Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teachers pay freeze ? 14:51 - Jul 24 with 1914 viewsKeithHaynes

Seriously ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Teachers pay freeze ? on 15:02 - Jul 24 with 1374 viewspencoedjack

Well as they had most of last year off I’d say it’s about right.

There are quite a few working in the NHS who did very little last year I’d also think shouldn’t get a pay rise either.
Teachers pay freeze ? on 15:30 - Jul 24 with 1342 viewsCatullus

Teachers pay freeze ? on 15:02 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

There are quite a few working in the NHS who did very little last year I’d also think shouldn’t get a pay rise either.

Who in the NHS do you think did very little? Nobody was furloughed and people were redeployed to cope with the virus.

Teachers had most of the year off you say. Not the teachers I know and not the teachers at my sons school who ran a hub.

It's not just teachers who are being shafted here, Many, many people have been on the front line of this and deserve better.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Teachers pay freeze ? on 15:49 - Jul 24 with 1330 viewsWhiterockin

Teachers pay freeze ? on 15:02 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

it's amazing how with one post someone can lose all credibility.
Teachers pay freeze ? on 16:04 - Jul 24 with 1310 viewsProfessor

Teachers pay freeze ? on 15:49 - Jul 24 by Whiterockin

Was going to post something.
No need now. Encapsulates everything
Teachers pay freeze ? on 16:36 - Jul 24 with 1292 viewslondonlisa2001

In answer to the original post, the answer is money. The cost of the pandemic on the public purse is genuinely astonishing. Necessary but astonishing. They are also expecting some fallout from the end of furlough to result in some significant, albeit hopefully short term, unemployment which reduces the public purse further.

Unfortunately, there simply isn’t the money to give everyone a pay increase in the public sector, that doesn’t mean it’s undeserved, but it’s also undeserved that so many people in the private sector will lose their jobs.
Teachers pay freeze ? on 16:47 - Jul 24 with 1291 viewsBillyChong

Teachers pay freeze ? on 16:36 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

In answer to the original post, the answer is money. The cost of the pandemic on the public purse is genuinely astonishing. Necessary but astonishing. They are also expecting some fallout from the end of furlough to result in some significant, albeit hopefully short term, unemployment which reduces the public purse further.

Unfortunately, there simply isn’t the money to give everyone a pay increase in the public sector, that doesn’t mean it’s undeserved, but it’s also undeserved that so many people in the private sector will lose their jobs.

Maybe if they hadn’t blown £30 billion odd on test and trace and god knows how much on dodgy Covid related contracts there would be some cash for deserved pay rises
Teachers pay freeze ? on 16:50 - Jul 24 with 1287 viewslondonlisa2001

Teachers pay freeze ? on 16:47 - Jul 24 by BillyChong

Maybe if they hadn’t blown £30 billion odd on test and trace and god knows how much on dodgy Covid related contracts there would be some cash for deserved pay rises

Oh, without a shadow of doubt. Some of the money spent has been spent incredibly badly and track and trace in particular is a financial disaster. This government are an incompetent sh*tshow.

But it doesn’t change the point.
Teachers pay freeze ? on 19:20 - Jul 24 with 1221 viewsmajorraglan

Teachers pay freeze ? on 16:36 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Fair point, however the politicians need to abide by the same principles, if there’s no money for teachers and cops there should be no money for MP’s etc and “special advisors”

Sadly, I can’t see that happening.
Login to get fewer ads

Teachers pay freeze ? on 20:27 - Jul 24 with 1200 viewsBillyChong

Teachers pay freeze ? on 19:20 - Jul 24 by majorraglan

Fair point, however the politicians need to abide by the same principles, if there’s no money for teachers and cops there should be no money for MP’s etc and “special advisors”

Sadly, I can’t see that happening.

Exactly, there’s no problem when MP’s want a 7% pay rise on top of extremely generous expenses allowances and bungs.
Teachers pay freeze ? on 21:54 - Jul 24 with 1168 viewsFireboy2

👏
Teachers pay freeze ? on 01:45 - Jul 25 with 1127 viewsKilkennyjack

👏🏾🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

Teachers pay freeze ? on 08:25 - Jul 25 with 1084 viewsGwyn737

Ignoring the fact that I’ve worked longer and harder (along with the majority of teachers) over the last 18 months or so, a pay freeze is pretty sensible at this moment in time.

Pay scales were raised at the bottom end quite significantly recently, coupled with the fact that the pandemic has seen older people retraining - it’s the first time in about 12 years there’s been a surplus in applicants - means that the job can handle a freeze.
Teachers pay freeze ? on 09:26 - Jul 25 with 1057 viewsmonmouth

Elect a bunch of posh boy hooray henries, me first liars, an assorted coterie of acolytes and incompetents, and expect any sort of fair shake? Good luck with that.

As to Pencoed, pathetic and beneath contempt.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Teachers pay freeze ? on 09:39 - Jul 25 with 1044 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Teachers pay freeze ? on 09:26 - Jul 25 by monmouth

Elect a bunch of posh boy hooray henries, me first liars, an assorted coterie of acolytes and incompetents, and expect any sort of fair shake? Good luck with that.

It is estimated it will take 20 years to pay off the debt incurred during the pandemic. I wonder how may will be happy to pay the increased taxes to pay of the debts plus inflation busting pay rises to public sector workers while am estimated 1 million private sector workers will lose their jobs when furlough ends.

