Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH 10:49 - Aug 25 with 19759 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the country and western town of Preston. The team with P N and E in their name. Let’s add an I and an S.

Saturday 28th August 2021
Deepdale Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

It’s the final game before the international break, that’s the last game before the next ones start, which will be at the end of the international break.

Match Officials
THOMAS BRAMALL
Thomas loves a card. 21 🟨 in his first 10 games. The EFL generally give him league one or two games so this is a step up.
Assisted by : Richard Wild and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

Preston is famous for many things, the first KFC, the first Motorway, the word ‘teetotal’ comes from Preston, which I as your host totally agree with. It’s also a fact that the highest amount of bellends in the country come from Preston, oh, but think, yes bellends are made in Preston, the very ends of bells in church spires ( or lofts ) that make the noise that bloody annoy you on Sundays. That’s why they have a church with the tallest spire in England, to fit all the bellends in.

The home ends at Preston are also full of bellends.

Six players unavailable for Swansea City’s away clash at PNE 27th Aug 2021 08:00
Swansea City travel to Lancashire today with a number of players unavailable for selection. Kyle Joseph won’t play this weekend as he is in Gloucestershire finalising his loan to Cheltenham Town. Korey Smith and Liam Walsh are also still out, but the good news is Connor Roberts is around two weeks away from upping his training regime. Swans fans could see him back by mid to late September. 0

On the day tickets will be available to purchase from the away ticket office at Deepdale.

The away ticket office is located at the Bill Shankly Kop, adjacent to the away turnstiles.

Get your vaccination today
“We hope it provides an accessible and convenient chance for supporters of both the Lilywhites, and our visitors Swansea City, to be able to get a first or second dose of the vaccine while attending the game.” Dr Zak Patel, Clinical Director, the Preston North Primary Care Network (PCN) said: “We are incredibly proud to be able to offer a mobile Covid-19 vaccination clinic in a place that is convenient and accessible, for footballers and fans alike. “Whether you’re looking forward to getting back to spending time with family and friends, planning your next holiday or counting down the days until your favourite festival, the vaccine will help keep you and those around you safe.

Preston North End: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van den Berg, Ben Whiteman, Patrick Bauer, Daniel Johnson (captain), Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Ledson, Emil Riis, Sean Maguire, Josh Earl.

Substitutes: Declan Rudd, Greg Cunningham, Josh Harrop, Joe Rafferty, Scott Sinclair, Joe Rodwell-Grant, Brad Pott.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Kyle Naughton, Brandon Cooper, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Jamal Lowe.

Russell Martin agrees entirely, the swans were shockingly bad ! 28th Aug 2021 20:15
Pulling no punches whatsoever Swansea City manager Russell Martin stated post match his team just didn’t compete anywhere on the pitch. A comprehensive display by Preston North End including pace and pressing in the right areas put paid to any thoughts of a swans victory after an entertaining first fifteen minutes. 0

Nothing to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:42 - Aug 28 with 1801 viewsjackrabbit

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:19 - Aug 28 by guthrieintherain

What a load of rubbish.

Conceded 3 awful goals.

What are you trying to say? - If it wasn’t for the 3 awful goals we’d be recognised as the far superior team? Passing to no effect in mid field and eventually inevitably losing it in dangerous positions on the field is of no consequence? Our inability to maintain any sort of attacking pressure and take the pressure off our shambolic defence is again of no consequence?

You’ll have to tell me what stream you’re watching, because on the one I’m watching we’re lucky it’s only 3 goals against.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:43 - Aug 28 with 1784 viewsBadlands

IMO Martin got it all wrong today and the skill levels of the players were poor from goalkeeper to CF.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:43 - Aug 28 with 1777 viewsnantywatcher

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:38 - Aug 28 by pencoedjack

More boring than anything I watched last season.

If a manager of the opposition hasn’t bothered to watch any of our previous games they suss us out after 10 mins.

Press high don’t let us play out & we are fecked.

I’ll give the gaffer another half a dozen games to improve on this.

I do NOT want Martin to fail - but as each day passes my assessment that he might well be a bullshi**er looks ever more likely. He can certainly talk the talk - but walking the walk 'might' be beyond him.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:47 - Aug 28 with 1713 viewsjasper_T

Filthy challenge on Cooper that one. Sinclair carrying a grudge from when Brandon was u12s?
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:48 - Aug 28 with 1684 viewsmagicdaps10

The defence are not comfortable with the except for Naughton, 2 years of defenders being organised and getting that type in has now become an issue.

