Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What words would under 30s not understand? 03:10 - Jun 16 with 8977 viewsGlyn1

I'm starting off with:

Vetch

and

Whelk (thanks Ebo)

Shame there aren't any under 30s on this site. I've always wanted to know if that guy Taylor Sheeran is any good. Someone told me that he was the new Des O'Connor.

Or alternatively, what words do under 30s use that over 30s wouldn't understand?
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 3:42]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:00 - Jun 16 with 1227 viewsVincent_Vega

Rad
Dude

Not a word but remembering theme tunes
Adjusting your day for tv rather than catch up

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:02 - Jun 16 with 1227 viewsdickythorpe

What words would under 30s not understand? on 10:28 - Jun 16 by Joe_bradshaw

What a bunch of curmudgeons.

Since retiring I spend a fair bit of time working with student nurses, paramedics, cardiologists, audiologists etc. There are exceptions that prove the rule but they are respectful, hard working, empathetic, caring and bright young people who are a delight to be around.

Those are high end jobs so in order to achieve them they would have to have something about them.

Its the under 25's who just stare into space that do my swede in at present.
You say hello and it's all they can do to muster an audible reply.
They are incapable of starting a conversation, incapable of looking interested, incapable of creating their own work loads, have a chip on their shoulder........but when an ice cream van rolls up jingling its melody they perk up and start running around like mad fools!!
Oh and if you do make a breakthrough and have a conversation......the next time you talk to them it's back to square one as if it's the first time you've ever met them!!!
Plus they think they are rock hard if they've gone to the gym twice in a week.
What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:19 - Jun 16 with 1212 viewsJimmyGilligan

Yet another potentially humourous, light hearted thread turned into a moan by Daily Mail reading, bigoted old bastards

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:26 - Jun 16 with 1205 viewsLohengrin

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:19 - Jun 16 by JimmyGilligan

Yet another potentially humourous, light hearted thread turned into a moan by Daily Mail reading, bigoted old bastards

Go for a walk, Mont. Get out of that bedsit for an hour, or pull the curtains back and open the window at least.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:51 - Jun 16 with 1193 viewsDarran

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:19 - Jun 16 by JimmyGilligan

Well said Christopher some people are really starting to get my dander up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:56 - Jun 16 with 1187 viewsLohengrin

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:51 - Jun 16 by Darran

Haven’t you got little blue tablets for that?

What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:05 - Jun 16 with 1175 viewsDarran

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:56 - Jun 16 by Lohengrin

Haven’t you got little blue tablets for that?

No,not yet anyway. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:07 - Jun 16 with 1173 viewsBrynCartwright

Unshaved minges!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Login to get fewer ads

What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:18 - Jun 16 with 1161 viewsGreatBritton

Poodlefaker

Although not many people under 80 would know this one
What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:33 - Jun 16 with 1147 viewsBrynCartwright

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:02 - Jun 16 by dickythorpe

Those are high end jobs so in order to achieve them they would have to have something about them.

Its the under 25's who just stare into space that do my swede in at present.
You say hello and it's all they can do to muster an audible reply.
They are incapable of starting a conversation, incapable of looking interested, incapable of creating their own work loads, have a chip on their shoulder........but when an ice cream van rolls up jingling its melody they perk up and start running around like mad fools!!
Oh and if you do make a breakthrough and have a conversation......the next time you talk to them it's back to square one as if it's the first time you've ever met them!!!
Plus they think they are rock hard if they've gone to the gym twice in a week.

Dicko Your words reminded me of this sketch from Mr Enfield...!...

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:37 - Jun 16 with 1140 viewsLohengrin

What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:18 - Jun 16 by GreatBritton

Poodlefaker

Although not many people under 80 would know this one

Ha! I’m familiar with that term, not that I’m anywhere near 80 myself but a lot of my reading material is.

What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:42 - Jun 16 with 1133 viewscmajack

What words would under 30s not understand? on 10:26 - Jun 16 by Catullus

Hey it's not us on the streets doing all the arguing and fighting!

It's not the over 60s leaving countless litter on the beach or discarding our kfc and McDonald's wrappers on the first bit of grass they see. But apparently these are the same people that are going to save the planet.
What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:45 - Jun 16 with 1127 viewscmajack

Green shield stamps or S and H pink stamps.
What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:45 - Jun 16 with 1127 viewstheloneranger

Common sense and ...

Fingering!! 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:50 - Jun 16 with 1115 viewsJack11

More of a phrase they'd never understand: My first car was an 11 year old Fiesta that I bought with my own actual money.
What words would under 30s not understand? on 13:00 - Jun 16 with 1104 viewssquarebear

Here's a word I've not heard in decades. Dunno if it's still in use.

Putsy.

It used to mean "easy" as in:

"I bet you can't throw this pebble through that old lady's window from here."
"Sure I can. That's putsy".

According to urban dictionary putsy now means someone stupid.
What words would under 30s not understand? on 16:54 - Jun 16 with 1046 viewsGlyn1

What words would under 30s not understand? on 11:51 - Jun 16 by Darran

What's a dander?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What words would under 30s not understand? on 16:58 - Jun 16 with 1043 viewsProfessor

What words would under 30s not understand? on 12:42 - Jun 16 by cmajack

It's not the over 60s leaving countless litter on the beach or discarding our kfc and McDonald's wrappers on the first bit of grass they see. But apparently these are the same people that are going to save the planet.

Plenty of fags and other crap thrown out of windows by old people when I was a child though. Litter was just as bad in the 70s
What words would under 30s not understand? on 16:59 - Jun 16 with 1041 viewsProfessor

closedown

as in TV -closing down at 11:30ish with the National Anthem (s)
What words would under 30s not understand? on 17:38 - Jun 16 with 1023 viewsNeath_Jack

Ark at this lot...

Plenty of youngsters can spell, and have good grammar, there's more than a few older heads on here who struggle with it.

Same for lumping them all in as being lazy, bad mannered, no respect etc. They are no different (on the whole) to us when we were kids mun.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

What words would under 30s not understand? on 18:31 - Jun 16 with 997 viewsFireboy2

What words would under 30s not understand? on 17:38 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

Ark at this lot...

Plenty of youngsters can spell, and have good grammar, there's more than a few older heads on here who struggle with it.

Same for lumping them all in as being lazy, bad mannered, no respect etc. They are no different (on the whole) to us when we were kids mun.

You wouldnt believe how many people (mostly 20 - 30 year olds) cannot spell, read or write correctly in my job, shocking really when it was compulsory when I joined, if you couldnt you wouldnt make it past the first hurdle.
What words would under 30s not understand? on 19:31 - Jun 16 with 981 viewsoldcob

Wireless.
What words would under 30s not understand? on 20:00 - Jun 16 with 968 viewsJimmyGilligan

What words would under 30s not understand? on 17:38 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

Ark at this lot...

Absolutely; no appreciation for the fact that it will be largely this generation they're slagging off that'll look after them if they get sick, or as they progress in years.
What words would under 30s not understand? on 20:00 - Jun 16 with 968 viewslonglostjack

What words would under 30s not understand? on 18:31 - Jun 16 by Fireboy2

You wouldnt believe how many people (mostly 20 - 30 year olds) cannot spell, read or write correctly in my job, shocking really when it was compulsory when I joined, if you couldnt you wouldnt make it past the first hurdle.

The amount of people who don’t know basic grammar is getting more.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What words would under 30s not understand? on 20:13 - Jun 16 with 959 viewsLeonWasGod

Dripping
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024