Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 436699 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Mar 20 with 1428 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:49 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

I have only seen one "white" man in Swansea wearing one, but quite a few Asians, they know what it is all about, they have been there and done that and have got millions of face masks to prove it.
In the London railway stations only Asians again.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 19:51]

No, it’s not just Asians.

I live here. Lots have been wearing them.

Lots of Chinese and tourists from South East Asia btw wear them all the time - it’s because of pollution, not disease.
Corona Virus on 19:57 - Mar 20 with 1423 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 19:54 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

Yes, but there is a lot of nonsense about that.

The BBC went to Leicester Square on the 6 o’clock news to assess the impact of the shutdown. It was completely empty. And that was at 6 on a Friday night.

If people in Swansea are going out more fool them.

Leicester Sq was empty - except for the usual couple of idiots in the background. Makes a change from the "Stop Brexit" man in the background though. Every cloud, and all that.
Corona Virus on 19:58 - Mar 20 with 1416 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 19:54 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

Yes, but there is a lot of nonsense about that.

The BBC went to Leicester Square on the 6 o’clock news to assess the impact of the shutdown. It was completely empty. And that was at 6 on a Friday night.

If people in Swansea are going out more fool them.

This is really difficult to enforce, our local is having a £2:00 a pint shutdown. I shall never go in there again. These are the people who will be saying the government is to blame when they are impacted.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 19:59 - Mar 20 with 1413 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

Lots of Chinese and tourists from South East Asia btw wear them all the time - it’s because of pollution, not disease.

He'll be back in a minute with a link to a dubious study that shows you're wrong.
Corona Virus on 20:00 - Mar 20 with 1408 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:56 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

Yes that is why Singapore made it law that every Company had to supply their employees with masks and hand wash when COVID19 appeared in their country.
Because of their polution.

Edit, sorry it was actually Indonesia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Indonesia
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 12:52]
Corona Virus on 20:01 - Mar 20 with 1399 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 20:00 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes that is why Singapore made it law that every Company had to supply their employees with masks and hand wash when COVID19 appeared in their country.

See, told you Lisa.
Corona Virus on 20:02 - Mar 20 with 1396 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 19:39 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

The scientific advice is that masks don’t help prevent people catching it unless they are the correct type, and properly fitted.

You need to stop pretending you know more than scientists.

ultracrepidarianism is rife in this thread. The usual suspects of course!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 20:07]
Corona Virus on 20:04 - Mar 20 with 1382 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 19:47 - Mar 20 by hobo

I'm amazed at the lack of masks around, even in London. Does seem to be picking up in the last few days, but I've pretty much been the only non-Asian wearing one for the last few weeks

Tell me, who is going to face fit test all the people that you want to wear them? Who is going to "train" them on how to wear them, store them and clean them correctly? Don't forget, you have to be clean shaven to achieve the maximum protection from them. Who is going to produce all the masks for everyone to wear?

And if you don't do all the above correctly, then you may as well put a sock over your face.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:06 - Mar 20 with 1374 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Well Trigger Tristan, let me tell you about two of my dad's friends. On their 16th Birthday in 1940 the same age as you, they were keen to do their bit for king and country, so they signed for the Merchant Navy as you could join the war effort at 16 rather than wait to be 18 to joim the armed forces.

Both perished within a week when a convoy was attacked, one of the swam to the U boat but was pushed back into the sea. My father never said goodbye, never saw them again and never went to their funeral.

So get out of your fooking onesie and start helping the vulnerable in the community.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51978408

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 20:08 - Mar 20 with 1365 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:00 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

You really are a fool.
Corona Virus on 20:09 - Mar 20 with 1358 viewsWingstandwood

Corona Virus on 15:32 - Mar 20 by legoman

I've referred on here before to my son's qualification in virology and I circulated a note his boss Jeremy Rossman has written

This is his website: https://researchaidnetworks.org/

and for those interested Jeremy is being interviewed on LBC around 4pm

Respect to these virologists, talk about complicated science!

I watched one of them on the TV this week, he had been using a computer required to map out the DNA sequencing of the virus. It looked it could fill an old engineers Godfrey Siddons Geometry book. Talk about Einstein stuff!

Your son would definitely get into MENSA with ease!

Argus!

