Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa leaving 16:49 - Jan 23 with 45790 viewsswanskid95

According to multiple Spanish journalists , he's agreed contract talks with Sevilla, shame to see him go if true.
Roque Mesa leaving on 18:12 - Jan 28 with 4338 viewsMagic_Michu

Britton built a career doing that effectively and we love him for it.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:15 - Jan 28 with 4320 viewsbluenile

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:02 - Jan 28 by airedale

Better bet than Charles Manson. I’v heard he can be murder round the place.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:15 - Jan 28 with 4320 viewslonglostjack

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:59 - Jan 28 by Private_Partz

In a side that has been playing very poorly all season with little meovement up front. Even if he was as poor as you say, and the club signing him don't seem to think so, surely it is better to have him as an option on the bench.
The Watford local press are saying they are favourites to sign Alfie Mawson. What do you think of that one?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 18:21]

We could sell him and in the next window try to persuade him to come back by tripling his wages.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:16 - Jan 28 with 4308 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa leaving on 17:59 - Jan 28 by Private_Partz

In a side that has been playing very poorly all season with little meovement up front. Even if he was as poor as you say, and the club signing him don't seem to think so, surely it is better to have him as an option on the bench.
The Watford local press are saying they are favourites to sign Alfie Mawson. What do you think of that one?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 18:21]

We’d never sell Mawson to Watford, relegation rival now. Not even Huw is that thick.
Roque Mesa leaving on 18:23 - Jan 28 with 4277 viewsPrivate_Partz

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:02 - Jan 28 by airedale

Better bet than Charles Manson. I’v heard he can be murder round the place.

Thanks for pointing out my error. I can explain it in one word.
B@starding bloody bollocking IPad predictive text ;-))

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:25 - Jan 28 with 4264 viewsPrivate_Partz

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:16 - Jan 28 by 34dfgdf54

We’d never sell Mawson to Watford, relegation rival now. Not even Huw is that thick.

Indeed whatever is the Hertfordshire Bugle thinking of.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Roque Mesa leaving on 19:02 - Jan 28 with 4164 viewsjasper_T

Can't see Mesa getting many games over Banega or Nzonzi.
Roque Mesa leaving on 19:05 - Jan 28 with 4139 viewsSwanjaxs

Well he was stupid enough not to sell Ki to Stoke and buy Joey so who knows.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa leaving on 19:09 - Jan 28 with 4117 viewsharryhpalmer

This is him arriving in Seville this afternoon apparently!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Roque Mesa leaving on 19:15 - Jan 28 with 4092 viewsairedale

Roque Mesa leaving on 19:09 - Jan 28 by harryhpalmer

I wonder what ATM means in Dago?
Roque Mesa leaving on 19:33 - Jan 28 with 4066 viewsjack247

Jonjo Shelvey may beg to differ.

I agree with you though, I think Mawson is here until the summer.
Roque Mesa leaving on 19:48 - Jan 28 with 4033 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa leaving on 19:09 - Jan 28 by harryhpalmer

I'm disappointed to see him leave, I think he's a talented player, but I think the timing was wrong for him, notsure he's what we needed for the dogfight we're in, rumours surrounding his off field behaviour hasn't helped either, the club obviously know more about that than us though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa leaving on 20:43 - Jan 28 with 3952 viewsLandore_Jack

Roque Mesa leaving on 19:48 - Jan 28 by max936

I'm disappointed to see him leave, I think he's a talented player, but I think the timing was wrong for him, notsure he's what we needed for the dogfight we're in, rumours surrounding his off field behaviour hasn't helped either, the club obviously know more about that than us though.

There must more to the story than we know. Another signing down the toilet. How much money have we wasted on transfers?

#backtojack

Roque Mesa leaving on 20:50 - Jan 28 with 3908 viewsJackSkellington

Roque Mesa leaving on 19:02 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

Can't see Mesa getting many games over Banega or Nzonzi.

I always thought we should have signed Nzonzi, simply for the rhyming opportunities.
N/A. on 01:00 - Jan 29 with 3714 viewsHuw57

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:12 - Jan 28 by Magic_Michu

Britton built a career doing that effectively and we love him for it.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:49]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Roque Mesa leaving on 05:57 - Jan 29 with 3604 viewsPawelAbbott

N/A. on 01:00 - Jan 29 by Huw57

N/A.

Under Rodgers there was meant to be a 6 point recruitment process where due diligence was done in every player before signing them to ensure that they would be a good team fit.
Now we just use the transfer tombola.
Pop a few names in, give it a spin then spend the whole transfer window chasing that player
Roque Mesa leaving on 21:35 - Jan 29 with 3342 viewsNirvana

Mesa passed his medical today:

http://app.football-espana.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-espana.net%2

Mesa leaving on loan with us at the bottom of the table makes no ffukkingg sense. He is our best midfielder by far, end of.

