Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa leaving 16:49 - Jan 23 with 45821 viewsswanskid95

According to multiple Spanish journalists , he's agreed contract talks with Sevilla, shame to see him go if true.
Roque Mesa leaving on 07:29 - Jan 30 with 4068 viewsmarchamjack

Roque Mesa leaving on 07:10 - Jan 30 by MoscowJack

Maybe, but then the problem might not be just us but all PL clubs.

When I saw him spraying passes around in his first game I thought we'd got it right. I was excited, as many were, but I noticed a few things that I didn't want to. I sort of ignored them, because I wanted to ignore them.

The most obvious was getting caught on the ball, quite a few times, and almost getting caught a few more. I put it down to needing a few weeks or even months to adapt. The other thing was his total unawareness of danger - he would step out of lines, leave huge gaps and then sprint back (arms flapping) to try to recover, but the PL often doesn't give you time to do that.

He might be very different in a team that's generally on the front foot (like Seville) but he hasn't been disciplined enough or intelligent enough for us. I don't know whether he drinks too much or has fitness issues, but the points I've made are enough for me to be satisfied to see him leave IF it helps bring in enough money to make the starting XI stronger.

Potentially he is/was a wonderful player, but there wasn't something right with him.....maybe between his ears. Reminds me much of Canas actually.

Thats a good comparison to Canas and i wanted to like Canas amd to ignore his shortcomings. But Canas really wasnt that good/as I wanted him to be, proved by he disappeared back in Spain.

I still have that feeling Mesa may do well back in Spain, but we just wrtent a fit for whatever reason. It happens.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Roque Mesa leaving on 07:38 - Jan 30 with 4049 viewsZZoric

When I saw him spraying passes around in his first game I thought we'd got it right. I was excited, as many were, but I noticed a few things that I didn't want to. I sort of ignored them, because I wanted to ignore them.

The most obvious was getting caught on the ball, quite a few times, and almost getting caught a few more. I put it down to needing a few weeks or even months to adapt. The other thing was his total unawareness of danger - he would step out of lines, leave huge gaps and then sprint back (arms flapping) to try to recover, but the PL often doesn't give you time to do that.

He might be very different in a team that's generally on the front foot (like Seville) but he hasn't been disciplined enough or intelligent enough for us. I don't know whether he drinks too much or has fitness issues, but the points I've made are enough for me to be satisfied to see him leave IF it helps bring in enough money to make the starting XI stronger.

Potentially he is/was a wonderful player, but there wasn't something right with him.....maybe between his ears. Reminds me much of Canas actually.

post of the day - quite how some (in fact the majority) are still unable to see this says a lot

- the Mesa-the-Messiah brigade are unable to see the game through a CM lens - much like Mesa
Roque Mesa leaving on 07:43 - Jan 30 with 4034 views34dfgdf54

I'm not sure how loaning him out would bring in any money to strenghthen the starting eleven? Unless you mean if he is sold in the summer, for what will no doubt be a big loss.

We are still paying a chunk of his wages so I can't see it freeing up much at all. Makes no sense, I think he's put the pressure on that he wanted to go. He mentioned as much in an interview a month or so back.
Roque Mesa leaving on 08:47 - Jan 30 with 3986 viewsWarwickHunt

He wasn't helped by the rest of the midfield that lacked movement and anticipation around him. I'm sure he'd have flourished in a Rodgers/Laudrup team.

Great business though - we buy a player for £11m, don't play him and then subsidise his move to a CL team while we're bottom with the worst midfield in the PL.

That takes a special kind of genius - the same one who wants to spunk £18m getting back a player we sold for £20m who is now deemed surplus to requirements at West Ham.

Answers on a postcard...
Roque Mesa leaving on 10:25 - Jan 30 with 3893 viewsZZoric

Roque Mesa leaving on 08:47 - Jan 30 by WarwickHunt

He wasn't helped by the rest of the midfield that lacked movement and anticipation around him. I'm sure he'd have flourished in a Rodgers/Laudrup team.

Great business though - we buy a player for £11m, don't play him and then subsidise his move to a CL team while we're bottom with the worst midfield in the PL.

That takes a special kind of genius - the same one who wants to spunk £18m getting back a player we sold for £20m who is now deemed surplus to requirements at West Ham.

