Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTER SHOW PARTY 10:30 - Apr 21 with 14307 viewsNotLoyal

By the time this game gets underway it could be all over, the swans now have the play offs ahead of them IF they can get something from this game or go through the mill against Derby County. Either way Cooper has lost the fans at Swansea, what can he do now ?

Apart from watch Bournemouth go third.

Reading v Swansea City
Mad Stad apparently
Sunday April 25th 2021
Kick off 12.30pm or as some say 12pm.
Probably doesn’t matter anyway

Match Officials
SIMON HOOPER
Stuart Burt and Simon Bennett
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Is it on the tv ?
Of course it bloody is, insomniacs need some form of treatment

Numerous swans fans have decided to make the most of the weekend by not watching the utter nonsense that has been served up by this overpaid bunch of dickheads. There we go, a member of the team here who wants them all bloody out ! I’ve had enough, even when I’m at home it costs me to watch this rubbish, I’m tired, but I get up everyday, put in maximum effort, then I’m tired again, we push on. Elite athletes, oh please shut up.

Sorry Steve, but I can’t watch it any more, my eyes are bleeding

Reading - The real truth
Reading FC have a car park which takes three years to get out of. However not on this occasion. They were the first town to have a Little Thief in 1958. They are also the largest town in the U.K. to not have city status. More old ladies fall over and end up in hospital in Reading than any where else in the country. This is believed to be caused by a lack of spinach in their diet. As previously reported Ayrton Senna lived in Reading, he may have been born there if it wasn’t for the fact he was born somewhere else. He was a regular at “The iffy Gentleman pub” in Tilehurst for well over a month. His favourite food at the time was an emergency biscuit.

A Little Thief restaurant yesterday

In the spirit of solidarity with the ladies Edith Morley was appointed as Professor of English Language at the University College of Reading in 1908. This was a fantastic moment for Edith who it is believed never, ever fell over as she loved Popeye.

Most spoon bending lunatics live in Reading, Uri Geller the first man in space in the sixties Is the best known bender in the world, he makes balls move too.

Cooper drops next season hint as the swans prepare for Reading away - Saturday Edition 24th Apr 2021 09:57
The swans travel to Reading on Sunday looking for the one point needed to secure a promotion play off place. As happened last season it’s Reading again that provide the opposition, the royals need to win for a last gasp opportunity to keep their play off hopes alive. 2

Reading: Rafael Cabral, Omar Richards, Liam Moore (captain), Andy Rinohmota, John Swift, Yakou Meite, Ovie Ejaria, Andy Yiadom, Lucas Joao, Josh Laurent, Tom Holmes.

Substitutes: Luke Southwood, Tomas Esteves, Michael Olise, Sam Baldock, Lewis Gibson, Sone Aluko, Alfa Semedo, Dejan Tetek, George Puscas.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Simon Hooper

Swansea City turn on the second half style and qualify for the play offs again 25th Apr 2021 14:50
From the start it seemed the same old swans, that is bar a few glimpses of hope had turned up at Reading today. The positivity swans fans had before the game almost disappeared when Reading went one up. However, in true swans fashion it was to be a roller coaster from beginning to end. The swans are in the play offs again by damn ! 1

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 10:38 - Apr 21 with 3946 viewsonehunglow

At least not many more.Thanks anyway for your contributions this season.You ve made the watching experience more enjoyable.

I think

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 13:46 - Apr 21 with 3902 viewsBadlands

I have never considered Guehi an out and out CB. A very good defender but no a CB. However he could be the answer to our defensive midfield position. Good defender, quite quick, quite agile, good tackle, a nuisance in the air, a good pass, strong and dould drop back if Bennett, Cabango or a full back pushed forward.
Hamer
Naughton "......... Cabango ...... Bennett ....... Manning
"............................... Guehi
............. Hourihan /Grimes .......... Fulton
............................ Routledge
..... Whittaker...."........... ........... Cullen

Routledge imo should be the central midfield play maker, and Whittaker and Cullen given the roles Borini and Sinclair had under Brendon.

