Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey gone 15:01 - Jan 8 with 53160 viewsJigsore

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/january/08/chris-ramsey-departs/

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Chris Ramsey gone on 18:34 - Jan 8 with 3371 viewsGloucs_R

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:32 - Jan 8 by Lblock

You mean there is someone out there mental enough to buy something which carries a circa £300mill loss as a "business"???

It would be great if there is that crazy multi-billionaire out there wanting to buy us but, straight away, I'd have to question their motives as well as their sanity.

I didn't say that 😉

Poll: Are we staying up?

Chris Ramsey gone on 18:37 - Jan 8 with 3344 viewsPunteR

Chris Ramsey gone on 16:35 - Jan 8 by RuislipR

Well Bhatia did say at the Fans Forums they were reviewing "all the verticals". Didn't expect this right now though...

I thought he meant the goal posts.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chris Ramsey gone on 18:38 - Jan 8 with 3334 viewsdaveB

He did some good things with us, mostly in the first few years but hard to see where he has fitted in the last few years and certainly time to go

Hopefully this is a busy few weeks of changes because it's long over due
Chris Ramsey gone on 18:50 - Jan 8 with 3238 viewsPunteR

Les Ferdinand's mate isn't he ? Now Les has gone, Ramsey has no one to cover his back.
Simple as that isn't it ?

(BOO..HISSS)

Chris Ramsey gone on 18:50 - Jan 8 with 3237 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Ramsey gone on 18:38 - Jan 8 by daveB

He did some good things with us, mostly in the first few years but hard to see where he has fitted in the last few years and certainly time to go

Hopefully this is a busy few weeks of changes because it's long over due

A fair summary.

I remember during the Covid lockdowns Ramsey was on quite a few coaching podcasts and was properly feted for the work he was doing on the development side. The year before we had the second most minutes played by home-developed players in our Division, Eze had been sold, more would follow. It all seemed so bright.

The collapse of the Championship transfer market post-Covid certainly didn't help Ramsey, but at the same time the quality in the players coming through in the last few years has not been good enough, and that was his primary responsibility.

Agree that more changes are needed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:08 - Jan 8 with 3080 viewsdavman

Chris Ramsey gone on 15:09 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Is somebody finally running a finger down the payroll and asking some questions?

Or, like Les Ferdinand, was this instigated by Ramsey?

Hopefully the start of the disassembly of the current disastrous regime. Another 80 departures and we'll almost be at a justifiable number.

Had high hopes when he was bought back after his go at management, but as with everything associated with this board, he was a massive let down.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:12 - Jan 8 with 3035 viewsRs_Holy

does Ramsay going free up the budget for a loan striker til the end of the season???
Chris Ramsey gone on 19:15 - Jan 8 with 3025 viewsNZR

On the bright side, Ramsay leaving will free up wages for us to spunk on experienced, injury prone mercenaries.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:22 - Jan 8 with 2969 viewsbaz_qpr

Rationalise for Lg 1, I guess. If they can't spend and it looks likely we are going down they trim every bit of fat they can. This is the thing that people forget relegation does just not mean offloading high earners its back room as well.

Having said that 9 years is an incredibly long time in football and it is time for others to step up or come in with fresh eyes.
Chris Ramsey gone on 19:25 - Jan 8 with 2945 viewsJigsore

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:12 - Jan 8 by Rs_Holy

does Ramsay going free up the budget for a loan striker til the end of the season???

tbf with what we're saving from CR I imagine only tyler blackwood is in our catchment area

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:28 - Jan 8 with 2910 viewsPunteR

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:12 - Jan 8 by Rs_Holy

Not sure there's many football clubs that get rid of their coaches to sign players. I'm not sure this is their thinking behind this.?
[Post edited 8 Jan 19:29]

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:29 - Jan 8 with 2898 viewsngbqpr

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:35 - Jan 8 by Antti_Heinola

Problem is, the lines are so blurred. You, me, none of us know who he recommended and didn’t. Who managers ignored etc. all clubs, even brighton, make poor signings, but none of us know who exactly has made all those decisions.

Exactly.

We have all these threads on here about "such & such must go" when things aren't going well - but aside from the players we watch weekly, behind the scenes do any of us really know who's responsible for what, be it good, bad or indifferent?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:33 - Jan 8 with 2874 viewsHastings_Hoops

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:16 - Jan 8 by stevec

If we start slipping down the leagues that training ground might come in double handy for first team matches.

The cynic in me has me thinking there is actually a medium term strategy to move there anyway, regardless.
Chris Ramsey gone on 19:38 - Jan 8 with 2826 viewsNed_Kennedys

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:28 - Jan 8 by paulhoop2

Why on earth Teflon belk escaped much criticism I don’t no. Another one that needs chopping.

Too right.

