Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal 17:29 - Jan 3 with 7740 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2023-01-03/did-eastleigh-fc-score-the-fastest-
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 17:40 - Jan 3 with 5804 viewsbosh67

That is a brilliant goal. Obviously rehearsed. Why can't we do that?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 17:59 - Jan 3 with 5728 viewsDannyPaddox

Hooray for Alfie Lloyd!

Tommy Langley scored a goal at Loftus Road early 80s for the Rs - can’t remember if it was 6 or 8 seconds. Pretty sure it was against Bolton and in the Loft End.

QPR scoring a goal in the Loft End - ah memories.
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 18:11 - Jan 3 with 5692 viewsstanistheman

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 17:59 - Jan 3 by DannyPaddox

Hooray for Alfie Lloyd!

Tommy Langley scored a goal at Loftus Road early 80s for the Rs - can’t remember if it was 6 or 8 seconds. Pretty sure it was against Bolton and in the Loft End.

I remember that goal too.
As for goals at the loft end , we have struggled throughout 2022 and have started this year on the same footing.
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 00:06 - Jan 4 with 5400 viewsMrSheen

If you liked that one, try this from the previous game…

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 00:27 - Jan 4 with 5339 viewsDannyPaddox

Well isn’t this ironic ©Sheyrl Crow.

Marc Burrows of Cowes Sports Reserves v Eastleigh Reserves. Not sure what league or competition it is. Possibly an early round of the Ibiza Cup. Timed at 2.56 seconds in 2004.
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 00:31 - Jan 4 with 5338 viewskensalriser

Hooray for Alfie Lloyd!

QPR scoring wha...where you say now?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 02:09 - Jan 4 with 5272 viewsHantsR

Speaking to some Eastleigh fans in a pub, close to their ground this evening. They're most impressed with him!
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 09:42 - Jan 4 with 4989 viewsCateLeBonR

Hooray for Alfie Lloyd!

Well he’s got a ready made song for him when he comes back to us.

“Al-fieee Lloyd

Dada-dada-dada-da-da-da

Al-fieeee Lloyd

Dada-dada-dada-da-da-da”

I’ve not quite worked out how to shoehorn ‘taking us to the premier league’
into this yet but I will… I WILL!

*Edit - incorrect spelling of da da da
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 9:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 10:03 - Jan 4 with 4919 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hooray for Alfie Lloyd!

Nice Harold Lloyd reference

The grass is always greener.

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 10:20 - Jan 4 with 4872 viewsdmm

Does anyone know if Alfie is related to the leader of Aylesbury Town Council?
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 13:15 - Jan 4 with 4706 viewsNW5Hoop

That goal is a rehearsed move that several teams have done this season. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11133853/The-genius-kick-rout
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 13:20 - Jan 4 with 4668 viewsJuzzie

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 00:27 - Jan 4 by DannyPaddox

Marc Burrows of Cowes Sports Reserves v Eastleigh Reserves. Not sure what league or competition it is. Possibly an early round of the Ibiza Cup. Timed at 2.56 seconds in 2004.

That happened before Christmas at one of our under 8’s game and one of lads said to the ref it wasn’t allowed so he disallowed it
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 13:34 - Jan 4 with 4637 viewsstowmarketrange

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 00:27 - Jan 4 by DannyPaddox

I think you mean Alanis morissette.
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 15:16 - Jan 7 with 4255 viewsaston_hoop

He's done it again today scoring in the first minute

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 17:57 - Feb 2 with 3783 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 18:17 - Feb 2 with 3716 viewsFrankRightguard

Seems a sensible, grounded young man. I also think that interview is a little bit of a “get to know this lad who’ll be round the first team next season” type thing. Scoring regularly at that level is not to be sniffed at.
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 19:07 - Feb 2 with 3592 viewsDWQPR

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 18:17 - Feb 2 by FrankRightguard

Seems a sensible, grounded young man. I also think that interview is a little bit of a “get to know this lad who’ll be round the first team next season” type thing. Scoring regularly at that level is not to be sniffed at.

