Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ 10:11 - Sep 23 with 7535 viewsBlue_Castello

Well the main reason for posting is that when we get a good result there are hardly any posts but if we lose it's totally the opposite, so congratulations to the Manager and the whole squad for a great team away performance, it should not be underestimated how important these results are for rebuilding team morale. If we conveniently forget the Watford game which is best for all concerned then the team performance has become progressively better, it's like night and day comparing to last season.

That was a result built by Ainsworth getting the right players on board for crucial positions in the team, having a very good understanding of team building and the components required, building a work ethic into the whole squad and then ensuring that a minimum level of commitment is always displayed. It just feels some people forget what a shi**y job Ainsworth inherited because of varying factors which are well documented, mostly the totally demotivated individuals in the squad which had been built by Beale and Ferdinand.

Last night we took on a Birmingham team who had significant investment over the last 12 months, mainly funded by the Bellinghams (plural) transfers that presumably keeps them within FFP limits, they have a strong squad this year which could well challenge at the top. They beat us to the signing of Lisa Stansfield presumably because they paid a sign on fee and are paying all or most of his wages whereas we were limited to only Free agent signings to keep within FFP.
The Free agent signings have all hit the ground running and lifted the squad to a minimum level that is required to compete in the Championship.

Now this is not just supposed to be all Happy Clappy but Ainsworth deserves some credit after reading plenty of negatives last week.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 11:40]
Well done Gareth on 10:16 - Sep 23 with 5102 viewsguitarzan

Well said. Good performance last night
Well done Gareth on 10:28 - Sep 23 with 5029 viewsSydneyRs

Agreed. You can see he is starting to get the buy in he has talked about. Really hope he does well enough to stick around a few years and really build a culture here.
Well done Gareth on 10:41 - Sep 23 with 4993 viewsdaveB

the number of players putting bodies in the way of shots with great blocks shows he is getting somewhere with the whole culture and team spirit thing. Lack quality in the final third but that will take time
Well done Gareth on 10:50 - Sep 23 with 4922 viewsBoston

He didn't do this on his own of course, therefore I'd like to thank his mother and father, the whole production crew, Aaron Spelling...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Well done Gareth on 10:57 - Sep 23 with 4890 viewsQPRConor2000

Completely agree with the above.

Well gone GA and Dobbo, an important away point.
Well done Gareth on 11:10 - Sep 23 with 4823 viewsstevec

Proving that GA did the right thing with his 30 somethings.

They and him are galvanising what was a disparate bunch last season.

He’s also unloaded some wretched individuals who could sour any club, only the odd one left now so far harder for them to ruin the party.

We didn’t need a DOF we needed a bottle of domestos and in GA maybe we’ve found one.
Well done Gareth on 11:15 - Sep 23 with 4813 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not convinced yet, though very happy with a point last night.

Would like to see a gameplan at home, would like to see more quality from our attack at home or away and it's far too early to say whether the Thirtysomethings will last the season.

Happy today, but not getting carried away either.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 11:48 - Sep 23 with 4603 viewssystemsguy

Nearly October.... wasn't they supposed to be gone by then?

2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 12:04 - Sep 23 with 4500 viewsNorthantsHoop

I agree him and the coaches seem to have got us as a stronger unit away. I was really worried when I was at Watford, but green shoots started to appear in subsequent games. They just need to focus on intensity at home where it is not yet clicking. As an aside looks like Taylor Richards is a problem child and thought at the forum last week Ainsworth was quite diplomatic about him saying not fit enough to make the team!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 12:05]
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 12:04 - Sep 23 with 4504 viewsRangersw12

I like the fact everyone is putting their bodies on the line now .

Overall we have been decent away from home but we still lack a proper attack plan and allow too many shots on our goal .

It's relatively easy to setup away being deep and hitting teams on the counter so ultimately he will be judged on being able to turn around the home form.
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 12:19 - Sep 23 with 4405 viewsPaddyhoops

Good result last night. Probably would have been a different story if Roberts and Laird were fit and playing. Would have meant a nailed on win .. for us .
In all seriousness it was good point earned by hard work and endeavour, sadly missing last year.
He’s done well to sack off those who weren’t interested and if our home game plan can be as good as the away one . We’ll be fine.
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 12:53 - Sep 23 with 4236 viewswesty

Well said
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 13:06 - Sep 23 with 4190 viewsSuperhoops2808

Great post

I think we could have a long list of posters absent in the last 24 hours - I think the word for them is trolls

That said, some of them had us relegated by now
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 13:18 - Sep 23 with 4129 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Seeing GA' pained expression last season was painful at times. At least no one could say his heart and soul aren't in it compared to some before him.

I think he wants to succeed more for QPR than for himself. Consequently, I almost want Rangers to surpass City and United's trebles for GA as much as I do for QPR. He's not perfect, but neither are QPR: he's our perfect imperfection, Cuban heels, and all.