Said it for a few weeks, our biggest game will now be what happens Tuesday.

Centre half
Creative midfielder or 2
Striker

These are musts for me.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:49 - Aug 28 with 1673 viewsjackrabbit

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:41 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

We have had 60-65% most of the game. But again having possession and having possession in dangerous and contested areas are two very different things.

To play effective possession based football you really need some quality, quality players in key positions. Otherwise you do what we, do and while it may work in parts it will invariably break down and present opportunities to the opposition.

I think people are looking back on what we did before and thinking it can be replicated by coaching. The truth is we had the spine of a Premier League team playing in the lower divisions, we were technically superior to almost everyone we came across. This is a completely different kettle of fish.

Hear! Hear! If you don’t have players with pace and individual skills it doesn’t matter what shape you play, you’re not going to do anything with the ball except give it away.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:50 - Aug 28 with 1658 viewsnantywatcher

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:48 - Aug 28 by magicdaps10

The defence are not comfortable with the except for Naughton, 2 years of defenders being organised and getting that type in has now become an issue.

Centre half
Creative midfielder or 2
Striker

These are musts for me.

And you trust this manager to identify them??
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:51 - Aug 28 with 1636 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I can’t believe how slow Cooper is . That’s an entire back three with zero pace. Benda might get blamed but he’s playing with a kamikaze midfield and a lethargic defence in front of him. Must feel like he’s in a shooting gallery

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:52 - Aug 28 with 1628 viewsJohnw102

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:43 - Aug 28 by Badlands

IMO Martin got it all wrong today and the skill levels of the players were poor from goalkeeper to CF.

Inept totally out of his depth, going to me another Bobbly Bob. More like Russell Grant’s barmy army.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:53 - Aug 28 with 1588 viewsKeithHaynes

Chasing shadows most of the game, embarrassing effort as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:55 - Aug 28 with 1570 viewsMinesapint

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:41 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

We have had 60-65% most of the game. But again having possession and having possession in dangerous and contested areas are two very different things.

To play effective possession based football you really need some quality, quality players in key positions. Otherwise you do what we, do and while it may work in parts it will invariably break down and present opportunities to the opposition.

I think people are looking back on what we did before and thinking it can be replicated by coaching. The truth is we had the spine of a Premier League team playing in the lower divisions, we were technically superior to almost everyone we came across. This is a completely different kettle of fish.

In fairness, you and a few others have been saying that from day one. It is very hard to disagree with you now surely. The proof is there for all to see. Martin will be struggling in the post match interview after this game.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:55 - Aug 28 with 1570 viewsThornburyswan

Simply. Not. Good. Enough.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:57 - Aug 28 with 1537 viewsjackrabbit

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:48 - Aug 28 by magicdaps10

Centre half
Creative midfielder or 2
Striker

These are musts for me.

I agree with most of that, but we do already have a very good striker who is wasted. Do we want another one to starve of possession?
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:59 - Aug 28 with 1514 viewsjasper_T

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:57 - Aug 28 by jackrabbit

I agree with most of that, but we do already have a very good striker who is wasted. Do we want another one to starve of possession?

We also bought two new midfielders who have been out with injury/illness. Bit soon to write them off.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:00 - Aug 28 with 1501 viewsAndyCole

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:52 - Aug 28 by Johnw102

Inept totally out of his depth, going to me another Bobbly Bob. More like Russell Grant’s barmy army.

Somebody mentioned fraud earlier on the thread.

Does a decent powerpoint apparently.

Slick talking, not so slick possession for possession sake.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:09 - Aug 28 with 1429 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:55 - Aug 28 by Minesapint

In fairness, you and a few others have been saying that from day one. It is very hard to disagree with you now surely. The proof is there for all to see. Martin will be struggling in the post match interview after this game.

Sadly it’s been blindingly obvious for a while.

I’d love us to play the way we did 10 years ago, it was amazing. But when people were complaining about our style over the last couple of years, I was saying to them back then, it’s not as easy as that. If it was, then everyone would do it.

It’s an incredibly difficult and skilled way to play that isn’t something that can be coached to anyone, the backbone has to be there.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:10 - Aug 28 with 1426 viewsWalterBoyd

We gave the ball away and lost possession so much, even when under little pressure. Some of the worst passing by us today.

We had 4 shots at goal and 1 corner all match.

The commentators said during the game that the Preston manager said before the match he knew how we would play today and had set his team out to counter it.

