Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH 10:49 - Aug 25 with 19767 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the country and western town of Preston. The team with P N and E in their name. Let’s add an I and an S.

Saturday 28th August 2021
Deepdale Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

It’s the final game before the international break, that’s the last game before the next ones start, which will be at the end of the international break.

Match Officials
THOMAS BRAMALL
Thomas loves a card. 21 🟨 in his first 10 games. The EFL generally give him league one or two games so this is a step up.
Assisted by : Richard Wild and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

Preston is famous for many things, the first KFC, the first Motorway, the word ‘teetotal’ comes from Preston, which I as your host totally agree with. It’s also a fact that the highest amount of bellends in the country come from Preston, oh, but think, yes bellends are made in Preston, the very ends of bells in church spires ( or lofts ) that make the noise that bloody annoy you on Sundays. That’s why they have a church with the tallest spire in England, to fit all the bellends in.

The home ends at Preston are also full of bellends.

Six players unavailable for Swansea City’s away clash at PNE 27th Aug 2021 08:00
Swansea City travel to Lancashire today with a number of players unavailable for selection. Kyle Joseph won’t play this weekend as he is in Gloucestershire finalising his loan to Cheltenham Town. Korey Smith and Liam Walsh are also still out, but the good news is Connor Roberts is around two weeks away from upping his training regime. Swans fans could see him back by mid to late September. 0

On the day tickets will be available to purchase from the away ticket office at Deepdale.

The away ticket office is located at the Bill Shankly Kop, adjacent to the away turnstiles.

Get your vaccination today
“We hope it provides an accessible and convenient chance for supporters of both the Lilywhites, and our visitors Swansea City, to be able to get a first or second dose of the vaccine while attending the game.” Dr Zak Patel, Clinical Director, the Preston North Primary Care Network (PCN) said: “We are incredibly proud to be able to offer a mobile Covid-19 vaccination clinic in a place that is convenient and accessible, for footballers and fans alike. “Whether you’re looking forward to getting back to spending time with family and friends, planning your next holiday or counting down the days until your favourite festival, the vaccine will help keep you and those around you safe.

Preston North End: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van den Berg, Ben Whiteman, Patrick Bauer, Daniel Johnson (captain), Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Ledson, Emil Riis, Sean Maguire, Josh Earl.

Substitutes: Declan Rudd, Greg Cunningham, Josh Harrop, Joe Rafferty, Scott Sinclair, Joe Rodwell-Grant, Brad Pott.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Kyle Naughton, Brandon Cooper, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Jamal Lowe.

Russell Martin agrees entirely, the swans were shockingly bad ! 28th Aug 2021 20:15
Pulling no punches whatsoever Swansea City manager Russell Martin stated post match his team just didn’t compete anywhere on the pitch. A comprehensive display by Preston North End including pace and pressing in the right areas put paid to any thoughts of a swans victory after an entertaining first fifteen minutes. 0

Nothing to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:19 - Aug 28 with 1482 viewsguthrieintherain

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:16 - Aug 28 by jackrabbit

Over-elaboration in midfield just piles on the pressure on ourselves. To be fair Preston are pressing well and Swans are not skilful enough to overcome it. There’s a big hole where our attacking midfield should be. Pirao getting no service. Preston superior. Swans second best.

What a load of rubbish.

Conceded 3 awful goals.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:19 - Aug 28 with 1482 viewsjasper_T

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:18 - Aug 28 by Badlands

What has Cullen contributed?

An assist and a shot on target. Practically our star man after Benda's howlers.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:20 - Aug 28 with 1471 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:18 - Aug 28 by Badlands

What has Cullen contributed?

The assist to be fair. Doing the job of a creative midfielder

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:21 - Aug 28 with 1451 viewsnantywatcher

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:17 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Patterson receives the ball in promising positions in the opposition half, only to take an age to lift his head and spot somewhere to pass. By the time he does, he's often already dispossessed. Surely he was not this bad at his previous club?

