Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amos 09:07 - Jan 2 with 4616 viewsNorthantsHoop

A big shout out for Amos for his performance yesterday. He is developing into a very effective midfielder for us. Since coming back into the side at Derby, if I recall, he has been getting better and better. He does the simple things well and gets stuck in. If Eze does go to Tottenham then would be happy to see Amos be part of the deal.
Amos on 09:52 - Jan 2 with 3637 viewskingo

I thought him and also Dom Ball were very good yesterday and their hard work allowed the more creative players to really put on a show.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Amos on 10:10 - Jan 2 with 3573 viewsHooparoo

Amos on 09:52 - Jan 2 by kingo

I thought him and also Dom Ball were very good yesterday and their hard work allowed the more creative players to really put on a show.

Agree. Plenty of energy with those two

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Amos on 10:11 - Jan 2 with 3566 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought both played well and I think i gave both of them an 8/10.

It was the first time in a long time, I thought, that we bossed centre mid.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Amos on 10:13 - Jan 2 with 3557 viewsNed_Kennedys

Amos on 09:52 - Jan 2 by kingo

Yep. I'm not Ball's biggest fan but him and Amos provided solid support to our front four who were on fire yesterday.
Amos on 10:16 - Jan 2 with 3541 viewsmcqpr10

Getting more confident and becoming more effective with each game. Gets about, shows energy and decent on the ball.
Amos on 10:23 - Jan 2 with 3496 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Great post.

We give criticism with a shout and praise with a whisper on this site.

Deserved.
Amos on 10:42 - Jan 2 with 3431 viewsWestbourneR

Still don't see it with Amos - he runs around a lot and is nuisance but he's weak on the ball and a poor uninspired passer. He's totally replaceable for less money.

Ball however is a revelation to me as a proper sitting defensive midfielder. He's big, he pretty quick, he gets around, he's a much better player on the ball that he is given credit, he carries it forward really well.

But the main thing is his reading of the game and covering at the back for others. He made such a huge contribution to our defensive shape yesterday - tracking dangerous runners and making countless blocks and interceptions.

He needs to stay in the team long term. What a signing on a free.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Amos on 10:43 - Jan 2 with 3427 viewsstevec

Probably due to the nature of this Division looked lost at the start of the season but a real transformation as the season progresses.

Looked like a wannabe Deli Alli initially but found his own game now.
Login to get fewer ads

Amos on 11:24 - Jan 2 with 3285 viewsrsonist

Amos on 10:42 - Jan 2 by WestbourneR

Still don't see it with Amos - he runs around a lot and is nuisance but he's weak on the ball and a poor uninspired passer. He's totally replaceable for less money.

Ball however is a revelation to me as a proper sitting defensive midfielder. He's big, he pretty quick, he gets around, he's a much better player on the ball that he is given credit, he carries it forward really well.

But the main thing is his reading of the game and covering at the back for others. He made such a huge contribution to our defensive shape yesterday - tracking dangerous runners and making countless blocks and interceptions.

I liked Ball a lot yesterday, and not for the first time (when the going's good he looks like a lower league Rodri) but he's played as many games for us where he's seemed part of the general problem as those where he's a seamless cog in a fluid machine. Has some way to go to prove he's not a limited player for limited opposition.

https://fbref.com/en/players/79d61875/matchlogs/2019-2020/Dominic-Ball-Match-Log
Amos on 11:28 - Jan 2 with 3259 viewsdaveB

Amos on 10:42 - Jan 2 by WestbourneR

Amos has been pretty good recently, I haven't notice him be weak on the ball, he moves the ball pretty well and is the one who links the defence to midfield and gets the ball to Eze and bright in the oppositions half.
Amos on 11:33 - Jan 2 with 3239 viewsjonno

Said on here a few months ago that Amos was clearly a quality player that just needed to get his fitness and confidence after some fairly major injuries. He is very effective for us, particularly alongside Ball. more so than even Eze in my view, who is great to watch but quite often flatters to deceive.
Amos on 11:38 - Jan 2 with 3213 viewsJoolz69

Amos on 11:33 - Jan 2 by jonno

Said on here a few months ago that Amos was clearly a quality player that just needed to get his fitness and confidence after some fairly major injuries. He is very effective for us, particularly alongside Ball. more so than even Eze in my view, who is great to watch but quite often flatters to deceive.

