Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey gone 15:01 - Jan 8 with 53158 viewsJigsore

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/january/08/chris-ramsey-departs/

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:16 - Jan 8 with 2940 viewsstevec

If we start slipping down the leagues that training ground might come in double handy for first team matches.
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:19 - Jan 8 with 2930 viewsHooping_Mad

Chris Ramsey gone on 15:10 - Jan 8 by Rangersw12

Would love know what his role actually was as he seemed to be doing fck all for the last few years

Haunting the current first team manager seemed the main role. Crazy he was allowed to remain after 2015.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:23 - Jan 8 with 2874 viewsThird_Division_South

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:19 - Jan 8 by Hooping_Mad

Haunting the current first team manager seemed the main role. Crazy he was allowed to remain after 2015.

Clearing the way for Warbs to return as DOF?
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:26 - Jan 8 with 2815 viewssprocket

This has the feeling of one of those mass purges that happens every so often...
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:27 - Jan 8 with 2802 viewsQPROslo

Chris Ramsey gone on 15:30 - Jan 8 by macclesfieldman

Personally I'm glad he's gone. In 9 years employment he has done nothing/very little to advance the club. Was lucky to be retained after his disasterous stint as Manager. I hope Hall is next and Marti can choose his own coaches

Eze? My understanding is that Ramsey was one who saw the talent and potential in Eze when many other Clubs were rejecting him or letting him go. Eze has become a good PL player, earnt us £20 million and perhaps a few more million will be incoming.
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:28 - Jan 8 with 2786 viewspaulhoop2

Why on earth Teflon belk escaped much criticism I don’t no. Another one that needs chopping.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:29 - Jan 8 with 2777 viewsE15Hoop

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:23 - Jan 8 by Third_Division_South

Clearing the way for Warbs to return as DOF?

...You mean before he finds someone else to fall out with...?
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:30 - Jan 8 with 2771 viewsBurnleyhoop

Chris Ramsey gone on 15:13 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Beale had him 'coaching the strikers', which was effectively bibs balls and cones with beale, banfield and the guy he brought from chelsea all above him - which is weird for your 'director of coaching' and the salary that must come with that.

Not sure what he's been doing since Beale but under Ainsworth he was always on the TV gantry at away games in touch with downstairs, and in the posh seats on the train home.

Jobs for the boys is an understatement. A clear out and culture shift is long overdue, I just hope Cifuentes is the driving force behind it, with many more hangers on given the shove.

We no longer have the finances or time to continue with an underachieving academy. It needs to be seriously streamlined with a carefully selected group of proven, capable coaches. Quality not quantity should be the approach.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:31 - Jan 8 with 2748 viewsE15Hoop

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:27 - Jan 8 by QPROslo

Eze? My understanding is that Ramsey was one who saw the talent and potential in Eze when many other Clubs were rejecting him or letting him go. Eze has become a good PL player, earnt us £20 million and perhaps a few more million will be incoming.

Wasn't Eze down to Ollie, who had seen him when he was at Millwall, and made sure we grabbed him quickly before others picked up on his talent?
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:32 - Jan 8 with 2726 viewsLblock

Chris Ramsey gone on 16:11 - Jan 8 by Gloucs_R

Looking more and more like streamlining the budgets in order to make the club more attractive to sell. The first place you always start is with the middle management layer.

You mean there is someone out there mental enough to buy something which carries a circa £300mill loss as a "business"???

It would be great if there is that crazy multi-billionaire out there wanting to buy us but, straight away, I'd have to question their motives as well as their sanity.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:33 - Jan 8 with 2712 viewsdaveB

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:31 - Jan 8 by E15Hoop

Wasn't Eze down to Ollie, who had seen him when he was at Millwall, and made sure we grabbed him quickly before others picked up on his talent?

No was nothing to do with Holloway, signing was Hall & Ramsey
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:35 - Jan 8 with 2698 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:28 - Jan 8 by paulhoop2

Why on earth Teflon belk escaped much criticism I don’t no. Another one that needs chopping.

Problem is, the lines are so blurred. You, me, none of us know who he recommended and didn’t. Who managers ignored etc. all clubs, even brighton, make poor signings, but none of us know who exactly has made all those decisions.

Bare bones.

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:36 - Jan 8 with 2694 viewsQPROslo

Chris Ramsey gone on 16:33 - Jan 8 by WadR

Chair's the top response under QPR's tweet saying 'the best' in relation to Ramsey.

It's interesting, as alluded to by a few other posters, he's had a good rep as a coach within football. And Chair, Eze, Bright all credit him with improving their games.

But has there been a development team signing or young player whose development has really been shaped positively by Ramsey in the last 4 years?