Throw in he's going to play CL football and we'll likely be paying part of his wages, and it's clear Jenkins hasn't got a ffukkingg clue as to what he's doing.

Looks to be a permanent move, as well, according to Marca:

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2018/01/27/5a6c805c468aeb262f8

"Once Swansea and Sevilla have finalised the details of a fee, the deal will be confirmed with it set to initially take the form of a loan agreement until the end of the season with an obligation to buy in the summer."
Roque Mesa leaving on 22:33 - Jan 29 with 3268 viewsnantywatcher

Roque Mesa leaving on 21:35 - Jan 29 by Nirvana

Mesa passed his medical today:

http://app.football-espana.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-espana.net%2

Mesa leaving on loan with us at the bottom of the table makes no ffukkingg sense. He is our best midfielder by far, end of.

Throw in he's going to play CL football and we'll likely be paying part of his wages, and it's clear Jenkins hasn't got a ffukkingg clue as to what he's doing.

Looks to be a permanent move, as well, according to Marca:

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2018/01/27/5a6c805c468aeb262f8

"Once Swansea and Sevilla have finalised the details of a fee, the deal will be confirmed with it set to initially take the form of a loan agreement until the end of the season with an obligation to buy in the summer."

"He is our best midfielder by far, end of"
Wins the prize for most moronic statement of the year so far.
Well done Nirvana.
Roque Mesa leaving on 22:48 - Jan 29 with 3237 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa leaving on 22:33 - Jan 29 by nantywatcher

"He is our best midfielder by far, end of"
Wins the prize for most moronic statement of the year so far.
Well done Nirvana.

I've seen you repeat that line several times, Nanty, it's like your calling card.

Your track record with talent is pretty sshitt, so I'm glad you don't find Mesa to be quality. On the other hand, I've been spot on with every player we've brought in.

Fair play, I do agree with you about Bony, so you got that one right.
Roque Mesa leaving on 22:54 - Jan 29 with 3206 viewsshenleymun

Mesa is, regrettably, garbage. Gives the ball away, little vision, and always too far away to help the defence, which is a drawback in a DM. If Sevilla want him, its Adios Roque from me.
Roque Mesa leaving on 22:57 - Jan 29 with 3194 viewsjasper_T

I dunno he was probably 2nd or 3rd best midfielder. Not particularly awful, not especially good.
Roque Mesa leaving on 23:04 - Jan 29 with 3168 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa leaving on 22:57 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

I dunno he was probably 2nd or 3rd best midfielder. Not particularly awful, not especially good.

Anyone that watches Spanish football, as I do, knows Mesa's quality.

Sevilla is in the CL and won 3 straight EL titles, have one of the best scouting setups in the world, and have wanted him for years.

It's pretty clear the problem was us, not him.
N/A. on 00:18 - Jan 30 with 3113 viewsHuw57

Roque Mesa leaving on 23:04 - Jan 29 by Nirvana

Sevilla is in the CL and won 3 straight EL titles, have one of the best scouting setups in the world, and have wanted him for years.

N/A.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Roque Mesa leaving on 04:05 - Jan 30 with 3061 viewsLeonWasGod

Roque Mesa leaving on 20:43 - Jan 28 by Landore_Jack

There must more to the story than we know. Another signing down the toilet. How much money have we wasted on transfers?

Most of it. Can't think of a single success story so far from this season's transfers. Ayew last season is the last one that wasn't a disappointment. Carroll and now Olsson are underwhelming. It's piss poor recruitment, shocking stuff.
Roque Mesa leaving on 07:10 - Jan 30 with 3015 viewsMoscowJack

Roque Mesa leaving on 23:04 - Jan 29 by Nirvana

Maybe, but then the problem might not be just us but all PL clubs.

When I saw him spraying passes around in his first game I thought we'd got it right. I was excited, as many were, but I noticed a few things that I didn't want to. I sort of ignored them, because I wanted to ignore them.

The most obvious was getting caught on the ball, quite a few times, and almost getting caught a few more. I put it down to needing a few weeks or even months to adapt. The other thing was his total unawareness of danger - he would step out of lines, leave huge gaps and then sprint back (arms flapping) to try to recover, but the PL often doesn't give you time to do that.

He might be very different in a team that's generally on the front foot (like Seville) but he hasn't been disciplined enough or intelligent enough for us. I don't know whether he drinks too much or has fitness issues, but the points I've made are enough for me to be satisfied to see him leave IF it helps bring in enough money to make the starting XI stronger.

Potentially he is/was a wonderful player, but there wasn't something right with him.....maybe between his ears. Reminds me much of Canas actually.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024