We cant be so predictable that any team that presses us we fold, dwell on the ball and make silly mistakes

I think it will take more than a few new players and a couple of weeks on training pitch to fix this unfortunately.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:12 - Aug 28 with 1392 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Watching our wing backs essentially play as attacking wingers, leaving our three centre backs (two of which would lose a 20 metre sprint against a laughable percentage of this forum) exposed must feel like a dream for opposition managers. You don't even have to punt the ball down the wings. As we saw today, even a punt straight down the middle is often enough to catch Cooper and Bennett off-guard and force Benda out of his box.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:20 - Aug 28 with 1348 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:12 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Watching our wing backs essentially play as attacking wingers, leaving our three centre backs (two of which would lose a 20 metre sprint against a laughable percentage of this forum) exposed must feel like a dream for opposition managers. You don't even have to punt the ball down the wings. As we saw today, even a punt straight down the middle is often enough to catch Cooper and Bennett off-guard and force Benda out of his box.

That’s my worry, I think.

We are so open to so many different tactics, high press, ball over the top, set pieces, packing the middle…. even if we come up against a complete clown of a coach, the chances are he will stumble on a game plan that exposes us regardless of intention or specific planning.

Bowyer said we were predictable last year, this is on a whole different level of predictability.

I’m still not too annoyed at Martin as he’s limited with what he has still. It’s just a very weird fit at a very weird time. From here he has to show some further adaptability. It won’t be good enough to just keep on trying to play a way that clearly won’t work.

He has to adapt to what we have and make the best game plan out of it, he can’t keep putting camels in the Grand National and expecting some returns. We need to be smarter.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

PNE v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:31 - Aug 28 with 1284 viewsvetchonian

PNE v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:38 - Aug 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Really looking forward to this one. Preston aren’t in great form and we’re showing signs of turning a corner and gaining confidence. With Piroe looking as sharp and hungry as he has been all we’ve got to do is start a good supply line for him , even though he seems capable of setting his own goals up. Playing away will help too. 0-2 Swans Piroe and Bidwell

good job PNE off form think how it could have been

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:34 - Aug 28 with 1269 viewsmax936

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:52 - Aug 28 by Johnw102

Thought that at the time of his appointment, l’ll give him time though, side woefully lacking in pace and we’ve sent a promising speedy youngster like Joesph out on loan, he’d have been one of the last that l would have sent out, fuk my eyes

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:45 - Aug 28 with 1214 viewsmagicdaps10

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:12 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wow, agree with you once more..... Lack of speed in defence is a real issue. We need defenders comfortable on the ball and speed is essential.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 17:46 - Aug 28 with 1209 viewsmagicdaps10

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:50 - Aug 28 by nantywatcher

Yes I would. Don't think after 3 weeks that it would be fair to say that he is not capable not to identify them.

He can see we need a ball playing defender so that's a start however obvious it is to see.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 18:23 - Aug 28 with 1096 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:50 - Aug 28 by nantywatcher

The two players we’ve brought in since he’s been here both look decent (Laird was quiet today) and you can see how they’d fit in with the system he wants to play. I’m not at all concerned with him identifying players. What does concern me is trying to play that way before we have players suited to it.

Fulton and Grimes were coming too deep today, there was a big disconnect between the back 5 (including those two) and the wingbacks, Paterson and Cullen. I don’t know why we can’t drop the wingbacks a bit deeper and play one of the midfielders further forward.

With two Lairds and Grimes and Downes (with a bit less responsibility to get involved so close to our goal) I think it would be much more cohesive.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 18:50 - Aug 28 with 1027 viewsAndyCole

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 18:23 - Aug 28 by jack247

The two players we’ve brought in since he’s been here both look decent (Laird was quiet today) and you can see how they’d fit in with the system he wants to play. I’m not at all concerned with him identifying players. What does concern me is trying to play that way before we have players suited to it.

Fulton and Grimes were coming too deep today, there was a big disconnect between the back 5 (including those two) and the wingbacks, Paterson and Cullen. I don’t know why we can’t drop the wingbacks a bit deeper and play one of the midfielders further forward.

With two Lairds and Grimes and Downes (with a bit less responsibility to get involved so close to our goal) I think it would be much more cohesive.

Which of course is highly immature and not particularly intelligent management.

Grimes and Fulton has been our backbone midfield for quite some time, and yet as you say even this combination is misfiring under Martine, most especially their disconnect with the backline - something which has been our core strength the past two seasons. Grimes our first outlet, then Fulton thru to Ayew at phase 2 has worked brilliantly. Gone with the bathwater, it seems.

Why on earth change the things if they ain't broken. ? Worrying times.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024