Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three game ban for Austin on the cards 16:41 - Apr 7 with 10865 viewsFrankRightguard

If they have bothered to charge him they’ll certainly ban him.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 10:05 - Apr 9 with 1868 viewsDannyPaddox

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 08:16 - Apr 9 by Dorse

If a player falls in Forest shirt and nobody kicks him, does he make a sound?

If a player falls in a Forest shirt and gets kicked and the referee doesn’t see it then kick him again.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 10:34 - Apr 9 with 1748 viewsGuppy

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 08:16 - Apr 9 by Dorse

If a player falls in Forest shirt and nobody kicks him, does he make a sound?

If a player falls in a forest shirt there are another hundred or so to take his place
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 10:40 - Apr 9 with 1725 viewsrsonist

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 09:16 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with your main point. As Clive said at the time - he's been bought to get us five goals and five wins. So, 'Job Done'.

It's his fitness that concerns me. he's going to be looking for a multi-year contract, and he can't get in good enough shape to last ninety minutes. That spells danger to me.

Said throughout that CA's appeal to clubs who aren't us has been hugely overestimated and that he needs us as much as we need him. His stamina was in question before we signed him, and unfairly or otherwise this incident may also affirm certain preconceptions about his character to boot. Even in the category of foolhardy clubs burning through cash... who really specifically besides the comedy Forest boogieman?

It works for us - and I'll be surprised if it doesn't go through in the summer - because here he is a figurehead in a callow squad, who play well enough otherwise to need someone to ice the cake in the first hour or so he can give us. (Even with that being said, if it were let's say Glenn Murray who'd had this impact would we be making the same reasonings or would we look to shake hands, part ways and try develop again?)
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 10:42 - Apr 9 with 1713 viewsstevec

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 09:17 - Apr 9 by jeffranger

We shall see what our other strikers have learnt or improved without Charlie being being on the pitch now

Wednesday, Rotherham and Boro a good barometer to gauge their progression a season in. Ideal time for Charlie to have a well earned rest.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 11:03 - Apr 9 with 1631 viewsDorse

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 09:14 - Apr 9 by bosh67

Albert needs to play now to add experience to the front line. Sort of inevitable losing Charlie for 3 games. I'm surprised we didn't get a points deduction and automatic relegation as well.

No, they settled for tarring and feathering Les Ferdinand, shaving Geoff Cameron's right bumcheek and sending Lee Hoos to Iran.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 11:12 - Apr 9 with 1596 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 11:03 - Apr 9 by Dorse

No, they settled for tarring and feathering Les Ferdinand, shaving Geoff Cameron's right bumcheek and sending Lee Hoos to Iran.

[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 11:14]
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 11:24 - Apr 9 with 1559 viewsDannyPaddox

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 11:03 - Apr 9 by Dorse

Ties in with Geoff’s latest range of male grooming product.

(Actual size)
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 11:31 - Apr 9 with 1540 viewsDorse

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 11:24 - Apr 9 by DannyPaddox

Ties in with Geoff’s latest range of male grooming product.

(Actual size)

Fact Number 147, if I'm not mistaken.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 11:56 - Apr 9 with 1457 viewsDannyPaddox

What ever you think about Austin’s challenge (I’m in a minority of thinking it wasn’t that bad) you have to say the timing is perfect. He can now look forward to 3 days on the lash in a pub beer-garden. 2 days recovering with a hangover. 1 day of light-training and then he’s good to for Swansea away on the 20th.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 12:30 - Apr 9 with 1377 viewsEsox_Lucius

and an uninterrupted view of the Grand National too

The grass is always greener.

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 12:58 - Apr 9 with 1305 viewsLazyFan

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:23 - Apr 8 by bosh67

I'm not so sure Puki is a Prem striker even though he is prolific in this league. Puki on loan? :)

Norwich will hope he is and won't loan him out.
Hugill on the other hand they may well loan out.

zzzzzzzzzz

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 13:01 - Apr 9 with 1293 viewsLazyFan

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:13 - Apr 8 by rsonist

I guess suggesting Austin's having to convince us of the move and not vice versa is original at least.

Wages .. wages ...

Austin will be able to find someone who will pay him the big bucks as he has a great record. However for us to pay that money we would have to be sure he can keep scoring. How do we judge that he can and it was not just a small uplift?

Well when he comes back if he keeps scoring, then I hope we shall make an offer that competes with others. But I am sensing they won't do that unless he forces their hand with bucket loads of goals AFTER the ban.

Don't bother saying "but he has scored goals for us recently". Yes and now he's a had a slow down followed by a 3 match ban, with very few games left to show it was not a small uplift and actually constant. Therefore he needs to come back and score a load, if that does not happen I doubt we shall offer him a contract.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 13:04]

zzzzzzzzzz

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 13:37 - Apr 9 with 1225 viewsPinnerPaul

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 08:20 - Apr 9 by E15Hoop

No one said he wasn't kicked, but if he decides not to get up straight away and challenge properly for the ball, why should he expect one of our players to be bothered about where he happens to be lying down?

