Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa leaving 16:49 - Jan 23 with 46064 viewsswanskid95

According to multiple Spanish journalists , he's agreed contract talks with Sevilla, shame to see him go if true.
Roque Mesa leaving on 20:37 - Mar 24 with 5371 viewsairedale

Roque Mesa leaving on 20:26 - Mar 24 by Medici

The bloke is a fraud.

Those that fell for his crude impersonation should be suitably embarrassed.

Where’s he hidden the real Roque Mesa do you reckon?
Roque Mesa leaving on 20:54 - Mar 24 with 5314 viewsMedici

Roque Mesa leaving on 20:37 - Mar 24 by airedale

Where’s he hidden the real Roque Mesa do you reckon?

He needs to please stand up
Roque Mesa leaving on 21:29 - Mar 24 with 5261 viewsLoyal

Roque Mesa leaving on 20:26 - Mar 24 by Medici

The bloke is a fraud.

Those that fell for his crude impersonation should be suitably embarrassed.

Based on his lack of football at Seville he will be back or go for a few quid back to Levante.
Fcking annoying.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Roque Mesa leaving on 00:08 - Mar 26 with 4907 viewsMedici

This, says it all. The Mesa apologists, hang your heads. Your credibility, well.

Only a handful of (insightful) PS posters called it.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-outcast-
Roque Mesa leaving on 09:39 - Mar 26 with 4749 viewsDafyddHuw

Our recruitment policy is shocking.
Roque Mesa leaving on 14:00 - Mar 28 with 4495 viewstrampie

As I said after a few of Mesa's games that unfortunately he was the worst player [p4p taking different standards of players in different divisions into consideration] I have seen in a Swansea shirt.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Roque Mesa leaving on 14:18 - Mar 28 with 4470 viewsLeonWasGod

Roque Mesa leaving on 21:29 - Mar 24 by Loyal

Based on his lack of football at Seville he will be back or go for a few quid back to Levante.
Fcking annoying.

Yep, can't see us being able to offload him easily without taking a massive financial hit. Waste of a signing sadly.
Roque Mesa leaving on 17:00 - Mar 28 with 4385 viewsPrivate_Partz

Roque Mesa leaving on 00:08 - Mar 26 by Medici

This, says it all. The Mesa apologists, hang your heads. Your credibility, well.

Only a handful of (insightful) PS posters called it.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-outcast-

I liked him. i think you take all this opinion thing a bit seriously ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa leaving on 21:02 - Mar 28 with 4287 viewsMedici

Roque Mesa leaving on 10:15 - Jan 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He is one of the most over rated players we have had in this league, even more so when you consider the fee we paid.

He takes up one of the midfield positions yet constantly offers little protection to the defence after he's gone diving in for the ball on the halfway line and is lest comically sprinting back trying to catch up whilst they run freely at our defence.

I feel many over rate him simply because he does what many want to see, except at a very low standard. He runs a lot, he passes sideways a lot and he does the usual kissing the badge/ showing he cares theatrics, enough to fool.

I am sure he favours well in the Spanish league, but he clearly was not capable of replicating that in the top tier of English football.

This.

Opinions hey. Bizarre how so many failed to see
Roque Mesa leaving on 21:29 - Mar 28 with 4249 viewsPrivate_Partz

Roque Mesa leaving on 21:02 - Mar 28 by Medici

This.

I think you insightful few all deserve a badge. Well done ,-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Roque Mesa leaving on 06:35 - Mar 29 with 4160 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa leaving on 21:02 - Mar 28 by Medici

This.

It's easy to say you backed the right horse at the end of the race. Or , like the Red back all of them and then change your story to fit the end result......

So where were you when we all needed your expert advice and obvious clairvoyance skills ? You are Derek Acorah and I claim my five pounds..

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Roque Mesa leaving on 07:30 - Mar 29 with 4139 viewsclloy2

Roque Mesa leaving on 09:39 - Mar 26 by DafyddHuw

Our recruitment policy is shocking.

Has been for a while. If we survive this season, the football side of the club needs overhauling big time, starting with DOF down to scouts. We cannot continue to sign duds at the rate we currently do.
Roque Mesa leaving on 11:10 - Mar 29 with 4053 viewsKGriz16

Roque Mesa leaving on 07:30 - Mar 29 by clloy2

Has been for a while. If we survive this season, the football side of the club needs overhauling big time, starting with DOF down to scouts. We cannot continue to sign duds at the rate we currently do.

How do you predict a dud?
The amount of people gloating at the poor form/failure of a signing on here is shocking as well imo.
Roque Mesa leaving on 11:24 - Mar 29 with 4031 viewsJacket

Whether you believe he was a terrible player or a player that could have done a job under Martinez or Brenda, we can all agree on one thing, it was yet another terrible, ill thought out signing. Signing a player who may or may not have suited to a style we used to play is not a good plan.
Roque Mesa leaving on 11:48 - Mar 29 with 4014 viewsmonmouth

Roque Mesa leaving on 11:24 - Mar 29 by Jacket

Whether you believe he was a terrible player or a player that could have done a job under Martinez or Brenda, we can all agree on one thing, it was yet another terrible, ill thought out signing. Signing a player who may or may not have suited to a style we used to play is not a good plan.