Bloody, good luck to him and his muchachos!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 13:24 - Sep 23 with 4103 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 13:06 - Sep 23 by Superhoops2808

Great post

I think we could have a long list of posters absent in the last 24 hours - I think the word for them is trolls

First of all its a Friday night game and a lot of posters are still away I suspect .
Everybody on here is entitled to their opinion good or bad as we are all QPR supporters .
Nobody really wants us to go down but if we cannot score goals we will not survive IMO.
Nobody can question the heart and passion we defend with but our keeper has stood on his head when we get points and when he has an off night we lose its pretty simple right now.
What happened to our team that used to create lots of clear chances and rip shots from all over the place its MIA and having a couple of chances per game will not be enough to keep us .
I wish that thread Just Back was permanent it gives very valuable insight to what is really going on game to game instead of TV coverage and commentary
Well done Gareth on 13:34 - Sep 23 with 4060 viewsE15Hoop

Well done Gareth on 11:15 - Sep 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Would like to see a gameplan at home, would like to see more quality from our attack at home or away and it's far too early to say whether the Thirtysomethings will last the season.

Brian - in response to that, it seems timely for me to bring out the "Rome wasn't built in a day" cliche.

We've got a solid spine to the team now - something we've all been crying out for for yeqrs, it seems. Forward players get confidence going forwards and doing their thing when they know they've got solidity behind them.

i don't know about you, but I'm no longer watching us through the hands placed firmly on my face waiting for the next mishap. Even when we inevitably come under pressure, I'm now confident that we'll find away of getting out of trouble. Remember, we've only conceded 8 goals in 7.5 league games now.

Our crossing into the box needs to be consistently better, but I believe we'll see that coming good soon.
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 13:36 - Sep 23 with 4049 viewsfrancisbowles

Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 13:24 - Sep 23 by CLAREMAN1995

First of all its a Friday night game and a lot of posters are still away I suspect .
Everybody on here is entitled to their opinion good or bad as we are all QPR supporters .
Nobody really wants us to go down but if we cannot score goals we will not survive IMO.
Nobody can question the heart and passion we defend with but our keeper has stood on his head when we get points and when he has an off night we lose its pretty simple right now.
What happened to our team that used to create lots of clear chances and rip shots from all over the place its MIA and having a couple of chances per game will not be enough to keep us .
I wish that thread Just Back was permanent it gives very valuable insight to what is really going on game to game instead of TV coverage and commentary

It's a lot better than many expected and that will have to do for now. Lots of effort and commitment, which weren't always there before.
Last two draws achieved without Colback. Confidence building results and performances.

A week on the training ground now to recover and coach further improvement. Overall, we are seeing a gradual improvement and that must continue.
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 13:43 - Sep 23 with 4017 viewsloftus77

The management team and players are doing a fine job imho. I couldn't ask for more thus far and I'm certain no other management team could, and would, do more.

But, to quote Rose's Mum in Titanic (!?), 'our situation is precarious' and will no doubt remain so. For all GA and Dobbo's endeavors and efforts, it will all no doubt come down to one thing;
Avoid Winter Injuries - the glorious sunlit uplands of Sixteenth Position await.
Suffer Winter Injuries - the descent into League One oblivion will be swift and sure.
Well done Gareth on 13:50 - Sep 23 with 3992 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Gareth on 13:34 - Sep 23 by E15Hoop

Brian - in response to that, it seems timely for me to bring out the "Rome wasn't built in a day" cliche.

We've got a solid spine to the team now - something we've all been crying out for for yeqrs, it seems. Forward players get confidence going forwards and doing their thing when they know they've got solidity behind them.

i don't know about you, but I'm no longer watching us through the hands placed firmly on my face waiting for the next mishap. Even when we inevitably come under pressure, I'm now confident that we'll find away of getting out of trouble. Remember, we've only conceded 8 goals in 7.5 league games now.

Our crossing into the box needs to be consistently better, but I believe we'll see that coming good soon.

I'm just not getting excited about the chances of any of that happening, E15.

We're definitely more solid at the back, but it's come at the expense of our attack, which is sub-par, especially when we consider that it contains Chair, Willock and Dykes. The crossing may improve, but we're creating very little through the middle.

I wasn't impressed with Ainsworth last season, I definitely wasn't impressed with his pre-season and we're 17th now. I've witnessed too many false dawns and heralded too many messiahs to be getting carried away with what Ainsworth has shown so far.

I like him, I like Dobson, they're Rangers and I wish them both so much luck and success. We'll see, but we have an awful lot of improving to do.

Edit - typo!!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 13:56]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Gareth on 13:56 - Sep 23 with 3956 viewsted_hendrix

Well done Gareth on 11:15 - Sep 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not convinced yet either, I didn't think at the time that GA was the right appointment and I still can't watch or listen to his after match analysis, It's not personal it's how I see It.

I get and understand his passion for the club and I admire that, in fact I can't think of another Maanager we've had who spoke about the club like that.

Last night I got my score prediction wrong yet again, I'm still lacking In confidence with the squad we've got and some times our tactics so on reflection maybe I ought to let It go and relax a bit, maybe---just maybe we will In fact be okay this season.

