Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread 14:09 - Apr 4 with 23061 viewsDorse

Currently, the UN recognises 195 countries, with a world population of 7.8 billion, representing thousands of different cultures, traditions and languages. Our differences are many, however, there is one thing that unites the entire human race: the fact that Nottingham Forest's squad contains at least one representative of each of the world's nations. Like some latter day Noah's ark, Forest has chosen to gather two of every culture, preserving the essence of humanity in case of cataclysm.

Can QPR's rag tag collection of waifs, strays and Dom Ball make any impact on this cast of thousands?

Definitely. 2-0 Rangers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:59 - Apr 4 with 4954 viewsMalintabuk

I was settling in for the Easter Sunday 10 commandments showing. There is nothing that says Easter more than a demented bunny, diabetes ravaged chocolate eggs, preferably Creme Eggs, a snow storm (coming somewhere near someone tomorrow) and of course Charlton Heston turning his staff into a snake, or was that last nights adult film?
The majestic site of hoards of freed Israelites with their chattels and cattle in tow leaving the oppressive Egyptian regime run by a remarkably butch Yul Brynner is just what the doctor order.......amazing how Mr De Mille managed the thousands........but wait why are the freed Israelites all wearing red tops............yikes I had stumbled across a Nottingham Forest training video.............. but no worries I don't think they will be parting the central defence of a resurgent QPR
So after my initial horror and shock I can only say that Gods chosen team will triumph in the good cause. After bringing back the 10 tablets from the mount and Edward G Robinson sculpturing a golden Ox............opps sorry slipped back there a little
It will be 3 points coming back to the burning shepherds bush
DRAW ...sorry guys
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 18:40 - Apr 4 with 4869 viewsBoston

There's nothing says Easter as much as having to pull a young rabbit out of your dogs mouth, bold boy! I digress.

But, Forest 1 Rangers 2.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 05:47 - Apr 5 with 4775 viewsB_Wad

Nothing says Easter as much as a resurrection. Maybe a portend for both sides.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 07:33 - Apr 5 with 4716 viewsjohnhoop

I’m assuming that this one probably counts as an “away weekend fixture” for streaming purposes.
Does anyone have the definitive answer on that?
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 08:39 - Apr 5 with 4667 viewshook_hoops

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 07:33 - Apr 5 by johnhoop

I’m assuming that this one probably counts as an “away weekend fixture” for streaming purposes.
Does anyone have the definitive answer on that?

Yes, an Away weekend fixture. That'll be a tenner please!
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 10:09 - Apr 5 with 4530 viewsjoe90

Despite dominating play against Coventry, the second goal was an own goal and the third an awful error from the keeper. We won't have such fortune against Forest and will need to take our chances, which, judging from the previous game and considering Forest's recent results isn't likely. I'm going for a stale 1-1.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 10:55 - Apr 5 with 4460 viewsPinnerPaul

"2 games in 4 days" - copyright Mark Warburton/Paul Morrisey, so who knows.

Lets keep optimistic - 2-1 Rangers and hope Mr Stroud behaves himself!
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 11:12 - Apr 5 with 4445 viewsdenhamhoop2

More likely a dire 0 0 unless Mr Stroud had a bad breakfast then 0 2 one soft penalty and red card
Login to get fewer ads

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 11:24 - Apr 5 with 4425 viewsDWQPR

The number of times of been to the City Ground hoping to witness the first win there. Under Uncle Neil’s all action champions it didn’t come. I witnessed the only time the Italian with the huge hooter score two goals, his only two goals for us against them, they still scrambled a draw. I even saw Stuart Wardley hit a worldy this time to save a draw. But I missed our only win. So today although none of us can be there, in spirit we are, and via the sourcery of live streaming we will witness the second coming of Charlie Austin scoring the winning goal. 3-1 to the mighty R’s

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:03 - Apr 5 with 4248 viewsdanehoop

Its the Stroud factor that worries me. Just can't see it being anything other than a tight loss to the squad of a million players following something stupid by the ref.

Never knowingly understood

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:09 - Apr 5 with 4153 viewsPinnerPaul

Ball for Cameron and Seny back.

Cameron and Di Wijis both not on bench so must be injured.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:10 - Apr 5 with 4143 viewsDannyPaddox

Nottingham Foret 0-4 Queen Park Ranger

An Eater Monday goal fet!
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:14 - Apr 5 with 4105 viewsloftus77

A strong team, the snow has stopped, our tails are up and we're rolling.

We can do this - and do it well - even at this venue. 3-0 Rangers.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:15 - Apr 5 with 4091 viewsterryb

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:09 - Apr 5 by PinnerPaul

Will Ball be in a back three or at right wing back with Kakay in the middle?
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:18 - Apr 5 with 4059 viewsngbqpr

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:09 - Apr 5 by PinnerPaul

"Only" 8 subs named.

Kane also missing, so plenty of scope for a conspiracy theory there...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:20 - Apr 5 with 4019 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:18 - Apr 5 by ngbqpr

"Only" 8 subs named.

Kane also missing, so plenty of scope for a conspiracy theory there...

Maybe Forest could lend us a few to fill up the bench.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:20 - Apr 5 with 4012 viewsrsonist

If it is Ball at the back it's an experiment long overdue. Looking forward to seeing it however it goes - important we know how strong an option it is either way.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:27 - Apr 5 with 3934 viewsNoelmc

Maybe he will try Field in a back 3. I've been impressed by his defensive qualities but I'd prefer if he is kept in midfield.

Feeling optimistic and going 2-1 to the R's.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:27 - Apr 5 with 3932 viewskarl

Mixed blessings for me, its a horrendous day of wind, snow/hail showers and freezing cold but that means no boats out and combined with quiet phones on a Bank Holiday I'm tuned in to Nick London and Andy Sinton describing another win at the City Ground!
The first part is true...
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:33 - Apr 5 with 3862 viewsRs_Holy

1-1
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:33 - Apr 5 with 3857 viewskarl

I think Balls passing is generally much better than Cameron so improves things there, will he be dominant and communicate well with Dickie and Barbet? I think he will and can actually strengthen the team. Please no early soft yellow card though Dom!
Confident of a good performance, if we get it then result should take care of itself as when we've been good recently it's been match winning performances, looking forward to this.
No coincidence that as the pitches have improved in spring so have we?
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:35 - Apr 5 with 3833 viewsQPRSteve

The ref worries me, It's been a while since we have really suffered from a bad refereeing performance. Not sure how we will line up with Ball in for Cameron. Still the team must be brimming with confidence - 2-0 to the R's.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:39 - Apr 5 with 3780 viewsngbqpr

Possibly a 4321 "Xmas tree"?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:44 - Apr 5 with 3719 viewsBrianMcCarthy

They have Freeman and Knockaert on the bench.
What a club.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 14:45 - Apr 5 with 3713 viewsactonman

Far too much overconfidence on the thread., crazy season , crazy turn of results , I just don’t even know ? Normally mr negative but were safe ( yes I said it out loud )

I will go for 1 -1 although I think we will lose 2-1 to some Keith Stroud balls up of either a pen or playing on from a blatant foul or something
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024