Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Countries or people you dislike /like 18:13 - Nov 1 with 2042 viewsonehunglow

This might be contentious but it' dark and grey and I'm annoyed.

Dislike
1.Sweden
2.Switzerland
3.ROI
4.Saudi
5.Qatar

NZ
Canada
France
Portugal
India
Germany

Just a bit of fun

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Countries or people you dislike /like on 18:17 - Nov 1 with 922 viewstrampie

Dislike
1 England
2 USA
3 Israel

1 Wales
2 Wales
3 Wales

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Countries or people you dislike /like on 18:17 - Nov 1 with 924 viewscontroversial_jack

Not keen on Italians, Americans, S Africans. That's about it really.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 18:18 - Nov 1 with 917 viewsonehunglow

Countries or people you dislike /like on 18:17 - Nov 1 by trampie

Dislike
1 England
2 USA
3 Israel

1 Wales
2 Wales
3 Wales

lol.

No surprise then.

Im gonna give my English wife of 40+ yrs an extra cuddle.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:05 - Nov 1 with 881 viewsBoundy

Having not travelled the world extensively to judge each country then I have to say until proven otherwise I like them all , its the people within who can be the problem and that's a different question .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:08 - Nov 1 with 873 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:05 - Nov 1 by Boundy

Having not travelled the world extensively to judge each country then I have to say until proven otherwise I like them all , its the people within who can be the problem and that's a different question .

I think that the OP includes "people" in it's title.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:11 - Nov 1 with 863 viewsSwanjaxs

Jaysus.

What have Sweden and Switzerland done for you to put them above Eire 😂😂😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:14 - Nov 1 with 853 viewsA_Fans_Dad

On another thread I already admitted to really not liking.
China
Iran
North Korea
The last 2 for their human rights abuses, Iran for terrorism as well.
China for human rights, breaking international laws, lack of respect for other country's patents, intellectual rights, import regulations, drug running, fake goods and killing a lot of animals for bizzare reasons mostly to do with health.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:16 - Nov 1 with 846 viewsBoundy

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:08 - Nov 1 by A_Fans_Dad

I think that the OP includes "people" in it's title.

Again I haven't met everyone so I can't write off a whole nation , could you ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:20 - Nov 1 with 837 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Countries or people you dislike /like on 18:17 - Nov 1 by trampie

Dislike
1 England
2 USA
3 Israel

1 Wales
2 Wales
3 Wales

Why do you dislike Israel?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:23 - Nov 1 with 830 viewsFlashberryjack

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:20 - Nov 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'll give you 3 guesses.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:31 - Nov 1 with 808 viewstrampie

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:20 - Nov 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Aren't they like England and the US all right wing imperialist countries ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:40 - Nov 1 with 790 viewspencoedjack

Dutch people for me.

Travelled a lot with work & have learnt not to stereotype people but the majority of Dutch people are arrogant.

I wasn’t overly keen on Russians either.

Indian people I have worked with have been some of the nicest (& smartest) I have met.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:01 - Nov 1 with 766 views1983

Been to a lot of Asian countries and always found them friendly and courteous.

Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:10 - Nov 1 with 755 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:16 - Nov 1 by Boundy

Again I haven't met everyone so I can't write off a whole nation , could you ?

There are good and bad everywhere, but when the majority are of one type then yes I can if I want.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:28 - Nov 1 with 733 viewsFieryJack

Countries or people you dislike /like on 19:40 - Nov 1 by pencoedjack

Dutch people for me.

Travelled a lot with work & have learnt not to stereotype people but the majority of Dutch people are arrogant.

I wasn’t overly keen on Russians either.

Indian people I have worked with have been some of the nicest (& smartest) I have met.

I haven't met many Russians but they have a reputation for being moody, arrogant and rude, and those I met certainly fitted that stereotype.

And there is that joke that no-one has ever seen a Russian smile.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:32 - Nov 1 with 723 viewspencoedjack

Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:28 - Nov 1 by FieryJack

I haven't met many Russians but they have a reputation for being moody, arrogant and rude, and those I met certainly fitted that stereotype.

Yes the same for me the most stereotypical people I have met.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:34 - Nov 1 with 725 viewsMrSwerve

Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:28 - Nov 1 by FieryJack

...and the Russians that I have met have totally disproved the stereotype, being really friendly and jovial.

It’s almost as if you can’t judge people on their nationality.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:45 - Nov 1 with 712 viewsProfessor

I would only comment on where I have been. Not been anywhere where I did not meet people
I liked. Overall my least favourite place in China followed by Israel which is a seriously messed up place though met plenty of lovely people there. Craziest was Ukraine. Most disappointed with Brazil and most surprised by Ethiopia and Colombia . Would say US, Germany, Thailand, Canada and South Africa and those I liked best,’in different ways and for differing reasons.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:59 - Nov 1 with 693 viewsFieryJack

Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:34 - Nov 1 by MrSwerve

...and the Russians that I have met have totally disproved the stereotype, being really friendly and jovial.