.....said absolutely nobody at the time he was signed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Roque Mesa leaving on 20:57 - Mar 29 with 3908 viewsMedici

Roque Mesa leaving on 06:35 - Mar 29 by Brynmill_Jack

It's easy to say you backed the right horse at the end of the race. Or , like the Red back all of them and then change your story to fit the end result......

So where were you when we all needed your expert advice and obvious clairvoyance skills ? You are Derek Acorah and I claim my five pounds..

Do keep up mun you're missing the point. Many of the lauded "experts" on here and their sheep were/are so out of touch, massively lack football intelligence.

Its not that difficult.

Clairevoyance ? Nah again, do keep up
Roque Mesa leaving on 22:52 - Mar 29 with 3880 viewsMedici

Serious question to the serious posters that stupidly fell for his deception :
How could you not see he was:
- lacking positional sense and a bit thick
- always way off the pace, reacting to plays
- way out of condition
- most importantly - a total reject to his fellow players
A total flop

How about some defence for the flop ? from those that once supported
Roque Mesa leaving on 00:30 - Mar 30 with 3852 viewsclloy2

Roque Mesa leaving on 11:10 - Mar 29 by KGriz16

How do you predict a dud?
The amount of people gloating at the poor form/failure of a signing on here is shocking as well imo.

I don't gloat at anyone who fails to live up to expectations, as a swans fan why would you. All Im saying is that as a small Prem club, we cant afford to take gamble after gamble. Look at Baston, Messa, Sanchez, Bony- all have failed to deliver, but Im sure all were signed with the best intention, which was these could be great signings on the cheap.

If you combine these, with the club and I assume our DOF at the head, sanctioning contract extensions for Leon,
Rangel, Routs & Dyer, who unfortunately due to age are all way off Prem standard, its just another downward spiral. If we are serious about staying in this league then something needs to be done immediately. Our DOF is clearly out out of his depth, unless the Americans are quite happy to keep spending to a minimum, and gamble on cheap player recruitment. If that's the case they need to tell us, so at least we don't pull our hair out for no good reason.
Roque Mesa leaving on 01:27 - Mar 30 with 3830 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa leaving on 22:52 - Mar 29 by Medici

- way out of condition
A total flop

You are Paul Clement and I'll claim a tenner.......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Roque Mesa leaving on 09:38 - Mar 30 with 3770 viewsnantywatcher

Roque Mesa leaving on 22:52 - Mar 29 by Medici

- way out of condition
A total flop

In fairness he was a brilliant pointer.
Roque Mesa leaving on 09:45 - Mar 30 with 3760 viewsSTID2017

Roque Mesa leaving on 21:29 - Mar 28 by Private_Partz

I think you insightful few all deserve a badge. Well done ,-)

Excellent post

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Roque Mesa leaving on 11:36 - Mar 30 with 3718 viewsploppy

Roque Mesa leaving on 00:30 - Mar 30 by clloy2

I don't gloat at anyone who fails to live up to expectations, as a swans fan why would you. All Im saying is that as a small Prem club, we cant afford to take gamble after gamble. Look at Baston, Messa, Sanchez, Bony- all have failed to deliver, but Im sure all were signed with the best intention, which was these could be great signings on the cheap.

If you combine these, with the club and I assume our DOF at the head, sanctioning contract extensions for Leon,
Rangel, Routs & Dyer, who unfortunately due to age are all way off Prem standard, its just another downward spiral. If we are serious about staying in this league then something needs to be done immediately. Our DOF is clearly out out of his depth, unless the Americans are quite happy to keep spending to a minimum, and gamble on cheap player recruitment. If that's the case they need to tell us, so at least we don't pull our hair out for no good reason.

Not sure I agree with you regarding gamble after gamble. As a small club with limited funds we can either sign journeymen footballers who don't cost a fortune but who can do a job (but that's about all they can do), or we look for potentially undervalued players (a la moneyball). Granted, our success rate at the latter hasn't been great, but it did give us Michu, Bony (first time), Sigurdsson and probably others if I sat down and thought about it. We just need to get better at it.
Roque Mesa leaving on 20:30 - Mar 30 with 3645 viewsGowerjack

Roque Mesa leaving on 06:35 - Mar 29 by Brynmill_Jack

A bit like Pikey Paul with Brexit you mean....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Roque Mesa leaving on 08:30 - Mar 31 with 3575 viewsBobby_Fischer

Roque Mesa leaving on 11:36 - Mar 30 by ploppy

Not sure I agree with you regarding gamble after gamble. As a small club with limited funds we can either sign journeymen footballers who don't cost a fortune but who can do a job (but that's about all they can do), or we look for potentially undervalued players (a la moneyball). Granted, our success rate at the latter hasn't been great, but it did give us Michu, Bony (first time), Sigurdsson and probably others if I sat down and thought about it. We just need to get better at it.

The Moneyball approach gave us Michu and Sigurdsson?

Didn't Laudrup bring in Michu and sure Rodgers knew Sigurdsson from his Reading days and brought time in on loan from Hoffenheim?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Roque Mesa leaving on 08:32 - Mar 31 with 3572 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa leaving on 08:30 - Mar 31 by Bobby_Fischer

The Moneyball approach gave us Michu and Sigurdsson?

Didn't Laudrup bring in Michu and sure Rodgers knew Sigurdsson from his Reading days and brought time in on loan from Hoffenheim?

Moneyball guy started in summer.

Michu signed due to the reasons you quoted, same with Siggy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024