Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who still went to qpr. 21:12 - Sep 30 with 2306 viewsqpr_1968

who were st holders.
who picked and chose their games.
who gave up going.
and who live too far away.

Me, i chose what games to go to, i classed my self priviliged because i live in wormholt road.
always got a ticket for home games, even in the premier days, and the well supported days in division 1.
away games, probably go to at least 10 gsames, give or take a few.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who still went to qpr. on 21:16 - Sep 30 with 1806 viewsJuzzie

Went to most home games and a few aways through the mid 80’s to late 90’s.
Got my first ST when we were in Division 2 in 2001 and only gave it up around 2016 when family responsibilities beckoned.
During that time probably missed on average one home game season. Averaged 6-10 aways.
Who still went to qpr. on 22:05 - Sep 30 with 1695 viewsjeffranger

ST holder & have been mid 60’s/70’s- 80’s/90’s bought tickets but since 2000 & still current ST holder upper loft, used to go away to watch almost Every game in 60/70’s but much now
Who still went to qpr. on 22:11 - Sep 30 with 1678 viewsaston_hoop

Season ticket holder through my teenage years, gave it up for university in Birmingham and spent those years trying to do a lot of away games, got it back when I moved back down south, gave it up again the Warnock promotion season. That season I had to pick and choose games due to my new job - went to one home to Derby on a midweek late in the season and had a load of dickheads around basically try and hound me out as they'd 'never seen my face' before and I was obviously a glory hunter. Fell out of love at that point, didnt feel like my club anymore. Was convinced to go to the first away game at Goodison Park the next season and it all came back, great day that was. Moved abroad in 2015 so its matches whenever I visit now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Who still went to qpr. on 22:26 - Sep 30 with 1636 viewsqprxtc

The only way I’m going to stop going to Rangers (unenforced stoppages) is to move out if London. And that’s unlikely for the next financial year(s).

I’ve live in the Bush/Barlby Road my entire existence and if I’m not there when Rangers are at home , well Tony Incezo will be.

Until I started earining money ( my mum let keep the money from the shopping trolley (£2.00 in 1985, Trolley crime was rife on The Green back then) And that was enough to get me in the Loft and a programme back then) I had to pick and choose.

However since 1985/86 I have missed barely a home game a season. More since I got married in 2009 but compromise is the start of a new life.

Being honest, I haven’t missed being AT Loftus Road. I’ve missed looking forward to the whole day. Rangers are still Rangers. It never mattered whether I was there or not. The pint is I believed I could make a difference. Watching it on a laptop is like watching myself have sex on a laptop. Its my arse bouncing up and down but the climax is bbcckkgghjtyrhhaajit.
Who still went to qpr. on 22:31 - Sep 30 with 1625 viewsqpr_1968

Who still went to qpr. on 22:26 - Sep 30 by qprxtc

The only way I’m going to stop going to Rangers (unenforced stoppages) is to move out if London. And that’s unlikely for the next financial year(s).

I’ve live in the Bush/Barlby Road my entire existence and if I’m not there when Rangers are at home , well Tony Incezo will be.

Until I started earining money ( my mum let keep the money from the shopping trolley (£2.00 in 1985, Trolley crime was rife on The Green back then) And that was enough to get me in the Loft and a programme back then) I had to pick and choose.

However since 1985/86 I have missed barely a home game a season. More since I got married in 2009 but compromise is the start of a new life.

Being honest, I haven’t missed being AT Loftus Road. I’ve missed looking forward to the whole day. Rangers are still Rangers. It never mattered whether I was there or not. The pint is I believed I could make a difference. Watching it on a laptop is like watching myself have sex on a laptop. Its my arse bouncing up and down but the climax is bbcckkgghjtyrhhaajit.

the pint is......love it

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who still went to qpr. on 23:25 - Sep 30 with 1566 viewsstowmarketrange

I went to a few games in season 70-71,and a few more over the next couple of seasons.I went to about 10 of the homes games in 75-76,and really caught the bug.
First season ticket was 76-77 and that was a free one for selling the lottery tickets for the club.They were all bought by my parents,so it was only the same as them giving me the money for a ticket anyway,but they had a chance of winning their money back by buying all my lottery tickets.
Work got in the way of football in 78-81 because I had to work most Saturdays.Came back with the promotion season of 82-83 and had a season ticket ever since except for the season Gary Waddock was in charge.
One season I went to all league and cup games,home and away,and I hoping to get to a lot more away games once we’re allowed back.
Who still went to qpr. on 00:11 - Oct 1 with 1520 viewsdaveB

Season Ticket holder 84-94 then became a member as turned 18 and had to buy my own tickets and moved around different seats, got season ticket again in 96/97 despite going to uni and not being able to go much before giving that to my Dad the following year.