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Mar 20 with 1358 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 20:04 - Mar 20 by Neath_Jack

Tell me, who is going to face fit test all the people that you want to wear them? Who is going to "train" them on how to wear them, store them and clean them correctly? Don't forget, you have to be clean shaven to achieve the maximum protection from them. Who is going to produce all the masks for everyone to wear?

And if you don't do all the above correctly, then you may as well put a sock over your face.

It's not difficult, and there's plenty of information out there. I find shaving helps to get rid of facial hair too
Corona Virus on 20:11 - Mar 20 with 1352 viewsGaryjack

I went to my local branch of 'mask savers' today. Had a simple mask test, that took 20 mins, Chose the mask i wanted, had a fitting and i can pick them up next week. 2 for the price of one.
Corona Virus on 20:15 - Mar 20 with 1323 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Mar 20 by hobo

It's not difficult, and there's plenty of information out there. I find shaving helps to get rid of facial hair too

Oh FFS. No...there's no point is there.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 20:17 - Mar 20 with 1316 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 19:59 - Mar 20 by ploppy

He'll be back in a minute with a link to a dubious study that shows you're wrong.

Yes very dubious, the WHO, note that it is infected people that should wear them.
But in the case of COVID19 how do you know if you have it if you are infectious before symptoms appear or you have very minor symptoms.
But you will see from the article the real reason for not pushing for their use, there is a world shortage of face masks for professionals, so god forbid the plebs buy them all up for their personal use.
https://www.france24.com/en/20200317-masks-gloves-don-t-stop-coronavirus-spread-

If they really didn't work none of the professionals would be bothering to wear them, every Italian Medic is in full suit and face mask, because they don't work.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 20:20]
Corona Virus on 20:21 - Mar 20 with 1285 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Mar 20 by Garyjack

Sounds like another nasty virus.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 20:22 - Mar 20 with 1285 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Why clean them correctly when you only go out once a week, just put it in a plastic bag and chuck it in the dustbin and wear a new one.
Corona Virus on 20:24 - Mar 20 with 1273 viewsploppy

Corona Virus on 20:17 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes very dubious, the WHO, note that it is infected people that should wear them.
But in the case of COVID19 how do you know if you have it if you are infectious before symptoms appear or you have very minor symptoms.
But you will see from the article the real reason for not pushing for their use, there is a world shortage of face masks for professionals, so god forbid the plebs buy them all up for their personal use.
https://www.france24.com/en/20200317-masks-gloves-don-t-stop-coronavirus-spread-

If they really didn't work none of the professionals would be bothering to wear them, every Italian Medic is in full suit and face mask, because they don't work.

Well done. You never disappoint. I'm surprised, given the amount of time you spend looking for articles on the internet - all day, every day (and they're from a variety of sources as long as they agree with you) - that you have time to take a sh!t. It's called confirmation bias.
Corona Virus on 20:25 - Mar 20 with 1270 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 20:21 - Mar 20 by Highjack

Sounds like another nasty virus.

You may well be closer to the truth than you think!
Corona Virus on 20:25 - Mar 20 with 1269 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Mar 20 by hobo

Ah there we are, easy peasy then.

Only 50 odd million people to sort out then, more if you want to include children.

F*ck sake.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Corona Virus on 20:26 - Mar 20 with 1259 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 20:22 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Why clean them correctly when you only go out once a week, just put it in a plastic bag and chuck it in the dustbin and wear a new one.

And that is why nobody with any sense takes you seriously.

Good evening to you sir.

Corona Virus on 20:31 - Mar 20 with 1234 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 20:25 - Mar 20 by Neath_Jack

Ah there we are, easy peasy then.

Only 50 odd million people to sort out then, more if you want to include children.

F*ck sake.

How do China cope with a 1.3bn population?

Iesu Grist
Corona Virus on 20:40 - Mar 20 with 1201 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Mar 20 by Garyjack

I love it when I have to google words. Very apt word too. Kudos.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:51 - Mar 20 with 1184 viewstheloneranger

Corona Virus on 20:11 - Mar 20 by Garyjack

I went to my local branch of 'mask savers' today. Had a simple mask test, that took 20 mins, Chose the mask i wanted, had a fitting and i can pick them up next week. 2 for the price of one.

They fvcking seen you coming 😎

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Corona Virus on 21:07 - Mar 20 with 1145 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:17 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

“ there is a world shortage of face masks for professionals,”

In which case they need them more don’t you think?

Stay inside.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024