A more a atacking line up ... Roberts and Bidwell for Naughton and Manning.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 13:56 - Apr 21 with 3886 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 13:46 - Apr 21 by Badlands

I have never considered Guehi an out and out CB. A very good defender but no a CB. However he could be the answer to our defensive midfield position. Good defender, quite quick, quite agile, good tackle, a nuisance in the air, a good pass, strong and dould drop back if Bennett, Cabango or a full back pushed forward.
Hamer

Routledge imo should be the central midfield play maker, and Whittaker and Cullen given the roles Borini and Sinclair had under Brendon.

Routledge should never play for us again. As should be the case with a Naughton .

We also need to bin Woody and test Hamer. Woody is going back to the wilderness .

We need a keeper for next season and planning should start now.

We need to forget play offs. They will shame us.

Bournemouth ffs now miles ahead of us in every way .A footballing nonentity but now we’ll run and funded. We can but dream

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 15:19 - Apr 21 with 3859 viewsReslovenSwan1

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 13:56 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

Routledge should never play for us again. As should be the case with a Naughton .

We also need to bin Woody and test Hamer. Woody is going back to the wilderness .

Bournemouth ffs now miles ahead of us in every way .A footballing nonentity but now we’ll run and funded. We can but dream

From the Athletic on Maxim Denim.

In total, the Russian has put in around £150 million and Bournemouth now owe him £126.3 million – evidence of his over-riding importance. It is thought Bournemouth currently have no debt beyond Demin's loans, and he has never asked to take a penny out of the club.

If he was running Swansea The Trust would hold less than 8% of the club. The ground holds 12k.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 15:27 - Apr 21 with 3856 viewsChief

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 15:19 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

From the Athletic on Maxim Denim.

In total, the Russian has put in around £150 million and Bournemouth now owe him £126.3 million – evidence of his over-riding importance. It is thought Bournemouth currently have no debt beyond Demin's loans, and he has never asked to take a penny out of the club.

If he was running Swansea The Trust would hold less than 8% of the club. The ground holds 12k.

Yes the narrative of little old Bournemouth the media darlings should have gone out the window a long time ago

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 16:02 - Apr 21 with 3835 viewsBadlands

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 13:56 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

He worked really hard for scraps as did Lowe, what do expect of the front players when they have to start attacks from inside their own half.
I'm not a Lowe fan but criticism of him last night is just plain wrong. Lowe hasn’t had a chance to work with Routledge, who played some lovely weighted passes, to his co-attacker but weren't anticipated. Grimes, who i am not a fan of either tried to break their midfield with passes that others gave up on.
Routledge also did more than his fair share of defending too. His heavy touch towards the end was poor but the rest was, in the circumstances, good.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 17:12 - Apr 21 with 3802 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 16:02 - Apr 21 by Badlands

He worked really hard for scraps as did Lowe, what do expect of the front players when they have to start attacks from inside their own half.
I'm not a Lowe fan but criticism of him last night is just plain wrong. Lowe hasn’t had a chance to work with Routledge, who played some lovely weighted passes, to his co-attacker but weren't anticipated. Grimes, who i am not a fan of either tried to break their midfield with passes that others gave up on.
Routledge also did more than his fair share of defending too. His heavy touch towards the end was poor but the rest was, in the circumstances, good.

Lowe is a trier.Not hugely gifted and a waste of money really .
Routledge has been a good servant for us.He is an outstanding professional in every way.

However,his time is up and the fact he is simply in the team a a centre forward say exactly how skewed we are now.

The most average /crap teams ,like Hudds/Preston and even lowly Wycombe have showed how badly run we are.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 18:34 - Apr 21 with 3784 viewsOldjack

it pains me to say this but I can't stomach another Cooper the clueless game ,I'm giving this a wide berth

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:10 - Apr 21 with 3744 viewsthornabyswan

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 18:34 - Apr 21 by Oldjack

it pains me to say this but I can't stomach another Cooper the clueless game ,I'm giving this a wide berth

If Reading win at Luton tonight then beat us the Play offs will be looking dodgie.