After that got me and my wife Season ticket in upper loft in 2000/01 season, what an intro that was to the poor cow, and been a ST holder ever since

Away games used to be all of them but had dropped drastically in the last 6 years but planning on doing as many as possible when we can go again
Who still went to qpr. on 00:25 - Oct 1 with 1510 viewsSydneyRs

Season ticket early 80s starting with the promotion season for a few years. Then most home games, all London aways and a few others. On long runs of poor form I missed the odd home game. Looking back we were spoilt during this period, not that I appreciated it at the time.

Stayed like this until I went travelling in mid 90s. After I got back in 97 probably didn't go as often but still quite regularly. Last game before travelling was a late season win over Spurs after another good year. First game after returning was a dismal 0-2 at home to Reading a division lower. While I was well aware of what had happened while I was away this really hammered it home.
Login to get fewer ads

Who still went to qpr. on 00:51 - Oct 1 with 1495 viewstimcocking

This is what worries me about the bloody Corona lockdown. Going to watch the games live is addictive, but once you stop going, it's a very habit easy to fall out of. When one is watching every match live, the thought of missing one is terrible. When aforementioned one hasn't been for ages, it just doesn't seem so important anymore.

My worry will be when (if) the turnstiles are finally reopened, how many people will have fallen out of the habit and might no longer want to fork out a large sum of money to watch seriously mediocre entertainment. Bet there are plenty who've just always gone who might quickly get used to always not going and having more money as a result.

I'll predict we've lost a fair few fans by the time it's all sorted out, without wishing to be too negative.
Who still went to qpr. on 02:40 - Oct 1 with 1475 viewsMistication92

Going to games is addictive TBH, even though I've never been to many in a season. Dad's family grew up in Acton, so even though they eventually moved out of London and he ended up growing up in Northants, him and his Dad went a few times a season. Then he took me from relatively early in my life, also mixed with going to Arsenal games (Mum grew up in Islington).

I should've made more effort when I was at uni in the Midlands 2011-13, as I had F all to do and it probably would've cheered me up. Still went a few times with my Dad and occasionally to away games on my own and that stayed the same until I started travelling for work/training in 2017.

Now I'm living in Vancouver for the foreseeable future, so it's out of the question. Before lockdown I still liked spending a fiver to watch the streams at 7am, but without crowds I find it far less enjoyable.

Apart from my cats, going to Rangers is probably the only thing I actually miss from the UK.
Who still went to qpr. on 02:51 - Oct 1 with 1473 viewsSydneyRs

Who still went to qpr. on 02:40 - Oct 1 by Mistication92

Going to games is addictive TBH, even though I've never been to many in a season. Dad's family grew up in Acton, so even though they eventually moved out of London and he ended up growing up in Northants, him and his Dad went a few times a season. Then he took me from relatively early in my life, also mixed with going to Arsenal games (Mum grew up in Islington).

I should've made more effort when I was at uni in the Midlands 2011-13, as I had F all to do and it probably would've cheered me up. Still went a few times with my Dad and occasionally to away games on my own and that stayed the same until I started travelling for work/training in 2017.

Now I'm living in Vancouver for the foreseeable future, so it's out of the question. Before lockdown I still liked spending a fiver to watch the streams at 7am, but without crowds I find it far less enjoyable.

Apart from my cats, going to Rangers is probably the only thing I actually miss from the UK.

Same. Family and QPR, maybe decent pubs too. That's it. The UK is looking less and less attractive by the day and seems like a bitterness filled laughing stock from afar, particularly over the past few years.

