Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170361 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:49 - Sep 30 with 2632 viewsGwyn737

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:40 - Sep 30 by Kerouac

He does have dementia.
He did stumble over his words during that debate.
He does look like he is struggling to stay awake.
...and he didn't have any answers

Just because Trump is a prat and behaves like a prat doesn't mean he didn't win the debate...which is probably why the Democrats don't want another one.

1)
Trump:
Name one police force who backs you on law and order.

Biden:
*silence*

2)
Presenter:
You don't believe in climate change do you Donald?

Trump:
I have done a), b), c) & d). I just won't do anything that puts our business at a disadvantage. The Green New Deal doesn't work.

Biden:
Yes it does.

Presenter:
So do you support the 'Green New Deal' Joe?

Biden:
No.

3)
Trump:
Why was your feckless son able to take millions of dollars in backhanders?

Biden:
*Silence*

4)
Presenter:
Will there be a seamless transition of power?

Biden:
Yes, whether Trump likes it or not.

Trump:
You didn't transition power to me in the traditional way. You and Hilary and Obama (etc.) did everything in your power to declare my presidency illegitimate

....and I could go on.

People have to remember that it doesn't matter what journalists sat in a studio think about the debate.
It doesn't matter that the debate was barely worthy of Penlan Social Club, nevermind the Oxford Union.
All that matters is how people at home feel about which were the relevant questions and who had the most convincing answers.

I actually felt sorry for Joe Biden, very very wrong that an old man in his condition has been put in this position.

Dr. P thinks Biden just about shaded it. Is he wrong?
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:07 - Sep 30 with 2606 viewsHighjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:36 - Sep 30 by Dr_Parnassus

He works for FOX yes, he is well known as an outlier. He is a registered Democrat.

There were major concerns about his impartiality coming into the debates, I ignored them as didn’t think anyone would have the nerve to be biased acting as moderator on such a world stage.

It seems those fears were absolutely justified, he even joined in with Biden in mocking Trump at one point, it was embarrassing.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 13:52]

The majority of democrats are nowhere near left wing. Biden, Clinton, even Obama would be considered at least centre right or even quite far to the right of the Tory party if they were British politicians. They are pandering to the woke idiots and antifa and playing on this race narrative because they think it’s a demographic they can pick up votes from but they share nothing with the left really. The moment those votes are in the bag they won’t give a flying monkeys arse about these issues, until 2024 of course.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:23 - Sep 30 with 2588 viewsProfessor

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:43 - Sep 30 by Joe_bradshaw

You know for a fact that he does have dementia?

Are his medical records a matter of public record or are you a mental health consultant who can diagnose remotely?

Armchair neurology is the new armchair epidemiology
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:28 - Sep 30 with 2585 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:35 - Sep 30 by Groo

Your correct, the way Trump is dismantling the postal service and closing polling stations in Democratic areas.

Trump cannot close polls in Democrat areas. They are state run.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:28 - Sep 30 with 2584 viewsProfessor

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:49 - Sep 30 by Gwyn737

Dr. P thinks Biden just about shaded it. Is he wrong?

Biden did not win but Trump lost.
He beat himself. Predicted accurately by CNN yesterday. Trump refused to prepare and had been advised to stop the ‘sleepy Joe’ dementia line. The ‘Proud Boys’ comment has not gone down well.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:37 - Sep 30 with 2573 viewsonehunglow

According to Guardian,Trump won which shows
1.How close this is going to be
and
2.How bereft of intelect are the candidates.

I bleed for America seeing these two at it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:41 - Sep 30 with 2568 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:41 - Sep 30 with 2568 viewsGwyn737

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:37 - Sep 30 by onehunglow

According to Guardian,Trump won which shows
1.How close this is going to be
and
2.How bereft of intelect are the candidates.

I bleed for America seeing these two at it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/30/trump-debate-national-humiliatio

I don't get that from their analysis. Which article are you getting that idea from, I must have missed it.
Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:59 - Sep 30 with 2544 viewsDr_Winston

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:28 - Sep 30 by Professor

Biden did not win but Trump lost.
He beat himself. Predicted accurately by CNN yesterday. Trump refused to prepare and had been advised to stop the ‘sleepy Joe’ dementia line. The ‘Proud Boys’ comment has not gone down well.

It's the second election in a row where the Dems could have picked almost anyone else and had a better chance of winning.

Trump's key voters aren't going to abandon him. If anything they'll double down. I suspect a lot of swing voters will shift Biden's way, but probably not enthusiastically. Getting people out to vote for him rather than sitting it out will be key for him, and that's the message I'm seeing a lot on the Twitters and such.

I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a narrowish win in both the EC and PV for Biden, with Trump having to be pried out of the White House with a crowbar before a long custodial sentence and possibly suicide.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:02]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:18 - Sep 30 with 2523 viewsProfessor

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:59 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

It's the second election in a row where the Dems could have picked almost anyone else and had a better chance of winning.

Trump's key voters aren't going to abandon him. If anything they'll double down. I suspect a lot of swing voters will shift Biden's way, but probably not enthusiastically. Getting people out to vote for him rather than sitting it out will be key for him, and that's the message I'm seeing a lot on the Twitters and such.