Armstrong?
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:42 - Jan 8 with 2622 viewsE15Hoop

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:33 - Jan 8 by daveB

No was nothing to do with Holloway, signing was Hall & Ramsey

Sorry - You're right of course, Dave. Went back and checked and found this which clears up the timeline: https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2022/08/31/premier-league/1121672-how-eberechi
Looks like Ollie just got lucky!
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:45 - Jan 8 with 2569 viewsE17hoop

If you can't change the people, you change the people.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:47 - Jan 8 with 2540 viewsmart_Goblin

Hard to know what to make of it really . ‘Rationalise’ is an interesting choice of words from Hoos.
I take that to mean we are clearing the decks possibly because we are still in danger of breaking FFP rules but who really knows?
Maybe it’s the club finally starting to clear out people who have not achieved anything like their goals? But I can’t see us being that efficient, whoever ‘us’ is these days?
Or maybe it was put to Ramsey to walk away with a small payment and he snatched their hand off before the lynchings start? Another ‘ experienced’ head regarding spotting players walking away and leaving Marti more isolated. Maybe Marti didn’t want him there ?

As I said, who knows? Hoos as usual says very little in the way of info, but I for one think it’s time to clear the decks right through and have fresh people , the best people for the job , with fresh ideas about how to turn this all around .
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:51 - Jan 8 with 2502 viewsGus_iom

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:35 - Jan 8 by Antti_Heinola

Problem is, the lines are so blurred. You, me, none of us know who he recommended and didn’t. Who managers ignored etc. all clubs, even brighton, make poor signings, but none of us know who exactly has made all those decisions.

Yeah, but at least brighton are adept at finding other mugs to pass their wastrels on to.
Apologies to anyone who read that before the edit, autocorrect made that quite weird
[Post edited 8 Jan 17:52]
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:56 - Jan 8 with 2460 viewsHooping_Mad

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:27 - Jan 8 by QPROslo

Credit where it's due, that was a good bit of business. If it had been followed up a few 4/5 million pound players he would still be here.

I can't speak for others but my issue was always the fact he was an Ex-First team manager and how that was perceived by JFH, Ollie, Schteve, Warbs, Boil, Critch, Gaz and Marti.

8 managers had to work with a bloke sacked from the job. It's not something you see other clubs doing.

I don't blame Chris for the clubs actions though, best of luck to him. Thanks for Eze !

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:58 - Jan 8 with 2436 viewsmart_Goblin

Chris Ramsey gone on 15:58 - Jan 8 by NorthantsHoop

Need to start finding bigger stronger youngsters for a start, the youngsters breaking through let's just say they are on the short side. We are soft small looking team and it is no coincidence that we get done over, just look at players like Drewe and Pedder vertically challenged in a league populated by 6 foot plus athletes. Look at the Bellingham brothers perfect examples of the stature of a modern top level footballer. Start giving them all 3 shredded wheat.

On a match day you’ll find some of our development squad eating pies hotdogs etc at the bars during the game . Now occasionally in private of course but don’t be willingly seen by the fans on more than one occasion tucking into that shit.
Says to me that nutrition and diet isn’t implemented fully
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:59 - Jan 8 with 2415 viewscharmr

Maybe he got found out!
Chris Ramsey gone on 18:05 - Jan 8 with 2359 viewsLongsufferingR

Hoping it's Richards next.
Chris Ramsey gone on 18:09 - Jan 8 with 2293 viewsgazza1

FYI.....Ramsey was heavily involved along with Manisha with the young boys, they were both always around every Sunday at the boys matches. I presume that they were around during the evening at training sessions and during the day for the older boys on full time football. There are 2/3 coaches working part time with the different age groups who gave feedback to Ramsey. When academy youngsters are up for their contract renewal Ramsey would have the final say if it is renewed or not. Presume Manisha will take the lead now.
Chris Ramsey gone on 18:10 - Jan 8 with 2274 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I suspect the reality of his leaving is that we won't notice any significant loss as a result.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chris Ramsey gone on 18:12 - Jan 8 with 2271 viewsNorthernr

Chris Ramsey gone on 18:09 - Jan 8 by gazza1

FYI.....Ramsey was heavily involved along with Manisha with the young boys, they were both always around every Sunday at the boys matches. I presume that they were around during the evening at training sessions and during the day for the older boys on full time football. There are 2/3 coaches working part time with the different age groups who gave feedback to Ramsey. When academy youngsters are up for their contract renewal Ramsey would have the final say if it is renewed or not. Presume Manisha will take the lead now.

Where does Alex Carroll fit into this Gaz?
Chris Ramsey gone on 18:31 - Jan 8 with 2118 viewsbosh67

I wish Ramsey good luck.

He did at least have two songs sung about him during his short spell as manager. They were 'you don't know what you're doing' and 'you're getting sacked in the morning' but at least they were songs.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024