I'm hoping its better than it looks.
Who still went to qpr. on 04:22 - Oct 1 with 1441 viewsnumptydumpty

First game as a young boy in 1980. Went around four or five home games up till around 87, Then 87 to 95 every home game and around seven or eight away games. Since then away games very rarely but probably solidly averaging about six or seven games a season last twenty odd years

Money talks and half time too whacked to travel at weekends due to stressful jobs and stressful lifestyle ie went to QPR for relaxation !!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Who still went to qpr. on 07:18 - Oct 1 with 1369 viewsessextaxiboy

Who still went to qpr. on 02:51 - Oct 1 by SydneyRs

Same. Family and QPR, maybe decent pubs too. That's it. The UK is looking less and less attractive by the day and seems like a bitterness filled laughing stock from afar, particularly over the past few years.

I'm hoping its better than it looks.

I have to go to work , but I could sit here all morning listing the things that make the the UK the best country in the world .
Who still went to qpr. on 07:22 - Oct 1 with 1365 viewsSydneyRs

Who still went to qpr. on 07:18 - Oct 1 by essextaxiboy

I have to go to work , but I could sit here all morning listing the things that make the the UK the best country in the world .

And I'd agree with a lot of it. Looks very much a nation in decline now though.
Who still went to qpr. on 07:53 - Oct 1 with 1322 viewsNorthernr

Went to every game and am bereft without it.
Who still went to qpr. on 08:18 - Oct 1 with 1291 viewswelwynranger

Who still went to qpr. on 07:53 - Oct 1 by Northernr

Went to every game and am bereft without it.

Yep. Was thinking the same yesterday. Today is the start of the 10th month, and I have only seen 3 live games at Loftus Road this year. Hesrtbreaking
Who still went to qpr. on 08:37 - Oct 1 with 1269 viewsToast_R

Used to have a membership for years but went full season ticket holder for 3 seasons but canned it when I got married and went back to memberships again. Now I've got kids I don't bother with that anymore either and just take in the odd game when the opportunity presents itself. Prefer the away matches when I can.

Last match I attended was the Sheff Weds FA cup loss this year and re-affirmed my feelings on why I can't be arsed with it much these days. When my son (currently 5) gets a bit older I may, if he likes it, get us involved again but at the moment he cares not for football.
Who still went to qpr. on 08:48 - Oct 1 with 1248 viewsnix

I'm really missing it. It's not the same at all watching on TV. Someone suggested I go and see the local non-league team. Um, no. Although I watch other teams on TV, QPR is MY team, so it wouldn't be the same at all. I can't wait to get back to normal and the sooner the better.
Who still went to qpr. on 09:06 - Oct 1 with 1221 viewsJeff

Been a ST for 15 years since moving to London from Basingstoke to find my fame and fortune.

supported QPR since New Years Day 1992

Generally been following Clive around the country for the last decade.

in the good old days i used to hoover up any and all football of any level or nationality apart from Scottish football, obviously, but since all this, i'm watching considerably less football, and like Tim Cocking alluded to, my interest is waning...

Can we not knock it?

Who still went to qpr. on 09:13 - Oct 1 with 1210 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Live too far away. I still make a few games a year, usually home games if I can and any away games around Christmas.

Season ticket holder when I lived in England from 85-96 and almost every away game too.
If I was still living in England I've no doubt I'd still be doing the same.

Keep the heads up, folks. The club will survive as it survived two world wars and financial disasters, and this will be over before we know it.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 11:42]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who still went to qpr. on 09:33 - Oct 1 with 1170 viewsplasmahoop

Who still went to qpr. on 00:51 - Oct 1 by timcocking

This is what worries me about the bloody Corona lockdown. Going to watch the games live is addictive, but once you stop going, it's a very habit easy to fall out of. When one is watching every match live, the thought of missing one is terrible. When aforementioned one hasn't been for ages, it just doesn't seem so important anymore.

My worry will be when (if) the turnstiles are finally reopened, how many people will have fallen out of the habit and might no longer want to fork out a large sum of money to watch seriously mediocre entertainment. Bet there are plenty who've just always gone who might quickly get used to always not going and having more money as a result.

I'll predict we've lost a fair few fans by the time it's all sorted out, without wishing to be too negative.