It’s almost as if you can’t judge people on their nationality.

"you can’t judge people on their nationality."

Well said, and true enough, Swerve, but most of us fall into the trap of doing just that, and more often than we'd like to think.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:03 - Nov 1 with 687 viewsFieryJack

Countries or people you dislike /like on 20:45 - Nov 1 by Professor

I would only comment on where I have been. Not been anywhere where I did not meet people
I liked. Overall my least favourite place in China followed by Israel which is a seriously messed up place though met plenty of lovely people there. Craziest was Ukraine. Most disappointed with Brazil and most surprised by Ethiopia and Colombia . Would say US, Germany, Thailand, Canada and South Africa and those I liked best,’in different ways and for differing reasons.

Have to say, Prof, I'm more than a little envious of your globe-trotting history.

I haven't managed to get beyond Europe's borders yet, but there's time enough.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:30 - Nov 1 with 650 viewsCatullus

I didn't like the Northern French but in the south they were great. I haven't met an American I didn't like. The Turks and the Greeks were brilliant, the Spanish too. Now Russia, I didn't speak to many Muscovites because of the language barrier but we met one in a bar who was a lovely fella, spoke good english and was very interested in Wales, he'd never been to the UK. The receptionist in the hotel was really nice too, even the armed guard at the entrance was tidy.

Only in the North of France, just outside Paris did I meet several people who were really quite obnoxious. Even being Welsh didn't help!

I don't dislike any country per se, except in a sporting sense, England of course.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:31 - Nov 1 with 646 viewsProfessor

Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:03 - Nov 1 by FieryJack

Have to say, Prof, I'm more than a little envious of your globe-trotting history.

I haven't managed to get beyond Europe's borders yet, but there's time enough.

One of the great perks of the job and have turned down trips to Argentina,
India, Australia and NZ as could not fit around family life. Of course not been anywhere this year! Mostly it’s conferences and meetings, but we have had/ have projects in Ethiopia,
Thailand and Philippines. Best thing is with locals you see things a bit differently (and get much better food). Spending time looking at temples with my colleague in Thailand was a lovely experience even for an atheist. Working in Africa ( a small amount In Malawi as well as Ethiopia) changes your outlook.
Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:38 - Nov 1 with 632 viewsCatullus

Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:31 - Nov 1 by Professor

India, Australia and NZ as could not fit around family life. Of course not been anywhere this year! Mostly it’s conferences and meetings, but we have had/ have projects in Ethiopia,
Thailand and Philippines. Best thing is with locals you see things a bit differently (and get much better food). Spending time looking at temples with my colleague in Thailand was a lovely experience even for an atheist. Working in Africa ( a small amount In Malawi as well as Ethiopia) changes your outlook.

We always try to get off the beaten track and find the hidden gems, there are usually plenty. We do all the main tourist things too mind. I'm not religious but when in Barcelona had to see the Sagrada familia...and the Nou Camp of course!

Africa I would love to get to but which part, there is so much. I too am a tad jealous of your travels.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:43 - Nov 1 with 623 viewsProfessor

Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:38 - Nov 1 by Catullus

We always try to get off the beaten track and find the hidden gems, there are usually plenty. We do all the main tourist things too mind. I'm not religious but when in Barcelona had to see the Sagrada familia...and the Nou Camp of course!

Africa I would love to get to but which part, there is so much. I too am a tad jealous of your travels.

Sagrada Familia is an amazing sight Cat. I have a very faded Gaudi mug from going there and the Camp Nou in about 1996. Coach and camping with my wife (well girlfriend then). It’s a great privilege to see so many places, though too often I get to see far too little of the places I visit.
Off the beaten track for me includes chicken farms and slaughterhouses of the world!
Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:46 - Nov 1 with 616 viewsmajorraglan

Countries or people you dislike /like on 21:31 - Nov 1 by Professor

My brother travelled extensively and he really liked Malawi, said the people were very generous and down to earth, he didn’t like South Africa, wasn’t keen on India as they gave the women he was traveling with a early difficult time and he didn’t like the Israelis he met.

I find most people are tidy wherever you go, but there’s always 1 or 2.New Zealander’s are great except for when it comes to rugby when they become pretty obnoxious, the Dutch can also be arrogant. My experience of the French is generally positive once they know you are Welsh. I also found Malaysian’s, Cuban’s, Americans and Canadian’s really tidy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024