Answers on a postcard...

he had Leon around him - one of the very best at anticipation and movement

he had makelele around him .........

he failed with that uber level of expertise around to coach and inculcate the brand - he failed miserably at a staggering £11m - they should do some basic due diligence
Roque Mesa leaving on 10:36 - Jan 30 with 3868 viewsmagicdaps10

Roque Mesa leaving on 08:47 - Jan 30 by WarwickHunt

Answers on a postcard...

When you read that, it really does make you see how much of a basket case of a club we have become.

Not good enough for us but good enough for CL football.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:49 - Jan 30 with 3860 viewsWarwickHunt

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:25 - Jan 30 by ZZoric

he had Leon around him - one of the very best at anticipation and movement

he had makelele around him .........

he failed with that uber level of expertise around to coach and inculcate the brand - he failed miserably at a staggering £11m - they should do some basic due diligence

Ah yes - remind me in which game our midfield consisted of Roque, Claude and Leon...

You fûcking aching simpleton.
Roque Mesa leaving on 11:04 - Jan 30 with 3819 viewstheloneranger

FFS ......Another fine example of Jenkins negotiating skills...!!

Taken from today Marka news

"They’re getting the player on loan until the end of the season, and Marca say there’s a €10m buying option."

"That option is completely on Sevilla’s side, the only commitment is Swansea can’t get more than €10m, and the Spanish club will try every trick in the book to get the amount down, it’s what their track record makes clear."

"There’s no word as yet on a loan fee, which suggests there may not be one, and nothing on whether Swansea City are continuing to pay a percentage of the midfielder’s wages. "

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa leaving on 11:04 - Jan 30 with 3815 viewsZZoric

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:49 - Jan 30 by WarwickHunt

Ah yes - remind me in which game our midfield consisted of Roque, Claude and Leon...

You fûcking aching simpleton.

thought u were of ex-schoolboy heritage ?

less of the verbal abuse hey - thought u were better than that
Roque Mesa leaving on 11:39 - Jan 30 with 3735 viewsWarwickHunt

Roque Mesa leaving on 11:04 - Jan 30 by ZZoric

thought u were of ex-schoolboy heritage ?

less of the verbal abuse hey - thought u were better than that

Apologies then...

It was clear what I was saying though - most of the other midfield players he's played with were either half asleep or hiding. No amount of coaching/mentoring will remedy that.

There's a very good player in there somewhere, just a shame we couldn't utilise him. I suspect off field behaviour may well be a factor as well though.

Some of the stick he had on here was way over the top.
Roque Mesa leaving on 12:21 - Jan 30 with 3651 viewsBobbyBacala

Roque Mesa leaving on 11:39 - Jan 30 by WarwickHunt

Apologies then...

It was clear what I was saying though - most of the other midfield players he's played with were either half asleep or hiding. No amount of coaching/mentoring will remedy that.

There's a very good player in there somewhere, just a shame we couldn't utilise him. I suspect off field behaviour may well be a factor as well though.

Also, Zoric was making a rather large assumption that Britton and Makelele are good coaches who could pass on to teach Mesa. I'm not saying they aren't but really, we have no idea how good they are/were. (On the point about coaching, over the past 3/4 years, how many players have we signed that have actually improved in their time with us?).

I thought Mesa was OK - he made some glaring mistakes and didn't look worth the £11m we paid, but there's clearly a decent player in there who was taking a while to acclimatise to a different league. In our current state, we couldn't give him time to settle in, and in fairness, couldn't afford some of the mistakes he was making. That Sevilla want him is a sign of his quality - and I don't buy the argument you read on here sometimes that the Spanish league is 'easier' or inferior to the Premier League - just different styles.
Roque Mesa leaving on 12:41 - Jan 30 with 3610 viewsWhiterockin

Roque Mesa leaving on 12:21 - Jan 30 by BobbyBacala

Also, Zoric was making a rather large assumption that Britton and Makelele are good coaches who could pass on to teach Mesa. I'm not saying they aren't but really, we have no idea how good they are/were. (On the point about coaching, over the past 3/4 years, how many players have we signed that have actually improved in their time with us?).