Unusual defence, I'll give you that!
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 13:40 - Apr 9 with 1220 viewsPinnerPaul

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 12:30 - Apr 9 by Esox_Lucius

and an uninterrupted view of the Grand National too

He had that anyway, it doesn't start until after 5.00pm!
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 13:42 - Apr 9 with 1207 viewsBoston

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:41 - Apr 7 by gazza1

So, if the ref saw it on the day and just gave CA a volley of words at the time = end of the matter but because nothing was mentioned someone has highlighted it.....who is that 'someone'??

‘They’ know who someone is.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 14:39 - Apr 9 with 1083 viewsPinnerPaul

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 13:42 - Apr 9 by Boston

‘They’ know who someone is.

I explained who the 'someone' is above.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 15:45 - Apr 9 with 1002 viewsrsonist

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 13:01 - Apr 9 by LazyFan

Wages .. wages ...

Austin will be able to find someone who will pay him the big bucks as he has a great record. However for us to pay that money we would have to be sure he can keep scoring. How do we judge that he can and it was not just a small uplift?

Well when he comes back if he keeps scoring, then I hope we shall make an offer that competes with others. But I am sensing they won't do that unless he forces their hand with bucket loads of goals AFTER the ban.

Don't bother saying "but he has scored goals for us recently". Yes and now he's a had a slow down followed by a 3 match ban, with very few games left to show it was not a small uplift and actually constant. Therefore he needs to come back and score a load, if that does not happen I doubt we shall offer him a contract.

Well like I say upthread I don't think those big bucks elsewhere are a given. Maybe a bit higher somewhere isn't beyond possibility, but it would cost him a packet personally.

It'd be nice to think the club are clear-eyed and pragmatic enough to even be considering saying no on sporting terms, but realistically he's a ratings smash in disaffected times and even without the goals recently has proven himself a leader and mentor in the dressing room. Anyone else it wouldn't be the same; anywhere else he's an expensive super-sub with a big mouth.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 15:45 - Apr 9 with 999 viewsMickS

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 11:12 - Apr 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 11:14]

That barnet must go all over the place when he farts.

Sorry.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 15:46]
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 16:39 - Apr 9 with 912 viewsstrikerace

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 13:01 - Apr 9 by LazyFan

Wages .. wages ...

If Austin was here the full season, he likely would have 20+ goals. Hell yes we can use a guy like that
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 16:47 - Apr 9 with 894 viewsPinnerPaul

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 16:39 - Apr 9 by strikerace

If Austin was here the full season, he likely would have 20+ goals. Hell yes we can use a guy like that

Think that's pushing it a bit.

He scored 10 in 34 games for WBA in the Championship, but of course, I would have him here next season.

In fact his only 20+ haul in the professional game was for Burnley in 2012/13 with a very impressive 25 goals from 37 appearances - 9 years ago now though sadly.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:33 - Apr 9 with 852 viewsgazza1

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 16:47 - Apr 9 by PinnerPaul

He scored 10 in 34 games for WBA in the Championship, but of course, I would have him here next season.

In fact his only 20+ haul in the professional game was for Burnley in 2012/13 with a very impressive 25 goals from 37 appearances - 9 years ago now though sadly.

Agreed - if CA 'bagged' 20 goals, should he sign for us, then he will be doing very well indeed looking at his records on scoring goals. I wouldn't put it past him though.
Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 17:50 - Apr 9 with 822 viewsAntti_Heinola

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 15:45 - Apr 9 by rsonist

Well like I say upthread I don't think those big bucks elsewhere are a given. Maybe a bit higher somewhere isn't beyond possibility, but it would cost him a packet personally.

It'd be nice to think the club are clear-eyed and pragmatic enough to even be considering saying no on sporting terms, but realistically he's a ratings smash in disaffected times and even without the goals recently has proven himself a leader and mentor in the dressing room. Anyone else it wouldn't be the same; anywhere else he's an expensive super-sub with a big mouth.

Absolutely spot on.
I think he’s far more likely to be with us next season than johansen, but contrary to what i would have said in jan, i think johansen is the one i’d keep, in a weird world where that was the choice. Clubs are skint. No one is offering CA mega bucks in this clinate.

Bare bones.

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 18:34 - Apr 9 with 753 viewsCamberleyR

Three game ban for Austin on the cards on 16:47 - Apr 9 by PinnerPaul

Also he got 20 in 37 in the R*dkn*pp promotion season (17 in the regular league season +2 in the play offs + 1 league cup) and might have got near to 30 had he not missed 10 weeks through injury.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024