Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" 14:06 - Dec 5 with 7182 viewsRangersDave

I've watched this railer a few times know and cannot help feeling that rumours are correct, Bond retires as a white guy and gets replaced by a Black woman.

No problem with a black ''00." or even if that character is a woman, but having Bond as a woman always will rankle with me.
Political correctness gone mad in my old mysogynistic eyes.

Dave Cullen (if you have not seen his You Tube progs i'd recommend them) , think it looks very 'Woke', and i have to agree.

Trailer

Dave Cullen

What are your thoughts, or is it just me?
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 14:13 - Jan 16 with 1405 viewsDorse

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 12:30 - Jan 16 by Loftgirl

It's not a Bond film without our Shirl giving it her best.

I reckon they should have given Coldplay a go. Not for the theme: I just want to see them thrown into a volcano by a supervillain.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 23:28 - Jan 16 with 1339 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'No Time to Die'

Free tomorrow though.
New James Bond Trailer out. on 07:45 - Jan 17 with 1293 viewsHitch

New James Bond Trailer out. on 21:08 - Jan 14 by Konk

This is probably just me being old fashioned, but unless it's a wife at home, a secretary, a woman working in a shop, a woman working in a bar, a woman being attacked before a bloke steps in to rescue her, or some bird a bloke has met in a hotel bar who he's now humping in a hotel room, I would sooner not see women given roles in films. Certainly not important roles in serious productions where the viewer is expected to believe that women are capable of doing stuff like being spies or time-travelling. Especially as the Bond films and Doctor Who storylines have always been so rooted in social realism.

As a straight, white bloke and an aspiring actor, I'm not embarrassed to say I feel threatened by this development. You might ask why, with all the problems there are in the world, I'm worrying about whether or not a woman gets to play a fictional spy character in a film, but I just wonder where it will end? Same as women's football. It's just not natural.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 21:16]

Aspiring Actor Konk. My word.
Don't think i'll be seeing you on Peaky Binders.
Perhaps King Konk
New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 08:23 - Jan 17 with 1268 viewsMetallica_Hoop

They had a discussion on the themes on HYS.

There was lots of love for Chris Cornell which was nice.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 08:23 - Jan 17 with 1268 viewsWatford_Ranger

It’s a fictional character. Do people really care? Appreciate I’m 20-40 years younger than most here at a guess so maybe it’s just a generation thing.
New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:11 - Jan 17 with 1222 viewsKonk

New James Bond Trailer out. on 07:45 - Jan 17 by Hitch

Aspiring Actor Konk. My word.
Don't think i'll be seeing you on Peaky Binders.
Perhaps King Konk

I dunno mate, I can wear a suit, wave a gun and shout, "I FOUGHT FOR THE KINGGGGG!" as well as anyone out there. Failing that I can give it the old Tom Hardy North London Jewish bloke/Fiddler on the Roof bit. My New York accent is absolute pony, though, so I wouldn't put myself forward for the American parts. I just need a break. This is what I find so frustrating - there just aren't any roles out there for a white British male; and that's been the problem for as long as I can remember.

They've already got Wonder Woman, Super Gran and Heidi; do they really need James Bond and Dr Who as well?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:12 - Jan 17 with 1219 viewsMick_S

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:11 - Jan 17 by Konk

I dunno mate, I can wear a suit, wave a gun and shout, "I FOUGHT FOR THE KINGGGGG!" as well as anyone out there. Failing that I can give it the old Tom Hardy North London Jewish bloke/Fiddler on the Roof bit. My New York accent is absolute pony, though, so I wouldn't put myself forward for the American parts. I just need a break. This is what I find so frustrating - there just aren't any roles out there for a white British male; and that's been the problem for as long as I can remember.

They've already got Wonder Woman, Super Gran and Heidi; do they really need James Bond and Dr Who as well?

Mate, as you know, I once starred/appeared in Minder. If there is anything I can do, you know where I am.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:27 - Jan 17 with 1201 viewsKonk

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:12 - Jan 17 by Mick_S

Mate, as you know, I once starred/appeared in Minder. If there is anything I can do, you know where I am.

True story: in the early 90's I used to play five-a-side football with Dennis Waterman, Derek Jarman, Derek Jameson and the bloke who played Reg Hollis on the Bill (I never learnt his name; we all just called him Reg). One week we were sat in the pub after the game, Minder came-up in conversation and Derek Jameson asked Waterman which episode was his favourite. Without any hesitation whatsoever, quick as a flash, Waterman goes, "The one with Mick S in it. No question. Everything else was sh it in comparison". Then he downs his pint, stands-up, puts his jacket on and walks out of the pub without saying another word. He's a big, big fan, mate.

Login to get fewer ads

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:29 - Jan 17 with 1195 viewsMick_S

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:27 - Jan 17 by Konk

True story: in the early 90's I used to play five-a-side football with Dennis Waterman, Derek Jarman, Derek Jameson and the bloke who played Reg Hollis on the Bill (I never learnt his name; we all just called him Reg). One week we were sat in the pub after the game, Minder came-up in conversation and Derek Jameson asked Waterman which episode was his favourite. Without any hesitation whatsoever, quick as a flash, Waterman goes, "The one with Mick S in it. No question. Everything else was sh it in comparison". Then he downs his pint, stands-up, puts his jacket on and walks out of the pub without saying another word. He's a big, big fan, mate.

Ah thanks mate, but I already knew that. I bet that Derek Jameson was a hell of a player.

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 13:31 - Jan 17 with 1182 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 08:23 - Jan 17 by Watford_Ranger

It’s a fictional character. Do people really care? Appreciate I’m 20-40 years younger than most here at a guess so maybe it’s just a generation thing.

