Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... 12:54 - May 12 with 3983 viewsYorkRanger

What would you accept for next season.

For me, if there are signs that we have learnt some lessons, start bringing through young players, bring in some lower Division players with the scope to grow (in capability and value) and combine with some wise experienced old heads then anything mid table or above will be a good outcome.

Practically that means there will be a mix of good days out and some miserable ones.

We have to learn our lesson and do things differently. If there is evidence of that I think people will be patient.

For me I would have Warburton in for the rebuilding.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 12:57 - May 12 with 2929 viewsSydneyRs

Not getting relegated. Anything else is a bonus.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 12:58 - May 12 with 2921 viewsBluce_Ree

Finishing 8th but paying great attacking football and scoring amazing goals. Like in 97.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 12:59 - May 12 with 2915 viewsloftus77

21st place.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:05 - May 12 with 2886 viewsozexile

I want to go up. Hope the club has expectations like that as well.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:08 - May 12 with 2871 viewsYorkRanger

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:05 - May 12 by ozexile

I want to go up. Hope the club has expectations like that as well.

Oz, I guess everyone wants to go up, but what would you accept?
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:12 - May 12 with 2855 viewsdaveB

I've no idea what to expect, last time i feared the worse and do again this time but genuinely have no idea what players or manager we will have come August so I'll go with pessimism for now and be happy to have a similar season to Blackburn.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:14 - May 12 with 2845 viewsozexile

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:08 - May 12 by YorkRanger

Oz, I guess everyone wants to go up, but what would you accept?

I'd accept a season or two if we look like we have a plan and are building.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:49 - May 12 with 2777 viewsDorse

I would like to see a return to the values that made the club in the first place. Realistically, we were always a second tier club that punched above its weight based on playing fast, creative football that allowed good players to express themselves. I never saw Marsh, Bowles, Thomas, Francis etc play except on tape but the spirit that they represented was present in players like Byrne, Wegerle, Bannister, and so on right up until that sublime team of 92/93.

We've seen it in flashes over the last 20 years, latterly with Taraabt before he started to emulate Ronaldo the Elder, or Derby away but, in the main, our sides have been prepared to grind out a result rather than beat the opposition with skill, flair and confidence. Seriously - Adam Bolder, Vinny Jones, Chris Barker, Bob Malcolm, Sammy Koejoe, Eric Sabin etc. Need I go on? How many strikers hit 20 goals a season in the last 20 years for us? Thompson? And...?

Our managers were so scared of losing, they forgot how to win.

If we finish mid-table but have played with attacking intent, allowed players to express themselves and, dare I say it, a bit of swagger, I will be a hell of a lot happier than I have been this year.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:49 - May 12 with 2776 viewsPunteR

Mid table. Youth and lower leagues. Clint in coaching role. Everyone else out of contract gone.
A new 4 year plan starts again.
Forget the premier league for a while.
Ramsey, Warburton,jacket,Clement, Clough, Maclaren will do me.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 14:23 - May 12 with 2729 viewsEastR

I’d settle for us not being relegated, going into the majority of games being competitive, and only reading about us in the media for footballing reasons, thereby regaining some of our respect as a football club.
Sadly, the last of those is probably the least likely.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 14:57 - May 12 with 2661 viewsloftboy

52 points by the end of March will do me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 15:40 - May 12 with 2608 viewsdanehoop

Safety and mediocrity.
Some new young players coming through and showing promise.
Work actually happening at Warren Farm rather than being talked about.
Being able to take my son and go with the vague expectation of being competitive and winning at home.

Never knowingly understood

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 15:43 - May 12 with 2601 viewsBrianMcCarthy

With the wage budget and money that will be given to whoever is our manager, he should be getting us promoted. That will be his remit and anything else will be failure.