I'm not so sure we will. I probably average a game a month, but I've really missed it. As I have the horse racing, and the cricket. Was able to play some cricket luckily, but am missing my jolly ups.
But in reply, surely loads of people will basically be bored witless by the end of all this and just craving live stuff. Yes the economy has gone down the pan and unemployment will be huge, but in terms of attendance I reckon that will be offset by the urge to get out
Who still went to qpr. on 10:11 - Oct 1 with 1132 viewsLowerloftLad

i became a season ticket holder in our championship return season under holloway. I renewed every season through to the second premier league relegation.

now i go to two/three home games a season. One away game i actually get a buzz when i do go now.Going everyweek was hard work under hughes and redknapp

since i have moved home i am watching chertsey town. who are getting 400 fans every week. that is there allowed capacity. people tried buying my ticket of me for the chertsey town v leatherhead fa cup match on the walk from the pub to the ground so id say once stadium's reopen people may flood back to QPR

[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 10:19]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Who still went to qpr. on 10:20 - Oct 1 with 1110 viewsterryb

I first saw Rangers in 1967 soon after the League Cup win, but it took to the relegation of 68/69 to become a fully fledged Ranger.

Until I moved to Ipswich in '74 I had some seasons of going to the Bush & half the away games, but there were some seasons that I played. If sunday football hadn't been at such a high standard I probably would have played more on saturday's.

The pattern was the same up till 1982 when my first child was born. From then till 2003 I rarely saw Rangers play outside of East Anglia. In the early '90's I was watching Chesham United on a fairly regular basis though. My eldest joined me as we drove to my parents house in Chesham where his gran cooked the dinner of his choice before going to the match with my father & brother (drove from Kew). In the Isthmian chapmionship season we went to at least half the away games as well.

Come 2003 I can afford to go to Rangers again & Iain (my eldest) has also moved Rangers above Chesham on his favourites list. In 2004 Iain has finished uni at Lancaster & we buy season tickets for the first season back in the second division & have done so every season since (including this).

I very much miss being in the Upper Loft, back row of block m, & seeing the same faces year after year. I even miss Connell moaning & telling us that he's not going to renew for the next season!

Also, we have made great friends in Beth & Simon who we meet in the Defectors before the games & then stand together in the back row of the Loftus (kissing only rarely allowed!). It will be a great day when we can get back to our regular Rangers routine!
Who still went to qpr. on 11:01 - Oct 1 with 1060 viewsozranger

I've been quiet for some time and will return to that state after this. But, here is a thread I can feel is one I can explain my story, one so different to almost everyone else.

I have no connection with London prior to 2016. Born in NZ and lived in Australia almost all of my life, I joined the band of rare R's fans from abroad sometime in the 70s. Many have asked when and why and really, I do not know or can't remember. Perhaps that is age. I did not see my first game until 1998 when we lost to Bury in the final game of the season but stayed up. My next game was not until August 2013 when I was in the UK as part of my fieldwork for my doctorate. That was the win at Ellen Rd. I really enjoyed the experience, the trip and even caught the RL game the night before.

Then in 2016 the missus moved from Sydney to London for work and I started to venture over for periods of time, as much allowable by the UK govt. In 2017 I finally organised my season ticket in the middle of Ellerslie, a seat I was extremely lucky to get and have continued to have that seat since but early on it would mean not being at games for up to half a season. Prior to 2019-20, I only visited the rare away game - the win at the Cottage included. Then, after a holiday back in Oz last December, I chose to do the whole of January and February, all home and away games. It was fun, not concerning for safety and of course a change at Preston included. It was a bug that had got to me, one that is not cheap even though I have basically retired, yet one that I want to continue when possible.

Do I miss the games? Yes. Do I miss the companionship of those around me, some of whom are somewhat older than me? Yes. Am I concerned that some of these people may have been taken by the virus? Yes, unfortunately considering their age. I do venture to the C&S to see Clive and the others at the occasional games but even that is becoming more and more risky.

So, as you can see, to some I am the complete opposite. I was someone like most of the Manure fans of these days, a distant fan who never goes to games or is able to go. But unlike most of these, I have been able to make it here now and, with EU citizenship fixed, I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy, until I return to Oz for good, attending games and look forward to their return.
Who still went to qpr. on 11:27 - Oct 1 with 1024 viewsDavieQPR

Was a season ticket holder with my son until a couple of seasons ago. My son left school and with his new job he had to leave the house at 6.30am. With midweek games and getting home at 1-2am was too much. So we became members. Still go to a few away games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024