Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First time... 12:30 - Dec 30 with 2972 viewsconnell10

.ever I'm thinking about not attending a match....I don't think I can sit through that again against one of the best teams in the league Sheffield utd.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

First time... on 12:37 - Dec 30 with 2911 viewsfrancisbowles

I know what you mean. For the third time in over 50 years, I left early last night. On all three occasions we were three nil down and it was near the end. Last night was also about getting through the police cordon at the bottom of Loftus Road before they closed it off.

I've just checked the whether for Monday as I have a 200 mile round trip drive, at present it says dry for Monday both in H&F and down here. So I'm in but if it changes, the thought of driving home down the M3 from an 8pm kick off after another defeat is not enticing.
First time... on 12:48 - Dec 30 with 2835 viewsLogman

I wanted to leave early last night due to what was unfolding in front of my eyes but at the same time I don't want to ever walk out on my club, even when things are in total disarray.

At the final whistle I was quite surprised that a few players walked round and gave token applause - well done Dickie, Seny, Albert and Tyler Roberts.

The rest went straight off which is understandable.

Dickie is a consummate professional. He conducts himself very well.

Fair play to Tyler Roberts for walking round and applauding. He could easily have not bothered and given further ammunition to the nay-sayers who don't want him here.
First time... on 12:51 - Dec 30 with 2825 viewsNorthantsHoop

The Burnley and last night's games were soul destroying. Me and mate who travel from Northampton by car for mid week games are both season ticket holders planned before kick off to do normal travel down for Monday's match, he text me after match to say he could not face it and I agree, I can get the train or drive myself, but the thought of watching Sheffield Utd ripping us to pieces, which they did last home game of last season and getting an even later train back from Euston is too much to take at the moment.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 12:54]
First time... on 13:03 - Dec 30 with 2776 viewshertshoops

Bitterly disappointing to see some 'our' players not really trying yesterday

I can forgive them for being untalented but not for not bothering

Arguably now when the team/club is up against it is when they need us supporting them the most ?
I know everything points towards us getting royally turned over on Monday, but I will still be there (and the Conn) - there's always a chance we could pull out a 'backs to the wall' draw
First time... on 13:11 - Dec 30 with 2753 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’m long past that stage.

Living abroad as I have been for much of the last 20 years, getting to games was something that I looked forward to, admittedly more to catch up with friends but you live in hope of seeing a good game. But having got a ticket off a friend I used to sit with for last night, I texted to say that I’d not be taking up his offer, as I couldn’t be bothered after wasting an evening watching that dross at Cardiff.

I don’t have the TV package so I’ve only seen QPR once in 2022, and though totally outclassed by Fulham, I thought we tried. Didn’t bother watching last night in the pub, but talked to someone who went; poor lad, totally hacked off. I’ll go against SUFC as we’ll have a meet up before but serve me up dross, with a lack of effort and just doing the effing basics and I’ll be at White City tube long before the final whistle.

Put the effort in, do the best you can and I’ll happily live with the result whatever it is. But just post it in and nahh, got better things to do.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

First time... on 13:19 - Dec 30 with 2726 viewsdaveB

First time... on 13:03 - Dec 30 by hertshoops

Bitterly disappointing to see some 'our' players not really trying yesterday

I can forgive them for being untalented but not for not bothering

Arguably now when the team/club is up against it is when they need us supporting them the most ?
I know everything points towards us getting royally turned over on Monday, but I will still be there (and the Conn) - there's always a chance we could pull out a 'backs to the wall' draw

Which players do you think didn't try?
Difficult to tell watching on TV but effort didn't seem to be the problem
First time... on 14:45 - Dec 30 with 2596 viewsDTIG

First time... on 12:48 - Dec 30 by Logman

I wanted to leave early last night due to what was unfolding in front of my eyes but at the same time I don't want to ever walk out on my club, even when things are in total disarray.

At the final whistle I was quite surprised that a few players walked round and gave token applause - well done Dickie, Seny, Albert and Tyler Roberts.

The rest went straight off which is understandable.

Dickie is a consummate professional. He conducts himself very well.

Fair play to Tyler Roberts for walking round and applauding. He could easily have not bothered and given further ammunition to the nay-sayers who don't want him here.

"I don't want to ever walk out on my club, even when things are in total disarray"....