Certainly seems to be realistic about his career but am I being a bit too cynical in thinking that if any of our youth products are going to make it they should be playing minimum at the moment at League 2 level and Eze and Chair did initially?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 19:39 - Feb 2 with 3510 views1JD

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 19:07 - Feb 2 by DWQPR

Certainly seems to be realistic about his career but am I being a bit too cynical in thinking that if any of our youth products are going to make it they should be playing minimum at the moment at League 2 level and Eze and Chair did initially?

Not sure there is too much of a difference between the National League and League 2 these days. Some big clubs in the National League. Some examples; Southend - 12k capacity. Wrexham 11k. Notts County 20k. The list goes on.

They regularly draw in thousands of fans, and it’s a good level for development and experience. Especially if you are on loan and playing regularly at a young age; Armstrong was 18 at the time for Torquay and Aldershot, and Lloyd is 19 currently at Eastleigh.

However, overall, its definitely quite telling what levels our players go out on loan to, and whether they actually get game time or not. A lot don’t impress and/or sit on the bench. Anything below the National League (ie. NL North/South - Level 6), and I start to have my concerns. And anything below that, level 7 - the southern premier, and it’s alarm bells.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 19:48]
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 22:29 - Feb 2 with 3300 viewsMrSheen

Have to admit to slight disappointment that he bain't mawwur Zummerzettt.
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 22:42 - Feb 2 with 3235 viewsted_hendrix

Sadly since I retired I've lost touch with one of my old work colleagues who had a repeat ST at Eastleigh.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 08:02 - Feb 3 with 3006 viewsDixie_CT

The highlights reel from his time at Eastleigh looks impressive. He has an eye for goal with some clinical finishes and a desire to attack players in 1 v 1, and it seems he has strong physical attributes.

Lloyd turns 20 in April and has one year left on his current deal. I want to think he would be involved in the preseason. He could be ready for the first team then or it might be a case of if needs must. If he isn’t involved, then you would think six-twelve months at Legaue One or Two, will be the next steps for him.

He also looks to be performing better than when Sinclair Armstrong was out on loan. These two could be our strike force next season.

Good luck to him for the rest of his time at Eastleigh, keep banging them in.
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 08:09 - Feb 3 with 2980 viewsHastings_Hoops

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 18:17 - Feb 2 by FrankRightguard

I think this is a case of QPR media team having their finger on the pulse and feeling the growing dissent over the last fortnight at lack of product from our academy team… maybe just being cynical.

He’ll return, make the bench a couple of times, come on in the 87th minute when we’re 2-0 down at home to preston knobend, do 17 keepy-uppies with a baubaul & mega bantz Shodipo, be shipped out on loan to Gillingham, Orient and/or Oxford; then never be seen again. Meanwhile QPR will spend their allowable loss on a loan-move for Carlton Cole.
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 08:18 - Feb 3 with 2945 viewsozranger

Probably a bit late to state this, but take a look at the first few seconds of the Reading away match on Jan 14th. It is exactly the same move, play by play. When I saw it at the game I thought that was a nice move and we nearly got caught out, except for the execution by them was not good enough. But now finally seeing Lloyd's goal, one can see the exact similarities and obviously where Reading got the idea from.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/full-90-reaqpr-160123/

From 6:10 onwards
Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 09:12 - Feb 3 with 2812 viewshubble

I love Eastleigh's moniker, The Spitfires. If they were closer to West London...
But no, it's the Quintessentially Pathetic Rangers that I seem to be wedded to.

I wonder why Alfie was not considered close to the first team, whereas Sinclair Armstrong was?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 10:12 - Feb 3 with 2721 viewsnix

Alfie Lloyd 7.12 second goal on 09:12 - Feb 3 by hubble

I love Eastleigh's moniker, The Spitfires. If they were closer to West London...
But no, it's the Quintessentially Pathetic Rangers that I seem to be wedded to.

I wonder why Alfie was not considered close to the first team, whereas Sinclair Armstrong was?

I've seen him play a couple of times for the youth team and I didn't think he really stood out (what do I know obvs!). Having said that it might be just what he needs to push on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024