When I had a rant about the manager a couple of weeks ago, I wrote I'm not even sure if Martin knows what a decent footballer looks like. Paterson looks like a squad league 1 player to me.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:21 - Aug 28 with 1439 viewsWalterBoyd

Naughton and Lowe to save the day ...
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:22 - Aug 28 with 1433 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:21 - Aug 28 by nantywatcher

When I had a rant about the manager a couple of weeks ago, I wrote I'm not even sure if Martin knows what a decent footballer looks like. Paterson looks like a squad league 1 player to me.

Agreed

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:22 - Aug 28 with 1425 viewsguthrieintherain

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:20 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

The assist to be fair. Doing the job of a creative midfielder

Cullen is not good enough needs to go out on loan.

Martin talks a good job but we are poor by anyones standards.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:23 - Aug 28 with 1408 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:16 - Aug 28 by jackrabbit

Over-elaboration in midfield just piles on the pressure on ourselves. To be fair Preston are pressing well and Swans are not skilful enough to overcome it. There’s a big hole where our attacking midfield should be. Pirao getting no service. Preston superior. Swans second best.

This will continue to be the case too until we put a permanent fix in.

Game plans against us are easy. Just press and we will inevitably give it away and then panic and give fouls away.

Was the same against Stoke.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:23 - Aug 28 with 1409 viewsCatullus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:02 - Aug 28 by AndyCole

Martine needs to get a grip on this game before it becomes embarrassing. PNE totally bossing us on and off the pitch.

No tactical interventions as yet, when it's crying out for clear and obvious changes, our midfield is weak, our defence is vulnerable on the left.

Let's hope 'the gaffer comes out with a proper gameplan 2nd half' (LT10).

Bossing us on AND OFF the pitch? What are you on about? What are they doing off the pitch?

The 3rd goal, unless Benda hasn't touched him and that's what he' s arguing about then just what is he up to. Then the goal, he obviously didn't set the wall properlybut still he should have saved it, I think.
I didn't see the first half but from what I've seen so far in the second, we just haven't turned up.
Earlier today I was talking about Bidwell and his habit of drifting from where he should be. Would we be better off without wing backs and just get 2 proper wingers? 4-2-3-1?

All those critics just remember this is a different team again today, a different defence. Until the window shuts, until Martin knows what his best team is, we'll see this. It's painful maybe but hopefully there'll be a gain at the end of it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:24 - Aug 28 with 1396 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:23 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

This will continue to be the case too until we put a permanent fix in.

Game plans against us are easy. Just press and we will inevitably give it away and then panic and give fouls away.

Was the same against Stoke.

You're right.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:28 - Aug 28 with 1327 viewsWalterBoyd

At what minute are we going to start playing possession football, now we have lulled Preston into the false impression that we have no shape or plan, to counter their pressing.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:29 - Aug 28 with 1318 viewskrunchykarrot

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:23 - Aug 28 by Catullus

Bossing us on AND OFF the pitch? What are you on about? What are they doing off the pitch?

The 3rd goal, unless Benda hasn't touched him and that's what he' s arguing about then just what is he up to. Then the goal, he obviously didn't set the wall properlybut still he should have saved it, I think.
I didn't see the first half but from what I've seen so far in the second, we just haven't turned up.
Earlier today I was talking about Bidwell and his habit of drifting from where he should be. Would we be better off without wing backs and just get 2 proper wingers? 4-2-3-1?

All those critics just remember this is a different team again today, a different defence. Until the window shuts, until Martin knows what his best team is, we'll see this. It's painful maybe but hopefully there'll be a gain at the end of it.

Agree completely. Bennet is a liability Cooper lacks pace Bidwell Manning are much of the same type of one footed player that are easily nullified.

Hopefully soon we will see what RM is going to do as we have not got wingbacks good enough at present.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:31 - Aug 28 with 1280 viewsnantywatcher

So...he has left Paterson on and taken Fulton off. (I really do wonder.)
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:32 - Aug 28 with 1273 viewsguthrieintherain

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:23 - Aug 28 by Catullus

Where was the game management for the first and 2nd goals.