It's an interesting one this one. What makes people think that staying to the end of what was an embarrassing, gutless and completely toothless performance demonstrates a loyalty that the players on the pitch will somehow appreciate and that walking out leaves people with a sense of guilt that they somehow let the players down "when they need it most"?? I didn't hear much in the way of encouragement from the stands after the third went in.

If you get terrible food in a restaurant you send it back. If you watch a film and it's rubbish you turn it off. Who cares. If I'm honest I've never understood the mentality of clapping the team off when they've been hammered, again, and have shown very little ambition to reward the people who've paid money they can't afford to spend to watch them. What are people applauding?? I personally want to get out of the stadium and back in the pub as soon as possible. Does that mean I'm not loyal? No. Does that mean I won't go again?...No. Does it mean I don't have that endless hope that next time will be better?...No.

Too many fans think the players care and that they'll be mortally wounded should they see the stands emptying after what was another public humiliation. They don't. They'll have a shower, get into their Audi Q7's and go home to check their bank balance and have a good nights sleep.

When all hope is lost, get the f**k out of there, down the Crown and Scepter and order a weeping Tiger steak
First time... on 14:52 - Dec 30 with 2569 viewsAndybrat

You know they were trying, no- one wants to play badly. By trying to be positive the shape fell into Luton’s hands with the 2 wide guys meaning Sam and Tim struggling. Best game for Roberts. Someone else said it, the players need us more than ever to get behind them. We need a second striker to play near Lyndon or to just give another option. Kelman has scored a few and my Southend mates ( yes I do have some from that muddy place) thought he had real potential, just potential though. Keep the faith guys
Login to get fewer ads

First time... on 15:14 - Dec 30 with 2478 viewsAntti_Heinola

First time... on 14:45 - Dec 30 by DTIG

"I don't want to ever walk out on my club, even when things are in total disarray"....

It's an interesting one this one. What makes people think that staying to the end of what was an embarrassing, gutless and completely toothless performance demonstrates a loyalty that the players on the pitch will somehow appreciate and that walking out leaves people with a sense of guilt that they somehow let the players down "when they need it most"?? I didn't hear much in the way of encouragement from the stands after the third went in.

If you get terrible food in a restaurant you send it back. If you watch a film and it's rubbish you turn it off. Who cares. If I'm honest I've never understood the mentality of clapping the team off when they've been hammered, again, and have shown very little ambition to reward the people who've paid money they can't afford to spend to watch them. What are people applauding?? I personally want to get out of the stadium and back in the pub as soon as possible. Does that mean I'm not loyal? No. Does that mean I won't go again?...No. Does it mean I don't have that endless hope that next time will be better?...No.

Too many fans think the players care and that they'll be mortally wounded should they see the stands emptying after what was another public humiliation. They don't. They'll have a shower, get into their Audi Q7's and go home to check their bank balance and have a good nights sleep.

When all hope is lost, get the f**k out of there, down the Crown and Scepter and order a weeping Tiger steak

i reckon different people feel differently about staying or not staying, and that's fine.

I always stay to the end, no matter what. 2-0 down with 9 mins left v Liverpool. I saw that comeback that was less on the cards than last night, but it happened. That's why I stay. Worth 1000 'last 5 minutes' for that one unexpected comeback.

Doesn't mean you're not loyal to leave early, but equally, if people feel like it makes them loyal to stay, that's fine too. A lot of fans say things like 'no one tried', but I'd disagree with that 999 times out of 1000, maybe more. It was poor last night, but I didn't notice a lack of effort. You might be right about some players, but I know plenty of footballers and ex-footballers and the idea that as a group they don't care or it doesn't bother them if they lose is just childish rubbish I'm afraid. You might get the very odd one like that, but it's doubtful many professionals get to play at any level by not caring.

Bare bones.

First time... on 15:16 - Dec 30 with 2470 viewsLowerloftLad

Me and my dad left on 80mins just like we did vs burnley was a fair few in R block also heading for the exit.First thing I said to my dad was I'm not bothering with the Sheffield game add that to the fact it's another poxy kick off time and on sky.

I can see Sheffield beating us by 3 or 4.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 15:17]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

First time... on 15:31 - Dec 30 with 2408 viewscolinallcars

And yet……if you go back to posts over the last months, you will see praise being showered on most of the team - Dieng, Laird, Paal, Dunne, Chair, Willock, Albert, Tim and further back, Dickie and Amos and JoJo.
These are not poor players. I'm sure they could be grasped by the scruff of their necks and be the nucleus of a bloody good team.
First time... on 15:33 - Dec 30 with 2404 viewsDTIG

First time... on 15:14 - Dec 30 by Antti_Heinola

i reckon different people feel differently about staying or not staying, and that's fine.

