Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wales June Internationals Thread 12:03 - May 13 with 18257 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all going to be here. Loadsa games and loadsa excitement, especially for the World Cup Play Off Final. Will Wales have to rely upon the referee if it comes down to a Scotland final ? Will handyman Joe Jordan be there ? It’s all up in the air, or apparently up for grabs now.

Wales Focus on Connor Roberts ‘It’s just a group of lads who are enjoying their football’ 17th May 2022 18:49
Connor Roberts cannot wait for the opportunity to represent his country again in the World Cup Play Off Final. Ukraine or Scotland await Wales, they play off against each other on Wednesday 1st June. The winner then play Wales in Cardiff. 0

Wales squad announced for huge game in June 19th May 2022 16:26
Robert Page has selected his squad for the World Cup Play Off Final and Nations League games. Swansea City player Ben Cabango hasn’t been selected due to injury but Everton’s Nathan Broadhead will be delighted with a call up. He has spent the season at Sunderland in league one on loan. 0

FAW : Wales supporters could get three year bans for using pyrotechnics 24th May 2022 09:00
The football association of Wales have made it very clear to those fans attending the huge World Cup Play Off match on Sunday June 5th that three year banning orders are an option for those who breach current legislation. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:09 - Jun 5 with 1280 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 19:55 - Jun 5 by onehunglow

How does Ramsey get away with it?

Screwed up for Rangers and he could have done for us.

Both Ramsey and Bale need to ve playing regularly next season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:21 - Jun 5 with 1226 viewsonehunglow

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:09 - Jun 5 by felixstowe_jack

Both Ramsey and Bale need to ve playing regularly next season.

Indeed they do.

Both were passengers today .

Hennessey is whom we have to thank for qualifying

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:26 - Jun 5 with 1248 viewstrampie

Well for once Wales finally had the rub of the green when it mattered.

Delighted for Bale and Ramsey after carrying the Welsh team in the past to finally (hopefully) play in a World cup, they will need to be playing regular football to earn their place in the team as we now have squad players pressing first team players for as starting spots.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:32 - Jun 5 with 1240 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:26 - Jun 5 by trampie

Well for once Wales finally had the rub of the green when it mattered.

Delighted for Bale and Ramsey after carrying the Welsh team in the past to finally (hopefully) play in a World cup, they will need to be playing regular football to earn their place in the team as we now have squad players pressing first team players for as starting spots.

That's the worry Tramps, they both seem really out of form, which is obviously due to barely playing. We rode our luck massively at times and I've no idea how var didn't indicate a penalty after looking at it, but hey ho will take it all day long. My only gripe is, I wish it had been against the sweaties as pay back, not that I'm bitter or anything

Edit - Joe Rodon needs to get regular game time as well
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 20:34]
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:38 - Jun 5 with 1227 viewsScotia

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:21 - Jun 5 by onehunglow

Indeed they do.

Both were passengers today .

Hennessey is whom we have to thank for qualifying

Indeed.

Did exactly what a goalkeeper needs to do. I hate it when a goalkeeper of the team I'm supporting is man of the match, but not tonight.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:40 - Jun 5 with 1148 viewstrampie

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 20:32 - Jun 5 by Treforys_Jack

That's the worry Tramps, they both seem really out of form, which is obviously due to barely playing. We rode our luck massively at times and I've no idea how var didn't indicate a penalty after looking at it, but hey ho will take it all day long. My only gripe is, I wish it had been against the sweaties as pay back, not that I'm bitter or anything

I thought we was hugely lucky myself and that it was a clear penalty for Ukraine I don't know what the commentators said as I was banned from having the sound on as my wife was listening out for our cat that had been missing for nearly a week, just after the final whistle the cat turned up out of the blue, obviously couldn't take the drama of a vital Wales play off game.