I thought Mesa was OK - he made some glaring mistakes and didn't look worth the £11m we paid, but there's clearly a decent player in there who was taking a while to acclimatise to a different league. In our current state, we couldn't give him time to settle in, and in fairness, couldn't afford some of the mistakes he was making. That Sevilla want him is a sign of his quality - and I don't buy the argument you read on here sometimes that the Spanish league is 'easier' or inferior to the Premier League - just different styles.

The pace in the Premier League is faster than is Spain and this was where Mesa was getting caught out. He was often left in no man's land and needed to commit silly fouls to try to rescue the situation. He will do much better is Spain where the pace is slower and he will have more time to play his natural game.
Roque Mesa leaving on 13:40 - Jan 30 with 3533 viewsnantywatcher

Roque Mesa leaving on 22:48 - Jan 29 by Nirvana

I've seen you repeat that line several times, Nanty, it's like your calling card.

Your track record with talent is pretty sshitt, so I'm glad you don't find Mesa to be quality. On the other hand, I've been spot on with every player we've brought in.

Fair play, I do agree with you about Bony, so you got that one right.

In the 3/4 years I've been on this Forum I have hardly ever criticised one of our players. It's the thing I hate about this site is the abuse thrown at our own. Mesa will not ever be a player suitable to play in the English leagues; his performances in Spain might have been very good, but the leagues are worlds apart in style. I have never been a great Bony fan, like Mesa I would love him to shine, but as time passes its looking less and less likely. I apologise for being overly rude in my initial reponse to the Mesa is best post.
Roque Mesa leaving on 14:22 - Jan 30 with 3465 viewsZZoric

Roque Mesa leaving on 11:39 - Jan 30 by WarwickHunt

Apologies then...

accepted - the point i was making was over and above the on-field support - in training the experts see a heck of a lot more than us, day in day out

they see his lack of positional sense, his slowness to act (he shld be proactive not uber reactive), and most importantly his slowness of thought

he simply couldnt and didnt cut it - lacked the tools - despite us all wanting him to at the outset - Moscow hit the nail on the head
Roque Mesa leaving on 14:38 - Jan 30 with 3424 viewsLeonWasGod

Nice post, seems on the button to me
Roque Mesa leaving on 15:09 - Jan 30 with 3373 viewsandypitt56

Roque Mesa leaving on 14:38 - Jan 30 by LeonWasGod

Nice post, seems on the button to me

Its official hes gone, I liked him when he played, made some mistakes but was one of the few players that actually looked like he cared..
Roque Mesa leaving on 15:13 - Jan 30 with 3355 viewsWhiterockin

Roque Mesa leaving on 15:09 - Jan 30 by andypitt56

Its official hes gone, I liked him when he played, made some mistakes but was one of the few players that actually looked like he cared..

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/roque-mesa-makes-sevilla-loan-move
Roque Mesa leaving on 15:14 - Jan 30 with 3343 viewsLandore_Jack

Another recent signing down the toilet.

#backtojack

Roque Mesa leaving on 15:30 - Jan 30 with 3298 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Roque Mesa leaving on 15:13 - Jan 30 by Whiterockin

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/roque-mesa-makes-sevilla-loan-move

Sheer bl@@dy stupidity.
Roque Mesa leaving on 15:33 - Jan 30 with 3283 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We really have shed some players since the Yanks took over, unfortunately most of then only on loan.
They must be thinking of recalling them all when we get relegated because Jenkins hasn't bought in any better players this window.
Roque Mesa leaving on 15:39 - Jan 30 with 3261 viewsOldjack

ffs Another General gone ,Get rid of Ki now at this crucial time plus nowt of note coming in and we deserve to go down with flying colours

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Roque Mesa leaving on 19:24 - Jan 30 with 3096 viewsLegend83

Check out @RoqueM26’s Tweet:
Roque Mesa leaving on 15:26 - Feb 1 with 2908 viewsLandore_Jack

Carlos confirmed in his press conference that Mesa and his family couldn't settle here. He asked to go to Seville.

#backtojack

Roque Mesa leaving on 18:25 - Feb 2 with 2736 viewstrampie

Mesa was awful for the Swans, its good for both parties he has gone back to Spain.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Roque Mesa leaving on 20:26 - Mar 24 with 2491 viewsMedici

The bloke is a fraud.

Those that fell for his crude impersonation should be suitably embarrassed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024