At this stage of the season though I find It difficult to go patting people on the head and saying 'well done'

We've achieved nothing yet but yes It appears that we're heading In the right direction thankfully.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 14:06 - Sep 23 with 3906 viewscharmr

That game could have gone either way with each causing its own mushroom cloud.

As GF always attained consistent performances attain results not riding your luck, hanging in there, hoping for a break etc.

I also wish them well I just would like to see these players/team coached in a system that works with better decisions being made. For example we don’t play that close to each other, especially the final 3rd, hence developing relationships on the field. We won under Beale with one piece of magic from an individual. Can’t rely on that either. Early days I know, look at where we are etc, I get that.

Just would like to see a bit more thoughtful football being played.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 14:15]
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 14:14 - Sep 23 with 3872 viewspaulparker

And to think some wanted Eustace to take over after Watford , Birmingham were dreadful last night I wouldn’t want him no where near QPR with that football especially with the players at his disposal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Well done Gareth on 14:38 - Sep 23 with 3761 viewsstevec

Well done Gareth on 13:50 - Sep 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm just not getting excited about the chances of any of that happening, E15.

We're definitely more solid at the back, but it's come at the expense of our attack, which is sub-par, especially when we consider that it contains Chair, Willock and Dykes. The crossing may improve, but we're creating very little through the middle.

I wasn't impressed with Ainsworth last season, I definitely wasn't impressed with his pre-season and we're 17th now. I've witnessed too many false dawns and heralded too many messiahs to be getting carried away with what Ainsworth has shown so far.

I like him, I like Dobson, they're Rangers and I wish them both so much luck and success. We'll see, but we have an awful lot of improving to do.

Edit - typo!!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 13:56]

Think we’ve all got our doubts so fully get what you’re saying, especially after the last few seasons.

What you can’t take away from GA is this club needed to be cleansed from top to bottom. It’s a septic tank that nobody was prepared to empty.

He’s having a damn good go at it and if this club is to have any credibility again he needs to have enough good men to back him up. So far the signs are promising.
Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 15:03 - Sep 23 with 3679 viewsstainrods_elbow

Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 12:04 - Sep 23 by NorthantsHoop

I agree him and the coaches seem to have got us as a stronger unit away. I was really worried when I was at Watford, but green shoots started to appear in subsequent games. They just need to focus on intensity at home where it is not yet clicking. As an aside looks like Taylor Richards is a problem child and thought at the forum last week Ainsworth was quite diplomatic about him saying not fit enough to make the team!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 12:05]

It's not more intensity at home that's needed, I don't think - we certainly came on strong vs the Swans, and could, and probably should, have won it at the end - but more quality, creativity and clinicality. Watford and, I guess, Sunderland apart (though I agree with those who have criticised the (lack of) intelligent game plan after the red card, we've certainly tightened up defensively - take those two results out, and we've only conceded five goals in six games - but equally, and more worryingly to me, we've only managed seven in eight. Much as I like him and want to like him, Armstrong's miss on Tuesday was frankly scary at this level, and I only see Dykes, however brilliantly game-saving and unlucky he was in the last two games, making somewhere around 10 or 11 at best. If he gets injured again and only able to appear for Scotland, we're in the doudou. A fit and firing Willock would be a great help, but he remains an enigma wrapped in a riddle, while the other half of their formerly dazzling double-act, our electric Chair, may run himself into the ground by the spring at the rate he's started.

In sum, our team-spiritedness and resilience has certainly started to coalesce, our spine is indubitably stiffer, but the squad remains troublingly thin in places, two or three are still below their best or learning their trade, and our goalscoring is a massive concern. While GA is right that a couple of games might have yielded a couple more points, it's also right that Begovic has been keeping us in games, and did so again at Brum. Personally, I also feel less than convinced we have enough sophistication and cleverness in our game and worry the 'direct' style favoured by this management team will too often fall short.

It won't be 6th, it might be 12th, but it'll probably be 16th at best.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 21:23]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 18:46 - Sep 23 with 3434 viewsDejR_vu

Well done Gareth and Dobbo........ on 13:06 - Sep 23 by Superhoops2808

Great post

Blimey, did I miss something? Did we win a trophy last night?

The last time I looked we had won two of eight, had eight points and sit 18th in the table with only three clubs with a worse goal difference. We got a decent point last night against a team that hadn’t won in four. The fact there is so little negative stuff speaks volumes for how understanding the demographic on here is imo.

Surely, digging out posters with a different opinion to you, for no reason, is the very definition of trolling. Just because you consider a point at Birmingham as something to celebrate and others, who haven’t even commented, perhaps don’t, doesn’t give anyone the right to goad them. This is a message board, for people to give opinions, none are more or less valid than others imo. The fact you’ve had a dig, after a result that you’re happy with, that no one has complained about, presumably looking to bring the mood down, says more about you than the ‘trolls’ imo.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024