Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three game ban for Austin on the cards 16:41 - Apr 7 with 10868 viewsFrankRightguard

If they have bothered to charge him they’ll certainly ban him.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:43 - Apr 7 with 2333 viewsdaveB

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:30 - Apr 7 by Northernr

My understanding of the rule is if he's seen it and deemed it accidental then they can't act. You can only retrospectively punish something if the referee says he missed it entirely.

Oh in that case he's lied and made out he didn't see it then as it was right in front of him
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:48 - Apr 7 with 2305 viewsPinnerPaul

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:30 - Apr 7 by Northernr

My understanding of the rule is if he's seen it and deemed it accidental then they can't act. You can only retrospectively punish something if the referee says he missed it entirely.

Yep!
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:51 - Apr 7 with 2292 viewsPinnerPaul

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:41 - Apr 7 by gazza1

So, if the ref saw it on the day and just gave CA a volley of words at the time = end of the matter but because nothing was mentioned someone has highlighted it.....who is that 'someone'??

Match observer.

As I've said before, EVERY decision/non decision is 'marked'.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:51 - Apr 7 with 2287 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can we fine him? Or do we have to pay his wages in full while he takes three games off?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:53 - Apr 7 with 2277 viewsNorthernr

I just don't get how he can keep making these basic, fundamental mistakes and still not only be on the Champ list, but seemingly considered one of the best ones on it.

* this is in no way detracting from the separate point that Austin's been a knob and deserves the ban.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:56 - Apr 7 with 2260 viewsPinnerPaul

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:51 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Can we fine him? Or do we have to pay his wages in full while he takes three games off?

"Above my pay grade", but I think most clubs have a sliding scale of fines for misconduct.

Also, players usually paid extra for appearances/goals/wins, so he will 'just' receive his 'basic', if/while banned. Of course, all this complicated/muddled further by the fact he is WBA's player who are probably paying most/all/some????? of his wages anyway!

You know, I think MW is on to something with that opening line!
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:56 - Apr 7 with 2258 viewsted_hendrix

Pratt.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:05 - Apr 7 with 2219 viewsMyke

Think we are losing sight of the main issue here guys. If Charlie deliberately stamped on him - and it looks that way - then that is not just stupid but potentially dangerous and he deserved to be punished. Again it's the same old thing, blame the ref because Charlie is so popular. Ask yourself what would the reaction be if it was Kane that did the stamping . Disgrace! Should be banned for life never mind three games! blah blah blah
Login to get fewer ads

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:07 - Apr 7 with 2218 viewseastside_r

Saw it at the time. It was mentioned briefly on the MT by me and one other?

CA was not looking at the Forest player but it was an unnatural movement. Nailed on for 3 games, I’m afraid, as I see it.i
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:13 - Apr 7 with 2201 viewsdenhamhoop2

Obviously CA saw his opportunity at a bit of revenge and took it. The fact that Stroud saw it and had no match awareness of the niggle between the 2 players just shows how inept he is as an official and yet somehow he will be named to referee at least one of the playoff games this season. A 3 game ban is imminent and cannot be argued against it was a snidey dig at an opponent
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:18 - Apr 7 with 2184 viewsCliff

I know football is a different working environment from what most of us experience, but ...

.. if you could slap someone who was annoying you at your workplace and your only punishment would be suspension for 3 weeks on full pay .....

.. I mean full pay, three weeks off, and you got to slap someone who annoyed you!
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:28 - Apr 7 with 2145 viewsBoston

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 16:43 - Apr 7 by flynnbo

For the "stamp"?

Oh yeah, just how much is first class postage these days?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:40 - Apr 7 with 2105 viewsAshdown_Ranger

1: Seems a stupid, sly kick.

2: Deliberate, but no more than a very minor, petulant kick - niggly rather than aggressive, handbags rather than dangerous.

3: Almost certainly going to get a ban - what a chance for Dykes and Bonne to stake their claims...
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:43 - Apr 7 with 2091 viewsdavman

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:28 - Apr 7 by Boston

Oh yeah, just how much is first class postage these days?

O well, he a'int gonna be here next season, so we need to see whether Bonne can follow Dykes down Improvement Avenue.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 20:34 - Apr 7 with 1885 viewsjohncharles

Yet another example of incompetent refereeing ends up with a player scapegoat. Nothing changes

Strong and stable my arse.

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 21:04 - Apr 7 with 1830 viewsbrendan

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 20:34 - Apr 7 by johncharles

Yet another example of incompetent refereeing ends up with a player scapegoat. Nothing changes

Yes but if he was competent, sent him off for violent conduct, he’d get a 3 game ban, same result
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 21:12 - Apr 7 with 1812 viewsMalintabuk

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:07 - Apr 7 by eastside_r

Saw it at the time. It was mentioned briefly on the MT by me and one other?

CA was not looking at the Forest player but it was an unnatural movement. Nailed on for 3 games, I’m afraid, as I see it.i

Yes I did mention it on the thread... and to be honest I wasn't sure if I saw it right at the time which was why I phrased it as a question
It looked bad on the day and seeing the replay it is bad....
Did they have words before? As I don't remember Charlie being clattered. It really looks like a frustration thing.
If it is that is not a good sign
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 21:17 - Apr 7 with 1793 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:27 - Apr 7 by PinnerPaul

Yeeessssssss, bit of a fudge isn't it.

Observer will say/write - Did you see this incident?

If he says Yes - obvious question is why isn't it VC? If he says no, still marked down, as in theory, at least 1 of the 4 should see everything, but maybe not as much as saying I saw it but didn't think it was VC!

At this stage of Mr S's career, doubt it makes that much difference, but I guess self preservation steps in as it would for any of us!

No ones likes Forest, but a Victoria Cross for stamping on them? Amazon gift card, maybe.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 07:04 - Apr 8 with 1522 viewsdistortR

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 21:04 - Apr 7 by brendan

Yes but if he was competent, sent him off for violent conduct, he’d get a 3 game ban, same result

it would have been damning on the ref if CA had stayed on and scored the winner.
As it is, it didn't noticeably affect the result and we get to see where we are at now with the forwards who will be at the club next season.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 08:32 - Apr 8 with 1437 viewsstevec

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:51 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Hopefully we’ll thank Charlie for saving our skin this season and say enjoy your three game break, you deserve it.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 08:33 - Apr 8 with 1442 viewsTheChef

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:14 - Apr 7 by BAWHoops

Naughty naughty from Charlie there

Mesmerising, in its own strange way.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 08:47 - Apr 8 with 1433 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Oh well lets see if Mac grasps his Bonne chance.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 09:41 - Apr 8 with 1346 viewsjohnhoop

Anybody know how soon this is is likely to take effect?
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 10:11 - Apr 8 with 1288 viewsdaveB

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 09:41 - Apr 8 by johnhoop

Anybody know how soon this is is likely to take effect?

will be straight away
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 14:10 - Apr 8 with 1084 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:34 - Apr 7 by Northernr

He's done us up by lying. He's seen it and fcked it up. Instead of admitting that, in which case they wouldn't be able to do anything, he's now pretended he hasn't seen it at all, so they can retrospectively ban the player.

You mean KS fcuked up and now QPR get screwed again anybody shocked not really . .Seriously that video seems pretty incriminating if legit and that was stupid,dirty and uncalled for so he should be banned IMO.
I guess I am shocked or maybe sad CA resorted to this I thought he was a saint but who knows the shite he puts up with week to week.I am sure he is targeted all the time with dirty late hits etc .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024