We are all going to have to accept small pay rises, and increasing taxes for the foreseeable future.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Teachers pay freeze ? on 10:25 - Jul 25 with 1019 viewsItchySphincter

Teachers pay freeze ? on 15:30 - Jul 24 by Catullus

Who in the NHS do you think did very little? Nobody was furloughed and people were redeployed to cope with the virus.

Teachers had most of the year off you say. Not the teachers I know and not the teachers at my sons school who ran a hub.

It's not just teachers who are being shafted here, Many, many people have been on the front line of this and deserve better.

Politics of envy. The UK under a Bodger government is a cesspit of it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Teachers pay freeze ? on 13:35 - Jul 25 with 944 viewsRonaldStump

Probably the ones who did the Tik Tok videos

(He She Him)

Teachers pay freeze ? on 13:36 - Jul 25 with 943 viewsRonaldStump

Teachers pay freeze ? on 16:47 - Jul 24 by BillyChong

Now you're talking

(He She Him)

Teachers pay freeze ? on 18:17 - Jul 25 with 893 viewspencoedjack

I work in the industry, if you believe (as an example) an orthopaedic surgeon deserves a 15% pay rise for the work they have done in the last year, so be it.

There are people who work in the NHS who deserve a 1 off bonus payment for the incredible work they have done in the last year but giving a sweeping pay rise to all is a non starter for a country that has paid out billions to keep people in the non public sector living with 80% of their wage.

After we are out of this the NHS needs a shake up from top to bottom & it should be run by professional people who understand the industry & not political parties (whoever is in power) the waste in the NHS is something to behold.

Of course teachers (& others) remained on 100% pay even though there was next to no teaching at times at the beginning of the pandemic ( except it seems in Swansea) so deserve a pay freeze.
Teachers pay freeze ? on 18:21 - Jul 25 with 887 viewsonehunglow

Teachers pay freeze ? on 09:26 - Jul 25 by monmouth

I'd have posh boys,hoorah henris,or anyone really who could lead this country.

Posh seems poison in Wales .Plenty of posh in Monmouth .

Plenty in Caswell ,Langland and Gower or have they all been slaughtered

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Teachers pay freeze ? on 19:05 - Jul 25 with 859 viewsjack_lord

Teachers pay freeze ? on 18:17 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

I work in the industry, if you believe (as an example) an orthopaedic surgeon deserves a 15% pay rise for the work they have done in the last year, so be it.

There are people who work in the NHS who deserve a 1 off bonus payment for the incredible work they have done in the last year but giving a sweeping pay rise to all is a non starter for a country that has paid out billions to keep people in the non public sector living with 80% of their wage.

After we are out of this the NHS needs a shake up from top to bottom & it should be run by professional people who understand the industry & not political parties (whoever is in power) the waste in the NHS is something to behold.

Of course teachers (& others) remained on 100% pay even though there was next to no teaching at times at the beginning of the pandemic ( except it seems in Swansea) so deserve a pay freeze.

I kind of agree with your thinking. I havent seen my neighbours leave for work in the time we moved here. My wife's cousins are teachers and they have been having a whale of a time while she has been stressing to high heaven in Singleton hospital.
I haven't had a pay rise this year (in the private sector) and unlikely to have one next year.
My previous job saw 2 pathetic pay rises in 11 years so I don't know why people harp on about public servants deserving pay rises.
The debt has to cleared by the government so let's get on with it.
Am I jealous of the furloughed bunch? Yes but I wouldnt want to be facing losing my job!

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Teachers pay freeze ? on 19:14 - Jul 25 with 845 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Teachers pay freeze ? on 18:17 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

Post of the day.
If only more people could use reason and not resort to emotion.

I am personally sick to the back teeth of politicians of all parties lining up to dish out goodies to the public sector (because it is popular and a vote winner) when people in the public sector in most parts of the UK (certainly Wales) have it much, much, better than the private sector.

These days it seems to be impossible for some people to get their head around the fact that the vast majority of public sector workers do it for the pay, the conditions, the holidays, the pension.
Instead ‘Sainthood’ is bestowed on public sector workers.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Teachers pay freeze ? on 20:22 - Jul 25 with 818 viewstrampie

Top earning public sector workers should have a pay cut, they earn too much money and it's paid for by the public purse.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Teachers pay freeze ? on 20:29 - Jul 25 with 817 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Teachers pay freeze ? on 20:22 - Jul 25 by trampie

Top earning public sector workers should have a pay cut, they earn too much money and it's paid for by the public purse.

Don't forget the gold plated pensions that are worth about 40% of salary. Those earning 100K are really on 140K compared to those who have to self fund pensions like the self employed and many in the private sector.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Teachers pay freeze ? on 21:03 - Jul 25 with 789 viewspencoedjack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/nhs-bosses-raking-30
Teachers pay freeze ? on 21:05 - Jul 25 with 782 viewsTreforys_Jack

Teachers pay freeze ? on 19:05 - Jul 25 by jack_lord

I kind of agree with your thinking. I havent seen my neighbours leave for work in the time we moved here. My wife's cousins are teachers and they have been having a whale of a time while she has been stressing to high heaven in Singleton hospital.
I haven't had a pay rise this year (in the private sector) and unlikely to have one next year.
My previous job saw 2 pathetic pay rises in 11 years so I don't know why people harp on about public servants deserving pay rises.
The debt has to cleared by the government so let's get on with it.
Am I jealous of the furloughed bunch? Yes but I wouldnt want to be facing losing my job!

You've not seen your neighbours leave for work, maybe they are working from home , which is certainly not all ots cracked up to be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024