We have really messed up a wonderful position with some dire lacklustre leaderless football.

I can stomach defeats but lack of effort and a manager with no motivation or enthusiasm I cant.

Cooper out.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:18 - Apr 21 with 3727 viewsshingle

How we are where we are is one of life`s mysteries.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:26 - Apr 21 with 3714 viewsOldjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:10 - Apr 21 by thornabyswan

If Reading win at Luton tonight then beat us the Play offs will be looking dodgie.

We have really messed up a wonderful position with some dire lacklustre leaderless football.

I can stomach defeats but lack of effort and a manager with no motivation or enthusiasm I cant.

Cooper out.

attack mode by all especially the midfield is all that is needed ,wtf is wrong with him

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:43 - Apr 21 with 3686 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:26 - Apr 21 by Oldjack

attack mode by all especially the midfield is all that is needed ,wtf is wrong with him

We can always dig the garden ,Alan.

Weather looks lovely here .I might look at the birds building their nests. It'd be far more interesting.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 21:01 - Apr 21 with 3559 viewslifelong

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:43 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

We can always dig the garden ,Alan.

Weather looks lovely here .I might look at the birds building their nests. It'd be far more interesting.

I’ve been walking the glorious Pembrokeshire Coastal Path today, it’s great for the soul.
Here’s an early season Linnet, amongst many other species of bird life seen today. You need to try it sometime.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 21:35 - Apr 21 with 3594 viewshowenjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 13:46 - Apr 21 by Badlands

Hamer

Excellent suggestion , I agree. I think he has always had the attributes of a defensive midfielder - Runs well from deep ,strong on the ball and draws players to him which gains freekicks in dangerous positions and frees up attacking options either side. Also added height for set pieces . IF I was manager I would be encouraging him to run with the ball as much as possible starting obviously in training sessions.
The only chance we are going to win the play offs now is to throw a curve ball into the mix . Change the personnel ( including goalkeeper ) and positioning as well as the style . Forget the defensive rubbish and go out and attack - we have a solid enough defence to hold on to slim leads .
I would go along with your team selection to a point..... the only reservation I would have is replacing Routledge with Dhanda because he can thread the unpredictable through ball. my team..............

In Goal Hamer
Cabango , Bennett
Roberts Bidwell
Guehi
Fulton Dhanda Grimes
Cullen Ayew ( if fit ) Whittaker if not

Subs Attacking - Lowe to stretch tired defences with pace
Routledge for Dhanda last 20 (Old head in pressure situations)
Brandon Cooper has to be used too good a player not to play some part Hourihane Smith ,Manning , OLI Cooper

[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 22:31]
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:26 - Apr 21 with 3499 viewsDr_Parnassus

A draw now enough to secure a spot in the play-offs with 2 games to spare, quite the improvement on last year which required the last day miracle.

I would say our task is now to solely avoid Bournemouth. I assume they will finish 3rd so we have to stay above Barnsley

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 22:32 - Apr 21 with 3493 viewspencoedjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 21:35 - Apr 21 by howenjack

Excellent suggestion , I agree. I think he has always had the attributes of a defensive midfielder - Runs well from deep ,strong on the ball and draws players to him which gains freekicks in dangerous positions and frees up attacking options either side. Also added height for set pieces . IF I was manager I would be encouraging him to run with the ball as much as possible starting obviously in training sessions.
The only chance we are going to win the play offs now is to throw a curve ball into the mix . Change the personnel ( including goalkeeper ) and positioning as well as the style . Forget the defensive rubbish and go out and attack - we have a solid enough defence to hold on to slim leads .
I would go along with your team selection to a point..... the only reservation I would have is replacing Routledge with Dhanda because he can thread the unpredictable through ball. my team..............

