Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carroll out for three months 21:28 - Jan 20 with 5404 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-midfielder-carroll-faces-three-

Poll: Are we staying up?

Carroll out for three months on 21:30 - Jan 20 with 4098 viewsflynnbo

That's really bad news. Wishing LTC a swift recovery.
Carroll out for three months on 21:31 - Jan 20 with 4081 viewsdanehoop

That is dreadful news. He had been pretty impressive so far this season. Got to feel sorry for him given he is only on a one year contract. More worryingly we seem to be cursed with knee injuries to our players, last year it was Rangel, this year Amos and Carroll.

Never knowingly understood

Carroll out for three months on 21:31 - Jan 20 with 4075 viewsozexile

Bad news. Les better get on the Blower we need 2 in now.
Carroll out for three months on 21:33 - Jan 20 with 4040 viewsextratimeR

Big gap to fill in mid-field, looking at tonight , big opportunity for Willock

Wishing Carrol a speedy recovery, he 's been playing very well.
Carroll out for three months on 21:36 - Jan 20 with 3976 viewsCiderwithRsie

Carroll out for three months on 21:31 - Jan 20 by danehoop

That is dreadful news. He had been pretty impressive so far this season. Got to feel sorry for him given he is only on a one year contract. More worryingly we seem to be cursed with knee injuries to our players, last year it was Rangel, this year Amos and Carroll.

When we judge the season at the end I hope people will remember how much time Amos and Carroll will have missed.
Carroll out for three months on 21:40 - Jan 20 with 3899 viewspaulparker

Bad news as he has been our best player this year in midfield, let’s hope we have a replacement lined up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Carroll out for three months on 21:55 - Jan 20 with 3755 viewsbosh67

He's so unlucky and I think he's been really good this season, despite the results. I hope we get him better and retain him for next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Carroll out for three months on 23:49 - Jan 20 with 3301 viewstimcocking

Damn.

To lose Amos and now him, pretty unfortunate. They both seem capable of being part of a potentially good team. Let's hope they return ok.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 3:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Carroll out for three months on 23:51 - Jan 20 with 3303 viewsqprd

bad news and feel terrible for the lad... its an easier pill to swallow in this new wingback formation where his role is less than it was in a 4-2-3-1, but we still a lose a dimension to our squad without him

squad depth is again now a massive issue.... i think warbs needs to try to figure out how to get bettache more involved, even if it is 5 and 10 min cameos just to get him more up to speed... we need him to be able to slot in if cameron or ball were to get hurt.... he seems pretty tidy but needs experience
Carroll out for three months on 23:53 - Jan 20 with 3305 viewskensalriser

Well that’s a massive bunch of great hairy ones. Time for Willock, Thomas and Bettache to step up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Carroll out for three months on 07:23 - Jan 21 with 3056 viewsdenhamhoop2

Shame when he plays well QPR play well hope Warbs has the confidence to give Bettache a run as I like the cut of his jib
Carroll out for three months on 07:38 - Jan 21 with 3032 viewsGloucs_R

Carroll out for three months on 23:53 - Jan 20 by kensalriser

Well that’s a massive bunch of great hairy ones. Time for Willock, Thomas and Bettache to step up.

Warbs clearly doesn't fancy Thomas. Shame as, on paper, he's the exact type of player you think would be successful here....23 years old, 50 games under his belt, Leicester u23 Captain, 3 Wales caps.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 8:38]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Carroll out for three months on 08:11 - Jan 21 with 2958 viewsnix

Carroll out for three months on 07:38 - Jan 21 by Gloucs_R

Warbs clearly doesn't fancy Thomas. Shame as, on paper, he's the exact type of player you think would be successful here....23 years old, 50 games under his belt, Leicester u23 Captain, 3 Wales caps.

I can understand he wanted players who could hit the ground running when we've been up against it. If we could climb up to mid table, hopefully we can afford to being in Betache and Thomas again. I still think we need another experienced midfielder, at least on loan though.
Carroll out for three months on 08:16 - Jan 21 with 2941 viewsstevec

Wonder how much we will miss this.
Carroll out for three months on 08:31 - Jan 21 with 2903 viewsdistortR

Carroll out for three months on 08:16 - Jan 21 by stevec

Wonder how much we will miss this.

Carroll out for three months on 08:49 - Jan 21 with 2836 viewsqueensparker

Carroll out for three months on 07:38 - Jan 21 by Gloucs_R

Thought he looked sharp and dangerous when he first turned up. Since the injury he looks well off the pace and badly lacking confidence. Hopefully just needs time
Carroll out for three months on 09:59 - Jan 21 with 2717 viewsBklynRanger

Carroll out for three months on 08:49 - Jan 21 by queensparker

Thought he looked sharp and dangerous when he first turned up. Since the injury he looks well off the pace and badly lacking confidence. Hopefully just needs time

Warbs Warblethwaite consistently mentions him in interviews so think it's more about him needing to get that sharpness back. Hopefully by the end of the season at least.