I always stay to the end, no matter what. 2-0 down with 9 mins left v Liverpool. I saw that comeback that was less on the cards than last night, but it happened. That's why I stay. Worth 1000 'last 5 minutes' for that one unexpected comeback.

Doesn't mean you're not loyal to leave early, but equally, if people feel like it makes them loyal to stay, that's fine too. A lot of fans say things like 'no one tried', but I'd disagree with that 999 times out of 1000, maybe more. It was poor last night, but I didn't notice a lack of effort. You might be right about some players, but I know plenty of footballers and ex-footballers and the idea that as a group they don't care or it doesn't bother them if they lose is just childish rubbish I'm afraid. You might get the very odd one like that, but it's doubtful many professionals get to play at any level by not caring.

To be clear….I don’t mean the players don’t care about losing….I just mean they don’t care whether everyone stays until the end or not.

I’m not criticising anyone, as you said people see things differently. I’m just admitting that I don’t understand the mentality of staying to the end of a hopeless situation, which after the third went in it was.
First time... on 16:03 - Dec 30 with 2337 viewsactonman

I am also doubting my attendance after the last few games ! If it were a saturday 3 o’clock then I wouldn’t even question it , it’s just what we do regardless . Few beers , train , few beers , football , few beers then snoozing on the sofa with Sunday to chill out , but bank holiday 8 o’clock kick off with work the next day and us in our current slump on top of train fares and giving up effectively the whole day to watch us banging our heads against the same wall ? Not sure today , might be up for it come Monday ?
First time... on 16:18 - Dec 30 with 2252 viewspaulparker

First time... on 12:51 - Dec 30 by NorthantsHoop

The Burnley and last night's games were soul destroying. Me and mate who travel from Northampton by car for mid week games are both season ticket holders planned before kick off to do normal travel down for Monday's match, he text me after match to say he could not face it and I agree, I can get the train or drive myself, but the thought of watching Sheffield Utd ripping us to pieces, which they did last home game of last season and getting an even later train back from Euston is too much to take at the moment.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 12:54]

I’m Northampton based to and everytime ive been this season it’s been a ball ache with the trains
With the Wigan game I didn’t get in until 10.30 having left HQ at 5
Last night I had to get 20 miles down the road to Milton Keynes as no trains our way , both there and back my train was delayed , the only highlights of yesterday was meeting mates and standing in the lower loft , the rest was terrible
The way the team are playing and the way the transport system in this country crumbles the less appealing it is , good luck to everyone who continues to go but this season is another right off, stay in and save your money is my advice

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

First time... on 17:01 - Dec 30 with 2162 viewsdenhamhoop2

First time... on 13:19 - Dec 30 by daveB

Which players do you think didn't try?
Difficult to tell watching on TV but effort didn't seem to be the problem

Hmm they might be comparing our players effort to Luton players efforts as every second ball was theirs last night. Would say that Chair Iroguebanum Roberts and Shodipo all seemed quite shocked by how physical Luton were which is a tad concerning as 3 of them have played for over 4 seasons in this Division
First time... on 17:08 - Dec 30 with 2141 viewskingsburyR

Not a chance in hell I'm going on Tuesday night.

Buying a season ticket is a commitment but it works both ways.

The whole experience was utter shite yesterday.

I've given up on the blue and white bar as the service is shite.

Trying to get food and a beer before the game on the upper loft concourse was a joke, the lads behind the jump have no idea what they are doing and the quality of the food is crap. Non deliberate queue jumping.

That team set up was a joke. I'm sorry but Shodipo is terrible. Cannot beat a man. Cannot beat the first man on a cross. Has no idea where to put himself when the full back is attacking.

Substitutions. What's that about? We are 2 nil down and clueless yet he wait past the 60 min mark to make a change. Then takes Chair off (please say he had a niggle)

First time ever (going for 35 years) that when a goal went in not one of us said a word to each other but all stood up and went for the exit.