In Goal Hamer
Cabango , Bennett
Roberts Bidwell
Guehi
Fulton Dhanda Grimes
Cullen Ayew ( if fit ) Whittaker if not

Subs Attacking - Lowe to stretch tired defences with pace
Routledge for Dhanda last 20 (Old head in pressure situations)
Brandon Cooper has to be used too good a player not to play some part Hourihane Smith ,Manning , OLI Cooper

[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 22:31]

I hope Dhanda never plays for us again.

He’s fecking garbage.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:27 - Apr 21 with 3460 viewsbuilthjack

Stick the two kids up top.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:43 - Apr 21 with 3452 viewsFireboy2

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:27 - Apr 21 by builthjack

Stick the two kids up top.

Nothing to lose K 🤷‍♂️
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:45 - Apr 21 with 3452 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:26 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

A draw now enough to secure a spot in the play-offs with 2 games to spare, quite the improvement on last year which required the last day miracle.

I would say our task is now to solely avoid Bournemouth. I assume they will finish 3rd so we have to stay above Barnsley

It just goes to show that any win or wins between now and the end of the season is crucial.
With a point we would probably be sixth and Bournemouth third on form. It won’t be nice if that happens, we haven’t got the energy or abiiity.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:59 - Apr 21 with 3438 viewsKeithHaynes

Team for Sunday v Reading

Hamer

Roberts Cabango Bennett Guehi Manning

Grimes Hourihane Smith

Cullen Lowe

And I’m probably a Cullen too much, or a Hamer. The keepers position I don’t see an issue if Hamer comes in, Freddie does pull off some extraordinary saves, but his basics are failing recently. Cullen is obvious, he scores goals. My first game was in 1968 as a four year old, that’s still one of the key requirements to winning games oddly enough. I’ve put Hourihane in because he is due a performance and Reading are just an ok side, probably more attack minded than us but that’s not too hard. I thought Lowe worked his socks off against QPR but to no avail, so that’s our best hope for me. I’m not massively hopeful mind, but then again Reading fans aren’t either, apparently they are worse than the swans. That must be bad.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:28 - Apr 22 with 3427 viewsDr_Parnassus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:45 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

It just goes to show that any win or wins between now and the end of the season is crucial.
With a point we would probably be sixth and Bournemouth third on form. It won’t be nice if that happens, we haven’t got the energy or abiiity.

Agreed, could be a mauling over 2 legs against them.

Need to play Brentford really and hope Bournemouth slip up against Barnsley.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:05 - Apr 22 with 3367 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:28 - Apr 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Agreed, could be a mauling over 2 legs against them.

Need to play Brentford really and hope Bournemouth slip up against Barnsley.

I take no delight in it, unlike me, I’m generally the most positive person when it comes to the swans but it’s taken it’s toll in 2021.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 07:30 - Apr 22 with 3357 viewssP7qupUf

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 22:32 - Apr 21 by pencoedjack

I hope Dhanda never plays for us again.

He’s fecking garbage.

This...with bells on. How many times have we heard that he is coming on with a view to changing the game? He does... gave away a penalty against Birmingham and saw us even more overrun against QPR.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:01 - Apr 22 with 3344 viewsWhiterockin

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:26 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

We could well be in 6th place going into this game, if we were to lose it really would be squeaky bum time. Yes there would still be a 5 point gap, but do you have any confidence in us getting over the line after Tuesday.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:30 - Apr 22 with 3278 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:05 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

I take no delight in it, unlike me, I’m generally the most positive person when it comes to the swans but it’s taken it’s toll in 2021.

Keith.Im a realist.I dont do positive as it is simply a perversion of the mind ,same with negativity.I read many "positive" posts on here,most utterly risible shyte,meant to make one feel better.
We cannot control matter Swan;we can only hope.

Right now, our hopes should be

Binning Cooper-NOW

Binning the dumbass plan to sue the sellouts (still no leeches available)

Having the club sold

We need to make the club attractive in some way to buy and the Yanks to admit they have gotten as much out of us as they can

Hope.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024