Joe Allen is poorer form wise than both Bale and Ramsey the penalty incident just underlined it, he was so slow and ponderous in our own box, took so long to try and position his old bones into kicking the ball that the Ukrainian ran round him and he accidentally kicked the Ukrainian player in my view, accident or not should still have resulted in a penalty kick, only seen one reply at the time and then went to get a drink at halftime, so no idea what the pundits thought.

I was glad we was playing Ukraine as I'm scarred by Scotlands fortune against us, we were the better team both times and got knocked out due to the most ridiculous handball by their own player and a harsh penalty, but the way this particular game turned out I do wish in it was Scotland and we had the good fortune against them that we had against Ukraine.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:52 - Jun 5 with 1123 viewsunion_jack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:40 - Jun 5 by trampie

I thought we was hugely lucky myself and that it was a clear penalty for Ukraine I don't know what the commentators said as I was banned from having the sound on as my wife was listening out for our cat that had been missing for nearly a week, just after the final whistle the cat turned up out of the blue, obviously couldn't take the drama of a vital Wales play off game.

Joe Allen is poorer form wise than both Bale and Ramsey the penalty incident just underlined it, he was so slow and ponderous in our own box, took so long to try and position his old bones into kicking the ball that the Ukrainian ran round him and he accidentally kicked the Ukrainian player in my view, accident or not should still have resulted in a penalty kick, only seen one reply at the time and then went to get a drink at halftime, so no idea what the pundits thought.

I was glad we was playing Ukraine as I'm scarred by Scotlands fortune against us, we were the better team both times and got knocked out due to the most ridiculous handball by their own player and a harsh penalty, but the way this particular game turned out I do wish in it was Scotland and we had the good fortune against them that we had against Ukraine.

Congrats on getting the cat back. Must have been a wonderful sight after nearly a week.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:52 - Jun 5 with 1123 viewstrampie

Ben Davies was great, Wayne Hennessey was great, Joe Allen poor for a long time for us now imo but he wasn't Wales poorest player I thought that award should have gone to Kieffer Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:56 - Jun 5 with 1112 viewstrampie

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:52 - Jun 5 by union_jack

Congrats on getting the cat back. Must have been a wonderful sight after nearly a week.

Yes the first night it was missing our neighbour heard a terrible racket and thought it was wild animals fighting, based on that we began to think that a badger or fox had killed the cat but obviously not.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 22:01 - Jun 5 with 1106 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:40 - Jun 5 by trampie

Ash and Gabs both agreed it was probably a pen.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 22:03 - Jun 5 with 1104 viewsWhiterockin

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 21:52 - Jun 5 by trampie

Ben Davies was great, Wayne Hennessey was great, Joe Allen poor for a long time for us now imo but he wasn't Wales poorest player I thought that award should have gone to Kieffer Moore.

The very early yellow meant that Allen had to play well within himself and curb his natural game. I thought he did well considering that and we were only 2 in the middle compared to Ukraines 3.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 22:05 - Jun 5 with 1101 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 22:03 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

The very early yellow meant that Allen had to play well within himself and curb his natural game. I thought he did well considering that and we were only 2 in the middle compared to Ukraines 3.

Agreed, I know Joe is a jack and I'm biased, but this formation doesn't help him out much.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 5 with 1054 viewsbonymine

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 5 with 1054 viewsbonymine

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 23:06 - Jun 5 with 1054 viewsbonymine

Agree Jamesy mate I said tonight that we needed the 40+ years of luck which has deserted us since Joe Jordan in 1977 to come together to get us over the line ……

The ‘penalty’ decision went in our favour when it could just as easily gone against us but that’s the fine margins in football ….

It’s taken me 57 years to witness us qualifying for a World Cup but it’s taken my newly born granddaughter less than a fortnight it’s simply not fair 😂😂👊

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 23:20 - Jun 5 with 1044 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 23:06 - Jun 5 by bonymine

Agree Jamesy mate I said tonight that we needed the 40+ years of luck which has deserted us since Joe Jordan in 1977 to come together to get us over the line ……

The ‘penalty’ decision went in our favour when it could just as easily gone against us but that’s the fine margins in football ….