I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a narrowish win in both the EC and PV for Biden, with Trump having to be pried out of the White House with a crowbar before a long custodial sentence and possibly suicide.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:02]

That would seem to be the case. Biden was the 'safe' choice not the best. The polls, national and by state have been pretty static. Trump had been gaining but both the 'suckers' and now the 'tax avoidance' have impacted on the middle ground. The DNC have been prepared this time and Trump seems to miss Bannon's direction/dirty tricks. Ultimately the election is decided by about 20% of voters in around 12 states.

There may be more revelations to come. Hearing a lot about money laundering, but we shall see.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:33 - Sep 30 with 2510 viewsLohengrin

Say what you want about Amazon but when it comes to turning a quick buck Bezos doesn’t miss a trick...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:37 - Sep 30 with 2502 viewsLohengrin

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:41 - Sep 30 by Kilkennyjack

The trouble with that Killy is that the Proud Boys aren’t a ‘White’ organisation; and if you lump them together with Patriot Prayer, which the US media increasingly do, then it’s doubtful the combined membership is even majority white.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:39 - Sep 30 with 2497 viewsProfessor

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:33 - Sep 30 by Lohengrin

Say what you want about Amazon but when it comes to turning a quick buck Bezos doesn’t miss a trick...

Was on sale before the end of the debate.

As was this:
https://store.joebiden.com/will-you-shut-up-man-black-t-shirt/

I would go more for this
https://store.joebiden.com/i-paid-more-in-taxes-than-donald-trump-athletic-heath

Which I do every month!
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:49 - Sep 30 with 2483 viewsLohengrin

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:39 - Sep 30 by Professor

As was this:

I would go more for this
https://store.joebiden.com/i-paid-more-in-taxes-than-donald-trump-athletic-heath

Which I do every month!

So do I and every poor bugger I’ll be sat with at twenty to four tomorrow morning wishing we were all any place other than here!

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:57 - Sep 30 with 2471 viewsProfessor

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:49 - Sep 30 by Lohengrin

So do I and every poor bugger I’ll be sat with at twenty to four tomorrow morning wishing we were all any place other than here!

Have to admire the capability of the US to make money from anything.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:08 - Sep 30 with 2462 viewsHighjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:23 - Sep 30 by Professor

Armchair neurology is the new armchair epidemiology

In fairness a lot of people unfortunately have first hand experience with dealing with the effects of dementia, Alzheimer’s and similar conditions. They may not be able to write a paper on the neurological causes but they’ll sure as hell be able to tell you the effects.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:20 - Sep 30 with 2456 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:39 - Sep 30 by Professor

As was this:

I would go more for this

Which I do every month!

Apparently there's a Stormy Daniel's one with the slogan:

I got more money out of Trump than the IRS got in ten years.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:08 - Sep 30 with 2421 viewsGwyn737

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:20 - Sep 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Apparently there's a Stormy Daniel's one with the slogan:

I got more money out of Trump than the IRS got in ten years.

In answer to the direct question “What did you pay in federal income tax in 2016 and 2017?”, Trump answered “millions of dollars”. So who is lying. Him or the NYT?

He then pointed out that before becoming president he was “a private business people”.

And his fans question Biden’s intelligence. Pot. Kettle. Black.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 18:08]
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:00 - Sep 30 with 2390 viewsshingle

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:01 - Sep 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Do bookmakers take bets on things like that and are you saying that you would take pleasure in another human being having a stroke?

Not at all, however i would take great pleasure receiving the money if such an unfortunate thing did happen, better than not receiving anything if such an unfortunate did happen, but your would i take great pleasure in another human being having a stroke comment just goes to show that you belong in the overly dramatic drama queen category.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:21 - Sep 30 with 2373 viewsHumpty

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:30 - Sep 30 by Highjack

Left wing? He’s a Fox News Guy isn’t he?

Correct. But he occasionally asked Trump to stick to the agreed rules, therefore he is left wing. Probably evil too.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:42 - Sep 30 with 2358 viewsonehunglow

Just when you thought it was safe,the Wings come back

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:56 - Sep 30 with 2348 viewsHighjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:21 - Sep 30 by Humpty

Correct. But he occasionally asked Trump to stick to the agreed rules, therefore he is left wing. Probably evil too.

Well it goes both ways really. People who voted to leave the European Union are far right fascists in a lot of people’s eyes.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:30 - Sep 30 with 2334 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:21 - Sep 30 by Humpty

Mr Wallace is a registered Democrat of decades.
But don't let mere facts get in the way of your good stories.

https://heavy.com/news/chris-wallace-democrat-republican-politics/
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:44 - Sep 30 with 2328 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It looks like that nice Mr Biden lied 33 times to the American people during that 90 minute debate, averaging one every 3 minutes.
I expect it was because his memory failed him.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:59 - Sep 30 with 2310 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:44 - Sep 30 by A_Fans_Dad

It looks like that nice Mr Biden lied 33 times to the American people during that 90 minute debate, averaging one every 3 minutes.
I expect it was because his memory failed him.

Yeah, lucky "Honest" Donald was in the other corner

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024