It's not what I care about, though. I want the first signs of a long-term plan for our first team, youth teams, recruitment, supporter involvement and - whisper it - entertainment. I don't care much about where we finish.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 17:56 - May 12 with 2520 viewsterryb

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:49 - May 12 by PunteR

Mid table. Youth and lower leagues. Clint in coaching role. Everyone else out of contract gone.
A new 4 year plan starts again.
Forget the premier league for a while.
Ramsey, Warburton,jacket,Clement, Clough, Maclaren will do me.

Agree with this except I still want to keep Ale Faurlin.

I know this is mainly the heart talking, but A Faurlin of 25% of his pre injury ability would be an improvement!
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 18:15 - May 12 with 2502 viewsPunteR

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 17:56 - May 12 by terryb

Agree with this except I still want to keep Ale Faurlin.

I know this is mainly the heart talking, but A Faurlin of 25% of his pre injury ability would be an improvement!

I'd keep Faulin as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 18:35 - May 12 with 2468 viewsJuzzie

Not getting relegated

Not getting trounced by Brentford (if they stay), Fulham or Charlton. Get some fkin' London pride (the drink too) back ffs.

Some proper wins. By that I mean a good well deserved win, not ones where we barely scrape over the line. I cannot honestly remember the last time we did that, probably the 2-0 win at home to Middlesbro in September 2013, nearly a year and a half ago!

52-55 points by March, if not sooner!

Seeing stability on & off the pitch

Good players coming in on sensible wages whether through the youth ranks or acquired

and finally.... winning at Nottingham Forest at long bloody last.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 19:02 - May 12 with 2430 viewsstevec

Not sure how you can have any expectations until FFP has been sorted out
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 19:31 - May 12 with 2396 viewsTacticalR

The Conference is a tough league.

Air hostess clique

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 08:45 - May 13 with 2198 viewsStevenageR

Hopefully mid-table or above, as long as we're not in another relegation scrap then it will have been an okay season
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 09:03 - May 13 with 2177 viewsheadhoops

I just want to go to an away game where we don't fight amongst ourselves, the team go with a spirit and and a willingness to win in style. We have a manager with a plan B and a chairman who has sacked off twitter.
Cardiff in the sun with the inflatables.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 09:35 - May 13 with 2146 viewsMvpeter

The immediate resignation of Tony Fernandes.

(We never get this part right) Replacing him. Maybe someone who spends at least a quarter of their time within say 6000 miles of the f**king club.

Then one of two things, if we act like a football club then expectations aren't high, if we spend 108.3m again then 108 points.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 10:20 - May 13 with 2098 viewsaston_hoop

Just a bit of excitement. Some exciting football. Games with goals in, some of which have been scored by us! Fast attacking football, young players who care, homegrown talent, not having to look at the relegation places, decent beer at HQ, nice looking ladies at the ground, TF to pay for me to fly over to attend, no Joey Barton, games at 3PM on a Saturday, no Twitter, an actual plan. I hope some of those things happen at least.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 10:40 - May 13 with 2072 viewswestberksr

in that division anything could happen.

build a reasonable core of players and start well and you can look upwards. plenty of teams will be there to be beaten (including us) and over 46 games it can be fine margins between success and failure.

we all though we might go down last time and nothing of the sort happened and we didn't have any players that we could sell or get rid of. At least this time there will be a fairly big clear out of dead wood and hopefully some decent fees coming in for Austin, Phillips, Fer and Green. Any chance of resigning Danny Simpson

unfortunately there are 2 or 3 more that i'd rather see the back of but we could say that every year for as long as i can remember!
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 13:31 - May 13 with 2028 viewsichbinnaughty

The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 19:31 - May 12 by TacticalR

The Conference is a tough league.

Ard. It's very ard y'know. Opefully the boy will come as we'd be fenntestic but it's ard.
The Championship 2015/2016 - Managing Expectations... on 16:33 - May 13 with 1968 viewsHarbour

not being relegated winning more away from home ....building a squad and style of play to get us back on track for 2016/17.....but survival in Championship is what we need most for next season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024