How very dare you....(does the maths).....never mind, carry on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:33 - Jan 17 with 1176 viewsKonk

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:29 - Jan 17 by Mick_S

Ah thanks mate, but I already knew that. I bet that Derek Jameson was a hell of a player.

His acceleration had gone by then, but he was two-footed, had a shot like a rocket and a good engine on him. I would love to have seen him in his pomp.

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:33 - Jan 17 with 1170 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:29 - Jan 17 by Mick_S

He'd be a goalie, wouldn't he.

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:37 - Jan 17 with 1158 viewsMick_S

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:33 - Jan 17 by BrianMcCarthy

That might be Derek Richardson, Brian.

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:37 - Jan 17 with 1156 viewsKonk

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:33 - Jan 17 by BrianMcCarthy

He played sweeper for our side. Really bossed games from the back. Derek Jarman was in goal most weeks.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 13:37]

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:38 - Jan 17 with 1145 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:37 - Jan 17 by Mick_S

That might be Derek Richardson, Brian.

Now THERE was an actor in goal!

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 10:05 - Feb 14 with 1033 viewsRangersDave

I'm not a fan to be fair.

Yes its a fair song but it doesnt feel 'Bond'ish' if you know what i mean?
David Arnold does his usual good work but its more muted but it feels more a 'end if movie song rather than a start.
Plus i had hoped they might have gone a bit 'bombastic' with this one, after the dirges of the last few films.

anyway...comments?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

New James Bond Trailer out. on 10:24 - Feb 14 with 999 viewsCaptainPugwash

New James Bond Trailer out. on 13:11 - Jan 17 by Konk

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
It wer bad enuf havin' Geena Davis as o' female poirate in Cutthroat Island.
The crew had a roight ol' larf oer that 'un.

Yo Ho!
New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 11:34 - Feb 14 with 968 viewsDavieQPR

It's the fact that if I choose not to see the film then I will be called ' a racist, misogynistic, white privileged male and lots of other -ists and -isms. Usually by some millionaire actor or millionaire director.
New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 11:46 - Feb 14 with 953 viewsHantsR

Increasingly theatre and cinema is about the plot, drama and the dialogue rather than depiction of reality. Latest David Copperfield film is a good example. I'm mostly ok with that, but a theatre production of Prince and the Pauper that we saw at Christmas stretched things a bit when the audience had to accept that the white boy prince was the spitting image of the pauper, who was unmistakenly a young black girl.
New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 11:54 - Feb 14 with 940 views2Thomas2Bowles

I definitely think a Man should play Elisabeth I but have the heart of a Woman.

Those Women actors just don't cut it in a leading role.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 11:57 - Feb 14 with 936 viewsKonk

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 11:34 - Feb 14 by DavieQPR

It's the fact that if I choose not to see the film then I will be called ' a racist, misogynistic, white privileged male and lots of other -ists and -isms. Usually by some millionaire actor or millionaire director.

But is that an actual "fact"? It might happen, but I suspect no-one will actually give a sh it, and you not going to see it at the cinema will actually go unremarked upon, other than by yourself.

Good to see people approaching it with an open mind.

New James Bond Trailer out. on 12:05 - Feb 14 with 917 views2Thomas2Bowles

New James Bond Trailer out. on 21:08 - Jan 14 by Konk

This is probably just me being old fashioned, but unless it's a wife at home, a secretary, a woman working in a shop, a woman working in a bar, a woman being attacked before a bloke steps in to rescue her, or some bird a bloke has met in a hotel bar who he's now humping in a hotel room, I would sooner not see women given roles in films. Certainly not important roles in serious productions where the viewer is expected to believe that women are capable of doing stuff like being spies or time-travelling. Especially as the Bond films and Doctor Who storylines have always been so rooted in social realism.

As a straight, white bloke and an aspiring actor, I'm not embarrassed to say I feel threatened by this development. You might ask why, with all the problems there are in the world, I'm worrying about whether or not a woman gets to play a fictional spy character in a film, but I just wonder where it will end? Same as women's football. It's just not natural.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 21:16]

Killing Eve
2 leading Women actors. Jodie Comer Sandra Oh
Could easily have been 2 leading Men.

Uma Thurman-Kill Bill

More
Sigourney Weaver Alian films

Pam Grier- Jackie Brown

Suranne Jones-Doctor Foster

Susan Sarandon, Geena Davis- Thelma & Louise

None as weak / damsel in distress.

Just don't see the need for Bond to be Female other than some PC nonsense.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 13:02]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 12:22 - Feb 14 with 893 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Parents, hug your kids more or this is what you’ll get.
New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 12:42 - Feb 14 with 849 viewsSonofNorfolt

New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 10:05 - Feb 14 by RangersDave

I'm not a fan to be fair.

Yes its a fair song but it doesnt feel 'Bond'ish' if you know what i mean?
David Arnold does his usual good work but its more muted but it feels more a 'end if movie song rather than a start.
Plus i had hoped they might have gone a bit 'bombastic' with this one, after the dirges of the last few films.

anyway...comments?

It's bearable I suppose.
However, nothing, I mean not even a red hot poker up the jacksy, is worse than the Madonna 'song' from 'Die Another Day'.
How this was commissioned is beyond belief?
A second rate karaoke singer.
New James Bond Trailer out. "No Time to Die" on 12:48 - Feb 14 with 842 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The song was better than I expected.

As I put on the BBC blog it sounds a tiny bit like P J Harvey in piano mode.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024