes, sitting in the same seats as the ‘people in my carriage’ yesterday.

What are the chances...

Creatures of habit, obviously.
Corona Virus on 13:59 - May 12 with 1318 viewsmagicdaps10

What are the chances...

I would be concerned if they were wearing the same clothes 2 days on a trot 😭

Hygiene hygiene hygiene is the new test test test.

STAY alert didn't even survive the first 24hrs 🙄

Corona Virus on 15:33 - May 12 with 1255 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 11:53 - May 12 by chad

Reportedly smoulderingly hot at Burnt Oak, and Jamaica Docks not too parky

Burnt Oak FFS

That's not a place for the faint hearted

Corona Virus on 15:37 - May 12 with 1245 viewswaynekerr55

What are the chances...

It's in the Daily Mail so must be true.

Did anyone see their start at demonising teachers on sunday. Utter, utter filth.

Corona Virus on 18:15 - May 12 with 1153 viewsinspector

in the past 2 odd months, i've liked more Piers Morgan tweets than i care to admit. i think i need a lie down.
Corona Virus on 18:28 - May 12 with 1130 viewschad

Corona Virus on 18:15 - May 12 by inspector

in the past 2 odd months, i've liked more Piers Morgan tweets than i care to admit. i think i need a lie down.

With Piers? You must really like him.
Corona Virus on 18:35 - May 12 with 1116 viewschad

Corona Virus on 09:28 - May 12 by WarwickHunt

He’s currently killing Johnson with kindness. A very clever guy.

It’s like Chinese water torture.

Perhaps Reigate grammar public school fees, of circa 20K a year, worth a punt now then?

Interesting though, that comps were being imposed from Labour policy of the mid 60s, (even before the time Keir attended that school), and the widespread opportunity to try for grammar school, stripped from the majority of ordinary children.
Corona Virus on 18:55 - May 12 with 1095 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tomorrow will be an interesting test for public transport use. It’s been creeping up slowly for a while although obviously still massively down on normal usage.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 18:58 - May 12 with 1089 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:35 - May 12 by chad

Perhaps Reigate grammar public school fees, of circa 20K a year, worth a punt now then?

Interesting though, that comps were being imposed from Labour policy of the mid 60s, (even before the time Keir attended that school), and the widespread opportunity to try for grammar school, stripped from the majority of ordinary children.

It wasn’t fee paying when Keir went. It was a grammar school that he went to because he passed the 11 plus.

I’ve very mixed feeling about grammar school btw, but that’s a completely different conversation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024