Eze flatters to deceive??
Did I read that right??
Amos on 11:47 - Jan 2 with 3161 viewsMedwayR

Amos has been much improved lately, simply because he's getting up and down the pitch rather than going across it, but I still think he's lightweight. He'll look decent in a good team performance but disappear when the going gets tough.

Poll: Who’s better?

Amos on 11:52 - Jan 2 with 3137 viewsdanehoop

Amos on 11:38 - Jan 2 by Joolz69

Did I read that right??

ten goals, six assists and the sort of skills you see perhaps once a decade. Yep sure he is lazy as well.

Never knowingly understood

Amos on 11:53 - Jan 2 with 3137 viewstraininvain

Did I read that right??

10 goals and six assists from attacking midfield at the halfway point in the season. But flatters to deceive according to Jonno. Bizarre.
Amos on 11:59 - Jan 2 with 3113 viewsslmrstid

I thought Amos has been really good these last two games - it's no coincidence for me that our midfield started to fall apart after he went off against Hull.

The sort of performances we thought we may get from the off in August. In fairness to him, first season of proper competitive mens football, so he's clearly needed some time to find his feet in full, but he's really coming on good and I'm really impressed.

I also really like Dom Ball - I'm not sure he's quite as good as Cameron in that defensive midfield role, but he's played some really good, clever football at times. He's not a spectacular player, for me he's not the sort of player that will produce you something to win you games, but he is the sort of player that will stop you losing them. (Figuratively speaking anyway!)

Plenty of bumps in the road to come I'm sure, but more of the same is always welcome!
Amos on 12:22 - Jan 2 with 3049 viewsLblock

I’m a harsh critic of Amos but credit where it’s due for yesterday he was pretty good and very busy

Still a long way for him to go and my position remains that I’d be gutted if he’s a makeweight in an Eze transfer and valued at anything over £250k

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Amos on 13:17 - Jan 2 with 2924 viewsGroveR

"If Eze does go to Tottenham then would be happy to see Amos be part of the deal."

Unless we're talking upwards of £10m cash PLUS Amos then absolutely not. It's like paying for a twenty quid round of drinks with a tenner plus a tenner bookies receipt on the basis the bet *might* come in.
Amos on 13:54 - Jan 2 with 2837 viewsNorthantsHoop

Amos on 13:17 - Jan 2 by GroveR

"If Eze does go to Tottenham then would be happy to see Amos be part of the deal."

Unless we're talking upwards of £10m cash PLUS Amos then absolutely not. It's like paying for a twenty quid round of drinks with a tenner plus a tenner bookies receipt on the basis the bet *might* come in.

Anything around £20 million mark would be a good return on Eze. Just think if we can get a young player like Amos as part of the deal who fits Warburton's system then that will be good business. If he also continues to improve then we could make a good profit on him in future years.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 13:55]
Amos on 14:22 - Jan 2 with 2747 viewssmegma

Did I read that right??

Ive been very flattered watching his 10 goals this season.
Amos on 14:42 - Jan 2 with 2695 viewsAgedR

Said elsewhere, thought it was really good yesterday and, without BOS being quite so stupendous, was in my short list for MOM.

I think he has taken some time, but, saw the first signs of a player at Fulham and Warbs clearly likes him as he has given him lots of opportunities. He drives forward impressively and will, I think improve. I also think he’ll add goals to his game.

If we can keep this squad together through the window it’s going to be a lot of fun watching us for the rest of the season.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Amos on 17:24 - Jan 2 with 2550 viewsGroveR

Amos on 13:54 - Jan 2 by NorthantsHoop

Anything around £20 million mark would be a good return on Eze. Just think if we can get a young player like Amos as part of the deal who fits Warburton's system then that will be good business. If he also continues to improve then we could make a good profit on him in future years.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 13:55]

I'd be delighted with that but if the bidding values Eze at £20m then it's £20m PLUS player. Including a player going the other way to make up numbers is far too easy for the selling club to abuse.
Amos on 17:36 - Jan 2 with 2518 viewswelwynranger

Amos was my MOM at Reading
Amos on 18:30 - Jan 2 with 2444 viewsswisscottage

Amos on 11:33 - Jan 2 by jonno

So that would be with a goal and two assists yesterday... Jeez!!
Amos on 12:41 - Jan 3 with 2253 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Amos also seems to be developing a knack for getting into the box at good times. If you look at goals 3,4,5 and 6 on Saturday he’s in amongst the action or arriving late looking for a rebound. I seem to remember him doing it quite a lot in the games before this too. It’s so difficult for defenders to stop this so could become a potent weapon for us in games to come.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 12:41]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024