This performance is as nieve as I have seen from a Swansea team in a long while.

Getting completely over run it's going to be a long season.

But that's what we deserve the pi$$ing about all summer with Cooper was crazy.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:32 - Aug 28 with 1263 viewsjasper_T

I just don't like our shape. The wingbacks so high they can only be played in behind, and two 10s behind the striker has not bee working for us except against lower league/u18s sides. Never seen another team do it. Can't say I'm surprised.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:34 - Aug 28 with 1246 viewsJohnw102

Just seen Tatey on the bench his face saying it all.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:34 - Aug 28 with 1226 viewsBadlands

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:31 - Aug 28 by nantywatcher

So...he has left Paterson on and taken Fulton off. (I really do wonder.)

Fulton on a card?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:35 - Aug 28 with 1212 viewsCatullus

Cullen in behind Piroe, I dont get it. Cullen is not going to create anything. He should be upfront playing off Piroe.

Bennett can go, when we have that choice! We just look so disjointed. Are the players doing what the manager wants or are they going their own way?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:36 - Aug 28 with 1204 viewsvetchonian

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:32 - Aug 28 by jasper_T

I just don't like our shape. The wingbacks so high they can only be played in behind, and two 10s behind the striker has not bee working for us except against lower league/u18s sides. Never seen another team do it. Can't say I'm surprised.

The guy is a fraud inept set up today with an ultra defensive midfield setup which totally backfired

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:38 - Aug 28 with 1169 viewspencoedjack

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:22 - Aug 28 by guthrieintherain

Cullen is not good enough needs to go out on loan.

Martin talks a good job but we are poor by anyones standards.

More boring than anything I watched last season.

If a manager of the opposition hasn’t bothered to watch any of our previous games they suss us out after 10 mins.

Press high don’t let us play out & we are fecked.

I’ll give the gaffer another half a dozen games to improve on this.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:38 - Aug 28 with 1167 viewsnantywatcher

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:35 - Aug 28 by Catullus

Cullen in behind Piroe, I dont get it. Cullen is not going to create anything. He should be upfront playing off Piroe.

Bennett can go, when we have that choice! We just look so disjointed. Are the players doing what the manager wants or are they going their own way?

If the players were actually going their own way - we might well have been winning.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:39 - Aug 28 with 1149 viewsWalterBoyd

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:32 - Aug 28 by jasper_T

We have a shape ?

Cant believe we look worse in 2nd half.

No positive change made.

Disappointing so far today, luckily the international break is coming at a very good time for us.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:39 - Aug 28 with 1149 viewsAndyCole

We are regressing at a rate of knots. And Martin seems all at sea. Tactically naïve, inflexible tactics, bizarre subbing.

Worse still, no hwyl, which we've had in spades. Our edge.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:39 - Aug 28 with 1142 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:32 - Aug 28 by guthrieintherain

Where was the game management for the first and 2nd goals.

This performance is as nieve as I have seen from a Swansea team in a long while.

Getting completely over run it's going to be a long season.

But that's what we deserve the pi$$ing about all summer with Cooper was crazy.

In a long while? He's set us up this way for every match this season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:41 - Aug 28 with 1096 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:28 - Aug 28 by WalterBoyd

At what minute are we going to start playing possession football, now we have lulled Preston into the false impression that we have no shape or plan, to counter their pressing.

We have had 60-65% most of the game. But again having possession and having possession in dangerous and contested areas are two very different things.

To play effective possession based football you really need some quality, quality players in key positions. Otherwise you do what we, do and while it may work in parts it will invariably break down and present opportunities to the opposition.

I think people are looking back on what we did before and thinking it can be replicated by coaching. The truth is we had the spine of a Premier League team playing in the lower divisions, we were technically superior to almost everyone we came across. This is a completely different kettle of fish.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024