It’s taken me 57 years to witness us qualifying for a World Cup but it’s taken my newly born granddaughter less than a fortnight it’s simply not fair 😂😂👊

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 00:50 - Jun 6 with 1022 viewsmajorraglan

Not long back from the game, I haven’t seen any highlights on TV or footage on the news and can only comment on what I saw at the game. It was an emotional evening, Dafydd Iwan set the stage with Yma O Hyd and it went from there. We were good in parts and poor in others, missed a few chances as did they, we prevailed today but on another day it could so easily have gone against us. Didn’t see the Joe Allen penalty decision, but it wasn’t one of his greatest games and he lost the ball more than once. Ramsey, thought he was off the pace too. Bale was a mixed bag, Keiffer Moore worked hard and got through a lot of work but that may not have come across on TV. Dan James did some decent stuff, but he got a needless unnecessary booking and could have picked up a second one and been sent off, needs to be more careful. Hennessy was immense as was Ben Davies, Connor Roberts and Joe Rodon also very good as were the others.

Thought Rob Page was a bit slow with his substitutions, we needed to regain the initiative because towards the end it was all Ukraine.

Crowd were great, supported our team and respected, acknowledged and showed their appreciation of Ukraine. We can hold our heads up high, we’ve given a good account of ourselves on the pitch and a better account off it.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 07:22 - Jun 6 with 948 viewsfelixstowe_jack

She won't remember though I was also too young to remember back in 1958.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 10:54 - Jun 6 with 879 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales are at the World Cup 2022 ! 6th Jun 2022 10:12
Wales at last put to bed the demons of every World Cup qualification since 1958 and took centre stage to beat Ukraine on Sunday evening. Despite the best efforts of a Ukrainian side to equalise in the second half it was Bangor born Wayne Hennessy who ensured Qatar 2022 included the form team from the British Isles. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 13:53 - Jun 6 with 803 viewsonehunglow

Lovely stuff.

I’ve just been educating my own granddaughter about Wales and the hurt .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:03 - Jun 6 with 763 viewsChief

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 13:53 - Jun 6 by onehunglow

Lovely stuff.

I’ve just been educating my own granddaughter about Wales and the hurt .

What a day.

Paying for it today though. Pen dost.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:14 - Jun 6 with 760 viewsFireboy2

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:03 - Jun 6 by Chief

What a day.

Paying for it today though. Pen dost.

Me and builthy started at 11.30, finished at 23.45, we were surprisingly sound this morning considering how much we drank.

We saw the team bus dropping the players and coaching team off at gareth bales bar at around midnight, they proceeded to sing and dance with the fans who had gathered there.

I would have got a video of it but I was too busy singing and dancing with the players, managed to get a selfie with Mr Bale though 😉

What an unforgettable day/night.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 17:40 - Jun 6 with 723 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:14 - Jun 6 by Fireboy2

Me and builthy started at 11.30, finished at 23.45, we were surprisingly sound this morning considering how much we drank.

We saw the team bus dropping the players and coaching team off at gareth bales bar at around midnight, they proceeded to sing and dance with the fans who had gathered there.

I would have got a video of it but I was too busy singing and dancing with the players, managed to get a selfie with Mr Bale though 😉

Good stuff, one point of order though, it's Mr Bale MBE.
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 17:56 - Jun 6 with 718 viewsFireboy2

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 17:40 - Jun 6 by Treforys_Jack

Good stuff, one point of order though, it's Mr Bale MBE.

🤣🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍
The Wales June Internationals Thread on 18:08 - Jun 6 with 711 viewsbennytheblue

The Wales June Internationals Thread on 16:14 - Jun 6 by Fireboy2

Sounds like a night to remember…..👍🤩
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024