Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waterlogged Pitch 09:44 - Sep 24 with 802 viewsSaintNick

Yesterday and this morning have seen a lot of rain fall, could put the game in danger of being called off

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Waterlogged Pitch on 09:49 - Sep 24 with 781 viewsNumber_58

The pitch will probably be ok, not so sure about the Victorian toilets in the away end. I'd take your wellies.

Waterlogged Pitch on 09:50 - Sep 24 with 778 viewsRon11

Didn't you know it doesn't rain in Pompey, it's a cultural desert.

Waterlogged Pitch on 10:03 - Sep 24 with 758 viewsericofarabia

You'd like to think that their pitch should be able to cope with the rain ... its not as if its been aining nonsto for weeks, although is does have the disadvantage of being a stinking cesspit at the best of times!!

What does worry me is the forecast of 20kt winds with the wet pitch and more rain during the game. Anybody who was at Burnley and saw how we coped with those conditions wil be having similar nightmares I reckon!!

Waterlogged Pitch on 10:06 - Sep 24 with 747 viewsTheMoog

I recall a game down there getting abandoned a few years ago after the players' tunnel was flooded. I doubt they've spent anything on improving the drainage since then.

Standby to standby

Waterlogged Pitch on 10:17 - Sep 24 with 721 viewsericofarabia

Waterlogged Pitch on 10:06 - Sep 24 by TheMoog

I recall a game down there getting abandoned a few years ago after the players' tunnel was flooded. I doubt they've spent anything on improving the drainage since then.

Wasnt that something to do with the guttering (or lack off) on top of the stands, and all the rain cascaded down onto the pitch like a waterfall?
Waterlogged Pitch on 10:19 - Sep 24 with 718 viewsTheMoog

Waterlogged Pitch on 10:17 - Sep 24 by ericofarabia

Wasnt that something to do with the guttering (or lack off) on top of the stands, and all the rain cascaded down onto the pitch like a waterfall?

Quite possibly. Either way it’s shocking a modern professional club cannot cope with a bit of rain.

Standby to standby

Waterlogged Pitch on 10:25 - Sep 24 with 707 viewsericofarabia

Waterlogged Pitch on 10:19 - Sep 24 by TheMoog

Quite possibly. Either way it’s shocking a modern professional club cannot cope with a bit of rain.

The use of Modern and Professional, and even football club do not apply to them though!!

Waterlogged Pitch on 10:56 - Sep 24 with 663 viewsPolygoner

I am worried as they will be used to playing on cr@ppy wet pitches, whereas we are probably not so much, so will make things a bit more even.
Nerves / excitement kicking in already

Representin the Polygon Yoof cause we ain't all students ya know.

Login to get fewer ads

Waterlogged Pitch on 11:21 - Sep 24 with 619 viewsSpartansreturn

You have to laugh don't you

Waterlogged Pitch on 13:07 - Sep 24 with 485 viewsMushty

Lovely out there at the mo, don't know what all the fuss is about. Some rain this afty but we're only a few weeks into the season so pitch should hold up. Nice slick surface to ping the ball around, just watch out for reckless third division tackles.

Then again, their pitch was just some farmers field they stuck a few sheds around. True story.
Waterlogged Pitch on 13:09 - Sep 24 with 478 views1885_SFC

Waterlogged Pitch on 13:07 - Sep 24 by Mushty

Lovely out there at the mo, don't know what all the fuss is about. Some rain this afty but we're only a few weeks into the season so pitch should hold up. Nice slick surface to ping the ball around, just watch out for reckless third division tackles.

Then again, their pitch was just some farmers field they stuck a few sheds around. True story.

Nothing's changed then...

Love life. Love music.

Waterlogged Pitch on 16:22 - Sep 24 with 335 viewscocklebreath

Big lump of rain heading straight for Portsmouth, prob just in time for kickoff, nothing to cause postponement but it might get a bit cut up during the game

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019