Was listening to Peterborough v Leeds on the radio yesterday and they were talking about their latest young player attracting Premier League interest: 20 year old Ronnie Edwards who they signed from Barnet. Our scouting team would never unearth someone like this: miles off it I’m afraid.
Chris Ramsey gone on 19:39 - Jan 8 with 2822 viewsBklynRanger

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:29 - Jan 8 by ngbqpr

Exactly.

We have all these threads on here about "such & such must go" when things aren't going well - but aside from the players we watch weekly, behind the scenes do any of us really know who's responsible for what, be it good, bad or indifferent?

Must say I feel the same way. We are a right fcuking mess so everyone must bear collective responsibility, but beyond that, I don't know if Ramsey was doing his best and making a positive difference or loafing around on a nice wedge or anything in between.

I do note gazza's comments about him being ever present, and some of the good work done in the past so I'll say good luck to him and let's get a few more out please.
Chris Ramsey gone on 19:42 - Jan 8 with 2801 viewsGus_iom

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:47 - Jan 8 by mart_Goblin

Hard to know what to make of it really . ‘Rationalise’ is an interesting choice of words from Hoos.
I take that to mean we are clearing the decks possibly because we are still in danger of breaking FFP rules but who really knows?
Maybe it’s the club finally starting to clear out people who have not achieved anything like their goals? But I can’t see us being that efficient, whoever ‘us’ is these days?
Or maybe it was put to Ramsey to walk away with a small payment and he snatched their hand off before the lynchings start? Another ‘ experienced’ head regarding spotting players walking away and leaving Marti more isolated. Maybe Marti didn’t want him there ?

As I said, who knows? Hoos as usual says very little in the way of info, but I for one think it’s time to clear the decks right through and have fresh people , the best people for the job , with fresh ideas about how to turn this all around .

Who knows, Marti did say on Saturday that he had told the board what he thought we needed to do....
Chris Ramsey gone on 21:06 - Jan 8 with 2425 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Still can't get over him bringing SWP on when we were 5-0 down at City. Seems indicative of the last decade.
Chris Ramsey gone on 21:12 - Jan 8 with 2385 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Clearing out the dead wood......this is like that bag of crap in your loft that on a clear out you don't even sort through or think twice....you just throw it straight in the back of the car and off to the tip.

After he was sacked as manager that should been him done at this place...what a ride he's had the last few years....Good news this...this ain't the end of the academy its the start!
Chris Ramsey gone on 21:18 - Jan 8 with 2348 viewsSydneyRs

Ferdinand and Ramsey gone.

So, who do we blame for everything now?
Chris Ramsey gone on 21:20 - Jan 8 with 2329 viewsflynnbo

Chris Ramsey gone on 21:18 - Jan 8 by SydneyRs

Ferdinand and Ramsey gone.

So, who do we blame for everything now?

JPR Williams too at 74. RIP to a sporting great.
Chris Ramsey gone on 21:35 - Jan 8 with 2244 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Chris Ramsey gone on 21:20 - Jan 8 by flynnbo

JPR Williams too at 74. RIP to a sporting great.

'Always get your retaliation in first'

Great quote by that man a sporting great for sure....a mental toughness unrivalled by many R.I.P
Chris Ramsey gone on 21:44 - Jan 8 with 2160 viewsYorkRanger

Chris Ramsey gone on 21:35 - Jan 8 by Midlands_Ranger

'Always get your retaliation in first'

Great quote by that man a sporting great for sure....a mental toughness unrivalled by many R.I.P

Hard to know who is to blame for what and who is responsible for the numerous failures and limited success stories. Ramsey has always struck me as a decent bloke and I wish him well, but what is clear is that any business failing as badly as QPR should always look to shake up its management structure and QPR is no exception and this is long overdue.
Chris Ramsey gone on 21:49 - Jan 8 with 2128 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Chris Ramsey gone on 21:44 - Jan 8 by YorkRanger

Hard to know who is to blame for what and who is responsible for the numerous failures and limited success stories. Ramsey has always struck me as a decent bloke and I wish him well, but what is clear is that any business failing as badly as QPR should always look to shake up its management structure and QPR is no exception and this is long overdue.

Truth right there......I'm always weary when someone does well at the start but then over a period of many years does little all else.

Definitely time for a shake up if ever there was one....he did seem a nice bloke but then again that ain't always enough is it in this world and especially a competitive results/achievement based world of...football
[Post edited 8 Jan 21:51]
Chris Ramsey gone on 22:14 - Jan 8 with 1975 viewsQPROslo

Chris Ramsey gone on 18:31 - Jan 8 by bosh67

I wish Ramsey good luck.

He did at least have two songs sung about him during his short spell as manager. They were 'you don't know what you're doing' and 'you're getting sacked in the morning' but at least they were songs.

Yeah. I wish Ramsey good luck too.
Chris Ramsey gone on 22:53 - Jan 8 with 1830 viewsFredManRave

Chris Ramsey, gone but not...oh, wait.. what was I gonna say.....erm no.... that's it, I've forgotten.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024