A thoroughly miserable experience. And against that shower!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

First time... on 17:51 - Dec 30 with 2101 viewsManinBlack

I gave up going years ago as it was too much hassle and costly to watch how poor we have been since the end of the previous century apart from three seasons which stood out. More often than not when I foolishly watch us live on Sky we never seem to play our best stuff. When we have played well it has been when the live cameras were absent.

I won't be watching us lose to Sheffield Utd. Even if it was a game we might win I would not watch the second half if we are kicking towards the Loft as we won't score. I keep saying everyone should go home or to the pub at half time as we play the second half at home as though there is a force field in the Loft end. This is the worst Rangers team I have ever seen in terms of scoring in front of the home fans.
First time... on 15:25 - Dec 31 with 1814 viewslosethedrum

There are no trains back to Norfolk after the game but i will make my way to Loftus Road one way or another , hope to get home 1 -1.30 am .
This is a whole new game & whilst the blades are favourites anything can happen on the night .
As Ian Holloway once said " Never give up never effing give up " !
After the last ball is kicked this campaign & the season is done then ok , it most certainly is not all over & done when we are only 1 point off the play offs with 21 games to go but each to their own of course.
First time... on 15:58 - Dec 31 with 1758 viewsDixie_CT

I stay to the end every time. I always say how often are you going to be at Loftus Road? made the effort to go, may as well see it out, one day it won’t be an option.

It’s inane, illogical, and a waste of life, but just being at QPR is cathartic for me, in what has been a very troubled and traumatic life.
First time... on 16:24 - Dec 31 with 1703 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I'll be there Monday, but I'm dreading it. Been going since 1988 (with a break, bizarrely when we got back to the Premier), and the last 2 home games I've left early, never done it before.
I can take losing, but at least look like you're interested. They have been a shambles, both defensively and attack, and I felt no guilt about leaving after watching that dross.
First time... on 17:27 - Dec 31 with 1614 viewsstowmarketrange

First time... on 15:25 - Dec 31 by losethedrum

There are no trains back to Norfolk after the game but i will make my way to Loftus Road one way or another , hope to get home 1 -1.30 am .
This is a whole new game & whilst the blades are favourites anything can happen on the night .
After the last ball is kicked this campaign & the season is done then ok , it most certainly is not all over & done when we are only 1 point off the play offs with 21 games to go but each to their own of course.

It’s the same for me back to stowmarket.A coach from Newbury Park to ingastone that turns a 90 minute journey into a 2 1/2 hour one each way.I’m not sure yet if I will bother.
First time... on 17:31 - Dec 31 with 1605 viewsQPRSteve

Just tuned into NOW TV for tonight's game. They have a link called the Premier League Returns. It features three players from Man. City, Arsenal and .............. QPR!. They must know something we don't. We are going up!

You heard it here first.
First time... on 10:37 - Jan 1 with 1464 viewsthame_hoops

First time... on 17:31 - Dec 31 by QPRSteve

Just tuned into NOW TV for tonight's game. They have a link called the Premier League Returns. It features three players from Man. City, Arsenal and .............. QPR!. They must know something we don't. We are going up!

You heard it here first.

I noticed that… Harland, an arsenal lady and willock
First time... on 14:05 - Jan 1 with 1298 viewsstowmarketrange

First time... on 15:25 - Dec 31 by losethedrum

I’ve just seen that I can get a return from Ely into Kings Cross for a reasonable price.The train continues to Kings Lynn if that is any easier for you mate.
First time... on 14:14 - Jan 1 with 1284 viewsPinnerPaul

First time... on 17:08 - Dec 30 by kingsburyR

Not a chance in hell I'm going on Tuesday night.

Buying a season ticket is a commitment but it works both ways.

The whole experience was utter shite yesterday.

I've given up on the blue and white bar as the service is shite.

Trying to get food and a beer before the game on the upper loft concourse was a joke, the lads behind the jump have no idea what they are doing and the quality of the food is crap. Non deliberate queue jumping.

That team set up was a joke. I'm sorry but Shodipo is terrible. Cannot beat a man. Cannot beat the first man on a cross. Has no idea where to put himself when the full back is attacking.

Substitutions. What's that about? We are 2 nil down and clueless yet he wait past the 60 min mark to make a change. Then takes Chair off (please say he had a niggle)

First time ever (going for 35 years) that when a goal went in not one of us said a word to each other but all stood up and went for the exit.

A thoroughly miserable experience. And against that shower!

You won't be alone, we're playing Monday night!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024