Loosing Carroll is a blow and complicates transfer dealings - no longer as simple as looking for a kicker-up-in-the-air to bring a bit of steel to things. Now we need both but definitely can't afford it in the same player.

Am surprised Bethache didn't get a go under the circumstances - I rate Willock but he's a fish out of water in the middle of the pitch.
Carroll out for three months on 10:12 - Jan 21 with 2685 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Carroll out for three months on 09:59 - Jan 21 by BklynRanger

Warbs Warblethwaite consistently mentions him in interviews so think it's more about him needing to get that sharpness back. Hopefully by the end of the season at least.

Loosing Carroll is a blow and complicates transfer dealings - no longer as simple as looking for a kicker-up-in-the-air to bring a bit of steel to things. Now we need both but definitely can't afford it in the same player.

Am surprised Bethache didn't get a go under the circumstances - I rate Willock but he's a fish out of water in the middle of the pitch.

The Bettache situation is interesting. Clearly, management see more in training than we do but Bettache has looked comfortable every time he's played and I agree that playing Willock in there ahead of him was a headscratcher. Maybe Warburton thought that Willock gave us more in an attacking sense than Bettache?

Carroll's injury is a real blow. We've not had many injuries, which is a credit to the medical department and to Warburton for listening to them, losing LTC and Amos together leaves Ferdinand with a lot of work to do.

On the positive side, at least the transfer window is unslammed open.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Carroll out for three months on 10:19 - Jan 21 with 2661 viewsgazza1

Not a major loss in my eyes.......hopefully it will push the Club into getting in (buy or loan) another better player in central midfield. We needed it before Carroll injury and we need it a lot, lot more now.

Good Luck to Carroll though, comes across as a good lad.
Carroll out for three months on 10:21 - Jan 21 with 2652 viewsfrancisbowles

'Maybe Warburton thought that Willock gave us more in an attacking sense than Bettache?'

I think that's it Brian. Also, MW is always saying what an intelligent footballer Chris is and I think has been looking to get him more involved. He is also getting fitter now as witnessed by 83 mins last night and I thought he played the position well with the 'Dominator' doing the physical stuff and hard running beside him.
Carroll out for three months on 10:29 - Jan 21 with 2626 viewsdistortR

Carroll out for three months on 10:21 - Jan 21 by francisbowles

'Maybe Warburton thought that Willock gave us more in an attacking sense than Bettache?'

I think that's it Brian. Also, MW is always saying what an intelligent footballer Chris is and I think has been looking to get him more involved. He is also getting fitter now as witnessed by 83 mins last night and I thought he played the position well with the 'Dominator' doing the physical stuff and hard running beside him.

carrol, for all his techical ability, has 1 assist all season, i think.
Willock, in that position, is averaging a goal a game .....
Carroll out for three months on 10:33 - Jan 21 with 2617 viewsAntti_Heinola

Carroll out for three months on 10:29 - Jan 21 by distortR

carrol, for all his techical ability, has 1 assist all season, i think.
Willock, in that position, is averaging a goal a game .....

as discussed before, Carroll plays much deeper, setting off moves rather than playing the final ball.
He's been really good this season, one of our top 4 performers with Chair, Dieng and Dickie. A real blow. I imagine we will definitely be getting one if not two CMs in in the next 10 days.

Bare bones.

Carroll out for three months on 10:37 - Jan 21 with 2600 viewsgigiisourgod

Carroll out for three months on 10:33 - Jan 21 by Antti_Heinola

as discussed before, Carroll plays much deeper, setting off moves rather than playing the final ball.
He's been really good this season, one of our top 4 performers with Chair, Dieng and Dickie. A real blow. I imagine we will definitely be getting one if not two CMs in in the next 10 days.

Would say this will be a loss for sure the way we play. Bit of a change, but does anyone think Chair could potentially be a solution playing further back, has an eye for a pass and not scared to get on the ball?
Carroll out for three months on 10:38 - Jan 21 with 2598 viewsgazza1

It depends on what you mean by 'really good'......its all about standards.

He may pick up the ball in deep positions (plenty of time and space) but he also has a roll to play when we attack and that is where life becomes a lot more difficult (little space, quickly shut down and up against defended minded players). He has failed to deliver in the final 3rd.
Carroll out for three months on 10:39 - Jan 21 with 2595 viewsMaggsinho

Yep.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024